Ya probably shouldn't buy Wii Points @ Kmart....

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
KmartPoints.jpg

I was in K-Mart yesterday seeing if they have any clearance games around, and I was checking inside the case where the Wii games were at and I saw 2 Wii Points cards chillin on their side. I could not believe what I saw. The price tag actually said "$27.79". I really had to stare at it, and I got my friend to look and yes, the tag said $27.79! I only had my camera phone with me at the time, but I just had to be a nerd (and angry nerd at that!) and take a pic of it!

I know Wii Points cards are somewhat hard to find (personally, I've been seeing them all over the place lately, but whatever) but how do they get away with charging this much for them?!

There's really nothing else to say, I just wanted to share this story of something terrible I witnessed :(

...It also makes me think about the amount of people who MAY have purchased these cards at this price!

they're $29.99 at Shop Ko around here. And the PS3 Blu Ray remote is $49.99 at Fred Meyer ($24.99 everywhere else). Weird stuff.

I guess the one advantage to using WII cards is you can add points and buy virtual games and never put your personal information on the WII console IE Credit card info, name etc. Down the road when you decide to trade it in or sell it you wont have to worry about erasing personal data, nor what nintendo did with your personal info etc.

Also I guess some people have such lousy credit that cant get a credit card (or good credit and choose not to have a credit card) so if they want to use the virual console they have to pony up for a WII card. I dont know if Nintendo gives retailers any discount on the cards but they take up space they could use to sell other products so why not make a profit on the cards. If people are willing to pay $5 to $12 for old games they should mind paying a little more for a WII card.

yeah but still...I saw these at wal-mart for $19.97. If 1 wii pt= $.01 like it should, how can these stores justify this? I mean, apart from being just plain greedy to prey on ignorance... TRU had them for $25 back in december...

[quote name='troa11']yeah but still...I saw these at wal-mart for $19.97. If 1 wii pt= $.01 like it should, how can these stores justify this? I mean, apart from being just plain greedy to prey on ignorance... TRU had them for $25 back in december...[/QUOTE]

My local stores have Wii points cards now for $19.99, BB seems to be OOS a lot but my guess is because they still carry the GGC and I bet people buy them for $15, which is awesome! In fact next time I need one I'm hitting up BB for a $15 Wii points card! :)

The Fry's here had them for $24.99. I just laughed at the thought of somebody paying more for Wii points than they're worth.

The only place I've bought points from was TRU and they were the normal price of $19.99.

makes no sense to me since 1 wii point is once cent...why charge more that really is kind of rediculous. target and walmart are the best places to buy them for me lately...they keep a decent stock somehow.

Why do people think the Wii saves your CC info? Or, better question, am I missing something? Every time I've bought points I've had to reenter the CC #, etc.

[quote name='scsg75']they're $29.99 at Shop Ko around here. And the PS3 Blu Ray remote is $49.99 at Fred Meyer ($24.99 everywhere else). Weird stuff.[/quote]

Yeah, but shopko is always horrible when it comes to videogame prices. My shopko has some great deals right now, too. Company of Heroes and Titan Quest for only $54.99! Neverwinter Nights Diamond for only $34.99! and of course, the Wii cards for $29.99!

Awesome!

Yeah, Kmart pretty much sucks like that and I know cause I've worked there for nearly 6 years during the summer....

Imagine my disappointment when I was excited to be able to get a 10% discount off the Wii card only to find out the price (at the time) was $25. Obviously, they've decided to increase it even further since then.

The K-Mart here has them for $24.99.

Earlier in the year people were actually buying them at that price. I don't think they do much anymore though, since the Wal-Mart down the road has been consistantly getting them in for $19.99. (I never bought them at K-Mart!)

[quote name='daroga']Why do people think the Wii saves your CC info? Or, better question, am I missing something? Every time I've bought points I've had to reenter the CC #, etc.[/quote]

Im with you, i wish it would save my info, i am the one lazy sob !!!1 If it does i wish it would stop making me enter my crap over and over and over ...

Keep in mind that price tags at K-mart are, at best, a hopeful suggestion and often have little to do with the scanned price.

bread's done
Back