Yeah Right

[quote name='addicted2games']only takes money orders, prices too low and on shipping he's taking a loss. Sounds and smells like a SCAM! Caveot emptor![/QUOTE]

S/he does take Bidpay - and that does offer some protection since you can pay with your cc. The only catch is there's a 2.95 fee....WHO bought SC:CT?

[quote name='joshingit']S/he does take Bidpay - and that does offer some protection since you can pay with your cc. The only catch is there's a 2.95 fee....WHO bought SC:CT?[/QUOTE]

it seems like a lot of hi/ers stuff is selling :shock:

[quote name='joevan07']it seems like a lot of hi/ers stuff is selling :shock:[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying, if someone did buy something from that seller there's a glimmer of hope.... atleast at getting a chargeback if it falls through.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Here's to all hell not breaking loose.

*holds up "I WANT TO BELIEVE" poster*[/QUOTE]

If you did take a chance at least you have their address/phone # to give em a good 'ole beat down. ;)

I didn't take a chance. I'm waiting to see what goes on from those who already have. If this is a scam, I have a bat if someone wants to borrow it... ;)

0 feedback ... and he doesn't accept any other payment other than Money Order or Bidpay.

I never even heard of Bidpay. Anybody has any good experience with Bidpay? For some reason, Paypal always gave me a sense of comfort. If he had accepted Paypal, I might have bought one. But Bidpay? I'm just gonna wait for the feedback to come.

So tempting. Especially with Samurai Western at 15.99.

[quote name='wubb']I doubt eBay will take any action on that. After all it is possible he's selling legit games for crackhead prices, however unlikely it seems.[/QUOTE]

Well, some of the older game prices seems "reasonable".

Like Suikoden II for 42.99 (although Suikoden is going for 18.99 and no purchases has been made)

Can't explain Nocturne and Shin megumi going less than 20...

Man if he's legit ....

[quote name='Kyo']Well, some of the older game prices seems "reasonable".

Like Suikoden II for 42.99 (although Suikoden is going for 18.99 and no purchases has been made)

Can't explain Nocturne and Shin megumi going less than 20...

Man if he's legit ....[/QUOTE]

He just happens to have most of the rare and new games and many used copys. :roll:

He has used copys of games that are not even out yet Arc The Lad: End of Darkness, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Medal of Honor: European Assault, Batman Begins, Samurai Western...

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS fucking SCAMMER!!!

Patience, we must have.

If all this is just an elaborate scam, then an ass-kicking, this guy shall get.

/I want to believe
//because dammit, I want Nocturne!

S/he is full of shit.

It looks like they're just going and listing random rare and upcoming games. And they're claiming that they're all complete...that's kind of one of the big giveaways there.

Just look at the listings. NO ONE has 11 complete copies of Chrono Trigger. No one.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']S/he is full of shit.

It looks like they're just going and listing random rare and upcoming games. And they're claiming that they're all complete...that's kind of one of the big giveaways there.

Just look at the listings. NO ONE has 11 complete copies of Chrono Trigger. No one.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I reported the first 90-something auctions, now the rest of you need to report the rest. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']Alright, I reported the first 90-something auctions, now the rest of you need to report the rest. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Forget that, I took care of it on my own. Thanks for helping. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']Forget that, I took care of it on my own. Thanks for helping. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Haha, I submitted on Suidoken II and just said he appeared to have a very large quantity of "rare" merchandise he was selling far below what it normall fetches.

[quote name='joevan07']Haha, I submitted on Suidoken II and just said he appeared to have a very large quantity of "rare" merchandise he was selling far below what it normall fetches.[/QUOTE]

I reported them as either counterfeit items or unauthorized copies.

Dirt-cheap Chrono made my bullshit detector go off. Prayers go out to all who bought something from this person; maybe they'll shed some light on the subject.

Note: I have no intention of buying from this seller.

That said, I sent him a message for fun asking three simple questions. In typical scammer fashion, he only answered one of them and ignored the others.

I sent:

Three questions:
- Do your games include original case and instructions?
- In the item description it lists shipping as $1.99, yet the shipping price shown by eBay varies from $1.99 to $3.99. Please explain your shipping charges.
- Any chance you could provide pictures of the actual games instead of stock photos?
Thanks

and they replied (from [email protected]):

Hello,
Yes, all our games (unless otherwise specified in the description) come complete with case, disc, and instructions.
All games are like-new retail copies.
Thanks!
-Joe

[quote name='javeryh']$20 for RE4 used? I'm so tempted but this guy has 0 feedback. It is an eBay store though so maybe he is just getting started...[/QUOTE]

Ebay stores are some of the nastiest (think Yahoo stores/Amazon Marketplace).

[quote name='thetshell']That said, I sent him a message for fun asking three simple questions. In typical scammer fashion, he only answered one of them and ignored the others.

[/snip][/QUOTE]
At least you got a reply. He never replied to my question about how he is selling used copies of games that aren't out yet.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']At least you got a reply. He never replied to my question about how he is selling used copies of games that aren't out yet.[/QUOTE]

If he's able to bring back used copies of games that haven't come out, selling time travel technology might be a bit more lucrative that this fucked-up scam.

[quote name='thetshell']

and they replied (from [email protected]):

Hello,
Yes, all our games (unless otherwise specified in the description) come complete with case, disc, and instructions.
All games are like-new retail copies.
Thanks!
-Joe [/QUOTE]

just want to point out - no relation ;)

[quote name='Beana Blasta']wow, i wonder what happened[/QUOTE]

You replied after clicking a link without reading the replies in the thread, it seems.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']He's also been NARU'd.[/QUOTE]

I guess my submissions to Ebay had them look into the matter a little further.

Good riddance to that piece of trash.

[quote name='Graystone']SCAM and probably bootlegs.[/QUOTE]
I doubt the games, or bootlegs thereof, ever even existed. I'm thinking he was looking to take a few payments and run.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']This is great news. If I actually knew you, Shrike, I'd give you a hug.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Clear the way for honest sellers.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think I wasn't the only person who reported that, since there's no way anyone BS detector wouldn't go off with that. If I was, then at least someone did it.

Hopefully, this jackass was caught before anyone lost their money. Which makes me think, if this person completed a sale to someone and then their auctions were removed and them de-listed, what happens to the people that sent in money? Just like we've heard before, deal with the post office & BidPay?

[quote name='shrike4242']Hopefully, this jackass was caught before anyone lost their money. Which makes me think, if this person completed a sale to someone and then their auctions were removed and them de-listed, what happens to the people that sent in money? Just like we've heard before, deal with the post office & BidPay?[/QUOTE]

Yep, eBay doesn't handle any part of the transaction except being the 'location' so anyone that has already paid is more than likely SOL unless they want to pursue legal action.

I'm actually pretty surprised eBay removed those listings as everything except the games that aren't out yet could have technically been legit. Since he was NARU'd it's maybe possible they looked and discovered a previous scammer that used his same address or phone number (so they assumed it's the same guy and shut him down.)

[quote name='wubb']Yep, eBay doesn't handle any part of the transaction except being the 'location' so anyone that has already paid is more than likely SOL unless they want to pursue legal action.

I'm actually pretty surprised eBay removed those listings as everything except the games that aren't out yet could have technically been legit. Since he was NARU'd it's maybe possible they looked and discovered a previous scammer that used his same address or phone number (so they assumed it's the same guy and shut him down.)[/QUOTE]

Next time, I'll just start my post out with "So, wubb, what happens when......" :D

All I did was put in my submissions for them to take a look at them. Whatever happened beyond that was eBay's call. Then again, if you're a scammer, why would you use the same address and phone #? Isn't that really stupid? :dunce:

bread's done
Back