Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Don't you hate it when people have great deals and then they don't put their own email or number then you wait FOREVER then they say they sold it or are like "yeah i still have It" and end the email like that? IT PISSES ME OFF!!!!!

[quote name='shadyfozzie']http://southjersey.craigslist.org/vgm/2390788297.html

Looking for an XBOX 360 Slim 250gb, will trade 1 1/2 year old male ferret. Descented and fixed. Also cage, food, litter, treats, harness and leash, shampoo, water bottles, water additive and cedar bedding shavings.

IS this legal??[/QUOTE]

What really gets me is the pieces of shit that post pets on Craigslist and ask for a "re-homing fee". It's never an exotic pet like a $10,000 parrot or some crazy thing that might make the fee understandable. It's always a mutt or a cat adopted from an animal shelter that some douchebag expects you to pay $100 or more for because two weeks later the realization that they have to care for it all the time is setting in.

O man I hate now that I got the Lunar 1 Box from a Mom and Pop place going out of buisness. Came with all the crap, But the top and bottom parts were cut off! Sad Panda.

Coupon for $100 off a PlayStation 3 - $50 (fairfield / vacaville)

Date: 2011-05-19, 7:22PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Hi, I have a coupon for $100 off a 160 or 320 GB PlayStation 3. I received this coupon through my GameStop PowerUp Rewards card. I am selling it because I just purchased an XBox 360, and have no desire to use the coupon. It is only good until Sunday, June 29th, 2011. I am selling it for $50, OBO.
Serious inquiries only please.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/vgm/2391602779.html

[quote name='steve nash']Coupon for $100 off a PlayStation 3 - $50 (fairfield / vacaville)

Date: 2011-05-19, 7:22PM PDT
Hi, I have a coupon for $100 off a 160 or 320 GB PlayStation 3. I received this coupon through my GameStop PowerUp Rewards card. I am selling it because I just purchased an XBox 360, and have no desire to use the coupon. It is only good until Sunday, June 29th, 2011. I am selling it for $50, OBO.
Serious inquiries only please.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/vgm/2391602779.html[/QUOTE]

How is that stupidity? It's a good deal for someone looking to buy a PS3. Sure, they're paying $50 for the coupon, but that still gets them $50 off the PS3.

Not stupid, but pretty funny.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/zip/2392643956.html

re: bag of dicks (grove city)
Date: 2011-05-20, 1:49PM EDT
size, race, price - are you sure for free? free of "problems", or just free to use at your own discretion?

for pick-up and/or delivery? do I need an appointment?

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2392643956

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/vgm/2392919495.html

GENESIS Mortal Kombat in case with booklet EXCELLENT Condition $50
GENESIS ALLADIN in case with booklet EXCELLENT $50

$80 for both OBO

It's totally worth the money, they're in EXCELLENT condition.

@shadyfozzie: Have you EVER found anything good on the South Jersey craiglist? I'm in Jersey for summer and it seems like all resellers or people assuming they're selling gold. I've only gotten one good deal, a NES w/ 7 boxed mint games for $30....

dasme, I saw one deal for a GBA micro but the guy was firm on $70 w/o box.. I tried talking him down, but to no avail.. I look at all 3 NJ areas, some PA and have found crap

[quote name='Tsel']How is that stupidity? It's a good deal for someone looking to buy a PS3. Sure, they're paying $50 for the coupon, but that still gets them $50 off the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Are you Stupid:?: Anyone who has a Power up dard can get that. You could go to gamestop pay $15 or Nothing to get a card and then get the coupon.

No offence.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Are you Stupid:?: Anyone who has a Power up dard can get that. You could go to gamestop pay $15 or Nothing to get a card and then get the coupon.

No offence.[/QUOTE]

Really? I have a PUCard and I don't have that coupon.

It's not given to everyone.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Are you Stupid:?: Anyone who has a Power up dard can get that. You could go to gamestop pay $15 or Nothing to get a card and then get the coupon.

No offence.[/QUOTE]

Umm, no. You have to buy the coupon with your reward points.

No offense.

[quote name='Tsel']Umm, no. You have to buy the coupon with your reward points.

No offense.[/QUOTE]

That's strange. It was given to me for free without using any of my points. Same with my buddy Mikey. Also got one from my second account without any points too.

No offense.

[quote name='elessar123']Really? I have a PUCard and I don't have that coupon.

It's not given to everyone.[/QUOTE]

Well, just in case

Go to https://www.poweruprewards.com/
Sign in with your account
Hover over the "My Account" tab and click "Offer Details"
Select the offer that says, "$100 Off A 160 or 320 GB Playstation 3"
Click the button that says "Download" and you'll have a PDF* of the coupon.
Print out said coupon, or go to a store with a smart phone and view it from there, or ask an employee to use one of theirs/their store account to login to your account and retrieve said coupon.
????
Profit

*You'll need this program to view it
http://get.adobe.com/reader/

No offence.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']Umm, no. You have to buy the coupon with your reward points.

No offense.[/QUOTE]

It was just randomly given out to some members only. Not everyone could get it. No points were necessary to buy it.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Most everyone could get it. Besides who would pay for a coupon when they could buy a new 'Unopened' one of CL for even cheaper than that?[/QUOTE]

Oh do tell. How do "most" people get it? Not everyone got the coupon. I didn't. They're also tied to your PUR card, so you can't just find it online and print one out.

How do you know most people did not get it? So if they are tied then you can't sell them am I correct?

EDIT: I am now realizing how much of an ass I am acting like but I SHALL DEFEND WHAT I SAY

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']How do you know most people did not get it? So if they are tied then you can't sell them am I correct?

EDIT: I am now realizing how much of an ass I am acting like but I SHALL DEFEND WHAT I SAY[/QUOTE]

The thread on the deal forums that was 90% composed of people begging because they didn't get one?

The multiple posts of people reporting that GameStop support and employees said the coupon was only sent out to random members who for the most part had no PS3 items or purchases on their PUR card?

The fact that people who said they had one to give away were getting so many request PMs that some posters started doing contests on the Free Stuff forum?

The dozens of people in the contest threads trying to get one?

The posts where people reported that when they used the coupon the GameStop employees practically high fived them because not that many people were lucky enough to get one?

Did you actually read the post on the deals forum?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/vgm/2396892533.html

Looking for free xbox 360 stuff (Hickory Hills)
Date: 2011-05-22, 9:18PM CDT

Whats up. Im looking for free stuff for xbox 360. I am looking for mostly a hardrive(any size, slim or regular), games, controllers, and anything else. So if you have anything for xbox 360, please email me. You have to either drop it off or ship it. I have no transportation. So please email me with any questions. Thank you very much.

• it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2396892533

"I want burned copies of PS1, PS2, and other games...I don't know how to make burnt copies can someone help me?!?"

Ad 1

Ad 2

"I am looking to get some backup copies for my original playstation 1 games. I like keeping my game collection in good condition, and prefer to play burned/backup copies of my original games. does anyone know how to make backups for playstation 1 games? I am looking to get backups for these 10 games. I had a friend who backed up some games for me in the past, but I added a few new games to my collection of games and need my original copies backed up, so I don't have to risk damaging/scratching the original copies disc's. please contact me at fanuvlakers at hotmail dot com or by phone 714 925-85fourfour . These are the games I need backed up:

I am interested in buying a Sony Playstation 2 Slim or Fat Model Console that is Modded to Play Backup Games. I have a sony playstation 2 collection of original video games, but I would like to get a modded console with backups of all my games, so I can keep the games I have in good condition and not risk scratching my original disc's. I am looking for someone that has a console as well as knows how to burn/backup games for me (from my collection). Please email me at fanuvlakers at hotmail dot com or call at 714 925-85fourfour. below is a list of 50 games I have that I want backup copies of:

Great price for a Dreamcast with the hottest games...whoops, except they're all burned copies. More illegal shennanegans from OC's finest...

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/vgm/2398764113.html

Looking to sell my Sega Dreamcast Console. Console is used, but was tested/played and is in perfect fully functional condition. comes complete with the cables, cords and controllers. Looking to sell for $30 dollars. please call/ email if interested 714 925-8544 or fanuvlakers at hotmail dot com . Great deal comes with 12 of the best games ever made on the Sega Dreamcast which are shown below:
Bust a Move 4
Capcom vs SNK 2
Gauntlet Legends
Guilty Gear X
King of Fighters 99
King of Fighters 2000
King of Fighters 2002
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Power Stone 2
Street Fighter Double Impact
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

Please note that none of these games are originals they are backups and come with disc only. ever game has been played/tested and works perfectly. Since these games are backups I am including them for free. :roll:

Super Nintendo Super Mario RPG - $60 (Chula Vista)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/vgm/2399248175.html

This is a game for the Super Nintendo that almost every RPG fan wants, it's very RARE and in great condition. It's only the game cartridge no box and no booklet, but you can't find it anywhere and when you do it goes in to the $100.00 range to buy.

lol you can get this for under $30 easily on Ebay.

Old Game Systems For Sale (Port Orchard)

Here is my list of systems.

Sega Master System (GREAT CONDITION) 150$
Zillion 2
Golden Axe(Still in Box Manual)
1 Controller
ALL CORDS

Super Nintendo (Yellowed At The Bottom)150$
2 Controllers
Quick Shot Joystick Set Up
Super Mario World
Family Feud
NBA Live 95
Ken Griffey Jr Winning Run
Toy Story
NFL QB Club
Pro Quaterback

NES (Good Condition) 120$
3 Controllers
Tetris
Legacy Of The Wizard

PS1 60$
No Controllers
All Cables
Chrono Cross

2 Nintendo 64's (The busted 1P slot N64 50$)
(The Good Condition N64 100$)
2 see thru purple controllers
1 Grey controllers
The 3 controllers work like new!
Super Mario 64
Mario Party 2
Golden Eye
Pokemon Stadium
Star Wars Shadow Empire

So heres the deal, one of the Nintendo 64's has a chunk missing out of the 1P controller slot, but still plays great!

Also here is the deal about the Nintendo systems, i have a universal AV cable for all the nintendo systems but i only have 1 AV cord for all of them.

THE PRICES ARE FIRM, Dont waste mine or your time tryin to HAGGLE with me because its not gonna work, i am in NO rush to get rid of these, They all work great like new.
Call or Text XXXXXXXX TEXT WORKS BEST
MIGHT accept trades juss tell me what ya got.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='pollmonster']http://york.craigslist.org/vgm/2371826218.html

Arcade machines - $1800 (York, pa)

I have 3 arcade machines (x-men, supper pac, police trainer) each one is in mint or near mint condition. Looking to get 1800.00 for each email me if interested.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

For a second there, I was thinking "hmmm, $1800 for the three...I might actually consider paying $500-$600 for a mint X-Men 3 or 4 player - even though I'd rather just build a deluxe MAME arcade cab"...but EACH?!? Re-fucking-diculous.

RARE GAMES FOR SALE/FOR COLLECTORS - $40 (ORANGE/SANTA ANA)

Date: 2011-05-24, 8:25PM PDT

HERE ARE SOME GAMES IM UNLOADING IF I GET THE RIGHT PRICE. THESE ARE HARD TO COME BY IN WORKING SHAPE LET ALONE THE GOOD SHAPE I HAVE THEM IN. THESE ARE FOR THE COLLECTORS WHO HAVE TO HAVE THE ORIGINALS LIKE ME. I GOT DOUBLES AND THESE ARE THE ONES I PLAYED. NEED ROOM SO THEY GOTTA GO. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT MY CELL TOO 310-367-7295. TEXT ONLY PLEASE.

FINAL FANTASY 8 $40.00

FINAL FANTASY 9 $40.00

FINAL FANTASY 7 (GOOD )$80.00

FINAL FANTASY ANTHOLOGY (FINAL FANTASY 5 + FINAL FANTASY 6) $40.00

FINAL FANTASY (A BIT BEAT UP) $40.00

METAL GEAR SOLID $35.00

XENOGEARS $ 80.00

FINAL FANTASY CHRONICLES (FINAL FANTASY 4 + CHRONO TRIGGER) GREATEST HITS PERFECT CONDITION!! $30.00

MEGAMAN LEGENDS 1 $40.00

MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 $60.00

GRANDIA 2 FOR DREAMCAST $ 30.00

DRAGON QUEST 8 $30.00

SWORD OF THE BERSERK FOR DREAMCAST $15.00

BRAVE FENCER MUSASHI $40.00

VAGRANT STORY $40.00

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS $20.00

FINAL FANTASY 12 COLLECTORS EDITION $20.00

SKIES OF ARCADIA FOR GAMECUBE $20.00

GRANDIA 2 FOR PS2 $20.00

GRANDIA 3 FOR PS2 $20.00

ZONE OF THE ENDERS $20.00

ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2ND RUNNER $40.00

LEGEND OF ZELDA TWILIGHT PTINCESS FOR THE WII $10.00

ALL ARE GUARANTEED TO WORK AND YOU CAN TEST THEM IF YOU NEED TO EXCEPT THE TWILIGHT PRINCESS BECAUSE I SOLD THE WII ALREADY LOL

THESE ARE PRETTY REASONABLE BUT BEFORE YOU MAKE ME AN OFFER WITH PRICES FROM EBAY PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THATS EBAY AND THOSE GAMES ARE BEAT TO CRAP AND USUALLY YOUR JUST BUYING THE DISC WITH NO CASE OR BOOKLET AT BEST.

What a freakn' ripped off.

[quote name='postaboy']What a freakn' ripped off.[/QUOTE]

Postaboy, you beat me to it! I was going to post that ad...couldn't believe the prices and the last line especially:

:roll::roll::roll:
THESE ARE PRETTY REASONABLE BUT BEFORE YOU MAKE ME AN OFFER WITH PRICES FROM EBAY PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THATS EBAY AND THOSE GAMES ARE BEAT TO CRAP AND USUALLY YOUR JUST BUYING THE DISC WITH NO CASE OR BOOKLET AT BEST.
:roll::roll::roll:

He left his number in the ad asking for texts, BTW :D;)

How about "YOUR PRICES ARE INSANE LAY OFF THE CRACKPIPE"

douchebags selling target coupons
Target $100 Gift Card with Purchase PS3 Bundle. - $40 (san jose north)

Date: 2011-05-25, 2:38PM PDT

I have a Target coupon (printed directly from the Target store) to get $100 gift card with the purcahse of a PS3 bundle in store. Expiration June 18th, 2011

For a better deal, you may combine this coupon with the current $60 GC promotion in store. Or you can wait and use it next week for the ops bundle.

Call/Text
408-644-1678

I can meet in San Jose/Milpitas

Target 100$ off PS3 bundle coupon. May be combined with 60$ GC promo - $35 (sunnyvale)

Date: 2011-05-25, 8:51AM PDT
I have one 100$ off PS3 bundle coupon from target with expiry date June 18th. I already have a PS3 and dont need one. This coupon may be combined with current 60$ GC promo from Target to get 160$ off PS3 retails value. I am asking only 35$ for this coupon.

3n63o43lc5O15Y65W0b5p2ab8aba9f8c51138.jpg

PostingID: 2401841496

$100 Gift Card with Purchase PS3 Bundle Target Coupon - $40 (alameda)

Date: 2011-05-25, 11:26AM PDT
I have one coupon to get a $100 gift card when you buy a PS3 bundle coupon from target with an expiration date of June 16th.

. This coupon may be combined with the current $60 GC promo from Target to get 160$ off PS3 retails value or next week when the ops bundle comes out.

This is a coupon that was given out at Target when I bought something else earlier this week (they are not giving them out anymore). It is a color coupon with a bar code like a normal coupon, I am not posting a picture so people don't print it out and try to use it.

$40

PostingID: 2402227228

Target 100$ Giftcard with PS3 purchase coupon - $40 (sunnyvale)

Date: 2011-05-25, 3:19PM PDT
This is for a genuine target coupon.

Target is selling the a PS3 system with a $60 gift card, by using this when purchasing a 160GB PS3 at Target this week, will get you two Target gift cards not just one. One gift card will be valued at $60, and the other for $100, essentially making the PS3 system only $140!

This is no longer available from target and is valid till June 18th.

PostingID: 2402738822

[quote name='elessar123']Everything there is literally like 2x market price. Except Skies of Arcadia.[/QUOTE]

Pair that one with TWILIGHT "PTINCESS" and break out the chisel :cool:

Hey guys, I have a question regarding craigslist. I don't know if I should bother creating a new topic, so I went here instead. Hopefully I posted at the right place. I posted a new XBOX for sale at craigslist. I have someone who said he'll pay me 30 dollars more than what I'm asking for if I can send it internationally because he said it's a gift. He offered 100 for shipping. Then he asked if we can do the transaction over PayPal. I like using PayPal, but this seems like a red flag scam to me. Never used craigslist before, but you guys are pros. I thought I'd ask for your opinions.

[quote name='ceve2001']Hey guys, I have a question regarding craigslist. I don't know if I should bother creating a new topic, so I went here instead. Hopefully I posted at the right place. I posted a new XBOX for sale at craigslist. I have someone who said he'll pay me 30 dollars more than what I'm asking for if I can send it internationally because he said it's a gift. He offered 100 for shipping. Then he asked if we can do the transaction over PayPal. I like using PayPal, but this seems like a red flag scam to me. Never used craigslist before, but you guys are pros. I thought I'd ask for your opinions.[/QUOTE]

This happens all the time. ALL THE TIME. Do not do anything overseas with craigslist.

[quote name='ceve2001']Hey guys, I have a question regarding craigslist. I don't know if I should bother creating a new topic, so I went here instead. Hopefully I posted at the right place. I posted a new XBOX for sale at craigslist. I have someone who said he'll pay me 30 dollars more than what I'm asking for if I can send it internationally because he said it's a gift. He offered 100 for shipping. Then he asked if we can do the transaction over PayPal. I like using PayPal, but this seems like a red flag scam to me. Never used craigslist before, but you guys are pros. I thought I'd ask for your opinions.[/QUOTE]

110% scam. Only deal locally on craigslist

The paypal account is likely a hacked account and when it's recovered by the owner paypal will take the money away.

[quote name='dmdragon']110% scam. Only deal locally on craigslist

The paypal account is likely a hacked account and when it's recovered by the owner paypal will take the money away.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys! I will definitely avoid this person.

[quote name='ceve2001']Thanks guys! I will definitely avoid this person.[/QUOTE]
Like the other 2 mentioned, DON'T do Overseas, or Paypal with Craigslist.

Only deal locally and if you do, be careful and meet somewhere public with alot of people. You don't want to let them know where you live, or see what you have..

Best of luck to ya.

bread's done
Back