Yes, It Was An Aprils Fool Joke - No, You Aren't A Stolen Goods Trading Suspect

This is hands down the best April Fools joke I have ever witnessed.

I was so scared. I have never traded items on CAG before and seriously thought my account was hacked. It was not until my brother pointed out that the date had switched to April 1st that it all made sense. I went from being the most scared about something on the internet I had ever been to feeling like a dumbass all in the matter of like 2 mins.

The best part about it is when you click the comments button and it tells you that you do not have permission to access the forum. I was like "OMFG I'm banned" and 112 people are talking shit about me :(.

Well played sirs, well played!

The initial shock did indeed get me. Definitely one of the better April Fools I've seen, as this one was personalized to your username.

[quote name='Danimal']Don't feel too badly about it. I'm sure Cheapy scared the crap out of more than a few CAGs with this one. I knew it was an April Fools thing right away, but I still feel a little stupid because my first reaction to seeing it was "Hey, that's cool. Out of all the possible CAGs to use in his front-page April Fools joke, Cheapy went with me." Felt like Star of the Day for a few seconds until it occurred to me that, no, every CAG is seeing their own name. :oops:[/QUOTE]

Same here, I thought "holy crap they picked me!!!"

I'm not gonna lie, I just about shit myself when I saw the front page thinking its real. LOL. this is going to be a fun day

Lol yeah it was pretty obvious. The moment I read "has been an outstanding member to the community" I was like, what I am not even that popular! Hahaha, nonetheless very good! APRIL FOOOOOLS

Same, I was wondering what had happened as I really don't trade or sell anything. I think I have only one transaction and was wondering where this started. I then tried to click the comments section and didn't have access, went to my subscriptions and everything was fine. Then I realized the day it was. Gotta say he got me.

I raised an eyebrow and giggled when I saw the front page, but I was laughing my ass off at everyone else's reactions! It's just too funny, how badly he got so many of you. This is gonna be a fun day.

[quote name='TheJerseyKush']i almost had a freakin heart attack, i swear i fucking hate CAG right now, i was like WTF, god damn you cheapy[/QUOTE]

I nearly shit myself, then I realized I am not popular enough to make it on the homepage and that quickly lead me to the fact that it's April Fools Day. I think I would have fallen for it, except for the fact that me selling stolen goods is not going to get me a post on the homepage.

Awww shit, my logic teacher is going to have a field day with April Fools Day being today. My heart did skip a beat when I saw the post on the homepage, but I quickly realized that I am not popular enough to warrant a homepage post.

I about freaked out when I saw it. The whole not being able to leave a comment thing was a nice touch also. This one was very well thought out.

Awesome gag this year. The best yet. I definitely had a split second WTF moment, even though I was actually thinking about what to pull at work while I was surfing the site. Kudos.

[quote name='JDUB X']This is hands down the best April Fools joke I have ever witnessed.

I was so scared. I have never traded items on CAG before and seriously thought my account was hacked. It was not until my brother pointed out that the date had switched to April 1st that it all made sense. I went from being the most scared about something on the internet I had ever been to feeling like a dumbass all in the matter of like 2 mins.

The best part about it is when you click the comments button and it tells you that you do not have permission to access the forum. I was like "OMFG I'm banned" and 112 people are talking shit about me :(.

Well played sirs, well played![/QUOTE]

Before I realized what happened I clicked that 112 also and when the message popped up I was like awww shit son, Cheapy banned me! How am I going to tell my side of the story. But then, like I said in two other threads, I realized that even if I did sell stolen goods I am not popular enough to make it on the homepage. I then remember today was April First, what sucks is I have my logic class in 30 minutes and so I can tell my Professor is already planning to prank us.

[quote name='solud_snake']F@#*!!!!! I sent cheapy a long apology and thought my account was hacked![/QUOTE] I sent an email too lmao. This was a really good prank. The disabling of the comments was a nice touch.

Hahaha nice one! I was hoping to see some funny April Fools stuff this morning and CAG did not disappoint! Props to SP_John for his creativity!

That was a great April Fools Joke Cheapy.....I admit, my heart skipped a beat when I saw it.....I've been suckered twice today....Forgot what day it was....

Nicely done. Even though i havn't sold anything. Thought my user might have been hacked or something.

I've been called many things in my life, but I am not a thief. So guess how surprised I am this morning when I see my screen name on the front page of CAG? Very! I never once stole anything from anyone (virginity not included) and if I did would never sell it on this site. Why would I try to sell perfectly good stolen merchandise to a bunch of cheap asses? It's all about maximizing your profits baby.

I am sure this has been fabricated by CheapyD out of pure spite. He still cannot get over that one night his wife and I shared a moment. And by moment I mean fuckfuckin thefuckfuckthree Mexicansfuckfuckfuckup in the tree. He said he forgave me and then this is what he does. Very mature. I mean look at his kid, he looks nothing like him. He actually has hair.

p.s. Has everyone seen this smiley? :robot:

the only thing i worry it about is if google archives the site, and we all have bad things associated with our names elsewhere. I use my account name at a lot of places. but man at first I was like, someone stole my account!

That's so funny... It caught me off guard because last week, as I was getting rid of the Nerf bundles to GS, one of the managers (bitch) actually called Best Buy and told them that I had been trading the same game in for weeks, I was wearing a Best Buy polo and I was bragging about stealing games from them. Then she gave them all my info from my Edge account. So the manager at BB calls and says that he wants me to come in for an extra shift and my wife tells him that I definitely do not work at Best Buy. He tells her that he's called in the fraud team. LOL - two idiot managers trying to play amateur detective. I reamed him a new one when I called and then it took me a couple of hours on the phone with GS corporate to straighten the rest out. Needless to say, she got her ass chewed hard - by my wife, by me and then by her other area managers (who all know me and my stories) and the District Manager.

So then I log in and see that article and I'm like "WTF????" That's some great programming. Thanks for the laugh, guys!

My heart sank for all of 20 seconds, even after I realized what day it is and that I've never even discusses trading on here. Damn you, Cheapy!! :D

Awesome prank. :lol:
My heartrate tripled when I saw my name up there.

I knew it was April Fools Day. I had just pulled a prank on my Mom that had her laughing, just a few minutes before. And bang, I fall prey to a great prank.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I usually hate gaming sites' April fool's jokes, but I gotta hand it to CAG on this one - well done sirs, well done.

I'm just wondering how many people are not going to get it and just flood CAG with complaints/emails :)

lol yeah good one I was about to sign up for another account to see what the comments were about until I really figured it out

DAMN YOU CAG!! It got me for like 5 seconds, especially since it was on the main page and had over 100 comments. Quickly realized it was April 1st. DAMN YOU!!! *jejejejeje*

bread's done
Back