XFPS 360 Pro? Mouse + KB on 360

Puffa469

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Anyone have any experience with this product?

http://www.xcm.cc/XFPS_360_PRO.htm

Basically it lets you connect a PC mouse and KB to the 360. As you can imagine, this could really help improve FPS gameplay.

And it works with PS2 controllers and peripherals as well, so you can use your Dualshocks or Guitar Hero wireless guitars with the 360 GH II.

The caveats seem to be that:

Its expensive, running upwards of $80

It requires a wired 360 controller in order to be recognized by your 360, and you need to plug your Live headset into that controller.

So what do you guys think?

The guys at OXM tried this and they said that games like Call of Duty work just fine with it but that games like Gears of War were really sluggish with the keyboard and mouse and were almost unplayable.

doesn't splitfish have a hybrid controller/mouse setup for the 360

never mind i looked on there website, and I didn't see it listed

[quote name='darthbudge']The guys at OXM tried this and they said that games like Call of Duty work just fine with it but that games like Gears of War were really sluggish with the keyboard and mouse and were almost unplayable.[/quote]

Are you sure they reviewed the 'Pro' model?

There was a 'XFPS 360' that was black in color and didnt have any mouse sensitivity controls. You could only change the sensetivity if the game you were playing had an option to do so. But this new 'Pro' model has up/down & left/right sensitivity controls. Its two scroll wheels right on the unit.

I wonder how/if this thing compensates for dead zones and aiming assist and things like that?

[quote name='Puffa469']
And it works with PS2 controllers and peripherals as well, so you can use your Dualshocks or Guitar Hero wireless guitars with the 360 GH II.
[/quote]
Is this correct? If so, it sounds cool. Wonder if it will apply to GH3 on 360?
The ps2 D pad would sure work better on fighting games. Might be more nostalgic with beautiful Katamari. Good BC lightgun games at all?

Edit: after reading, it does claim to solve these problems with new adjustible features. I really need to see a good review of this with multiple peripherals of varying quality and supported and unsupported devices.

I wonder if my Hori Real Arcade Pro joysticks will work with this? That would make fighting games 100X better.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Is this correct? If so, it sounds cool. Wonder if it will apply to GH3 on 360?
The ps2 D pad would sure work better on fighting games. Might be more nostalgic with beautiful Katamari. Good BC lightgun games at all?

Edit: after reading, it does claim to solve these problems with new adjustible features. I really need to see a good review of this with multiple peripherals of varying quality and supported and unsupported devices.[/quote]

That's the whitest Xbox 360 and controller I've ever seen. I wish MS released with THAT white instead of this off white. Maybe the lighting in the picture is just VERY bright or he customized his...or is it just me?

[quote name='Puffa469']I wonder if my Hori Real Arcade Pro joysticks will work with this? That would make fighting games 100X better.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='Will D Thrill']That's the whitest Xbox 360 and controller I've ever seen. I wish MS released with THAT white instead of this off white. Maybe the lighting in the picture is just VERY bright or he customized his...or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

Think Microsoft calls their white "Chill White"

bread's done
Back