Xenosaga 2 bonus

ElfAngel7

CAGiversary!
Xenosaga 2 is supposed to come w/ a bonus DVD. Is this the DVD i heard last year that has all the cut scenes from the first Xenosaga?

Bingo, but not all of them. I also read they were going to add in some scenes that were cut from the original game.

I'm not really interested in Xeno 2, but I want that DVD. That's a cool pre-order. Much better than some stupid t shirt or something like that.

I heard it was supposed to be 4 hours long. I'll probably get the dvd but I'm not interested in the game either.

EB has that on their site right?

What about the one at outpost for 39.99, does that come with the same DVD?

I'm just curious why you guys would want the DVD and not the game? Or do you mean you just don't want the game for $50?

[quote name='rockhero']I'm just curious why you guys would want the DVD and not the game? Or do you mean you just don't want the game for $50?[/quote]

Well I'd like the DVD because the animation was nice, but the game sucked so I never finished it.

I agree with zionoverfire, i liked the story, but couldn't really get into the game. This will be a way to experience the story without those boring ass battles (IMO).

well, i played and beat the game, but it'd be nice to have the cinema's to remind meself what's went on last game.

Say what you like about the game but the story was highly entertaining.

Though it's obvious the DVD couldnt possibly hold every cinema as I had tried recording the whole thing on my own and less than half way through I already had close to 8 hours of straight cinema.

[quote name='Alpha2']Say what you like about the game but the story was highly entertaining.

Though it's obvious the DVD couldnt possibly hold every cinema as I had tried recording the whole thing on my own and less than half way through I already had close to 8 hours of straight cinema.[/quote]

Well, if they could fit it all onto a PS2 disk they should be able to get it on one normal DVD, unless they use some sort of other format.

[quote name='Alpha2']Say what you like about the game but the story was highly entertaining.

Though it's obvious the DVD couldnt possibly hold every cinema as I had tried recording the whole thing on my own and less than half way through I already had close to 8 hours of straight cinema.[/quote]

The story moved way too slowly to be entertaining for me (and I was able to go along with Xenosaga's similarly turtlelike pace). Even after 30+ hours of gameplay I still wasn't feeling like I'd done anything special... Never did finish that game. I'd appreciate having this DVD as a "Cliffs Notes" version. But I really don't think I'm interested in playing Episode II anyway...

Pre-order only, or limited to the first couple people who bought it is what I've heard, like the master quest for WindWaker. And the games battle system, etc... is heavily revised. i.e. wait for review.

[quote name='ElfAngel7'][quote name='Alpha2']Say what you like about the game but the story was highly entertaining.

Well, if they could fit it all onto a PS2 disk they should be able to get it on one normal DVD, unless they use some sort of other format.[/quote]

Actualy about 80% of the cinema was done with the game graphics with small scenes useing FMV of the game graphics enhanced with special effects (There are a couple of monehts that are pimpossible to be done all in PS2 hardware) so it'd be very easy to fit that much story into the game DVD.

personally I think I enjoyed the story because it didn't rush. It might be slow but only because they took the time to establish the characters personalities. Xenogears was like a 700 page novel all the text you had to read while Xenosaga really is like watching an interactive movie or anime (just think if someone decided to do an anime this way without game play, you could get almost en entire season of shows on 1 dvd for 45 bucks rather than 120!)

I picked up the movie today...

It's pretty good. For all of you who haven't played the first game I still recommend playing it. The movie seems like it's more helpful to those who haven't played it for awhile and just need a refresher. I mean, you'd probably get by fine but you'd miss alot of the character development and how some of the characters meet (they don't show you how they meet up on the elsa really... all of a sudden they're just onboard with almost 0 explanation). I'm psyched for episode 2 though. I love the series. Ciao.

bread's done
Back