Yakuza 3 $39.99 @ Amazon

I wonder how many more posts before someone mentions the cut content in the US version of Yakuza 3 (and no, this doesn't count). Sweeter deal than the BB one for me since I can use my Amazon credit. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='estofan']I wonder how many more posts before someone mentions the cut content in the US version of Yakuza 3 (and no, this doesn't count). Sweeter deal than the BB one for me since I can use my Amazon credit. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

This is the first I've heard of this. What was cut? Also, did they cut anything from the 2 previous PS2 versions? I don't get to keep up with most game news and the first two Yakuzas are in my huge backlog of games. :whistle2:k

Brock F'N Sampson;7228458 said:
This is the first I've heard of this. What was cut? Also, did they cut anything from the 2 previous PS2 versions? I don't get to keep up with most game news and the first two Yakuzas are in my huge backlog of games. :whistle2:k

The other Yakuza 3 BB thread has much more info, but basically, some of the mini-games and the entire hostess club breeding game have been cut. Depending on how much importance you attach to the cut content, people are either saying no big deal (since it doesn't impact the main game story) or preparing to take Sega to task for yet another sloppy translation job.

This is obviously a universal drop. This game will go lower guaranteed, but I wanna use my amazon credit and that shit expires. With no way of keeping track of what credit expires at what times, its best to just use it I guess.

[quote name='cupcakex1']As soon as my $20 credit for SMG2 comes in, I'm ordering this.

Thanks OP .[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm waiting for too, I was originally going to get RE: Darkside Chronicles but as soon as I saw this, the decision was easy.

[quote name='estofan']I wonder how many more posts before someone mentions the cut content in the US version of Yakuza 3 (and no, this doesn't count).[/QUOTE]If you don't want to talk about it, why bring it up?

[quote name='thedragon']Pick this up NOW!![/QUOTE]Why not wait until it's cheaper? And don't say "it'll be hard to find" because the previous two games in the series could easily be found over a year after their releases.

Damn, I'm hoping that this price stays this way until get my $25 Amazon gift certificate in the mail. I'm going to use it directly for this.

Something I heard, the Best Buy Yakuza 3 games were coming shipped without a DLC code. Seeing how Amazon price matched BB on this, I'm hoping they didn't get the same faulty batch shipment that doesn't have the DLC codes...

Anyone who gets one to come in, please let us know.

[quote name='estofan']The other Yakuza 3 BB thread has much more info, but basically, some of the mini-games and the entire hostess club breeding game have been cut. Depending on how much importance you attach to the cut content, people are either saying no big deal (since it doesn't impact the main game story) or preparing to take Sega to task for yet another sloppy translation job.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the info! I appreciate it and as long as the game has like 95% of the original content and is translated to English, I'm good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an idea but if you can wait allittle and dont mind importing zavvi.com still had it in stock for $30.00 shipped withing 24 hours, they are located in the UK. I ordered from them a few days ago, and it has already been shipped, of course Im importing demon souls as well so this helps for anyone else doing or thinking about the same thing. Why import, because this is the best english translated copy you can buy considering all pal versions are suppose to be the limited edition version and zavvi lists them as so, the limited edition includes the soundtrack, 4 pieces of dlc, and a who is who character intro to catch you up if you never played yakuza before or skipped one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrazyGunner']if it's just a price match... I'd rather go to Best Buy and grab it off the shelf and play it the same night[/QUOTE]

True, but many of us have Amazon credit and also $10 or $20 discount coupons from prior purchases to use, so that makes it all the more sweeter. Amazon is also tax-free for most people too.

Sorry, not an Amazon avocate over BB, but I know it comes across that way ;)

Just received this from Amazon after going for it
right after they dropped the price yesterday.
Can any of you experienced vets out there
confirm that the black card in there is
the DLC code? Will definitely open shortly, but would
be even more pleased with the purchase
knowing exactly what I have to look forward to.
thanks in advance.

[quote name='m_m23']Just an idea but if you can wait allittle and dont mind importing zavvi.com still had it in stock for $30.00 shipped withing 24 hours, they are located in the UK. I ordered from them a few days ago, and it has already been shipped, of course Im importing demon souls as well so this helps for anyone else doing or thinking about the same thing. Why import, because this is the best english translated copy you can buy considering all pal versions are suppose to be the limited edition version and zavvi lists them as so, the limited edition includes the soundtrack, 4 pieces of dlc, and a who is who character intro to catch you up if you never played yakuza before or skipped one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Zavvi tip. I ordered Yakuza 3 Special Edition from them just now. According to xe.com, £20.44 GBP converts to $29.42 USD. I might get a small foreign transaction fee on my credit card though. This looks like the better deal since you get some extras along with the game.

[quote name='Peanut932']Thanks for the Zavvi tip. I ordered Yakuza 3 Special Edition from them just now. According to xe.com, £20.44 GBP converts to $29.42 USD. I might get a small foreign transaction fee on my credit card though. This looks like the better deal since you get some extras along with the game.[/QUOTE]

Don't trust xe.com's exchange rate too much. It's actually an aggregate of the bank sell and buy price, so expect to be charged a bit more than what you get on their site (but not too big a difference).

[quote name='estofan']Don't trust xe.com's exchange rate too much. It's actually an aggregate of the bank sell and buy price, so expect to be charged a bit more than what you get on their site (but not too big a difference).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured that would be the case. Either way, it will probably come out cheaper than Amazon's deal.

[quote name='m_m23']Just an idea but if you can wait allittle and dont mind importing zavvi.com still had it in stock for $30.00 shipped withing 24 hours, they are located in the UK. I ordered from them a few days ago, and it has already been shipped, of course Im importing demon souls as well so this helps for anyone else doing or thinking about the same thing. Why import, because this is the best english translated copy you can buy considering all pal versions are suppose to be the limited edition version and zavvi lists them as so, the limited edition includes the soundtrack, 4 pieces of dlc, and a who is who character intro to catch you up if you never played yakuza before or skipped one.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the problem here that it's a PAL release, and therefore will not be playable on NTSC televisions?

The PAL issue is only when dealing with system to tv connections. Since the ps3 has no restrictions when it comes to games playing Japanese and pal games on a NTSC system is not a problem.

yeahhhh just 5 bucks for shipping, after my 20 cash back for smg2 and 20 gift card for read dead redemption.

Zavvi shipped my order already. I checked my credit card activity, and was charged $29.36 USD. Probably tack on a little extra for the eventual foreign transaction fee. Pretty sweet deal for the Special Edition.

Peanut932 -

I'm trying to order it from zavvi myself. What did you input for the address in the credit card info? Seeing how there's no City and State field, did you input the City, State, and Zipcode in the blank lines directly below your street address? What about for postal code? It's not letting me proceed with leaving this field blank. Did you just enter your US ZIP code?

Would the format be something like:

First address line: 111 Anystreet St Apt Z
Second address line: Anytown, CA
Postal code: 12345

[quote name='Keirnoth']Peanut932 -

I'm trying to order it from zavvi myself. What did you input for the address in the credit card info? Seeing how there's no City and State field, did you input the City, State, and Zipcode in the blank lines directly below your street address? What about for postal code? It's not letting me proceed with leaving this field blank. Did you just enter your US ZIP code?

Would the format be something like:

First address line: 111 Anystreet St Apt Z
Second address line: Anytown, CA
Postal code: 12345

I got my Yakuza 3 order from Zavvi today. Eight days delivery time from the UK to California; pretty fast for overseas delivery. The address issue I previously mentioned didn't affect the delivery. I was charged a 30 cent foreign transaction fee; no big deal really. Haven't opened up the game yet, but it is labeled as including those extras. It's still on sale at Zavvi for £17.95 GBP if anyone's interested.

I have a $20 GC and I'm thinking about giving this a shot...haven't shown my PS3 some game love in a little bit.

For someone who hasn't played the first two and doesn't feel strongly one way or the other about what he's seen of the series, do you think it'd be worth chancing it for $20?

edit: Screw it. Bought.

[quote name='Justin42']Does anyone know if you need to make a UK PSN account to use the DLC?[/QUOTE]
I would like to know this as well (though I think you would have to...but I'm usually wrong).

I'm trying to understand what is so great about this game. I picked it up and thought it was absolute crap. poor graphics, really clunky, stiff fighting system and a storyline that will put you to sleep. Then sitting through all those cut scenes where you have to scroll through tons of text is just irritating. The Japanese have a different culture and it shows with a game like this.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I'm trying to understand what is so great about this game. I picked it up and thought it was absolute crap. poor graphics, really clunky, stiff fighting system and a storyline that will put you to sleep. Then sitting through all those cut scenes where you have to scroll through tons of text is just irritating. The Japanese have a different culture and it shows with a game like this.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Yakuza is not for you. If you've played Yakuza 1 and 2, it's gonna be more f the same. You don't play open world games for the graphics but for the freedom a game like this allows you to have as well as the realism of the Japanese gangster culture.

[quote name='maximus101']Apparently Yakuza is not for you. If you've played Yakuza 1 and 2, it's gonna be more f the same. You don't play open world games for the graphics but for the freedom a game like this allows you to have as well as the realism of the Japanese gangster culture.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I played the first Yakuza on PS2 and it was decent at the time. It just seems that years later the series hasn't moved forward. Yakuza 3 is just a boring game with lots of text and some action scenes thrown in here and there that aren't done well. It's really stupid how you are walking down a street and a random guy will just pick a fight with you for no obvious reason....and this happens quite often. I guess that's to try and spice up the extremely boring game. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Yeah, I played the first Yakuza on PS2 and it was decent at the time. It just seems that years later the series hasn't moved forward. Yakuza 3 is just a boring game with lots of text and some action scenes thrown in here and there that aren't done well. It's really stupid how you are walking down a street and a random guy will just pick a fight with you for no obvious reason....and this happens quite often. I guess that's to try and spice up the extremely boring game. lol[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to simulate the life of a real yakuza/gang member. If you've never had someone in your life pick on you for no reason, you are either 1) a bully yourself, 2) an only child/extremely sheltered, or 3) extremely lucky so far in life. =P

All joking aside, I find it ingenious that people randomly pick fights with you. It explains random battles much better than suddenly having to fight monsters in RPGs. Yes, Yakuza is definitely more aptly defined as an RPG.

bread's done
Back