Yellow tint on 24" LED IPS display.

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
I recently bought a Dell U2412M and I did a dead pixel test to see if there were any dead pixels. On a completely white background, I noticed yellowing that started towards the center and got progressively worse as it reached the lower right hand corner of the screen. I noticed this is a common problem on LED displays.

Is there any way to fix this? Is it worth the hassle of getting a replacement or is there a high probability I'll get another yellow tinted display?

While I don't know about getting a display w/ no yellow, getting a replacement from Dell should involve very little hassle. They should ship you a new display in advance so you won't have to go without a display for a period of time. I got a replacement for my U 2312HM to fix a buzzing problem and the process was quite smooth.

check the cable. if you are using a vga or dvi cable the screen can turn yellow if the cable is only partially plugged in.

I recently got the U2312HM (23" version of that 24" you have) and it most certainly doesn't have that issue. I'd replace it if I were you.

check the cable. if you are using a vga or dvi cable the screen can turn yellow if the cable is only partially plugged in.

[quote name='n25philly']check the cable. if you are using a vga or dvi cable the screen can turn yellow if the cable is only partially plugged in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='frahx']check the cable. if you are using a vga or dvi cable the screen can turn yellow if the cable is only partially plugged in.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh...

I don't know about your specific monitor, but I do know that tinting issues were extremely common with the Dell U2410 (the monitor I'm using). I would suggest getting a replacement, Dell has pretty good customer support. Quality control issues like that tend to happen.. nothing you can do about it aside from getting a replacement. You'll probably get a refurb though, if it's not in the return period (30 days from invoice date if you bought it directly from Dell). I think all the monitors you'll get in exchange outside of the return period will be refurbs, so keep that in mind.

My U2410 was perfect until about a year of owning it.. it managed to develop image retention so I'll probably have to exchange mine eventually. Really sucks when an LCD monitor develops image retention, it was the LAST thing I'd ever expect to happen with my monitor.

[quote name='n25philly']Anyone else here an echo?[/QUOTE]
I don't know if he/she/it is just doing it to get their post count up or what... did the same thing to one of Megazell's posts in the Half Life cd key thread.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I don't know if he/she/it is just doing it to get their post count up or what... did the same thing to one of Megazell's posts in the Half Life cd key thread.[/QUOTE]

All their posts and threads have been deleted, so I'm guessing they're gone.

bread's done
Back