Yet another ADV sale

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Umm..what do you mean exactly by "one big alpha-pak case"? Is it the type of case that the Dai Gard Complete Collection came in? If so than I'm cool with it. I just don't really like thin packs/sleeves. And thanks for all the info so far man.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same as Dai-Guard's Perfect Collection (with less discs though obviously), unless they changed it as it's been a while since I saw one in any stores...but I really doubt that, otherwise releasing the thinpak edition was kinda pointless then.

Well placed my order on the 30th and still have not received it. They have the nerve to charge 6 bucks shipping for this crap. When they probably shipped it media mail if they even have yet.

[quote name='Drahken']Well placed my order on the 30th and still have not received it. They have the nerve to charge 6 bucks shipping for this crap. When they probably shipped it media mail if they even have yet.[/QUOTE]

just got mine yesterday. with ADV sales, it's best just to forget you ordered and then have a pleasant surprise waiting for you one day.

and you should only order from ADV when you've got a large list, otherwise it isnt cost effective. but, when they sell things like the complete Nadesico collection for ten bucks, they can charge me whatever the hell they want for shipping, wouldnt you think?

[quote name='Leggo']just got mine yesterday. with ADV sales, it's best just to forget you ordered and then have a pleasant surprise waiting for you one day.

QUOTE]

That's how I view it, especially with no way of checking your order status on-line. I don't think they even send out an email acknowledging when they ship your order.

got mine last week, they drilled trough the cases (which sucks for reversable covers), but on 1 of them (full metal panic) they clipped the disc....making it useless. i've contacted them by phone, since they never reply to my e-mails, and are supposed to send me a new copy, but haven't heard anything since.

Just got my order today, Had the usual Drill hole but for the price it's a miner thing. They didn't ship it till the 16th though.

I just got my stuff today. About four of them had holes, but the other six didn't. RahXephon box had a hole...

I was hoping they screw up my shit like they did with crowbb and I would be able to get stuff for free. ;)

What's up with the holes? This is the first time I've ordered from ADV, and it's a little weird that my stuff was drilled.

I think it's to make it so people don't order them then try to re-sell them or something, but there's really nothing to stop people from just sticking a new barcode on it or just putting a price sticker on the front.

[quote name='Blade']What's up with the holes? This is the first time I've ordered from ADV, and it's a little weird that my stuff was drilled.[/QUOTE]

Its so you cant return them to a retail store for full price.

[quote name='Drahken']I think it's to make it so people don't order them then try to re-sell them or something, but there's really nothing to stop people from just sticking a new barcode on it or just putting a price sticker on the front.[/QUOTE]

It's actually so retailers cant buy them at a below wholesale rate from ADV and then turn around and return it to them through retail channels as unsold stock and get refunds. Especially when most of these sales are due to retailers returning more unsold stock than ADV knows what to do with.

For example, if retail prices for a standard DVD volume of a random anime series cost retail stores 12 dollars, and they sell it for $30, they would normally make $18 profit, and ADV would make those $12, minus expenses.

If that particular dishonest retailer decided to take advantage of these sales and buy that same DVD volume for 6$ (without drill holes), they could:

1) Sell the retail-bought stock for $30 (ADV gets $12)

2) Buy ADV sale items for below wholesale based on what was sold. (ADV gets $6)

3) Return the ADV sale items as "unsold retail stock", meaning they'd get their 12 bucks back. (ADV loses $12)

Essentially, unscrupulous retailers could make extra money on the side by taking advantage of sales meant to clear inventory. the drill holes mark it as a product that has been sold directly from them at an obscene discount.

This was an individual example, but you could imagine how bad it could be for business when you've got ADV selling Nadesico complete sets for 10 bucks during sales, and then buyers who deal in bulk.

Anyway, long story short, drill holes = cheap anime. I remember when I was younger, my local comic shop would sell comics that were normally 1.50-4.95 for 10 cents, just to clear out space. the only thing was we had to deal with markers crossing through the UPC. same thing. If you don't like it, dont buy it.

That makes sense, but I could still sell them on ebay. They basically drilled holes in my stuff for nothing. ;)

I'm keeping these, but on the next sale I could ebay them and make a profit.

bread's done
Back