Xenosaga 2 $20 @Target (YMMV)

[quote name='myqq']Saw this in south Jersey (monmouth county) Target. Probably a YMMV kinda deal. There were about 20-30 copies when I was there.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure lots of CAGs will be happy if you could pick them up for cost + shipping + whatever you think your time is worth.

Actually, Target deals (that are non-clearance) tend to be nationwide. I'll be checking the local one tonight.

[quote name='Josef']Actually, Target deals (that are non-clearance) tend to be nationwide. I'll be checking the local one tonight.[/QUOTE]

Normally, yes, though there have been a few odd ones that have been either flukes or weird sales.

Hopefully it is nationwide.

That sure dropped quickly, it just came out in February. This game looks fun, but should you play the first one (Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht) before this one?

Was at a target yesterday, was not $20 still Full price. I did find Suikoden IV for $29.99 though not certain if that is national or YMMV. So anyone want to pick me up a copy? I'll pay for the game and shipping. Thanks

might take a few days to reach all the targets . i know mine only drops prices like on tuesday or weds. I didnt think it was that great of a game so i might check on it friday. Like i really need another sealed game

[quote name='strebor']That sure dropped quickly, it just came out in February. This game looks fun, but should you play the first one (Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht) before this one?[/QUOTE]

yea you should, unless you have the preorder bonus dvd

[quote name='strebor']That sure dropped quickly, it just came out in February. This game looks fun, but should you play the first one (Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht) before this one?[/QUOTE]

Reviews were pretty harsh towards it... this is probably a big factor.

I've heard Xenosaga 1 was pretty good, but 2 is a pretty sub standard RPG. Both seem to be a little cinematic heavy for my tastes.

Well, I can pass on this one. I picked it up at BB with a price match to Target when it was first released. With the price match and gift cards, I paid like $5 for it.

I wonder what Target will be lower the price of next?

Hopefully, the price drop is national instead of being YMMV (ie a stupid employee accidently pricing the game Xenosaga 2 thinking it was the same as the older Xenosaga.)
I won't be able to check on this deal until Thursday.
:whistle2:(

No it's not necessary. The story will make little sense either way :roll:

Hehe I will tell you now that Xenosaga II is fun. It's basically like grudgingly going through the game just so you can see more of the plot. It's more like a good story with a mediocre game. Just try those GS quests and u'll see hehe. wohooo fetching quests -_-

Sorry, I should've posted exact location. It's the one in Middletown, NJ on route 35.
They are not located behind the big glass shelves, but on regular shelves (where the have the bargain games).

I 'll try to find my receipt and post the information later tonight.

[quote name='Kulock']Just had a friend check a local Target, still came up at $49.95 for us.[/QUOTE]

grab it while you can...thats 4 cents cheaper than what j-fever reported a few posts up

[quote name='ASCforfeit9']I just checked at my target in NC. Still $49.99. SKU# is 207121237 for easy reference[/QUOTE]

thanks for the SKU now I call the store and ask them to check the number instead of having them ask "what was the name of the game?"

Checked mine, nada. They did have Sony 128MB sticks, the PSP kind, for $24.9x (50% off), so that might also be something to keep your eyes open for while looking for XG2.

PS: If the OP would pick up a copy for me, I would be ever so grateful, hehe! ^_~

not a bad deal on those 128's, but I am just going to wait for the 1gig sandisk when its out of backorder.

I saw a copy of Xenosaga 2 at my Target at the bargain area on Sunday with no price tag on it, and got excited and ran the checked the price. It came out $49.99 and was disappointed.

Same here, a few in the bargain area, but priced at full.

Still the fact that they're in the bargain area gives me a slight bit of hope, though I don't know why, seeing as the original didn't exactly knock my socks off.

[quote name='Zoglog']Hehe I will tell you now that Xenosaga II is fun. It's basically like grudgingly going through the game just so you can see more of the plot. It's more like a good story with a mediocre game. Just try those GS quests and u'll see hehe. wohooo fetching quests -_-[/QUOTE]

Alas, it wasn't always the greatest in terms of some of the gameplay. Though, I think the series easily has one of the best stories. Though, being a Theology student, and having a great interest in philosophy, may make me biased.

My store had Star Ocean in the bargain bin for a month before it was dropped to $20. So most likely this one is going to be there that long too before the drop. As for part 1, I liked but it was a bit too much on the cinema and the battle system took some time to get used to it.

If your Xenosaga 2 is still in the glass case go to upcdatabase.com and punch in the upc 722674100175 and print out the barcode. Then run that barcode under the price checker station. That is what I am going to do after work at my Target.

Updates:
I stopped by this morning at the Target where I got it. They have removed the game and placed it behind the glass shelf. I asked them why, and apparently, someone misplaced them thinking that they are Xenosaga 1 and placed them on the $19.99 bin.

They said they sold it to a few customers (I guess I lucked out) but since they have corrected the price/label mistake that they made.

Sorry about that.

(I went there this morning at 8am and all copies were moved.)

[quote name='myqq']Updates:
I stopped by this morning at the Target where I got it. They have removed the game and placed it behind the glass shelf. I asked them why, and apparently, someone misplaced them thinking that they are Xenosaga 1 and placed them on the $19.99 bin.

They said they sold it to a few customers (I guess I lucked out) but since they have corrected the price/label mistake that they made.

Sorry about that.

(I went there this morning at 8am and all copies were moved.)[/QUOTE]

My initial predication (it is on page 1) came true.
It was a price mistake (pricing Xenosaga 2 as Xenosaga 1)
:whistle2:(

[quote name='myqq']Updates:

Sorry about that.

(I went there this morning at 8am and all copies were moved.)[/QUOTE]

Well, you did say YMMV, and that's about as YMMV as you can get :p

Oh well, enjoy your copy of Xenosaga 2.

[quote name='Edge']Well, you did say YMMV, and that's about as YMMV as you can get :p

Oh well, enjoy your copy of Xenosaga 2.[/QUOTE]

Well, more like YMWV.

bread's done
Back