XP SP3 Access Denied Isusse

dabebop

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Had to tackle this issue a few times with downloading, and installing three times, and still I haven't found how to fix this. Googled search to see what I could find and even looked on the microsoft support site ::

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

It installs alright, but I suppose when it gets to updating the registry or something it does the pop up of the access denied, than uninstalls itself, and another message pops up saying it couldn't get rid of everything. From that point I just system restore before I started this whole mess.

So just curious if anyone has worked a way through this. If not than I might just format my pc later on, or just ignore sp3 completely.

Sorry, didn't read the article carefully. I saw a lot of Google results for SP3 problems with individual programs, but not any other install failures. I just downloaded and installed it to my XP Pro SP2 machine, and it went smoothly. That and the lack of responses by anyone else makes me think you have some corrupt files. Did you try the "refresh" (whatever it's called) with your current XP disc?

Well doing the registery refresh method that they have up on the site doesn't really help. Most likely since there are some files that are just screwed up, but thanks for the input R. I'll just have to format down the road perhaps.

bread's done
Back