Yay Guitaroo Man found at EB

nakedsushi

CAGiversary!
I went to the gym today, thinking I would reward myself for working out by going to the EB in the same plaza afterwards. I walked into EB, not expecting to find anything good, but hoping to get an extra DC controller.

Found the DC controller ($2.99) and browsed through their PSX games. Other than Tenchu for $1.99, nothing interested me. I figured I had enough PSX games I own and still need to play, so I left it there. I walked past the used PS2 games aisle, not expecting to find anything, and did a complete double-take.

Sitting on top of a pile of other games was Guitaroo Man! The box was in almost-new condition. I thought there had to be some catch, so I took it up to the counter and asked to see the disc. The disc was like new. I didn't find a single scratch. Just a finger smudge which wiped off easily. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the manual.

So as a reward for going to the gym, I got a DC controller ($2.99) and Guitaroo Man ($39.99). Wow, if I can score like this every time I go to the gym, I'd go every day.

[quote name='Scorch']Awesome, but most of us go to the gym to score in other ways.[/QUOTE]

You mean to stare at people in the showers? That's just wrong Scorch!

[quote name='gizmogc']You mean to stare at people in the showers? That's just wrong Scorch![/QUOTE]

I don't know what gyms you guys are all going to. There's only 40+ year old women in the showers in my gym!

I was rewarded for a random video game store stop today too but unfortunetly I didn't get to do any peeking at the shower beforehand so your story's probably better. Anyway, I found a disc only Rez at Gamecrazy for $31.49. Its disc only but the disc is absolutely pristine.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I was rewarded for a random video game store stop today too but unfortunetly I didn't get to do any peeking at the shower beforehand so your story's probably better. Anyway, I found a disc only Rez at Gamecrazy for $31.49. Its
disc only but the disc is absolutely pristine.[/QUOTE]

Probably because most GameCrazys resurface the discs..

[quote name='Scorch']Probably because most GameCrazys resurface the discs..[/QUOTE]

Probably, but as long as its not done with a GameDR then its all good.

[quote name='nakedsushi']I don't know what gyms you guys are all going to. There's only 40+ year old women in the showers in my gym![/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. The other day when I went into the locker room to dry my swimming suit, I noticed a naked old man about 70 years old + out of the corner of my eye. He proceeded to casually walk over to his friend to say hello and talk about golf of something. I instantly jerked my head away in disgust and closed my eyes while the dryer finished it's job. I then walked towards the exit looking the opposite direction.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Probably, but as long as its not done with a GameDR then its all good.[/QUOTE]

It's not, it's a buffing machine. I got a used MotoGP2 that looked like shit buffed yesterday.. holy crap man, it came out looking brand freakin' new. I strongly recommend getting games buffed there!

[quote name='Scorch']It's not, it's a buffing machine. I got a used MotoGP2 that looked like shit buffed yesterday.. holy crap man, it came out looking brand freakin' new. I strongly recommend getting games buffed there![/QUOTE]

I'm really curious if the black PSX discs would turnout ok cause I've got a Suik 2 just begging to be resurfaced.

how many copies of Gitaroo Man were printed? i've seen at least three threads recently of people finding the game. i got in a couple years back at CC for $10, i didn't even realize what it was, just looked cool.

I'm really curious if the black PSX discs would turnout ok cause I've got a Suik 2 just begging to be resurfaced.

I had a copy of Valkyrie Profile that I had found at an EB that looked like absolute SHIT, it had probably been Disc Doctored about 3 times with the worst machine ever. It was sad. The Gamecrazy machine made it look about 85% better...not perfect, but damn good. I should have taken a before and after picture, the before was just horrible.

[quote name='secretvampire']I had a copy of Valkyrie Profile that I had found at an EB that looked like absolute SHIT, it had probably been Disc Doctored about 3 times with the worst machine ever. It was sad. The Gamecrazy machine made it look about 85% better...not perfect, but damn good. I should have taken a before and after picture, the before was just horrible.[/QUOTE]

Hmm perhaps I should take that and Tactics Ogre to get resurfaced then.

OP-Sorry about the threadjack.

Wait I'm confused. You can bring a game to Gamecrazy and get it resurfaced?!? How much? Any catches??

They used to charge $1 a disc for MVP members. Now they make you buy a card...five resurfaces for $5. It obviously still works out to $1 a disc, but you have to prepay for five in advance which does kind of blow.

Game Crazy has an awesome machine that buffes. Ive had games that looked like absolute shit get buffed to look near-perfect.

:applause: Nice find on the Gitaroo Man. I luckily found mine earlier this summer at Gamerush for...

12.99 :cool: But still I want another one, to trade. Oh ya.. I've owned a card at Game Crazy for their resurfacer. Totally worth it. Oh. BTW if they have a game w/ scratches, they'll buff it for free. That's how I got a Grandia 2 for the DC that looked like it was scraped across cement looking pristine. :p

P.S. I inquired on where to buy a machine, they said it cost like almost a Grand. So... ya.. I'll pass on the resurfacer.

bread's done
Back