XFX Radeon 4850 $47 AMIR - Newegg (DEAD)

Honestly, I found my HIS Radeon HD 4670 was able to run games fairly well at 1920 x 1080. Sure with the crazier settings turned down, but point being that it was pretty good for the games out there right now.

Point being, I can imagine this HD 4850 would be a pretty solid graphics card for such a low cost if you're wanting to upgrade on a budget. For those interested, check out Tom's Hardware and see how it does benchmark wise.

Thanks for posting OP. Little good to me, but I'd think this a good deal for others with older graphics cards.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']Will this make it so i can watch in HD 1080? j/w[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but if it didn't I would be completely shocked. I mean, it does play a lot of games at 1080p...

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']Will this make it so i can watch in HD 1080? j/w[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

[quote name='Roguestriker']I'm thinking this would be great to replace my HD 3850 256 MB...

Yeah, can't even handle Crysis 2 supposedly.[/QUOTE]

Really? My 4870 handles it with nary a hiccup on the medium settings, I can't imagine the 4850 being too much of a step down. I bet on the lowest settings it'd be fine.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Absolutely.

Really? My 4870 handles it with nary a hiccup on the medium settings, I can't imagine the 4850 being too much of a step down. I bet on the lowest settings it'd be fine.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I meant my 3850 doesn't meet minimum requirements. Well the 1 GB ver does >_>.

Good to know about the 4850 though. Definitely can't be set to DX 11.

[quote name='erehwon']Think that card would be a good upgrade to a geforce 8600 GTS?[/QUOTE]

A HD4850 would be a tremendous upgrade from a 8600GTS. BUT, make sure you have a psu that can handle it. Otherwise you need to buy one.

[quote name='mogamer']A HD4850 would be a tremendous upgrade from a 8600GTS. BUT, make sure you have a psu that can handle it. Otherwise you need to buy one.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone tell me what kind of PSU is needed to handle it? I recently bought a new PSU but I have no idea if it's capable of it or not? How do I find out?
Thanks

[quote name='testaroo']Can anyone tell me what kind of PSU is needed to handle it? I recently bought a new PSU but I have no idea if it's capable of it or not? How do I find out?
Thanks[/QUOTE]
Newegg has the psu requirement right on the page for the card. The feedback section for Newegg products usually have good information from actual users of the product. Of course you can go to this site and plug in your hardware specs and compare to what you have.

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Wow, excellent deal. If it was an instant rebate I would bite. I kinda need a new card since my old one bit the dust a while ago and I am running off integrated.

Was never a ATI fan. First ATI card I bought popped up a blue screen of death after a year and after ready couple forums it's been a known issue and ATI could never figure it out.

[quote name='ctrek3']how big of an upgrade would this be from a evga 9500 gt 1gb card?[/QUOTE]

It would be huge! But again, you have to worry about upgrading your power supply if you current one can't handle the 4850.

[quote name='Marauder7']Anyone know what I can do with a old Powercolor HD3650 PCI-E card? Have one sitting around and looking to give it away.[/QUOTE]

Put it on craigslist or post it with a freeshare group.

Thanks OP, great deal if the rebate comes through. Currently have an 8800gts 512 so it's not a huge upgrade for me but will help tide me over until the current gen cards drop more, and I can use the 8800 in one of the kid's computers

So I am a total CAG for hardware upgrades, and usually upgrade my Graphics Card once every 3 years and never spend over $100.

My question is advice as to if this is worth it to upgrade my current card.
nVidia GeForce 9800 GT
DirectX Support: 10
CUDA Cores 112
Core Clock: 600 MHz
Shader Clock: 1500 MHz
Mem Clock 900 MHz (1800 MHz data rate)
Memory Interface: 256-bit
Dedicated Memory: 512 MB GDDR3

I wouldn't bother from a 9800GT, and I certainly wouldn't have even given it a first thought with an 8800GTS-512 if it were solely for upgrading (although putting either card into a second machine still makes this a great deal overall).

Yea, from a 9800GT it's not worth it. A stock 4830 is equivalent give or take and the 4850 really wasn't much faster. My overclocked 4830 is close to a 4850, not equal but close. But if you look at games today, the difference between the cards is damn near miniscule. If you want to upgrade I'd recommend a GTX460 at a minimum.

[quote name='mogamer']Newegg has the psu requirement right on the page for the card. The feedback section for Newegg products usually have good information from actual users of the product. Of course you can go to this site and plug in your hardware specs and compare to what you have.

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp[/QUOTE]

thanks the link helped me out greatly. I was able to cancel the order in time

[quote name='jthieme']I find Tom's hierarchy charts a good reference to determine how big an upgrade it is:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...rd-geforce-gtx-590-radeon-hd-6990,2879-7.html

The 4850 shows one step up from an 8800GTS and 2 up from 9800 GT. For me I'm more interested in the 512 - 1GB memory upgrade to help with textures in some games.[/QUOTE]

Tom's hierarchy chart also recommends not making an upgrade unless you are making at least a 3-tier jump.

The 512 -> 1GB memory isn't going to do anything noticeable for you. If you are getting the card to have a good card in each computer, go for it. If you are looking for an upgrade of any sort though, this isn't it. The 4850 isn't going to hold you over for any longer than your current card is. You could actually lose some performance in games with the 4850 actually, as some games love Nvidia cards.

If I ordered this and received the package say 4/2. Am I still elligible for MIR?

I'm currently on 8800gt with zalman cooler installed. Is it worth the upgrade?

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']It would be huge! But again, you have to worry about upgrading your power supply if you current one can't handle the 4850.[/QUOTE]

i have the corsair 750w power supply. that should be more than enough

im rockin my 4890 and dont plan to upgrade for another year or so. it runs everything i throw at it on high at full HD, granted it cant do DX 11, but whatever. 4850 is a solid card for games out today. i say get it for that price for sure

I'm sad I missed out on this, would have been a great upgrade from my XFX 8500 GT. :cry:

[quote name='Marauder7']Anyone know what I can do with a old Powercolor HD3650 PCI-E card? Have one sitting around and looking to give it away.[/QUOTE]

I'll take the donation. :lol:

bread's done
Back