yakumo's Final Lowball of the Year Over.

[quote name='RySenkari']Who gets Skies of Arcadia? Blade outbid me AT 12:00 midnight but before Yakumo's post...[/QUOTE]

From what Yakumo said, all posts after 12:00 AM wouldn't be counted, regardless of his end post, as his connection is slow.

Anything posted at forum time 12:00 is technically after 12:00, so... my guess would be you.

[quote name='RySenkari']Who gets Skies of Arcadia? Blade outbid me AT 12:00 midnight but before Yakumo's post...[/QUOTE]

It's up to Yakumo's discretion. Personally I think any bids before the clock struck 12:00 counted, and any after didn't.

AWESOME. Hope that's the case, I've wanted to play Skies of Arcadia for years.

I see that I got outbid on Revenant Wings, but I was probably overpaying for it anyway, so enjoy. *shrugs* I'll wait until Amazon puts it up for $14.99 someday. Got too many SRPGs on my backlog anyway.

[quote name='AugustAPC']From what Yakumo said, all posts after 12:00 AM wouldn't be counted, regardless of his end post, as his connection is slow.

Anything posted at forum time 12:00 is technically after 12:00, so... my guess would be you.[/QUOTE]

Technically, anything marked 12:00 or prior is not after 12:00. We can only take Yakumo's time with the number of significant digits provided. Any Chemistry class takers? lol

[quote name='predseth']Technically, anything marked 12:00 or prior is not after 12:00. We can only take Yakumo's time with the number of significant digits provided. Any Chemistry class takers? lol[/QUOTE]

Technically 12:00:01 is past 12:00. So unless he magically posted at the very nanosecond of 12:00...

Again, speaking technically.

[quote name='AugustAPC']From what Yakumo said, all posts after 12:00 AM wouldn't be counted, regardless of his end post, as his connection is slow.

Anything posted at forum time 12:00 is technically after 12:00, so... my guess would be you.[/QUOTE]

I did say any bids past 12:00 doesn't count, so anything within 12:00 counts, even if you have the bid on 12:00 exactly. My network is slow, so I actually press the post button on 11:57 and my screen didn't load until 12:03. Sorry for the network problem, it something I can't help, I know I did put a definite end time but due to some technical difficulties, it has to come to this.

If the CAG posting time showed nanoseconds, then the specificity would mean you were right. Since it does not, all 12:00's are at that discrete time (12:00) and not after.

[quote name='predseth']If the CAG posting time showed nanoseconds, then the specificity would mean you were right. Since it does not, all 12:00's are at that discrete time (12:00) and not after.[/QUOTE]

That actually does make sense considering the uncertainty of the time with regards to seconds (lol, going into physics now. Damn finals)

[quote name='predseth']If the CAG posting time showed nanoseconds, then the specificity would mean you were right. Since it does not, all 12:00's are at that discrete time (12:00) and not after.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing the 1/60 odds that he posted after the exact second, far worse if we look past that.

Regardless, Yak's already weighed in, so it doesn't matter. But yea, pointless discussions are awesome, lol.

[quote name='HakaHina']That actually does make sense considering the uncertainty of the time with regards to seconds (lol, going into physics now. Damn finals)[/QUOTE]

My Physics final is at 9:00 am tomorrow and is covering relativity. haha. Good luck on your finals!

[quote name='HakaHina']That actually does make sense considering the uncertainty of the time with regards to seconds (lol, going into physics now. Damn finals)[/QUOTE]

Good luck with your finals. I had my last two finals for the semester on Thursday. Glad that's over with, now I can enjoy my break. :)

[quote name='predseth']My Physics final is at 9:00 am tomorrow and is covering relativity. haha. Good luck on your finals![/QUOTE]
Good luck with your final also. I know how those early morning finals feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='predseth']My Physics final is at 9:00 am tomorrow and is covering relativity. haha. Good luck on your finals![/QUOTE]

Mine's on monday and it's only general physics.

I seriously feel for you, especially so early in the morning. Good luck too!

To be fair, my bid on Chun-Li was actually $8. Trying to beat out other last second snipers, lol.

You can leave it $7 if you want, though :cool:.

Damn, I missed this; such is the price of going out an almost-date with a girl.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']So I didn't win Zelda GC because someone posted a bid few seconds after 12
So not fair![/QUOTE]

As was stated before, it's up to Yakumo's discretion. It's our privilege that he's hosting this lowball at all. I'm sure he intended to be as fair as possible.

[quote name='AugustAPC']As was stated before, it's up to Yakumo's discretion. It's our privilege that he's hosting this lowball at all. I'm sure he intended to be as fair as possible.[/QUOTE]
Well, once the rules are drawn they should be followed.
And in this case I believe it was pretty clear that bids upto(not including) 12:00 will be considered.
Once the CAG clock struck 12, I stopped any potential bidding, but looks like you were allowed to bid till 12:01
Which is ok as long as it was made clear in advance

dang i completely forgot about the end time. Was at a beer garden last night catching up with some old mates. Oh well, it was still worth and i still got Super Punch Out so im happy about that. Sending you payment ASAP.

edit:Nevermind, i dont see a paypal addy on the front page. Ill pay ya when you send me an invoice lol.

Payment sent.
I don't care about or want Zelda GC anymore & actually glad to save some money.
But just noticed that in Post #500(posted at exact 12:00), lowball was announced over.
And bids after that were still considered.
That makes it even more unfair to everyone else who were clearly told that lowball is now over!

[quote name='RySenkari']Hey Blade, if you ever get tired of that Skies of Arcadia game and want to re-sell, think of me when you do, K? :p[/QUOTE]

I apologize for outbidding you right at the cut-off time. It's been on my wish list since 2006, but more or less passively until I could find it for a reasonable price. $20 is pretty good according to what I found on ebay. If I ever find another copy of the game for cheap, I'll sell it to you for the amount you would've paid. :)

Payment sent, thanks again yakumo!

Thank you for those who have paid. I will have those packages sent out Monday. Also, If you are international, please inform me so that I can give you a clear shipping quote.

A warning to those that have not paid. As stated in Rule #6, you have to pay before 7 days has pass after invoices have been sent. That means you have until Sunday, Dec. 18th. I will issue a final warning on Saturday via PM.

bread's done
Back