Yard Sale scores 10-23-04

wubb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
I'm not in my normal neck of the woods this weekend, but didn't do too badly (or so I thought...)

$10 - Dreamcast, all hookups, one controller, 2 games. But when I got home I discovered that the thing won't read discs. Big bummer. It powers on and will go to the menu.

$4 - Atari Jaguar, all hookups, one controller. No games so I can't test. But when I plug it in and hit the power the LED doesn't come on so I think it's DOA as well. :(

$10 - Atari 2600 - wood grain 4 switcher + 2 joysticks + AC and RF switch + 9 games. Okay deal, and this does work.

$5 - Atari 2600 - six switcher, 2 joystocks, 2 paddles + AC and RF switch + 12+ games. But the real icing on this one is that it came with two remote control joysticks and the receiver. I had never seen these things before. Not sure if they work (need a 9V battery) but if they do I will be very happy. The system itself works fine. I can't wait to get my wireless crappy Pac-Man on!

So if everything worked it would have been an outstanding day. Even with the crappy broken systems it was still pretty good. Rather dissapointing as I don't have a Jaguar or Dreamcast, would have been nice additions to my collection.

Thats pretty cool, I always wanted a Jaguar for some reason...

I got a great deal today too.

Went to a yard sale today and this lady just put up a sign that says "Free" on a table with a bunch of computer junk, so I took home a CPU along with a microsoft controller, 2 mice and a keyboard. Booted it up and it's got Win XP! :eek: also a copy of Roller Coaster tycoon was in the CD drive. So considering i've always had to share a computer with my family, It's nice to get my own to put in my room. :D

Wow, that is a nice find. How much RAM, etc? I'm thinking if it's running XP it must have at least 128MB or so?

Just grabbed the 9V out of my smoke dectector to check the wireless joysticks and they work! Wooot!!! (Well the left one works at least, I put it back in the detector before checking the right one.) So the day's haul officially jumps to very good IMO.

Those 2600 joysticks have such short cords (plus they plug in the back...) wireless will be much nicer.

[quote name='wubb']Just grabbed the 9V out of my smoke dectector to check the wireless joysticks and they work! Wooot!!! (Well the left one works at least, I put it back in the detector before checking the right one.) So the day's haul officially jumps to very good IMO.

Those 2600 joysticks have such short cords (plus they plug in the back...) wireless will be much nicer.[/quote]

Wubb, make sure you don't burn your place down with all of these yard sales finds. Put that 9V back in your smoke detector, and I'll buy you some 9V's for the joysticks. :lol:

Thanks for the offer shrike, but I already hit up Wal-Mart for the 9Vs :) The major problem I can see with the joysticks is they have an on-off switch so when I inevitably leave them on the batteries will die a premature death.

Just got some two player wireless Freeway action on. That game is pretty fun. You have to run across a freeway dodging traffic kind of like frogger. Only you can only go forwards and backwards (no side to side) and two play at the same time to see who can get the highest score. And I think you are a kangaroo or something instead of a frog.

[quote name='wubb']Just grabbed the 9V out of my smoke dectector to check the wireless joysticks and they work! Wooot!!! (Well the left one works at least, I put it back in the detector before checking the right one.) So the day's haul officially jumps to very good IMO.

Those 2600 joysticks have such short cords (plus they plug in the back...) wireless will be much nicer.[/quote]

Pac-man or fire safety? The things we do for videogames.

[quote name='wubb']Thanks for the offer shrike, but I already hit up Wal-Mart for the 9Vs :) The major problem I can see with the joysticks is they have an on-off switch so when I inevitably leave them on the batteries will die a premature death.

Just got some two player wireless Freeway action on. That game is pretty fun. You have to run across a freeway dodging traffic kind of like frogger. Only you can only go forwards and backwards (no side to side) and two play at the same time to see who can get the highest score. And I think you are a kangaroo or something instead of a frog.[/quote]

Just trying to be helpful to a fellow CAG. :D

I remember Freeway from back in the day, decent Frogger clone from back in the day.

[quote name='wubb']

$4 - Atari Jaguar, all hookups, one controller. No games so I can't test. But when I plug it in and hit the power the LED doesn't come on so I think it's DOA as well.

[/quote]

No the Jaguar is'nt DOA. If I recall it has to have a game in it for it to even power up.

[quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='wubb']

$4 - Atari Jaguar, all hookups, one controller. No games so I can't test. But when I plug it in and hit the power the LED doesn't come on so I think it's DOA as well.

[/quote]

No the Jaguar is'nt DOA. If I recall it has to have a game in it for it to even power up.[/quote]

Hey thanks for that info, much appreciated! Now to try to find a game...

bread's done
Back