Yellow-tinted touch screen

PrarieD0G

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
So does anyone else's touch screen on their DS Lite have a slight yellow tint to it? Mine does. In fact, I've returned my DS multiple (around 6) times in an attempt to get one that wasn't "defective." After talking with multiple people on various forums, I've found out that manufacturers have started used a new material for the touch screens that is supposed to be more durable; however, this material also gives the touch screen a slight yellow tint (most noticeable on a white screen), especially when viewing it at certain angles.

As for me, I've learned to just live with it. It's really not that big of a deal and doesn't take away from the playing experience.

I think my DS Lite's touch screen is a little yellow if you look at it at an off angle. It goes away if you look straight on, so it doesn't really bug me.

Wow, I got enough shit at Wal-Mart for bringing back a red-ringed 360 once, I can't imagine bringing a system back 6 times.

I don't play my DS often, but it's an older Lite anyway so I should be good.

i have the new ds lite that came bundled with brain age 2 and id read in a thread somewhere about the yellowing on the screen. truth be told id have never noticed it if i hadnt read about it and even now i have to look hard to notice it . i think like someone posted it depends on the angle you use it at unless maybe something where you live could be making the problem worse.

Well,

I have a perfect DS Lite, it does not have yellow screens, the 2 screens are the same color, and no dead pixels. Problem is it started doing weird things, so I sent it into Nintendo for repair, we will see what I get back in return (it was mainly acting up in sleep mode, and I love to use sleep mode, its the best part of the DS!). The rep was really helpful on the phone and she left a note saying that I wanted to keep the same system so hopefully I will get a fixed system back and not a replacement.

I have seen some really bad photos of yellow screens, I mean where the screens were pee yellow, both of them, and they were not photoshopped either. I also heard somewhere that the yellowing of the screen is the degrading of the LCD or the backlight, but I am not sure what the truth really is on that.

Mine is a US launch Lite(got day after release), and it had a slight yellow tint. My bro bought a black Lite around the time Pearl came out, and his is much more yellower than mine, though his touch screen looks sharper than mines. No dead pixels on either.

I have a slight yellow tint on my touch screen, but it's hardly noticeable and it doesn't bother me at all whenver I do notice it. As long as it doesn't affect my gameplay or is something that really stands out (like a dead pixel), then I don't really consider it a problem. I just recently got a crack on my hinge, but it doesn't affect the system at all so I don't mind (honestly, as much as I play my DS, and with how rough I've been with it sometimes, I'm surprised it took this long for me to get one).

[quote name='TimPV3']Wow, I got enough shit at Wal-Mart for bringing back a red-ringed 360 once, I can't imagine bringing a system back 6 times.

I don't play my DS often, but it's an older Lite anyway so I should be good.[/quote]
Hehe, actually I got mine from Target, and it was pretty painless most of the time. I actually sent it in to Nintendo once, and the one they sent me wouldn't even power on after being fully charged, so I said screw that, and just kept returning it to Target in hopes of getting a one that wasn't "defective." It was pretty damn frustrating, to say the least.

[quote name='"Rockgamer"']

I have a slight yellow tint on my touch screen, but it's hardly noticeable and it doesn't bother me at all whenver I do notice it. As long as it doesn't affect my gameplay or is something that really stands out (like a dead pixel), then I don't really consider it a problem. I just recently got a crack on my hinge, but it doesn't affect the system at all so I don't mind (honestly, as much as I play my DS, and with how rough I've been with it sometimes, I'm surprised it took this long for me to get one).[/quote]
Heh, that's how I feel too-- at least now that I've realized that it's just how it is supposed to be made.

The only good thing about having to return my DS so many times is that I ended up being able to get a Crimson/Onyx DS (my current one). Red is my favorite color, and I like that the back is different (matte finish instead of gloss). So I guess it turned out for the best in the end.

I've been noticing my yellowish touch-screen almost every day that I play Brain Age 2. It's been like that from day 1, (black DSLite, bought in January/February 2007), but it's not really noticeable until a game slams you with so much white on both screens.

No dead pixels, no problems. I'm happy knowing I have a more durable/reliable touch screen if it means adding a yellowish hue to my whites.

I have a pink DS Lite I purchased a month ago, and I began to notice the yellowish tint while playing parts of Gyakuten Saiban 3. It really isn't a big deal, but like Kerig said, I think you really only notice it lots when your DS screens are molested with white, such as is in the case of the Brain Age games.

I had an import white Lite that had a cracked hinge and all, but the touch screen definitely didn't have this yellowish tint. It's not a big deal, especially knowing that all the Lites are made like that these days.

bread's done
Back