xTheThiBag88x send off OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Wolve11']From my brother in law (a top dog at verizon): within a year you'll be able to use any phone on their network.[/QUOTE]

Using any phone on their network won't fix their sub-standard customer service and repeated attempts to bend customers over in any way possible.

I've had service with verizon sprint and AT&T and verizon was by far the best. Both AT&T and sprint have tried to screw me and failed.

[quote name='Wolve11']I've had service with verizon sprint and AT&T and verizon was by far the best. Both AT&T and sprint have tried to screw me and failed.[/QUOTE]

I left AT&T because I was tired of getting "jobbed" by Apple and AT&T had no good Android phones. It took 35 days for VZW to "job" me. Had I bought an iPhone 4 instead, it would have taken at least 11 months.

I actually got up and went to class today, even though I didn't need to go. Now I have a test a 1, a paper to write for tomorrow and my organic chem final tomorrow to end this session. Too bad the next session starts on Monday. :(

[quote name='Wolve11']I've had service with verizon sprint and AT&T and verizon was by far the best. Both AT&T and sprint have tried to screw me and failed.[/QUOTE]

I gotta say though, I have much lower signal with Sprint. Sprint just offered more features and cooler phones for my price point. In two years, though, I know I'll be finally getting a smart phone again. Who knows if I'll stay with Sprint then.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I left AT&T because I was tired of getting "jobbed" by Apple and AT&T had no good Android phones. It took 35 days for VZW to "job" me. Had I bought an iPhone 4 instead, it would have taken at least 11 months.[/QUOTE]

Um..."jobbed"?

I have a friend who works at Burger King and doesn't own a car who thinks he needs an iPhone.

But this guy is terrible with money. He's always bitching about how broke he is. I told him instead of getting cable, just get Internet and a netflix account. You can watch 85% of what you can see on cable. But he has to watch his Sci-Fi channel. Some people just don't know how to manage $$.

I can see a basic cell phone, but does he really need a smartphone? Cell phones cost about the same as land lines.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I gotta say though, I have much lower signal with Sprint. Sprint just offered more features and cooler phones for my price point. In two years, though, I know I'll be finally getting a smart phone again. Who knows if I'll stay with Sprint then.

Um..."jobbed"?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully in 2 years, sprint will have better coverage in your area. Then you can go ahead and get something awesome and useful, like whatever the equivalent of an HTC EVO 4G is in 2 year.

"Jobbed" is the term someone coined for the yearly process of getting bent over by Apple, mostly trying to be "clever", since Apple's CEO is Steve Jobs. The general new product every year, it does something you really wanted your current model to do, but we're stopping support for your current model, so come buy a new model at full price screw your existing customer base business model.

iPhone 2g customers got jobbed out of native MMS support for no reason. Apple blamed the hardware, but it's a lie -- you can get your iPhone 2g running native MMS if you jailbreak it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
"Jobbed" is the term someone coined for the yearly process of getting bent over by Apple, mostly trying to be "clever", since Apple's CEO is Steve Jobs. The general new product every year, it does something you really wanted your current model to do, but we're stopping support for your current model, so come buy a new model at full price screw your existing customer base business model.

iPhone 2g customers got jobbed out of native MMS support for no reason. Apple blamed the hardware, but it's a lie -- you can get your iPhone 2g running native MMS if you jailbreak it.[/QUOTE]

Annual obsolescence by design / forced hardware upgrades is one of the things that drives me crazy about Apple. Even more infuriating is that Apple fans actually like buying new Apple shit even if they shouldn't have to; Which perpetuates the bad business practice.

s-VUVUZELA-large.jpg

VBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back