Xenosaga III screw up.

dyreschlock

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
greetings..

recently, namco released a demo from their upcoming conclusion to the Xenosaga series, Xenosaga III. It featured a playable dungeon, and a couple other things..

At the time when monolith created the demo, the game was probably 90% complete. All the story was set in the game, all dungeons, all everything except for some minor details here and there. When they made this demo, monolith simply took a little bit of the finished game.

It wasn't long before japanese haxxors messed around with the disc to grab source data, just to see what was on the disc, or to get raw data.. general curiosity. ^_^

WHAT THEY FOUND WAS ASTOUNDING

apparently, to save time, Monolith include the entire database full of story, quotes, etc rather than pick it apart to only include data relevant to the demo..

and once this information hit 2ch, the game was blown wide open.. All details for the conclusion of the Xenosaga series are now fully known to the public. All thanks to sloppy Software Engineering.

So... if you wish to know the ending, feel free to search for it. there are a huge amount of posts on GameFAQs apparently.

sloppy sloppy sloppy..

That's absolutely insane! I'm very tempted to read up on this just out of sheer curiousity. I'll try and read enough without spoiling, if possible. (Got back from gamefaqs, I just can't risk the spoilers, I backed off. This is really amazing though.)

Wow... Namco really fucked up. I have absolutely no intention of reading any of it though... I love the Xeno series and I can't understand why anybody would want to spoil it for themselves.

OMG! I just read it:

XENOSAGA STILL MAKES NO fuckING SENSE!

;)

i've played through Xenosaga 1 and 2, but only the japanese version for some idiotic reason. I got so burnt out on the gameplay that i never came back to play through the American versions..

i still have no real concept of what's going on..

Hopefully the DS game will help me out in this department. Though, i suppose i could just watch the anime.

bread's done
Back