Yakuza 4- ps3 for 9.99 at amazon

Unless you are using Amazon credit, it makes more sense/is cheaper to order direct via gohastings (unless they charge you tax in your state).

I ordered a copy directly from gohastings site for $12.24 shipped.

You do undestand you get charge $3.99 for S/H on every copy you purchase.. so you'll be paying $12 for goHastings to ship you 3 games which will cost them less then $4

There are some other $9.99 or less games available on the gohastings site too. Yakuza 4 is probably the best, but lots of other $5-$10 New games scattered across the consoles. I did a little searching and ended up buying 5 games for ~$46 shipped.

[quote name='waldo21212']Unless you are using Amazon credit, it makes more sense/is cheaper to order direct via gohastings (unless they charge you tax in your state).

I ordered a copy directly from gohastings site for $12.24 shipped.[/QUOTE]

was that for the used copy or brand new?

[quote name='DANIEL']was that for the used copy or brand new?[/QUOTE]

New - used w/o 33% off code is ~$14-15 (w/o shipping), so used w/code is almost the same price as the new copy.

didn't like 4 as much as 3, due to the lack of gameplay with Kiryu. It was nice to see the new characters style in combat, I didn't like Saejima and Akiyama much. Yakuza 5 is currently in production btw

It's also a shame Kenzan never made it to the states, I wanted a US port badly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCaTF40jnUI

Last edited by a moderator:
why are people so braindead they don't put the total price (shipping) in the title? morons.

anyhow, not interested in these games. played the demo for Y4 and it didn't seem good.

~$12 shipped from gohastings is a decent deal if it wasn't OOS, but it's been ~$15 from a couple places for a while now. Hoping to find it for $10 shipped.

I'm playing through 4 now. Too much story and too little gameplay (but plenty of running around and random encounters!) for me.

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm playing through 4 now. Too much story and too little gameplay (but plenty of running around and random encounters!) for me.[/QUOTE]

maybe pick up yakuza dead souls instead? lots of action/gameplay.

[quote name='CaoPi']didn't like 4 as much as 3, due to the lack of gameplay with Kiryu. It was nice to see the new characters style in combat, I didn't like Saejima and Akiyama much. Yakuza 5 is currently in production btw

It's also a shame Kenzan never made it to the states, I wanted a US port badly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCaTF40jnUI[/QUOTE]

That trailer looks badass! I can't believe I never heard about that game until now.

[quote name='CaoPi']didn't like 4 as much as 3, due to the lack of gameplay with Kiryu. It was nice to see the new characters style in combat, I didn't like Saejima and Akiyama much. Yakuza 5 is currently in production btw

It's also a shame Kenzan never made it to the states, I wanted a US port badly[/QUOTE]

I thought Yakuza 3 was more memorable as well, but just barely. It's more memorable because of the villains, the other NPCs, and it's the only unit in the series where the player can
visit the beautiful Okinawa city and its shops
. Yakuza 4 was done by a different director but was also very good. It's the first in the series to introduce 3 other playable characters. The new playable characters tied in very well with Kiryu. Both Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4 are unique in their own way, so it's difficult for me to really say which is better. One had memorable villains, the other had more playable characters. As for Akiyama and Saejima, I thought their brawl styles were great. Akiyama was quick with his kicks and eventually they became cancelable. Saejima is a meat tank with his chargeable attacks. They and Tanimura definitely add variety to the gameplay. Even for $14.99 at Newegg, it's a great price.

I also wish:cry: Kenzan, as well as the PSP Yakuza games, would come stateside. I remember hearing from their PR somewhere on the SEGA forums that the PSP versions wouldn't sell well and Kenzan had a dictionary mini-game that was difficult to localize. Honestly, for Kenzan, I think they should simply just cut out that mini-game like they cut out the hostesses in Yakuza 3. I rather have 70% of the game than no game at all.

I won't lie though, Yakuza games aren't for everyone.

Yakuza 5 is going to be awesome for its fans:bouncy:. How do I know? Because each installment was awesome. Even Dead Souls surprisingly (I believe they made the zombies fit in well). Like Dead Souls and Yakuza 4, I hope Yakuza 5 goes the multiple playable characters route as well.

[quote name='j-cart']Bumping this because more people need to understand how awesome Yakuza 4 is. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT![/QUOTE]

Yes. Buy it NEW as to help bring the localization of Yakuza 5 to the US. Sega USA is hurting financially and have said they will only be focusing on big ($$$) games so we need all the help we can get.

bread's done
Back