Xenosaga Ep II at Best Buy for $9.99 (YMMV?) after Game Pro coupon

WhoKnowsWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just noticed the game (without a red Greatest Hits cover) all had $14.99 stickers on them. With the Game Pro coupon, makes it a cheap $9.99 at Best Buy. It's no longer on the website and I found it that price at two stores, but YMMV still.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Just noticed the game (without a red Greatest Hits cover) all had $14.99 stickers on them. With the Game Pro coupon, makes it a cheap $9.99 at Best Buy. It's no longer on the website and I found it that price at two stores, but YMMV still.[/QUOTE]

That's a good price - but i paid $5.96 for it at Circuit City just before Xmas - doubtful you'll be able to get it at that price now though.

[quote name='toadielurks']That's a good price - but i paid $5.96 for it at Circuit City just before Xmas - doubtful you'll be able to get it at that price now though.[/quote]
Yeah, when I looked for it at CC back then there were none at any of the stores.

I don't think this is YMMV - I saw them today too wth the same little "14.99" stickers. Not bad (for $10) if you haven't found it cheap elsewhere yet. I just need to get part III, and then I need to play the whole series some day ;).

Heh, after reading this I drove down to the Best Buy in Westminster, CA and, sure enough, there were plenty in stock.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='Blade']Does Episode 2 work on first generation PS2's? I know Episode 1 doesn't.[/quote]

I've never heard of such a problem with Episode I. Two of my friends have launch PS2s (SCPH-30001) and they both played through Episode I. And I have a GT3 Racing Pack PS2 (SCPH-35001, which has absolutely no difference from SCPH-30001) and it plays Episode I perfectly.

[quote name='CaoPi']I can confirm this also saw about 4 copies at my local BB a few wks ago marked at the same price.[/QUOTE]

Nice price.

IMHO horrible game compared to the first. But still, great price.

(Ideally, see if you can get a summary disc cinematic dvd and go straight to #3)

[quote name='nikkai']

IMHO horrible game compared to the first. But still, great price.

(Ideally, see if you can get a summary disc cinematic dvd and go straight to #3)[/QUOTE]
It's short on story, but in terms of gameplay it's my favorite in the series by far. The nature of the battle system means every little battle takes a long time, but it's really rewarding once you understand the intricacies of it. There's nothing like unleasing a long elemental chain on a downed, defenseless boss.

And I believe it works with older PS2s because it's on 2 discs instead of 1 dual layered disc.

[quote name='Blade']
Does Episode 2 work on first generation PS2's? I know Episode 1 doesn't.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rapsodist']I've never heard of such a problem with Episode I. Two of my friends have launch PS2s (SCPH-30001) and they both played through Episode I. And I have a GT3 Racing Pack PS2 (SCPH-35001, which has absolutely no difference from SCPH-30001) and it plays Episode I perfectly.[/QUOTE]

I have heard of such a problem with Episode I.
Xenosaga Ep I is one of the few games on the PS2 that uses a dual layer dvd.
I wouldn't say all early model PS2s were having this issue, but a LOT of people did ran into this problem (this topic was pretty prominent when Ep I was first release).
Xenosaga EP II, on the other hand, uses two single layer dvd to eliminate this issue (and cut down on cost).

PS:
It might be a good idea to play thru EP I first before starting Ep II.

[quote name='wbc1228']I have heard of such a problem with Episode I.
Xenosaga Ep I is one of the few games on the PS2 that uses a dual layer dvd.
I wouldn't say all early model PS2s were having this issue, but a LOT of people did ran into this problem (this topic was pretty prominent when Ep I was first release).
Xenosaga EP II, on the other hand, uses two single layer dvd to eliminate this issue (and cut down on cost).

PS:
It might be a good idea to play thru EP I first before starting Ep II.[/quote]

Alright, thanks. Do you know if they fixed the issue when they released EP I GH?

[quote name='BIG5']It's short on story, but in terms of gameplay it's my favorite in the series by far. The nature of the battle system means every little battle takes a long time, but it's really rewarding once you understand the intricacies of it. There's nothing like unleasing a long elemental chain on a downed, defenseless boss.

And I believe it works with older PS2s because it's on 2 discs instead of 1 dual layered disc.[/quote]

The battle system is defintely awesome, I was quite upset when they "downgraded" it in EpIII.

[quote name='Blade']Alright, thanks. Do you know if they fixed the issue when they released EP I GH?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but they didn't.
The GH version is the same as the original.

Episode 1 works perfectly fine on launch ps2's. I've played and beaten it on mine. It doesn't matter when the system was made the problem is some systems have DRE's and its more common on older models then newer ones. It's not a problem with the game but a problem with the laser reading it.

bread's done
Back