Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='neverletthem']Found another:
Game Boy Color with light and 2 games! - $110

http://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/549591222.html

Oh god, you have to be kidding me. A GBC with 2 games for $110? Damn, then i wonder how much my GB will sell for. I could make good money :).[/quote]

Market Value is a foreign concept to these people. I can only imagine what stupidity would ensue should they try to sell a home.:roll:

[quote name='edavis0780']Market Value is a foreign concept to these people. I can only imagine what stupidity would ensue should they try to sell a home.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I come across these people on Craigslist quite a bit. The email messages usually degenerate to the ultimate defense of, "But I spent $$ on it, and I've put in at least $$ overall..." I hate that.

[quote name='camoor']So I can drive out, pay you $10 for the PS1, drive to Gamestop, possibly get $10 - and hopefully end up even minus the price of gas and time I spent doing all this? DEAL DONE

Too funny, thx for the laugh redfusion[/quote]

Actually, someone like me would pay $10 for the PSX, fix it, and sell it for more (unless it was severely broken or something).

[quote name='rmb']so which Cag posted this ad?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wan/554053454.html

I suppose he will give you 20 bucks for each game![/quote]

Yes officer, some vile thief snuck into my home last night and took both of my Picasso's, a Rembrandt, and two Monets from my personal gallery!

-When you say gallery, are you talking about that hole in the wall in your kitchen?

It's a gallery!

-So you're saying that some deadbeat crackwhore in the middle of Tuscaloosa had five extremely expensive paintings hanging in your roach infested kitchen?

Yes!

There's some guy in Oklahoma with a similar type of list. Only difference is he actually put what he's willing to pay for all of the rare PS1 & SNES RPGs...no more than $15-$20 for each of 'em. I've thought about e-mailing him saying that I have some of them for sale just to mess with his head.

The funny part is the list used to be alot longer - in the previous list the guy tried to hide what he was doing by also including many of the more common games (notice he still says "sorry for the long list" when the list is actually quite short) - he had also said he'd be willing to pay $10 to $20 apiece

I bet he started getting ALOT of offers for the crappy games, so he dropped his "clever" ruse and left the post up for the real rubes. Still - all in all what a jackass.

OK, long story short, I posted an ad on my local CL, asking for someone to sell me a PS3(60gb) for $250 or less. I figured maybe I could run into a disgruntled loved one of a gamer(gf/bf/mom/dad/whoever), who is annoyed by the lack of attention they get compared with the PS3.

I know, long shot, right? Well, I get an email yesterday from someone claiming to have a PS3(a 60gb no less). I get all excited, then I get home this morning and read their return email to my response.

They're in NJ, I'm in PA and it's a BRAND NEW SYSTEM. I'm like 'wow, I've hit the CL jackpot'(not really). So, I ask them where in NJ they are, since I want to see and test and verify that this thing IS a true 60gb PS3.

I don't expect a response AT ALL. Now, if I were a rube, this scammer would've had me asking where to Paypal the money to and they'd ship me a box with rocks in it or nothing at all.

I can't wait to see what they say if they DO respond and I ask them when they're going to be around MY way, since I have NO intentions on going to Jersey for a PS3, no matter if it's legit or not(and in this case, I think we all know it's NOT).

I saw a similar ad a few months ago, only the story was that his nephew (can't remember the exact age, was probably between 10-12) was just getting into retro gaming and those were the games he wanted to get him for his birthday. Somehow I can't imagine some 10 year old saying "fuck a 360, this year I want a sealed Chrono Trigger!"

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wan/586161423.html

"Email me what you got

Im looking for these Super Nintendo games..

-- Super Weekend Competition
--Donkey Kong Country Competition
--Earth Bound
--Castlevania Dracula X
--Harvest Moon
--Chrono Trigger (Most Wanted by me)
--Mega Man X3
--Super Mario RPG

Other Games im looking for

-Nintendo World Championship
-Nintendo Powerfest 94
-Nintendo Campus Challange
-Air Raid
-Blockbuster World Video Game Championships II"

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK, long story short, I posted an ad on my local CL, asking for someone to sell me a PS3(60gb) for $250 or less. I figured maybe I could run into a disgruntled loved one of a gamer(gf/bf/mom/dad/whoever), who is annoyed by the lack of attention they get compared with the PS3.

I know, long shot, right? Well, I get an email yesterday from someone claiming to have a PS3(a 60gb no less). I get all excited, then I get home this morning and read their return email to my response.

They're in NJ, I'm in PA and it's a BRAND NEW SYSTEM. I'm like 'wow, I've hit the CL jackpot'(not really). So, I ask them where in NJ they are, since I want to see and test and verify that this thing IS a true 60gb PS3.

I don't expect a response AT ALL. Now, if I were a rube, this scammer would've had me asking where to Paypal the money to and they'd ship me a box with rocks in it or nothing at all.

I can't wait to see what they say if they DO respond and I ask them when they're going to be around MY way, since I have NO intentions on going to Jersey for a PS3, no matter if it's legit or not(and in this case, I think we all know it's NOT).[/quote]

You do realize you're the type of person we're talking about in this thread, right? Just checking...

[quote name='djkunai']http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wan/586161423.html

"Email me what you got

--Earth Bound
--Castlevania Dracula X
--Harvest Moon
--Mega Man X3
--Super Mario RPG

-Nintendo Powerfest 94
-Air Raid
-Blockbuster World Video Game Championships II"[/quote]

I E-Mailed this dude and told him I have Super Mario RPG with the Manual, he offered me $5 for it, I told him that i paid $20 for it and won't take less than that. When he hits me back ill tell him that I had the Blockbuster game but traded it for Madden.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I E-Mailed this dude and told him I have Super Mario RPG with the Manual, he offered me $5 for it, I told him that i paid $20 for it and won't take less than that. When he hits me back ill tell him that I had the Blockbuster game but traded it for Madden.[/quote]
:rofl:

[quote name='Sinnbox']oh my this guy has a sega genius!!! http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/586598544.html[/quote]

sega genuis - $75

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-02-25, 5:22PM EST

i have a sega genses for sale. 3 controllers,joy stick and gun ,all
cords. and over 45 games. it is in working order. im wanting 75.00 obo
for this. my kids just dont play it

there are tons of games so i will not be able to list all of them

there is a bunch of sonic and sports games
also raceing...

let me know first come first serve thanks 260-444-3675

At least this guy's consistent...consistently sucking at the english language.

[quote name='camoor']You do realize you're the type of person we're talking about in this thread, right? Just checking...[/quote]

Actually, I have found people before selling stuff for cheap, but usually only to anger their significant other(like this woman selling her bf's PS2, 40 games, 5 controllers, a multitap and 3 memory cards for $100 a while back).

Unfortunately, I had other more pressing financial concerns at that point and couldn't scrape up the hundred smackers again until she already SOLD IT.

So, believe me, there ARE people out there willing to sell stuff cheap, I've found a few but usually been a day late and a dollar short.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I have found people before selling stuff for cheap, but usually only to anger their significant other(like this woman selling her bf's PS2, 40 games, 5 controllers, a multitap and 3 memory cards for $100 a while back).

Unfortunately, I had other more pressing financial concerns at that point and couldn't scrape up the hundred smackers again until she already SOLD IT.

So, believe me, there ARE people out there willing to sell stuff cheap, I've found a few but usually been a day late and a dollar short.[/quote]

Yea, it happens, but hese type of deals are like finding money on the ground. You'll never find these sort of deals looking for them.

True, but I can dream, can't I? Hell, from the yard sale thread alone, I see tons of great deals that people seem to get EVERY week, so why not try to see if I can get one for myself.

Of course, everyone to reply thus far has been a scammer or otherwise flaky, but I'm sure I'll find someone who isn't at SOME point.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I E-Mailed this dude and told him I have Super Mario RPG with the Manual, he offered me $5 for it, I told him that i paid $20 for it and won't take less than that. When he hits me back ill tell him that I had the Blockbuster game but traded it for Madden.[/quote]

Brilliant. Dude, keep us updated - this is great.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']Yea, it happens, but hese type of deals are like finding money on the ground. You'll never find these sort of deals looking for them.[/quote]

For real. If someone is lazy enough that they can't even be bothered to check the price of a PS3, why are they going to spend time looking for a cheapass buyer?

[quote name='camoor']For real. If someone is lazy enough that they can't even be bothered to check the price of a PS3, why are they going to spend time looking for a cheapass buyer?[/quote]

I've found deals like this before, albeit from a retail store, but it's still possible.

Unfortunately, the only store close to my house that still had a 60 gb PS3 seems to have sold it, so I'm SOL on that front and besides which I don't wanna pay full retail if I don't have to.

I missed out on the PS2 deal locally, but in the event someone is looking for a way to 'get back' at someone by selling their PS3, I intend on being RIGHT THERE.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've found deals like this before, albeit from a retail store, but it's still possible.

Unfortunately, the only store close to my house that still had a 60 gb PS3 seems to have sold it, so I'm SOL on that front and besides which I don't wanna pay full retail if I don't have to.

I missed out on the PS2 deal locally, but in the event someone is looking for a way to 'get back' at someone by selling their PS3, I intend on being RIGHT THERE.[/quote]

Not quite a getback, but someone desperate for cash (I think).

http://richmond.craigslist.org/ele/593417965.html

I bought it. While clearly used, it works perfectly. :D

[quote name='Sinnbox']I E-Mailed this dude and told him I have Super Mario RPG with the Manual, he offered me $5 for it, I told him that i paid $20 for it and won't take less than that. When he hits me back ill tell him that I had the Blockbuster game but traded it for Madden.[/QUOTE]

I told him I had a DKC Comp cartridge.

He just offered me 30-40. XD

Can someone email that guy with this:

"Hi I saw yur posting and I hav those games (Well some not All)

--Starfox Super Weekend Competition (no box or papers)
--Donkey Kong Country Competition (no box or papers)
--Earth Bound (it has a RELALY big box)
--Castlevania Dracula X (small box and papers)
--Harvest Moon (no box or papers)
--Chrono Trigger (Most Wanted by me) (this one isn't open)
--Mega Man X3 (i don't have thsi)
--Super Mario RPG (i dont have this either)"

I really want to see what he lowballs.

Okay, I emailed the guy asking for the SNES games and this is how it went.

[quote name='Me']I have these games:

--Earth Bound (mint)
--Castlevania Dracula X (mint)
--Harvest Moon (mint)
--Chrono Trigger (mint)
--Mega Man X3(mint)
--Super Mario RPG (factory sealed)[/quote]
[quote name='Craigslist guy']How much did you want for all of them ?[/quote]
[quote name='Me']Oh, I wasn't planning on selling them. I just wanted to let you know what I have.[/quote]

[quote name='Craigslist']
XBox 360 HD-DVD add-on drive - $100

Xbox 360 hd-dvd player. perfect condition, and works great. i don't use it much anymore. these things usually go around $180-$200 in the stores. buy mine and save.[/QUOTE]

You have to love scamming people.

FTW

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/zip/594335046.html

free little brother.
i swear to God, you want him, hes yours.
come pick him up, ill give you his cage and everything.
nearly potty trained, talks back, snotty, spoiled.
owner may need counseling.
-tasha

011613010408010309200803035fb2a394baed0d220900e006.jpg

[quote name='Dezlen']Not quite a getback, but someone desperate for cash (I think).

http://richmond.craigslist.org/ele/593417965.html

I bought it. While clearly used, it works perfectly. :D[/quote]

Damn....and here the only person to reply to my ad asking for a PS3 was someone 100 miles from me, who immediately backed off once I said I wanted to test the system but didn't feel comfortable driving that far to do so.

[quote name='djkunai']Okay, I emailed the guy asking for the SNES games and this is how it went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I have these games:

--Earth Bound (mint)
--Castlevania Dracula X (mint)
--Harvest Moon (mint)
--Chrono Trigger (mint)
--Mega Man X3(mint)
--Super Mario RPG (factory sealed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist guy
How much did you want for all of them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Oh, I wasn't planning on selling them. I just wanted to let you know what I have.

[/quote]

Brilliant. :applause:

Here is how it went for me

Hi, I saw your add on Craigs List, I have Super Mario RPG, and it's manual, how much is it worth?

how about like 5-10 bucks

sorry, i can't go that low on it, I paid $20 for it afew years back.

So 20 a few years back means it should be 20 now ?

do you enjoy taking advantage of people? They sell these for $60 localy, and that is with no manual.

Me: (crappy spelling intentional) i got a copy of (1)earthbund, (2)harvest moon, (3)chorno tigger, and (4)super mario rgp
i foudn them in a box at a yard sale
how much can you give me for them

Craigslist Guy: Ill give you 35 for the 3 if they work

Not only is the guy a sleazebag, but he's not very good at basic math.;)

[quote name='djkunai']http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wan/586161423.html

"Email me what you got

--Earth Bound
--Castlevania Dracula X
--Harvest Moon
--Mega Man X3
--Super Mario RPG

-Nintendo Powerfest 94
-Air Raid
-Blockbuster World Video Game Championships II"[/quote]

HAHAHA, at least he doesn't try to lowball directly in the ad and asks for prices, and NO, before anyone asks, THIS IS NOT MY AD. There is this one notorious lowballer/reseller on the LA CL site named Kenji though, who puts wanted ads for NES, SNES, hell every system, asking for lists of what you have, then tries to lowball since he resells on ebay.

Hmmm, I think I should respond to this guy and tell him I have most of those and see what he wants to give me.

bread's done
Back