Yard Sale pricing question.

FadeToDark

CAGiversary!
I am holding a yard sale and wanted input on pricing for some consoles.

I have a pro model 360 with all cables, play and charge kit and wireless controller. I was thinking of pricing at $60 is that fair?

A PS2 with a controller, cables, network adaptor, and about 10 games for $30.

An original Xbox with 3 controllers and all cables for $15. I have like 5-10 games I would bundle and increase to like $20-$25 max.

Do you guys think this seems fair? Any ideas on what you would price them at?

Thanks for the feedback. I honestly haven't sold anything at a yard sale in a very long time.

Um, yeah, why the **** are you selling that stuff at a yard sale? And no, those prices aren't fair. They are stupidly low. You SERIOUSLY can't find a better avenue to move consoles than a YARD SALE? What is this, 1978? Let me put it this way: I would buy all of that, sight unseen, with no regard to what the games are, and I HAVE 3 360s, 2 xboxs, and a PS2. That clear enough for you?

Wha?!? Those prices are a steal!

Would you be willing to sell that PS2 on here? I would buy it in an instant if it works of course. PM me if you do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback. I was kinda wanting suggestions of how much I should charge. Like I said I don't know how much. I ended up not putting them out there cause the response was so... Intense from you all.

would need a TV to show the 360 works to move it at those prices

the other 2 people would risk it BUT i would not risk 60 not knowing a system worked or not

[quote name='mietha']Um, yeah, why the **** are you selling that stuff at a yard sale? And no, those prices aren't fair. They are stupidly low. You SERIOUSLY can't find a better avenue to move consoles than a YARD SALE? What is this, 1978? Let me put it this way: I would buy all of that, sight unseen, with no regard to what the games are, and I HAVE 3 360s, 2 xboxs, and a PS2. That clear enough for you?[/QUOTE]

Hey man I was just asking for some pricing help. I appreciate your honesty but you were kinda insulting. Where would you sell them and how much would you charge if you were selling? That was my whole goal.

[quote name='slidecage']would need a TV to show the 360 works to move it at those prices

the other 2 people would risk it BUT i would not risk 60 not knowing a system worked or not[/QUOTE]

The PS2 and 360 work. 100%. I'm not sure about the Xbox because it was my younger sisters and I never tested it. I figured with it being older and not many people looking for them it wasn't a big deal.

Then again that's why I posted on here, to get some helpful advice.

[quote name='marjincharge']Wha?!? Those prices are a steal!

Would you be willing to sell that PS2 on here? I would buy it in an instant if it works of course. PM me if you do![/QUOTE]

I don't have PayPal so I wouldn't. I'm sorry.

[quote name='FadeToDark']I don't have PayPal so I wouldn't. I'm sorry.[/QUOTE]

I could write you a check or go out and purchase a visa giftcard or a different form of payment. :D I'm serious. I'd be willing to pay more than $30.

Can I ask, is there some reason you don't want to sell these items online? If the shipping is a headache, just take the stuff to a UPS store or similar place and they'll pack and ship everything for you. You could build that cost in to your pricing and still probably make at least 50% more than you were asking.

I for one am interested in the 360 and the original Xbox, and would love to make some kind of arrangement. I could send you a postal money order or something.

Good luck whatever you decide.

[quote name='teknikalei']Can I ask, is there some reason you don't want to sell these items online? If the shipping is a headache, just take the stuff to a UPS store or similar place and they'll pack and ship everything for you. You could build that cost in to your pricing and still probably make at least 50% more than you were asking.

I for one am interested in the 360 and the original Xbox, and would love to make some kind of arrangement. I could send you a postal money order or something.

Good luck whatever you decide.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to sell locally so I didn't have to pay for shipping. I would assume something as heavy as those items would cost quite a bit to ship. I don't even know what I could charge. The reason I priced them so low is because I was told no one would pay more than that for them due to them being used.

[quote name='FadeToDark']I was just going to sell locally so I didn't have to pay for shipping. I would assume something as heavy as those items would cost quite a bit to ship. I don't even know what I could charge. The reason I priced them so low is because I was told no one would pay more than that for them due to them being used.[/QUOTE]

Where in NC are you located? I'm in Charlotte and if you're close enough I may be interested.

FadeToDark said:
I was just going to sell locally so I didn't have to pay for shipping. I would assume something as heavy as those items would cost quite a bit to ship. I don't even know what I could charge. The reason I priced them so low is because I was told no one would pay more than that for them due to them being used.
Where in NC are you located? I'm in Charlotte and if you're close enough I may be interested.
I am up in Asheville. Not too closely.

Man those prices are dirt cheap! I'd try and sell them online, though you don't have paypal so I guess that would be a little difficult. Still, you can add atleast $10-$15 more to your current prices and they would still be pretty low. Good luck with the sale (though maybe it's over already), wish garage sales around here had prices like that :bouncy:

I usually Craigslist many retro systems with games for $35 each, so your pricing is good / okay from a serious buyer standpoint. Here's the tricky part though, with the yardsale format I've seen PS2's sit when priced at the $15-20 area, and you may receive visits from folks like me who will offer $5-10 per system ;)

Advertising the bundles individually might help you out a bit. Yeah, I don't sell systems online either; being that shipping takes out a good $10-15 from the price and it's too easy for someone on the other end to say it arrived in non-working condition.

FadeToDark said:
I am up in Asheville. Not too closely.
Ah, I go to school up at UNCA!

bread's done
Back