XM Roady2 $20 (No Rebates)

Has anyone dealt with this website before? Also, does anyone know how much shipping is, and how long this deal is good for?

$50 is a good price for the Roady2, but $20 is a steal and a half...

is the XM service worth 12 bucks a month? I would mainly use it for sports channels. Also how hard is it to move the receiver to multiple cars, and is it hard to bring the receiver indoors?

[quote name='RawisJericho']is the XM service worth 12 bucks a month? I would mainly use it for sports channels. Also how hard is it to move the receiver to multiple cars, and is it hard to bring the receiver indoors?[/QUOTE]

It's well worth $12 a month, and it gives you XM Online for free.

Isn't difficult at all to move to multiple cars or inside with the Roady2:

1. Place antenna on top of vehicle (works with a really strong magnet and holds well, yet is easy to move when you are ready to move it... which is great).

2. Run antenna cable into vehicle.

3. Plug antenna cable into Roady2, and plug power cable into cigarette lighter.

Easy as pie and takes less than a minute. :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Has anyone dealt with this website before? Also, does anyone know how much shipping is, and how long this deal is good for?

$50 is a good price for the Roady2, but $20 is a steal and a half...[/QUOTE]

Ground shipping is free. I almost jumped on this, but I really need to stop spending so much. Bump for a great deal.

[quote name='Santurio']damn, now I just need the rest of the setup.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by the rest of the setup?

The only thing holding me back from getting this right now is that there is no NFL on XM.

[quote name='RawisJericho']What do you mean by the rest of the setup?

The only thing holding me back from getting this right now is that there is no NFL on XM.[/QUOTE]

Thats the same thing I was thinking, but I ordered one anyways. Just did it. It said there are only like 26 left.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Thats the same thing I was thinking, but I ordered one anyways. Just did it. It said there are only like 26 left.[/QUOTE]

That means 26 different promotional codes availiable for use right now on the site. There are over 400 of these in stock still.

[quote name='RawisJericho']What do you mean by the rest of the setup?

The only thing holding me back from getting this right now is that there is no NFL on XM.[/QUOTE]
Don't you need like a car kit or something?
or is this the whole package?

Awww man.. I'd love to get this and the boombox attatchment to use in my office. Great price, that's for sure. I'm definately going to look into the boombox/antenna/car mount on Ebay later on tonight. Thanks OP

[quote name='Santurio']Don't you need like a car kit or something?
or is this the whole package?[/QUOTE]

This is the item description:

The Delphi XM Roady2 is complete with all the features that Roady has to offer, Roady2 has some exciting additions. Roady2 is the smallest and lightest satellite radio receiver, an average of four times smaller than its plug-and-play competitors. Roady2 is 30% thinner and 40% lighter than the original Roady and comes with virtually everything you need to enjoy satellite radio.

Package Contents

Roady2 Receiver with Built-In Wireless FM Modulator
Mini-Micro Antenna
Cigarette Lighter Adaptor
Vent Mount Adaptor
Cassette Adaptor (for optional cassette player connection)
3 Decorative Faceplates
XM Channel Guide, Quick Guide, & Owners Manual

Looks like the whole package to me
Package Contents

• Roady2 Receiver with Built-In Wireless FM Modulator
  • Mini-Micro Antenna
  • Cigarette Lighter Adaptor
  • Vent Mount Adaptor
  • Cassette Adaptor (for optional cassette player connection)
  • 3 Decorative Faceplates
  • XM Channel Guide, Quick Guide, & Owners Manual

It contains an entire car kit in the package. Cigarette lighter power cord... cassette deck adaptor... antenna... everything. If you don't have a cassette deck, you can hook this up via direct audio connection (if your stereo has one) or through excellent-quality wireless FM.

I don't drive around in the car much, just to and from work/school mainly. Would this be worth getting still? I might grab it for $20 and just hold onto it until I can find a home kit some place cheap.

There are several 3 months free promos going around. Some people give them out for free, if not, you can find them on ebay. Most around $10, still a good deal.

[quote name='pipdipchip']There are several 3 months free promos going around. Some people give them out for free, if not, you can find them on ebay. Most around $10, still a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Anybody have any ideas where to get one of these 3 month free promos?

[quote name='RawisJericho']deal is dead now[/QUOTE]

Damn.. I had just sat down to buy it, just got paid today and got off of work. This pisses me off, I'm going to get beers

It's listed as 49.99 but if you add it to the cart its only 29.99...still a great deal. I'm picking this up just so i can get O+A in the car all the time.

Got Mine today, use online activation code OEM001NNA for free activation +3 months. It is the Infiniti owners code, so choose drop downs appropriately ;)

'XMSCION03' might work as well for free activation and a 3 month trial.

hmm, anyone know if sears would price match this or do they only match their direct competitors' websites?

[quote name='Santurio']Got mine today!!

BTW: what is O+A?[/QUOTE]

A better and somewhat less perverted version of Howard Stone.

[quote name='BigDirty']Got Mine today, use online activation code OEM001NNA for free activation +3 months. It is the Infiniti owners code, so choose drop downs appropriately ;)[/QUOTE]
do you have to choose a payment plan just to try the 3 month trial?
If so, what plans are you guys choosing?

Oh, and thanks for the O+A answers.

Right now it says 49.99, add it to your cart and it says 45.99 and under rebate it says 45.99.... Hmmmm.. Is there a rebate for this thing now and I just don't know about it?

[quote name='Santurio']do you have to choose a payment plan just to try the 3 month trial?
If so, what plans are you guys choosing?

Oh, and thanks for the O+A answers.[/QUOTE]

You do, I chose the quarterly payment.

So far I found the best feature about the radio the baseball programming, you can have the display tell you score, inning and out:

[quote name='"example"']
TOR 3 KC 5
Top 9th 1 out
[/quote]

[quote name='Santurio']Sorry to bring this back up, but I found another pretty good deal on this item on a different site.
Free
after rebate[/QUOTE]

How reliable is that site?

[quote name='RawisJericho']How reliable is that site?[/QUOTE]
In my experience, they are pretty good. I have ordered twice from them and have had no problems with condition or shipping of the products.

[quote name='Santurio']In my experience, they are pretty good. I have ordered twice from them and have had no problems with condition or shipping of the products.[/QUOTE]

How are they when it comes to giving the rebates and not giving the shaft instead?

I went ahead and grabbed one from ecost. The $4.99 handling fee sucks, but the $49.99 rebate makes up for it. Hopefully it'll ship quick and the rebate will come quick.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I went ahead and grabbed one from ecost. The $4.99 handling fee sucks, but the $49.99 rebate makes up for it. Hopefully it'll ship quick and the rebate will come quick.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, I hope it comes fast for you. I am really enjoying mine. Now I just need to get a home kit with the remote. I haven't used a rebate with them before, but I don't generally like using rebates. But if I had seen this deal before I ordered mine I would have gone for it too.

[quote name='Santurio']Sweet, I hope it comes fast for you. I am really enjoying mine. Now I just need to get a home kit with the remote. I haven't used a rebate with them before, but I don't generally like using rebates. But if I had seen this deal before I ordered mine I would have gone for it too.[/QUOTE]

Actually ecosts resellerrating is pretty bad so I just cancelled my order. Hopefully another $20 deal will come back.

[quote name='Santurio']Sweet, I hope it comes fast for you. I am really enjoying mine. Now I just need to get a home kit with the remote. I haven't used a rebate with them before, but I don't generally like using rebates. But if I had seen this deal before I ordered mine I would have gone for it too.[/QUOTE]

Just don't expect a good amount of talk or at least a good amount of Partisan Channels. Personally I picked Sirius because they offer "World Radio Network" and "Public Radio International" exclusively but that's just me. I hate the fact I'm missing Bob Edwards and one other channel XM has though.
Hey Jericho PM me ok? I wanna hear what you're thinking of your TV.

Found even a better deal!

Link to promotion

If that link doesn't work:

THE O&A WINTER XM OFFER

Take advantage of these special wintertime savings now! Offer expires 12/31/05

All portal radios - $99!

All SkyFi2 car/home bundles - $39!

All XCS9 car bundles - FREE!

I jumped on that deal from ECost back in August. Their service is very reliable, the only thing is that it took 2 1/2 months to get my rebate. Having XM radio is pretty cool to have, especially if you take long trips.

For those who asked about setting it up in the house or at work, here's a tip: the XM Roady doesn't need a docking station like some of the other receivers, just the wiring. The home kit normally costs $40, but I bought the home kit for the discontinued SkyFi 1 on clearance at Sears for $11, and it works perfectly. You just need an open red and white audio outlet to plug into (i.e. your TV, VCR, or DVD player). Mine is hooked up to a PS2 surround sound system (if your TRU still has these green tagged, pick it up!!).

bread's done
Back