XIII (PS2) $3.90 at Fry's Electronics YMMV

bart122580

CAGiversary!
I was at Fry's Electronics in Fremont and they have XIII marked down to $3.90. There were a lot of copies, I'm playing the game now and it's pretty good for the price :)

I played this (xbox version) a few months ago and was shocked to find someone on LIVE playing it. Maybe some freak timing. Good game though.

Those who jump on this deal, try and find it for any other system instead. The controls on PS2 are terrible.

Yeah, definitely try and get this for the PC, if at all possible. I had it on the PS2, and it was alright, nothing spectacular. Also bought it on the Xbox, same thing...

But I bought it on the PC, and it became, hands-down, my favorite FPS of all-time. Such an amazing game.

Hopefully, they will reconsider and make the sequel, XIII is getting it's own TV mini-series, so this gives a sequel some hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Yeah, defiantly try and get this for the PC, if at all possible. I had it on the PS2, and it was alright, nothing spectacular. Also bought it on the Xbox, same thing...

But I bought it on the PC, and it became, hands-down, my favorite FPS of all-time. Such an amazing game.

Hopefully, they will reconsider and make the sequel, XIII is getting it's own TV mini-series, so this gives a sequel some hope.[/quote]

I can't decide whether that was a typo or not. It's just a hair off from "definitely," but judging from how passionately you advocate the PC version, I guess it might not have been. Well, I'll take your advice and keep an eye out for the PC version when I'm at Fry's tomorrow.

[quote name='zephie']I can't decide whether that was a typo or not. It's just a hair off from "definitely," but judging from how passionately you advocate the PC version, I guess it might not have been. Well, I'll take your advice and keep an eye out for the PC version when I'm at Fry's tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yes, sorry, that was a giant typo on my part. That's what I get for typing when I'm half-asleep.

Regarding the PC version though, if you do not see it at Fry's, try GS (I know, GS is the devil), if yours still has a PC gaming section (I noticed alot don't anymore), that is. They will usually have XIII on the PC for around $3.99, which is just 9 cents more then what you would pay for it at Fry's.

Surprisingly, the PC version, last time I checked, still had a very live community for online play too. I ran into plenty of games, with plenty of players. I'm not sure if it's still like that now, but as of a few months ago, the XIII online community for the PC was still thriving.

bread's done
Back