Yakuza 2 (PS2) $19.99 (price drop)

[quote name='ryosnk']I still need to play part 1 but thanks op.[/QUOTE]

In terms of story.
Yazuka 2 has all you need to catch up on what has happened in the first game so you can just jump into it.
Unless you already own and havent played Yakuza 1, you can safely go into Yakuza 2.

[quote name='chunlirocks']up to 40 blades now

sad i didn't buy it

:cry:[/QUOTE]

I doubt Amazon had many copies left of this game. From what I recall, it received a small to moderate print run and no way is Sega going to reprint this one anytime soon.

I'm really amazed Sega is even bringing Y3 to the US; sure, there is a following, but I can't see Y3 selling many more copies than Y1 or Y2, no matter how much advertising Sega throws behind it.

well thanks for digging this up, tonight I will acquire part 1 and part 2 for $25.19..part 3 previews make this game look sweet! are there at least english subtitles in this?

[quote name='Josef']It's been $20 at Amazon for a while, but the Best Buy/Gamestop drops are new.[/QUOTE]

I know that GS has had it priced $20 since December because I bought it from there in the middle of December for $20.

[quote name='mtincher']I know that GS has had it priced $20 since December because I bought it from there in the middle of December for $20.[/QUOTE]

December of '08? Because my post was from May of '09.

Any chance they release a Yakuza 1&2 collection like they did for GOW 1&2 for ps3? Probably not =(

ok, at GameStop if there are used copies, Yakuza 2 - $17.99 - 10% = $16.20, Yakuza - $9.99 - 10% = $8.99 Total: $25.19 before tax, with EDGE..sorry I didn't explain it earlier.

but yeah, grabbed Yakuza 2 in perfect shape, no dice on part 1, if they have it, its likely in the overflow bin and I feel like I need a gallon of antibacterial liquid when I start rummaging thru there.

I picked up Yakuza 2 for $15 on clearance at Best Buy in-store a couple weeks ago. Seen it at that price at several locations (in AZ). Couldn't find the BB clearance thread to post it in, though. :/

well worth $20! I finished Yakuza 1 last month and I am on to 2 now, and will move on th part 3 when it comes out next month. Awesome series, highly recommended.

Found it at BB @ Woodbridge, VA back in December. There might still be copies. It was $15 there, but I had to pick it up for $20 here just in case they ran out since it was the last copy. Just thought I'd give anyone the heads up.

Dang, I'm a year late and it's out of stock :whistle2:D

Geez time flys, to me, Yakuza 1 is still a new game. Is it Shenmue like? Don't like the "crime" theme, but if it's Shenmue like that could have been cool. I seem to be switching from Playstation 3 to 2, so would actually be able to play it...

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, I'm a year late and it's out of stock :whistle2:D

Geez time flys, to me, Yakuza 1 is still a new game. Is it Shenmue like? Don't like the "crime" theme, but if it's Shenmue like that could have been cool. I seem to be switching from Playstation 3 to 2, so would actually be able to play it...[/QUOTE]

From what I gather, it is not particularly like Shenmue, no. it is very good. Flawed, but if you can get past that (loading times, somewhat clunky combat) it is entirely worth it.

[quote name='Dogmeat26']i recently played yakuza 1 & 2. It just made me buy a ps3 the other day in preparation for yakuza 3. :p[/QUOTE]

Awesome, but you have to try to buy Yakuza 3 at launch (MARCH 9th!) if funds permit.
I know it goes against the CAG code, but if we want to send Sega the message that localizing this series is worth their time, we need to show them big sales numbers.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Thanks for the info. I need to get to the first game first, though![/QUOTE]

Ordered mine from GoHastings during the 20% off sale for $8, sadly today I got the email to say it is on "backorder"...

I was able to pick up a copy (Yakuza 2) today at GameStop. They only had one at the store I was at. Check the gamestop website, you can do a instore search even though they do not sell it online.

[quote name='SDC']Awesome, but you have to try to buy Yakuza 3 at launch (MARCH 9th!) if funds permit.
I know it goes against the CAG code, but if we want to send Sega the message that localizing this series is worth their time, we need to show them big sales numbers.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah already pre-ordered it like 2 weeks ago. :p

If you get the chance to use a Freeloader I HIGHLY recommend it. The load times on Yakuza 1 are atrocious and are borderline unacceptable. Yakuza 2 made them better, though.

[quote name='equest943']If you get the chance to use a Freeloader I HIGHLY recommend it. The load times on Yakuza 1 are atrocious and are borderline unacceptable. Yakuza 2 made them better, though.[/QUOTE]

how does this work, and what do you need to do it?

Sega needs to reprint copies of Yakuza 2 before Yakuza 3 comes out. I wonder how many copies they actually made cause it doesn't seem like a lot was made to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I scored a complete copy at my local Gamestop for 17.xx. Even my girlfriend was excited for me :)

I was shocked when the guy said they had one, and even more shocked that it came with original case and artwork.

Yakuza 2 did not sell well in the U.S. at all due to it being released at the end of the PS2 life. If you find a copy, get it! It is definitely worth at least $20 and will most likely go up in price in the future.

[quote name='Ryuu555']I picked up Yakuza 2 for $15 on clearance at Best Buy in-store a couple weeks ago. Seen it at that price at several locations (in AZ). Couldn't find the BB clearance thread to post it in, though. :/[/QUOTE]Where in AZ? In Tucson by any chance?

I totally slept on ordering the game and ended up paying $30 for it. Haven't open it to play so I will probably keep it sealed and hunt down a used copy. Gotta get to it since I also have Yakuza 3 pre-ordered.

Now... comeon Sega, give us Yakuza Kenzan!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, I'm a year late and it's out of stock :whistle2:D

Geez time flys, to me, Yakuza 1 is still a new game. Is it Shenmue like? Don't like the "crime" theme, but if it's Shenmue like that could have been cool. I seem to be switching from Playstation 3 to 2, so would actually be able to play it...[/QUOTE]

It truly bugs me that Sega has funding for this series and yet can not at least finish Shenmue 3. I played Yakuza 1 because Sega decided to stop funding/making Shenmue 3... it has its similarities but is vastly inferior to the Shenmue series. For me, I'd only pick up this series if it hits $10 or less, same goes for the upcoming part 3 for PS3. Just hate to support an inferior product when they could have redirected the funding to at least finish the story in Shenmue 3. Yes, I really hate Sega these days. Used to be a big fan and owned every system since the Genesis/MD (yeah even the flopped addons like Sega CD and 32X). After they pulled Shenmue 3 and went out of hardware business, I'm done being a fan of this company.

For what it's worth, I picked up Yakuza 2 in a Best Buy for $17 a couple months ago.

YMMV, but if you can't find it anywhere else, might be worth a look.

Edit: Ah, I see someone already mentioned this.

bread's done
Back