Yay Hooray

dawdledotcom

CAG Veteran

Dawdle's happy to announce what a lot of people found out on their own - no listing fees to sell your games, systems, or accessories on Dawdle.

We'd like to invite y'all to check us out; Dawdle has no listing fees, guaranteed payment (never a broken transaction), and we're the easiest place to list your stuff for sale. No trading - just buying and selling for coldhardcash - but no dealing with queues or tokens or anything else.

And if you're a buyer, we've got a few stores listing hundreds of items; we just got in a lot of PS2, Genesis, and Super Nintendo games. Plus, if you want a game that no one has listed, make a bid first. We'll publish that you've added it to your Want List and try to find a seller that has it (all without disclosing your identity, so you can get it as a gift for someone).

Thanks to Cheapy for the green light. :D

wow no one cares about this site?

Dawdle has no hidden fees and fees are a small percentage, 11.99%, of the final sale value, covering all costs to the seller (the 50 cent insertion fee is credited against the final sale value fee).
thats a bit too much to start with dont you think? i think for a newcomer you guys should have some sort of introductory percentage. it makes it more interesting. for 3% more i could just sell it on amazon.

[quote name='phear3d']wow no one cares about this site?

thats a bit too much to start with dont you think? i think for a newcomer you guys should have some sort of introductory percentage. it makes it more interesting. for 3% more i could just sell it on amazon.[/QUOTE]

well, it is cheaper than amazon, but I agree. For about half that, I might try throwing a few things out there. on the other hand, between ebay and amazon, that's a hard sell.

The whole don't-see-prices thing bugs the hell out of me. Its basically playing a guessing game, and a way lengthy one at that. For buying it seems hella-easier to just goto eBay or amazon...

*edit*

Just to prove my point, if somethings up for 30 days, and the price they want (Since buyers are blind to seeing this) is around eBays/Amazons, we end up waiting 30 days for it to end and get nothing. This whole no price/length of listings thing seems like a giant pain.

[quote name='georox']The whole don't-see-prices thing bugs the hell out of me. Its basically playing a guessing game, and a way lengthy one at that. For buying it seems hella-easier to just goto eBay or amazon...

*edit*

Just to prove my point, if somethings up for 30 days, and the price they want (Since buyers are blind to seeing this) is around eBays/Amazons, we end up waiting 30 days for it to end and get nothing. This whole no price/length of listings thing seems like a giant pain.[/quote]
There's a way to do this. Now, I can't tell you what it is, cause our store partners wouldn't be too happy, but I will answer questions with :hot: and :cold:. :) (What can I say, I like games. Marco? Polo!)

Let me give you a little bit about our philosophy on this - Dawdle's probably the most similar to Priceline, in that you name your own price and we try to find a seller for you at that price. The big difference is that with Priceline, you generally get a hotel room that's within some nebulous area (Times Square) as opposed to a particular hotel (W Times Square). With us, you get exactly what you want - a copy of Phantom Hourglass, used, but complete with box and manual - rather than used, but in "good" condition. If we had total price transparency, we wouldn't be able to get all of the inventory that we do have, because people don't want to compete with themselves.

We take your bid and do three things with it -

1. we check it against anything that's listed on the site at that moment and keep checking it against listings that come in for the period of your bid;
2. we publish it for everyone to see under Most Recent Bids to notify potential sellers that someone wants it; and
3. we send it to our store partners on a delayed basis to see if they can fulfill it.

Sometimes, yes, after 30 days, we can't find a seller at your price. But unlike Priceline, you don't have to change your bid to re-submit; you can incrementally increase it, either after it expires, or even during that initial 30 days. (And you can submit a bid for less than 30 days, of course.)

This is why we encourage people to bid on items with no matching listings - even if something isn't on the site now, if you have a good bid, we'll do our best to try to find a willing seller. Rather than just settling for what sellers have available, we can start with what buyers actually *want* and then find a seller.

But, we do something Priceline doesn't - we tell you what other people have been able to win at. So rather than going on some forum and trying to find out what a good bid is, we show it to you right there. The reason we do this is to set a "market price" that gives both buyers and sellers some certainty to the value of the product.

Right now, bidding on Dawdle is set up to be like buying a stock with a limit price. You'll never pay more than your limit price. (Our limit prices always include S&H, so there are no surprises, as well.) That means you may not win at all. We may consider just letting people buy at the "market price", which would be the lowest seller matching price. (Who's willing to sell that Complete copy of Phantom Hourglass for the cheapest?) Would that be something you would be interested in?

(Edited for clarity - it's late and that's pretty long.)

[quote name='Apossum']well, it is cheaper than amazon, but I agree. For about half that, I might try throwing a few things out there. on the other hand, between ebay and amazon, that's a hard sell.[/quote]

Well, Amazon's not really just 15% - they also charge per-transaction fees. It usually comes out to be around 19-21%, from what we've seen.

As for eBay, we have no listing fees and we guarantee that you'll get paid (because we handle the credit card transactions, which increases our costs). The listing fees can really eat you up, too, especially on low-priced stuff. And don't forget about PayPal fees, too. Lots of people like to pay with credit cards, even through PayPal, to protect themselves. That's another 5% fee to you. eBay's standard 5.25% + 5% for that, plus listing fees, plus the Gallery fees, plus plus plus... can really eat you up.

And it's easier to list stuff on Dawdle than any other site; you can even do it in bulk using UPCs - http://www.dawdle.com/cart.php . No need to manage pictures or descriptions; we don't use terms like Excellent or Good, we use terms like Complete, or Game And Manual, so you don't have to select "Good" then type it out for every single game you're listing. (And we support selected first party systems and accessories, too.)

[quote name='Supernova']Yay! Spam![/quote] lulz

another thing im worried about is this site could be flooded with GBA/NDS bootleg carts. since you cant see a picture of the actual product, whats stopping people from selling bootleg cartridges. im sure the problem also applies the same with amazon but what can you do to prevent it.

also, at the very bottom where the listings are there should be some sort of comment area where the sellers provide a more detailed description of the item being sold. who knows, maybe a disc only copy was a former rental and it works for a bit and then freezes.

[quote name='phear3d']lulz

another thing im worried about is this site could be flooded with GBA/NDS bootleg carts. since you cant see a picture of the actual product, whats stopping people from selling bootleg cartridges. im sure the problem also applies the same with amazon but what can you do to prevent it.

also, at the very bottom where the listings are there should be some sort of comment area where the sellers provide a more detailed description of the item being sold. who knows, maybe a disc only copy was a former rental and it works for a bit and then freezes.[/quote]

Every confirmation e-mail has the seller's contact information in it to make it as easy as possible to report issues. If you can't work something out with a seller, let us know - we'll make it right by you.

[quote name='dawdledotcom']There's a way to do this. Now, I can't tell you what it is, cause our store partners wouldn't be too happy, but I will answer questions with :hot: and :cold:. :) (What can I say, I like games. Marco? Polo!)

Let me give you a little bit about our philosophy on this - Dawdle's probably the most similar to Priceline, in that you name your own price and we try to find a seller for you at that price. The big difference is that with Priceline, you generally get a hotel room that's within some nebulous area (Times Square) as opposed to a particular hotel (W Times Square). With us, you get exactly what you want - a copy of Phantom Hourglass, used, but complete with box and manual - rather than used, but in "good" condition. If we had total price transparency, we wouldn't be able to get all of the inventory that we do have, because people don't want to compete with themselves.

We take your bid and do three things with it -

1. we check it against anything that's listed on the site at that moment and keep checking it against listings that come in for the period of your bid;
2. we publish it for everyone to see under Most Recent Bids to notify potential sellers that someone wants it; and
3. we send it to our store partners on a delayed basis to see if they can fulfill it.

Sometimes, yes, after 30 days, we can't find a seller at your price. But unlike Priceline, you don't have to change your bid to re-submit; you can incrementally increase it, either after it expires, or even during that initial 30 days. (And you can submit a bid for less than 30 days, of course.)

This is why we encourage people to bid on items with no matching listings - even if something isn't on the site now, if you have a good bid, we'll do our best to try to find a willing seller. Rather than just settling for what sellers have available, we can start with what buyers actually *want* and then find a seller.

But, we do something Priceline doesn't - we tell you what other people have been able to win at. So rather than going on some forum and trying to find out what a good bid is, we show it to you right there. The reason we do this is to set a "market price" that gives both buyers and sellers some certainty to the value of the product.

Right now, bidding on Dawdle is set up to be like buying a stock with a limit price. You'll never pay more than your limit price. (Our limit prices always include S&H, so there are no surprises, as well.) That means you may not win at all. We may consider just letting people buy at the "market price", which would be the lowest seller matching price. (Who's willing to sell that Complete copy of Phantom Hourglass for the cheapest?) Would that be something you would be interested in?

(Edited for clarity - it's late and that's pretty long.)[/quote]

but, this still says that if say someone sets no buyout price on something, you may end up waiting 30 days to come up with nothing, I mean, why should people buy from here over eBay/Amazon/Other sites? It seems like its just a pain in the ass for buyers more than anything.

[quote name='georox']but, this still says that if say someone sets no buyout price on something, you may end up waiting 30 days to come up with nothing, I mean, why should people buy from here over eBay/Amazon/Other sites? It seems like its just a pain in the ass for buyers more than anything.[/quote]

Because you can find deals like a new copy of God of War II for $23.00, all in, shipped to your door. :lol:

Seriously, though, you can always set a bid and cancel it if you're sick of waiting. Unlike eBay, your bids aren't binding and can always be retracted up until the moment we find a match for you.

bread's done
Back