Xenogears question: RPG Experts, help!

Farny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I offer you this picture.

xenog1dg.jpg

Notice the arrows. A friend I talked to has stated that his GH copy of Xenogears' discs say "Square Enix" on them, and that they don't have picturs of Fei and Weltall.

My question is, do I have some odd hybrid, where they gave me a disc design that resembles the original version, then switched to a different design? Could this be worth anything? Probably not, but I just want to know why it's weird like that.

All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My guess is that, by the time the game went Greatest Hit, the Square Enix merger was completed. Thus, they changed the front image, as it needed to be tweaked for the new GH packaging anyway. However, the company was probably too lazy to redesign the disc label.

A look on Ebay shows all GH Xenogears have "Square Enix" on them. Couldn't find any pictures of the disc with them, though. http://search.ebay.com/xenogears_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Did you buy it used? You may have just got the normal disc and the GH case.[/QUOTE]

That's a good possibility. I'm too lazy to go rummaging to find my copy though to see what the discs look like.

I have an original copy, and ViolentLee is absolutely correct regarding the different logo. But, my original copy's disc 2 looks identical to yours in every aspect. I'm guessing, as others have stated, that you either happen to have an original disc 2, or they never bothered to change the disc design. I don't really buy the latter, but it's a possibility.

I thought I remembered seeing the GH discs at work and thinking they looked like what sub posted. Looks like you got lucky(?) and got an original disc.

Yeah, just so you know, it was sealed. What I'm thinking is is that they changed the disc design sometime after the first shipment of the GH copies. I got it right when it went to GH, FYI. But I'm pretty sure I bought it shrink-wrapped, but there is a slight possibility that I may have bought it used.

You said I got "lucky" and got original discs, but they're still worthless unless I have a case, aren't they?

-_-;

[quote name='Farny']You said I got "lucky" and got original discs, but they're still worthless unless I have a case, aren't they?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as indicated by the (?) following my "lucky." ;) If it was genuinely factory-sealed though, then that's just crazy.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']I have the NGH inlays for trade :)[/QUOTE]

Bah, I thought they were selling for more than what I saw on eBay. They're only bringing in $30 tops for a complete, opened original.

[quote name='Ledhed']Yes, as indicated by the (?) following my "lucky." ;) If it was genuinely factory-sealed though, then that's just crazy.[/QUOTE]

Not as crazy as the Michaelangelo Ninja Turtles action figure I got way back in the day. He had two right hands. Where his left hand should be, it was a right hand just flipped, so the thumb was upside down and pointed outward.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Not as crazy as the Michaelangelo Ninja Turtles action figure I got way back in the day. He had two right hands. Where his left hand should be, it was a right hand just flipped, so the thumb was upside down and pointed outward.[/QUOTE]

Cur~azay, man!

[quote name='camoor']Now give me some god damn CANDYYYYY![/QUOTE]

2 hours later, I have duh~liver~'d!

Y'know, Baja California Starburts are actually really good. The Green flavor is especially tangy and tasty.

This is such a disappointing 100th post.

[quote name='Farny']Bah, I thought they were selling for more than what I saw on eBay. They're only bringing in $30 tops for a complete, opened original.[/QUOTE]
I also have a Factory Sealed NGH version :) , maybe that's worth something :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back