Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

This seems like a good place:
Are people who are pricing their old-ass, terrible games at $20 a piece really having success?
Just about every third CL posting I come across is selling "new/sealed" games that I see on Newegg or BestBuy for $10 and lower ... then they have them on CL for the insane prices; are people really too stupid to know better? We're talking crap titles like All-Pro Football or Sega Superstars Tennis.

I've only made the mistake once about posting something for more than it cost new. Apparently Amazon and Newegg started carrying Verbatim DVD+R DLs for cheaper than Supermediastore since I last checked.

[quote name='BigTex1979']This seems like a good place:
Are people who are pricing their old-ass, terrible games at $20 a piece really having success?
Just about every third CL posting I come across is selling "new/sealed" games that I see on Newegg or BestBuy for $10 and lower ... then they have them on CL for the insane prices; are people really too stupid to know better? We're talking crap titles like All-Pro Football or Sega Superstars Tennis.[/QUOTE]

Don't you go talking shit about All-Pro Football. That game, while not very deep, brought me back to the glory days on the NFL2K series.

[quote name='SEH']Don't you go talking shit about All-Pro Football. That game, while not very deep, brought me back to the glory days on the NFL2K series.[/QUOTE]
Madden is king ... always was, always will be! Haha.
My point was ... the game can be had NEW for < $10 in quite a few places ... and I frequently see it listed on CL for $20, or in a "lot" with other similarly priced games for astronomical prices.
I don't see a lot of re-lists (not obvious ones, anyway) and wonder if these people are having success ripping off the clueless.

I hardly ever buy ANYthing anymore without scouring the Internet to check prices/reviews, etc.

Went fishing on this one:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/wan/1636173546.html
snes games - $20 (santa ana)

Date: 2010-03-09, 11:34AM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Im looking to buy the good ole snes games like contra 3, super ghoulsnghousts,battletoads,earthworm jim,xmen,spiderman,donkey kong country 1 and 2,mikeys magical quest,joe and mac, super mario rpg, earthbound, megaman games, any fun two player games. Just email me an offer please no crazy deals like 10 dollars for a jepoardy game

-------------------------------------

So I emailed the guy:

"Hey I've got Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, and Megaman X1, X2, and X3. How much you offer for those?"

His response:

"how does 1hundred dollars sound"

[quote name='karkyco']Went fishing on this one:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/wan/1636173546.html
snes games - $20 (santa ana)

Date: 2010-03-09, 11:34AM PST

Im looking to buy the good ole snes games like contra 3, super ghoulsnghousts,battletoads,earthworm jim,xmen,spiderman,donkey kong country 1 and 2,mikeys magical quest,joe and mac, super mario rpg, earthbound, megaman games, any fun two player games. Just email me an offer please no crazy deals like 10 dollars for a jepoardy game

-------------------------------------

So I emailed the guy:

"Hey I've got Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, and Megaman X1, X2, and X3. How much you offer for those?"

His response:

"how does 1hundred dollars sound"[/QUOTE]

While that's nowhere near close, at least he didn't try to weasel you with the "Those are pretty easy to find, I will give you 15 bucks for all of them"

Two bad PS2 bundles today:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1635843817.html
PS2 SLIM, 2 CONTROLLER, 2 8MB MEMORY CARD, 8 GAMES, PS2 HD CABLE - $200 (SAN DIEGO. 92105)

Date: 2010-03-09, 8:47AM PST

THE PS2 IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION NOTHING WRONG. AS YOU CAN SEE IN THIS PICTURE IS COMPLETE

GAMES:
1.-TONY HAWK'S (PROJECT 8)
2.-MLB 07 THE SHOW
3.-SOCOM II (US NAVY SEALE)
4.- EXTREME LEGENDS
5.-MADDEN NFL 08
6.-GRAND THEFT AUTO II
7.-GRAN THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS
8.-GRAN TURISMO 4

COME AND SEE IT.

(619) 254-9685. RAMON
And...
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1636199040.html
PS2 (Thick) + lots of games and accesories - $230 (Mira mesa )

Date: 2010-03-09, 12:36PM PST

I have the original PS2 thick with games and accesories. I will sell package for $230 I have 2 controllers and dual memory card for it.

Tekken tag
Final fantasy X
Final fantasy X-2
Metal gear solid 2 sons of liberity
Grand theft auto vice city
GTA 3 .

Tigger woods pga 06
Madden 2004
Super bust a move 2
Nhl 2002
Smuggler's run.
Madden 06
Manhunt
Tigger woods pga 06
Brothers in arms earned in blood

edit: AND ANOTHER!
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1636804011.html
Playstation 2 - $100 (San Ysidro)

Date: 2010-03-09, 6:07PM PST

Hardly Used, it still has the sticker for protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW

http://poconos.craigslist.org/vgm/1636397925.html

I am selling a good conditon nintendo 64 w/ 13 games and 2 remote controls asking 300 OBO *CASH ONLY and you pick it up I also have a super nintendo w/ 13 games and 2 remote controlls in great condition and ready to be hooked up to your television to have some old school gameing fun 300 OBO this is cash ONLY and you pick up as well if intrested in purchasing both i will sell both for 700 OBO and that is also cash only email me @ [email protected]

[quote name='lude21']WOW

http://poconos.craigslist.org/vgm/1636397925.html

I am selling a good conditon nintendo 64 w/ 13 games and 2 remote controls asking 300 OBO *CASH ONLY and you pick it up I also have a super nintendo w/ 13 games and 2 remote controlls in great condition and ready to be hooked up to your television to have some old school gameing fun 300 OBO this is cash ONLY and you pick up as well if intrested in purchasing both i will sell both for 700 OBO and that is also cash only email me @ [email protected][/QUOTE]

$300(N64) + $300(SNES) = $700 bundle?

Who are these people?

[quote name='Dendaman']$300(N64) + $300(SNES) = $700 bundle?

Who are these people?[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, maybe it's 13 copies of Earthbound.

It's more than MSRP because it smells new!

http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/1639757321.html
BRAND NEW WII CONSOLE. JUST BOUGHT 3 WEEKS AGO. PLAYED IT 2 TIMES. HONESTLY I JUST DONT HAVE THE TIME TO USE IT. BOUGHT IT OUT OF IMPULSE. SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY, NO SCAMMERS. I WILL INCLUDE A BUNCH OF STUFF. EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW STILL HAVE THE BOXES AND EVERYTHING, SMELLS BRAND NEW.

IT INCLUDES FOR $440

WII Console W/ 1 remote control & 1 classic remote control & Wii sports (the game)

Wii fit plus & Balance Board

Super Mario Bros. (the new one)

Wii Sport Resort w/ Motion Plus

2 gigabyte memory stick

2 remote control charger & rechargeable battery packs

Would you people list a game as "new/never played," if all you did was take it out of the shrink wrap, put it in your computer to make an ISO out of it, and put it back in its case?

[quote name='lmz00']Would you people list a game as "new/never played," if all you did was take it out of the shrink wrap, put it in your computer to make an ISO out of it, and put it back in its case?[/QUOTE]

No... and that's not really legal to play once you sell the physical copy, afaik.

This one's got to be a joke:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1641874604.html
Wanted Nintendo Wii System - $50 (Point Loma) Date: 2010-03-12, 10:52PM PST

I want to purchase a Nintendo Wii system. I will pay you $50 for it. If you are interested in becoming super rich this way, let me know. Buy a cardboard box, or something with it.

This one is more... the poster is stupid is he really paid $297 for a PSPGo. I don't even know how, that's like 18.8% sales tax.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1641880250.html
psp go new in the box - $1 (nationalcity) Date: 2010-03-12, 11:05PM PST

psp brand new still in the box only 200.00 ipaid 297.00

http://spokane.craigslist.org/vgm/1640174301.html

Y'know, these thing are really hard to find!

"NINTENDO WII IN BRAND NEW CONDITION. WII COMES IN ORIGINAL BOX WITH ALL HOOK-UPS, SENSOR BAR, WII REMOTE WITH JELLY, NUNCHUK, & WII SPORTS GAME. THIS WII WAS ADULT OWNED AND ONLY PLAYED A FEW TIMES, IT IS IN PERFECT CONDITION WITH NO SCRATCHES OR MARKES OF ANY KIND ON CONSOLE.

ASKING $400 O.B.O

PLEASE E-MAIL IF YOUR INTERESTED"

Oh, I'm interested!!!

EDIT: I emailed him saying:
"Hello
I'm interested in your Wii system, but I can only offer $450. Is this enough? I know they are very hard to find...
I also have a $550 Best Buy gift card to trade, if you're interested. Please write back."

He responded:
"Hello,
I will sell you the system for $400. email me back if your interested."

Wow, he's actually serious. :rofl:

http://reading.craigslist.org/vgm/1641302194.html

ps3 spyder man edition - $275 (lebanon)

for sale is a ps3 spyder man edition. with all the wires and controllers plus fallout 3. Will also sell the system alone. this is a perfect system hardly ever played kids are to small for it. have the box and all plus will throw in hdmi cable with full asking price
Not as bad a deal as the absurd listings here, but how the fuck do you misspell Spider-Man?

I bought this ps3 just 10 hours ago, I paid alot of money for it. I just want my money back. I paid 300 for it but you can have it for 290. Also the controller will cost extra if you want that because I need it. Btw, I am selling final fantasy 13, I paid 60 for it but you can have it for 59. One problem though, my dog chewed the disc up a bit and I ate the manual because I was hungry and bought video games instead of food. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks, Steve

Yes Martha, I would love to buy that 15 year old mattress that your husband impregnated you on, let me know if you'll ship it to nigeria and accept western union or paypal.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 for $15.00 major league baseball 2k8 $15.00 mx vs. atv on the edge $11.00 socom u.s. navy seals fireteam bravo $15.00 nesa rally revo $15.00 nascar $20.00 or $91.00 for all you can get me at 567-215-5757 o and i have a psp av cord for $45 must pick up
Is everyone on Craigslist high?

I got a Wii in excellent condtion it has one remote, one nunchuk, charging station, Hannah Montana game, Spyro, Call of Duty Modern Warefare. also have the extention that goes with the call of duty. do not have pictures of the actual wii it is at my other house. email me at xxxblazin_cashxxx@yahoo.com with your offers. NO LOWBALLLERS! THANKS!

He must be!

http://wichita.craigslist.org/vgm/1643167449.html

PSP Brand New - $100 (Riverside)

I have a brand new PSP version 6.20 with 30 MB memory stick only used it for about 15 minutes out of box. Dont have the box I dont think but maybe if I look harder I can find it. Has everything that it came with plus the memory card. Black in color. Text or call only 316-214-1949

My email to the seller...

I have a simple question that perhaps you can answer. You state that the PSP is brand new, only have being played for 15 minutes out of the box. Yet, the box is not included in the purchase price? Please explain how one can lose the box to a brand new PSP in a matter of a mere 15 minutes.

Patiently awaiting his response.

I just sold my 60 gig ps3 for 310 on craigslist (I was worried about the ylod, and used the money to buy a slim), but I had offers of: $45, $75, and best of all "free" but it will be used to help homeless children (the email was from '[email protected]').

please flag this dbag

sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/vgm/1643848827.html
God Of War 3 Ultimate Edition for Sale!! - $250 (daly city)
Date: 2010-03-14, 12:15PM PDT

I preordered the now rare God of War 3 Ultimate Edition and have payed for it in full so I am guaranteed a copy

You will not find this anywhere on release day. All preorders are sold out everywhere. Gamestop, Amazon, no one has it anymore

It will be brand new and sealed upon purchase and include all original accessories and bonuses

This includes:

God of War 3

High End Sculpted Pandora\\\\\\\'s Box replica

God of War Trilogy Soundtrack

Art Book

and tons of downloadable content like character skins, music, a making-of God of War Documentary and an exclusive Combat Arena

For the right price, i will also include the God of War 3 Ultimate Edition Limited Hardcover Strategy Guide to provide you with a complete walkthrough of the game plus any trophies you are trying to collect. thats $34.99 on its own

im asking $250 or best offer. price is negotiable but dont lowball. highest offer will go home with a brand new GOW3 Ultimate Edition

If youre interested, please email me or feel free to give a call/text at 415-518-3471. thank you

* it\\\\\\\'s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1643848827

[quote name='henrygonzalez']please flag this dbag[/QUOTE]

I would but there's nowhere to report yo.....oh wait, you meant the guy being smart and trying to make money by selling something he got early that NO ONE(except those with places that also broke street date)has as of yet.

I love how people think others are 'd-bags' for trying to sell stuff to actually make money off of Craigslist, as if people are ONLY supposed to sell cheap stuff on there.:roll:

[quote name='henrygonzalez']bc hes a douche trying to upsell gow3[/QUOTE]
Cry moar.:roll: They're actually trying to MAKE money, not lose it like so many who respond on CL expect you to do. If the demand is there, people will pay the price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I would but there's nowhere to report yo.....oh wait, you meant the guy being smart and trying to make money by selling something he got early that NO ONE(except those with places that also broke street date)has as of yet.

I love how people think others are 'd-bags' for trying to sell stuff to actually make money off of Craigslist, as if people are ONLY supposed to sell cheap stuff on there.:roll:

Cry moar.:roll: They're actually trying to MAKE money, not lose it like so many who respond on CL expect you to do. If the demand is there, people will pay the price.[/QUOTE]

thanks for taking the bait. reported to mods as proof of your endless trolling :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I would but there's nowhere to report yo.....oh wait, you meant the guy being smart and trying to make money by selling something he got early that NO ONE(except those with places that also broke street date)has as of yet.

Cry moar.:roll: They're actually trying to MAKE money, not lose it like so many who respond on CL expect you to do. If the demand is there, people will pay the price.[/QUOTE]
Amen. :applause:

[quote name='henrygonzalez']thanks for taking the bait. reported to mods as proof of your endless trolling :)[/QUOTE]

I report people when I lose arguments, too.

He was a previously banned user. Dumbass shouldn't have said about people being banned for less after reporting several posts.

Don't worry IATCG, I'm not too busy today. Relaxing, recovering from a hard night of St. Paddy's celebration. :D

As soon as he brought up the 'price glitch error hoarding' on another thread, I knew it was a formerly banned user who ripped into me and others for taking more than 1-2 games with those coupons at Best Buy.

[quote name='sp00ge']He was a previously banned user. Dumbass shouldn't have said about people being banned for less after reporting several posts.

Don't worry IATCG, I'm not too busy today. Relaxing, recovering from a hard night of St. Paddy's celebration. :D[/QUOTE]

spooge you are also a douche

bread's done
Back