Yes, It Was An Aprils Fool Joke - No, You Aren't A Stolen Goods Trading Suspect

I'll admit that for about 10 seconds I stopped breathing when I saw my username on the front page, but I wised up quick enough to not create a thread about it. :)

Great joke!

I opened up CAG and saw my username and instantly thought: "Awesome, did I win one of those GS giftcards!!" Then I started reading and had a good laugh.

Hmmm...maybe I should take away the permissions error page and link to here when people click through to the comments. It will cut down on all the individual "I'm accused of stealing" threads.

One of the first times a website has actually tricked me on April Fool's. At least for a few seconds. I like the comment block that's on it too. Very creative.

[quote name='CheapyD']Hmmm...maybe I should take away the permissions error page and link to here when people click through to the comments. It will cut down on all the individual "I'm accused of stealing" threads.[/QUOTE]

that would be a good idea

I love Cheapy D in a non-gay way and can be convinced in a gay-gay way for 6 bucks. Wombat has to watch in the corner though.

I would of been more surprised but I loaded up CAG from a school computer so I wasn't logged in and saw no message there. Then I logged in and saw it there but good april fools nonetheless.

lol, i was wtfing at how i was selling stolen goods when i don't sell anything here.

Good one CAG. ;)

Well played.

Yeah, that was the best joke I've seen this year. I was just on destructoid beforehand, looking at all the lame obvious jokes. Then I jumped over here, ready for a joke, and still got a rush of fear and adrenaline when I saw the story. Nicely done!

I am guessing it's a April's Fool joke because I have never sold anything through CAG, Ebay, Gamestop, or even Amazon in the past year.

I actually shit a brick considering I won that contest a couple weeks ago. I instantly thought I was being investigated for cheating or something then I actually read the post.

Whoo. Scary.

lol wow that sucked for a couple seconds. Better than Cheapy's one wayyyyyy back in like 2004 when he had a fake forum open that was supposed to be Admin's only discussing banning memebers. Anyone remember that April 1st one?

That was mother effin' good. I was scared to death for about 7 seconds, even though I have been pranked several times today already.

lmao. this one was awesome. i was about to click 'log out'. now imma go check other sites and see whats up. Have a good day everyone.

[quote name='Tavohl']lmao. this one was awesome. i was about to click 'log out'. now imma go check other sites and see whats up. Have a good day everyone.[/QUOTE]
Check out FunnyorDie, it's pretty good.

I guess that's what I get for being a jackass the other day when I grabbed 4 Left 4 Dead 2 copies at gamestop.com for 17 bucks and I was making fun of users that didn't get any.

Lol, had my heart racing for several seconds there. Great prank. Funny thing is, I had just lurked Slashdot and witnessed their five weak April Fools articles and then I opened CAG and it was like, "WTF is this?? Oh...wait. Damn it." Haha.

Well played CheapyD. I freaked out for 1.7 seconds and realized I never traded on CAG so this was an obvious joke!

bread's done
Back