Yesasia Shipping

spzero

CAGiversary!
I ordered the Korean version of Despicable Me and the Infernal Affairs trilogy from yesasia a little over a month ago and I received the shipped notice on Feb 11. It's now a month later and I'm still waiting for the package to arrive.

Is this the norm for packages from yesasia or should I be worried of the length of time it's taking to get those packages over here?

[quote name='maigoyume']Could just be stuck in customs, perhaps try contacting them and see if there is a customs # you can get.[/QUOTE]

Contacting customs or yesasia? Sorry, international shipping is kinda new to me.

Yesasia packages rarely get stuck in customs if it's through their free standard shipping option. I've lost a package from them before and I waited about 2 months since shipment before contacting them, just in-case they tell me to wait a bit longer and if it really did get stuck in customs (you won't be able to get any customs info on it if it's through free shipping since there's no tracking).

They should have no problem shipping it out to you again if you tell them the situation of your order.

When a package is sent from the US to Canada a customs # is provided. If you can get that number you can contact customs Canada to check if they are currently processing that package. AFAIK items sent across the border must have a customs #, otherwise they wont' send it. The # doesn't track the package, all it does is tell you whether or not it has entered customs, that is all.

Though them being such a large company, the rules may be different.

I've emailed Yesasia about the situation and this is what they said...

Thank you for your purchase with YesAsia.com!

The shipment was dispatched from Hong Kong warehouse on Feb 15. Estimated delivery time is within 6 to 14 business days (excluding weekends) from the shipment date by standard shipping method.

Possible delay may be caused due to customs clearance or postal issues and we apologize that your order may have experienced such delay.

If by March 15 this is still undelivered, please inform us immediately for further checking. We would not allow our customers to bear the loss and a reshipment will be created further.

Once again, thank you very much for your continued support with YesAsia.com.

So I guess I'm waiting two more days...

I thought Yesasia had items shipped to their warehouse here, and then re-shipped from within Canada? At least that's what they did several years ago.

I ordered Catherine for PS3 a while ago and it supposedly shipped on February 18. I still haven't received anything, though... I'm going to wait until Friday and ask them what's up. Good to know they are keen to offer a reshipment.

Just got a reply from them after telling them that the 15th had passed and still no package and they have reshipped my order. Hopefully I don't have to wait another month...

EDIT:

Somehow I knew this would happen. After getting the reply that the package will be reshipped, I get an email from my brother saying that the package had arrived... Now what to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maigoyume']I recall my stuff shipped from their warehouse in the US, but that was years ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they eventually moved their warehouse to Canada and then now it's directly from HK.

And spzero, it's up to you if you want to be honest about it and contact them again. I would imagine they'd just tell you to keep it, unless you want to send it back to them on your expense.

bread's done
Back