Xenosaga III-GS IN STOCK MINT AND COMPLETE!!

Stevothepro

CAGiversary!
Just made my rounds thru NYC. and a weird thing. i looked up Xenosaga 3 On gamestop.com and not only for some strange reason it was available online, But maybe 20-30 stores in the New york area supposedly have them in store as well. I snagged 3 copies and ALL 3 WERE GEM MINT And COMPLETE.I I asked one of the managers that I'm cool with and he told me that It was sent to their store with a bunch of other random games. none of the Xenosagas I bought had obviously ever been played before. So it seems that maybe Gamestop Found a lost shipment in a warehouse somewhere and Distributed them to random Stores. one Thing though, all 3 had the "newer" PS2 case the one without The Memory Card Holder. Never seen them before like that, But i remember a similar thing happening with tales of he AByss. the later Print Runs had the Newer cases. anyway I know some of you CAG's will really jump on this deal.

P.s. Dont know if the thread has been started yet, but GS also has a "gameday" type sale, including BOTH new and old games,starting Monday some of the hilights include
COD MW2-29.99-PS3 and 360
AC2-19.99
and Batman AA-19.99
I seen th whole list but these are the ones I remeber the most

This is a great game especially if you liked Xenogears. Alot of fan service was put into this.

How much was ebay price going for? I didn't realize this game was rare at all.

[quote name='SchumiF1']This was out of the blue, for reprints lol.[/QUOTE]

Not really... used copies of the game was going for as much as $40-$60. Seems pretty reasonable. The Atelier Iris reprints were unnecessary.

[quote name='blueweltall']This is a great game especially if you liked Xenogears. Alot of fan service was put into this.

How much was ebay price going for? I didn't realize this game was rare at all.[/QUOTE]

It was fairly rare though I'm not sure there was great demand for it.

The Xenosaga trilogy though probably remains one of the *rare* JRPGs that actually finished what it set out to do (unlike Shenmue). The hack series is the only other one I can think of that did the whole multi-game delivery without dying out in the middle.

I don't suspect we'll get anything quite like Xenosaga again.

[quote name='romeogbs19']
The Xenosaga trilogy though probably remains one of the *rare* JRPGs that actually finished what it set out to do (unlike Shenmue). The hack series is the only other one I can think of that did the whole multi-game delivery without dying out in the middle.

I don't suspect we'll get anything quite like Xenosaga again.[/QUOTE]

Xenosaga was originally supposed to be a six game series. It didn't sell well enough, so they ended it at three.

This game really doesn't go for that much used. A friend of mine bought the game (mint complete) and guide off eBay not long ago for thirty something dollars - so it's really not worth trying to flip it after your time, trouble, and eBay fee's.

...great people people who just want the game for their collection, though.

[quote name='chunlirocks']
I am actually on part 2 and can't believe how much the greedy fucks want on ebay for part 3.

Reprints make life so easy and fuck YOU to the money grubbers on the net!

Woot[/QUOTE]

125334-cry.gif

[quote name='Sephiroth X']This game really doesn't go for that much used. A friend of mine bought the game (mint complete) and guide off eBay not long ago for thirty something dollars - so it's really not worth trying to flip it after your time, trouble, and eBay fee's.

...great people people who just want the game for their collection, though.[/QUOTE]

Last I checked it was around $40 or so on amazon.

[quote name='wrldindstries302']Last I checked it was around $40 or so on amazon.[/QUOTE]

Which completely tanked as soon as this thread popped up and all the people who bought these started undercutting each other.

The GameStop copies might be complete but nothing gutted by Gamestop employees will ever be "mint." Always will be much more closer to mutilated.

[quote name='sabanoo']Which completely tanked as soon as this thread popped up and all the people who bought these started undercutting each other.[/QUOTE]

I know but my point is there was a point when this game was going for pretty much money,

[quote name='wrldindstries302']I know but my point is there was a point when this game was going for pretty much money,[/QUOTE]

True. I'd been holding out and was honestly shocked when the random order I placed a week ago came with two near-mint copies...

I was reading about this on here so decided to go into the corbin ky gamestop today and low and behold they had a copy that is close to mint for $19.99. I was going to order it online because I could have gotten $5 off that with the 25% off code but didn't know what condition it would be in so I went ahead and picked it up. I also got devil summoner 2 with raiho doll for $19.99 and a few more cheap games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, just picked up a mint/complete copy at my GameStop a couple miles away. It's like they just took the shrink wrap off the game and decided to just sell it used. They also had a couple more of those Devil Summoner 2 games with the Raiho plush for $19.99 new. Might have to go back and snatch them.

I have been hunting for this game for half a year already. When I saw my two local Gamestops listed as having it in stock, I immediately went, but neither of them had it after the CSRs all looked for it.

Finally decided to check eBay again and saw that the prices have indeed dropped. Not even a month ago, this game would normally sell for $30-$35. Now, I see a bunch of auctions ending at around $20-$25. In fact (just to brag a bit ;)) I managed to score a copy for $18 including shipping, making it even cheaper than buying it from the GS website even with the 25% off code \\:D/.

I didn't know Xenosaga III was so sought after that they could justify the reprint. It's too bad we won't another chapter of Xenosaga since the developer is now under Nintendo and Namco still owns the IP.

While reprinting Xenosaga III is cool, I wish someone would reprint ICO.

Xenoblade for Wii looks good. Might have to check that one out if it hits stateside. I wonder if it's some sort of spiritual successor?

A few years ago there was an ebay seller who was selling these in lots of a 40 for $10 per game. Based on how available (and seemingly unwanted) the first two were, we passed. Imagine how foolish I felt when I saw the price on these never come down!

[quote name='earvcunanan']Xenoblade for Wii looks good. Might have to check that one out if it hits stateside. I wonder if it's some sort of spiritual successor?[/QUOTE]
I was thinking with this "reprint." It might be to test how the market reacts to the series. If we buy them all, we may get the wii game localized. :)

It is a reprint. I've been sitting on the other two for years until I got all three. Called my local GameStop, and they have 2 copies. One's in the reserve drawer waiting for me to go git it tomorrow. I'm not after Ebaying it at all, I'm just glad to have a chance to experience it! Hopefully we can see reprints of the Shin Megami Tensei games next. Maybe Disgaea 2 or Fatal Frame?

Amazon has SMT Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga games in stock brand new for ~$30. The Fatal Frame games have been reprinted and sold through GameQuestDirect.

bread's done
Back