Yaaay I just got hired at blockbuster

projecteightysix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I got hired at blockbuster after putting in application after application for 2 years or so. I live in a small city, which means crappy old people stores, a walmart, fast food, and a blockbuster are pretty much the only job opportunities.

I'm happy.

[quote name='projecteightysix']I got hired at blockbuster after putting in application after application for 2 years or so. I live in a small city, which means crappy old people stores, a walmart, fast food, and a blockbuster are pretty much the only job opportunities.

I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

2 years??!?!! damn.... I know my local compusa I've tried to apply there several times years ago and they never called me back..... someone i met in that store says that unless you know someone that works in that store that can vouch for you don't expect a call back.

[quote name='ITDEFX']2 years??!?!! damn.... I know my local compusa I've tried to apply there several times years ago and they never called me back..... someone i met in that store says that unless you know someone that works in that store that can vouch for you don't expect a call back.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty much how it is, my good friend is now a manager there and he talked the district manager into it pretty much.

Nice going, bro. Congratulations. I've heard mixed stories about working at these rental places - on one hand, it's apparently fun and pretty easy to be able to work with games and movies and all that, and less draining than other retail jobs. That said, I've heard the customers are often rotten and they'll try to screw you at every opportunity (even moreso than other retail jobs)...I've known people to quit their jobs at rental places for that very reason, but hopefully you'll appreciate the good things more than the bad. Nice going, hope you dig it.

I've put apps in my local blockbuster for years and never got called. All I ever wanted was a part-time job. My friend worked full time and got burned out way to fast.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Nice going, bro. Congratulations. I've heard mixed stories about working at these rental places - on one hand, it's apparently fun and pretty easy . That said, I've heard the customers are often rotten and they'll try to screw you at every opportunity.[/QUOTE]

That was the half the reason he quit the other reason was the DM told him he needed to start selling movie passes or he would be fired. So he just took off his shirt right there in the middle of a full store on a friday night and threw it at the DM. That was some funny shit to me at least. I hate people that are managars in shitty retail compaines and think they're a god, or important.

Congrats, I just quited blockbuster last month, haha. Its a very easy job and hours are flexible. Most of the people that go to blockbuster are asshole. They ask the stupidest question. So fucking hard to deal with. It was annoying that each week theres a quota to fulfilled, but we were never able to because our dumbass District Leader always set the quota so high. They always tell us we would be fired if we don't sell enough movie pass, but they never do. lol

I had fun working there. We would come up with so many different way to get people to sign up the movie pass. Most of the time we just gave them the first month free to get people to sign up. We didnt cared the store is losing money just as long we get the DL off our back. haha. The customers you have to watch out, they're such pain in the ass.

Good luck man

Good look OP!

[quote name='Slayzz']Congrats, I just quited blockbuster last month, haha.[/QUOTE]

You quited blockbuster?

EDIT: :rofl: looks like zewone beated me to it.

You spellded grammer wrong.

I only laugh that they pointed it. If those words are just taken out of a sentence and left alone, they are funny. I didn't even notice them in your post.

[quote name='Slayzz']come on give me a break. Its 1 am here.

sorry grammer police. I'll try to do better next time.[/QUOTE]

*grammar police

Is it that hard to get hired? I was offer to work at an EB store 4 times in the last year. Also another manager of another EB wanted to hire me. I just didn't feel like working. I have no job experience at all.

[quote name='Slayzz']come on give me a break. Its 1 am here.

sorry grammer police. I'll try to do better next time.[/quote]

Dude, don't let them get your goat. Everybody rags on each other here just having a good time.

[quote name='King_Sprout']You spellded grammer wrong.

I only laugh that they pointed it. [/QUOTE]

Holy shit, how could I have missed this?

[quote name='projecteightysix']I got hired at blockbuster after putting in application after application for 2 years or so.[/QUOTE]

ouch! I'm getting jab by everyone. what a great way to start a new day.

lol its cool. I don't mind it at all. Plus I never find it funny when I see other peoples mistake.

Back to the topic. It was pretty hard to get hired actually. Like best buy and other big retailers, Blockbuster use the same program(forgot the name) where you have to answer like around 50 questions. Most of them are same question but different way of asking. They would reject your application if you have like 3 wrong answers. Every month we would have over 15-20 rejected application. They only call you if you pass that test which is kinda dumb because I used to get a lot of question asking if we got their application.

[quote name='Slayzz']ouch! I'm getting jab by everyone. what a great way to start a new day.

lol its cool. I don't mind it at all. Plus I never find it funny when I see other peoples mistake.

Back to the topic. It was pretty hard to get hired actually. Like best buy and other big retailers, Blockbuster use the same program(forgot the name) where you have to answer like around 50 questions. Most of them are same question but different way of asking. They would reject your application if you have like 3 wrong answers. Every month we would have over 15-20 rejected application. They only call you if you pass that test which is kinda dumb because I used to get a lot of question asking if we got their application.[/quote]Interesting, perhaps I should try reapplying.

Got any other tips?

bread's done
Back