Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='jakedub317']http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/vgm/2989773842.html

32x for genesis - $150 (Connersville, IN)
Date: 2012-05-01, 11:30AM EDT
Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

Like new in box with everything that should be there. Asking $100 or best offer. If interested please call[/QUOTE]

I dont think thats too out of line. There have been a couple on ebay that have sold for $100+ including shipping.

mKvfd.png

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I dont think thats too out of line. There have been a couple on ebay that have sold for $100+ including shipping.[/QUOTE]

saw one at a flea market for $0.50. So i shoulda grabbed that piece of shit?

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/vgm/2966427453.html

Xbox lot of 42 games!!! Rare! - $600 (Noblesville )
Date: 2012-04-29, 11:01PM EDT

Great titles!!!!

(End of Ad.)

So I'm tempted to f*** with this guy, maybe send him an email and say somethin like "wow what a great valuable collection u have there, is it still available?" of course he will say yes, considering no one in their right mind would pay near $600 for it. I will then proceed to make him an offer of $20, and post his reaction here for you all to enjoy. sound like fun?

There's no need to fuck with these people, man. Posting these here is enough. There's no reason for them not to post their stuff. It may be priced incredibly high, but if they think they can get those prices.. well, power to them. They're just misinformed most of the time. Hell, if they're lucky some other person will actually buy the stuff at those prices.

Also, the only reason that 32X you posted would go for $100 is because it is CIB. If you found a 32X at a flea market that looks as good as the one that guy has, then yeah, you should have grabbed it for $.50 . That guy is at least sensible enough to ask for offers as well, instead of $100 firm.

Yeah, seems like you're just trying to be a dick now.

You shame me, fellow Indiana person.

So, I'm trying to figure out why this is sitting in the video game section:

http://louisville.craigslist.org/vgm/2991104987.html

Real Steel Ninja Sword!!!!!!!!!! - $90 (taylor blvd/shively (louisville)) Date: 2012-05-01, 10:22PM EDT

I have for sale a FULL tang NINJA SWORD (made with real stainless steel). The sword is sharp with a black-out paint finish. It has serrated edges with teeth like points and a nylon cord wrapped handle for a Superior grip. This sword is made with 100% real steel, which means its sharp and does not break or bend. It was made for exactly what swords was made to do. It will be a great gift to show off in your house or a great tool to use if you are an out doors person. Normally real steel swords sell high but I'm selling this for only 90 O.B.O (or best offer). If interested please contact me via txt or call at 5O2 7I5 538I ask for jeremy or feel free to email me.
Thanks.

some dude has been trying to sell his tattooing services out of his home for like 6 months on my craigslist video game section.

People just post whatever wherever, craigslist doesn't give a fuck.

Has anyone else seen a huge increase in spam ads? like the "$100 gamestop gift card - $50" type bullshit and the "white xbox for $75 neg" ads? I see like, 10-15 of these a day posted all at once. They never get flagged off either. They're scams where they tell you they just sold the item and send you a link to some fake auction or scam site where you can buy your own xbox for $50 or gift card for half price!! WOW

These are what i'm talking about
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgd/2975920910.html

Xbox360 - $80 (Marcus Amphitheater)

Date: 2012-05-01, 8:06PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a Xbox360, still in its box for only $80 neg

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgd/2966630322.html

White Xbox - $90 (/:::= Franklin = =LowMilwaukeeSCAMSITE.com /! ) DONT C

Date: 2012-05-01, 6:52PM CDT

Got a New White Xbox available, still in its box for only $90 negotiable

like, the dumbfucks don't even figure out how to have their spambots not post their shady ass link in the description?

How am I a dick? This guy just flat out lies in his response to me. He's an obvious scammer, he replied to the xbox collection ad with "I'll throw in UFC undisuputed 2009 for ps3 for free. It's $30 at gamestop used, so this is a great deal." this guy isnt an innocent misinformed guy, it's a scammer and a liar. And people get what they deserve for being lazy and not researching their shit regardless. So i have no sympathy for stupidity

So i sent him a response asking if he would like $21 for his collection, $0.50 a game, and $23 if he throws in UFC. Then sent him links to gamestop's website for the "$30 game at gamestop" (it's $2.99 at gamestop)

EDIT: after sending him that email, he changed his price to $350 instead of $600

Last edited by a moderator:
http://boulder.craigslist.org/vgm/2988027559.html
legend of zelda 3DS limited edition - $500 (Boulder )

Date: 2012-04-30, 11:42AM MDT
I am selling a legend of zelda 3ds limited edition. It has been open but has hardly ever been played. it comes with legend of zelda 3d game and I am also selling super mario 3d land for $30 if interested

Please email me if interested or text me at

If I knew the system sold for that much, I would sell mine ASAP and wait for that new purple color...BUT I do not think that is the case.

There's nowhere else to put this, so I'll just state it here -- I love Half.com!!! I've sold several new and used movies and games for way more than you'd get them new at some stores if you took the time to price shop... but because my overprice is the lowest price on Half.com, people seem to think it's a deal! Never mind they also have to pay for shipping.

[quote name='jakedub317']...what's stupid about it?[/QUOTE]

The sad thing about this thread is that not only are a lot of the posts stupid, but at least 50% of the people posting here don't realize what things are worth. They see anything that's $60+ and immediately think it's over priced.

[quote name='frostybroc']Best one I've seen today.
http://baghdad.craigslist.org/vgd/2960754866.html[/QUOTE]

Those ads are posted word for word on every craigslist in every major city in the country. It's obviously scams but I don't know how craigslist with even the most minimal of filtering or observing could not stop them from being posted or ban the spambots that generate those ads.

The "xbox for $75 neg" ads that you are probably seeing shitting up your craigslist are the same people too.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgd/2996700614.html

barbie dolls - $6 (shorewood)

Date: 2012-05-04, 5:49PM CDT

I have three barbie dolls for sale. One is a actress barbie, another is a movie star barbie and the three one is a fashionista swappin styles barbie.

people just post whatever the fuck they want wherever the fuck they want. so stupid.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgd/2979804712.html
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgd/2995272121.html
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgd/2977982044.html

post a phone, post a kindle, post some old tires, they're all videogames, right?

[quote name='jer7583']Those ads are posted word for word on every craigslist in every major city in the country. It's obviously scams but I don't know how craigslist with even the most minimal of filtering or observing could not stop them from being posted or ban the spambots that generate those ads.[/QUOTE]
I don't think the Craigslist folks monitor posts or use filters. I've barely used the site, so I could be wrong, but I think they rely primarily on reports from other users.

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2998765842.html

A little on the high side (I believe the honest price for a CIB of FF2 is more in the 50-60 range but I love how people just cherry pick the hell on ebay. I clicked the link and of course it wasn't even a completed listing. Average price? I don't think people know the meaning of average.

I'm familiar with the seller, he bought a cib copy of Super Mario RPG off me (I wanted a copy in better condition) and then puts it back up on sale the next day for more than double what I sold it to him for. I couldn't do that personally, that's too bold for me lol. If I bought something with the intent to flip, I'll just put it up somewhere else.

Someone was also selling a CIB copy of Mario Paint for 40...I'm interested but how do I talk him down from that price? It's only sells for like 15-20.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2998765842.html

A little on the high side (I believe the honest price for a CIB of FF2 is more in the 50-60 range but I love how people just cherry pick the hell on ebay. I clicked the link and of course it wasn't even a completed listing. Average price? I don't think people know the meaning of average.

I'm familiar with the seller, he bought a cib copy of Super Mario RPG off me (I wanted a copy in better condition) and then puts it back up on sale the next day for more than double what I sold it to him for. I couldn't do that personally, that's too bold for me lol. If I bought something with the intent to flip, I'll just put it up somewhere else.

Someone was also selling a CIB copy of Mario Paint for 40...I'm interested but how do I talk him down from that price? It's only sells for like 15-20.[/QUOTE]

You can find a few recent sold listings on ebay and Buy It Nows around the price you want and send them his way but he'll probably just ignore you and hope someone else who isn't smart wants to buy it for his asking price.

I'd just say "I want to buy this game in that condition. Either ebay gets my money, or you do. Your choice."

Someone was also selling a CIB copy of Mario Paint for 40...I'm interested but how do I talk him down from that price? It's only sells for like 15-20.[/QUOTE]

He's just waiting for someone with money to burn and most likely...doesn't care about haggling with you. Can't blame him. His CL ad isn't stupid, it's opportunistic.

[quote name='jakedub317']http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/vgm/2966427453.html

Xbox lot of 42 games!!! Rare! - $600 (Noblesville )
Date: 2012-04-29, 11:01PM EDT

Great titles!!!!

(End of Ad.)

So I'm tempted to f*** with this guy, maybe send him an email and say somethin like "wow what a great valuable collection u have there, is it still available?" of course he will say yes, considering no one in their right mind would pay near $600 for it. I will then proceed to make him an offer of $20, and post his reaction here for you all to enjoy. sound like fun?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='jakedub317']How am I a dick? This guy just flat out lies in his response to me. He's an obvious scammer, he replied to the xbox collection ad with "I'll throw in UFC undisuputed 2009 for ps3 for free. It's $30 at gamestop used, so this is a great deal." this guy isnt an innocent misinformed guy, it's a scammer and a liar. And people get what they deserve for being lazy and not researching their shit regardless. So i have no sympathy for stupidity

So i sent him a response asking if he would like $21 for his collection, $0.50 a game, and $23 if he throws in UFC. Then sent him links to gamestop's website for the "$30 game at gamestop" (it's $2.99 at gamestop)

EDIT: after sending him that email, he changed his price to $350 instead of $600[/QUOTE]
So you bullied a seller into lowering their price?:applause: You must be proud of yourself. I only wonder what kind of offer you would've thrown my way when I sold my PS2/Xbox collection of 100 or so games on here for $550 or so to a fellow CAG four years ago.

There were only a handful of 'rare' titles and most of it was duplicates across both platforms. I had to field a ton of ignorant/cherry picking responses till I finally got one person who bought everything in one shot.

But the point is that someone did buy my mega game lot for almost $600 shipped.
[quote name='Potatoeman']Yeah, seems like you're just trying to be a dick now.[/QUOTE]
That's why I normally don't read this thread, since people on here seem to be of the typical CL buyer mentality. They view CL as a flea market where people should price their stuff at bottom dollar prices, while I view it as a place to sell my stuff w/o being nailed by Amazon/eBay fees out the wazoo and I expect to get market value or just under for the items.

Of course most of the stuff I put up for sale on there(and here) is stuff that I just won't sell unless I get what I'm willing to let it go for anyway.;)

I dunno, I sold a Mario Paint cart with just Mouse and Pad for $21 shipped on Amazonia. If it were me I wouldn't take less than $20 on a face-to-face if the box was nice.

That guy is nuts on the FF2 though; not long ago I paid around $32 for cart and all paper but the box. Also there was a ebayer selling FF2 & 3 boxes for around $8 each.

[quote name='jer7583']You can find a few recent sold listings on ebay and Buy It Nows around the price you want and send them his way but he'll probably just ignore you and hope someone else who isn't smart wants to buy it for his asking price.

I'd just say "I want to buy this game in that condition. Either ebay gets my money, or you do. Your choice."[/QUOTE]

Yea he wanted to make a profit even though I told and was willing to show him that it sells for only 15-20. Oh well no biggie.

Personally I feel that Craigslist is a used game seller and the prices should be reflected accordingly. If I can get a 7 day return policy from gamestop, you shouldn't try matching them.

[quote name='Booj']Personally I feel that Craigslist is a used game seller and the prices should be reflected accordingly. If I can get a 7 day return policy from gamestop, you shouldn't try matching them.[/QUOTE]
While I agree, I think peoples' mentality is that it's CL and everybody should just be giving it away for free. If I can sell something on CL or eBay, and get the same price, I'll choose CL. It's ca$h and I don't have to worry about somebody filing a INAD, chargeback, or all the pesky fees.

[quote name='frostybroc']Takes the cake

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/vgm/2987828312.html[/QUOTE]

Go to eBay and do a search for "NES FINAL FANTASY SEALED", and you'll find the same pic as listed in the CL ad. Coincidence?

I don't know about everyone else but when I make an offer for something on craigslist, I'm offering just a little below what ebay average is for the item sold. Unless they're selling it dirt cheap, than I just buy it without haggling at all.

[quote name='Booj']Personally I feel that Craigslist is a used game seller and the prices should be reflected accordingly. If I can get a 7 day return policy from gamestop, you shouldn't try matching them.[/QUOTE]
OK then. Thanks for opening my eyes to this. From now on if people offer me a lowball price, they get the true Gamestop experience with my used games/items. Scratches galore and disc only games for all. ;) If they want good condition stuff, then they pay a premium or they can get fucked. Then again, that's my MO now anyway.:razz::booty:
[quote name='tiggerkiddo']I don't know about everyone else but when I make an offer for something on craigslist, I'm offering just a little below what ebay average is for the item sold. Unless they're selling it dirt cheap, than I just buy it without haggling at all.[/QUOTE]
Well then you're alone in doing so. All I ever get are the toolbags who want shit for nearly free. If sodomy by force wasn't illegal I'd have probably met a few of them just to shove the item so far up their ass they could puke it back out.

Damn, Cheapest I feel sorry for you. I only buy off CL and I rarely haggle. The only time i can think of ever doing it was with my PC I bought. Brought him down from $125 to $100, otherwise I buy at what they offer. Hope you get better offers!

I guess maybe it's just the people around here are too broke/cheap and/or they have that 'CL is a flea market' mentality ingrained in their mind. If I list something for $70, they offer me $30, even if I say 'price is firm'.

I mean, ffs, I was trying to offer up a sealed PSPGo for $100 on there. Now most normal folks would've said 'gee that's half off MSRP, that's a good deal'. Not the cheap fuckers around here on CL. I think I got a single offer for $45 and only if they could 'open it and try it'.:roll: Yeah. I'm gonna let you open a SEALED game system so you can try it before you buy it. Riiiiight.

[quote name='Bing147']100 is a lot for something where you have no guarantee it works. Just saying.[/QUOTE]
It was/is SEALED. I still have the receipt from the store(Sears) I bought it from to show where I got it. Of course, I'm not gonna show the people from CL the damn receipt cuz it'd show I paid HALF of what I was trying to sell it for on there.

To me CL is an as-is community to sell stuff on. I have never and will never allow anyone into my home to test stuff, as I don't trust my buyers from there as far as I can spit(which ain't very far). Then again, I don't usually post items on there as 'as-is'. I usually only sell stuff on there that's mint/complete or new consoles/electronics that I buy using gift cards from places like BB/GS/FYE that I just wanna sell at as close to MSRP as I can to 'cash out' of those gc's.

Which is fine if you're getting something cheap. You take that risk. And yes sealed helps. But some electronics are dead on arrival. It happens. It is an as is community. Which means an as is price in most cases.

100 is not pocket change for most people. Say what you will about Gamestop but they have a great return process. They do have some games in good condition and if theres an issue returning the item is easy. So why would anyone pay as much on Craigslist with no guarantee as they would with a great one at Gamestop.

True. I can see your point. That's why after that PSPGo(and a 60gb PS3) I stopped trying to sell electronic items on there and I haven't listed anything recently.

As it stands I put up the 60gb for $80-100 as-is console only. No serious bites as expected.

Frankly when I sell on Craigslist I build wiggle room into my asking price as people want to feel they 'won'. If I want 50 I list for 75 and if I get an offer for 45 I take it. Posting firm just makes them feel like they lost.

I put my old phone up at 200 a few months ago. Knew I wanted at least 125. Got 140. Everyone comes away happy.

That's the thing though. I put in a price of $75 when I want $50 and the first offer I get is $25. It must just be my area or the people I'm having respond to my ads or something then. It just seems like I always get the absolutely most ridiculous lowball offers as a first offer.

And believe me, I'd be more than happy to negotiate with them, but some of the responses are just.....:roll:.

The one response for the 60gb PS3 was 'since it has scratches and has been opened(was completely bluntly honest about condition) I'll give you $50 and not a dollar more'.

Oh believe me. I've had lots of bites. But they ALL want to come over and test it out. I've offered to meet them at a local independent game shop to let them check it out, but that's not agreeable to them. Like I said, I'd rather not let people into my house to test stuff.

For me CL is used/pre-owned and prices should reflect that, even if an item is sealed there is no way I'm paying close to retail since im paying cash and there are no returns or exchanges. Same thing goes when I sell I always go check on GameStop and amazon/eBay and price it under those prices.

WHITE WII SYSTEM - $250 (POMONA)

Date: 2012-05-06, 4:07PM PDT
Reply to:
HAVE A WII SYSTEM FOR SALE BRAND NEW USED IT NO MORE THAN 5 TIMES.
BEEN SITTING IN ITS ORIGINAL BOX. WORKS PERFECT.
I ALSO HAVE 2 GAMES I AM SELLING THE GAME IS FOR 15 DOLLARS EACH OR 2 FOR 25
SO ALL OF IT TOGETHER WOULD BE LIKE 265.
SELLING IT BECAUSE I HAVE NO USE FOR IT ANYMORE.
PLEASE CALL OR TEXT

5Nd5F15M63Ke3G13Mac56a54883ea4a0015fa.jpg

• it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Just putting in my two cents about the buying sealed items, whenever i see a sealed console or handheld for half off of the MSRP, my first question I always ask is if its stolen and if not then I need to see a reciept showing its purchased. As i am not going to get caught with stolen merchandise

Truth be told, i look at craigslist as a place most people want to use to sell something quick, if they want top dollar, go to ebay, CL is for a quick sale. I bargain accordingly. Plus, most people selling stuff on CL are generally desperate for some cash, and of course, that makes haggling easier.

lol The Wii is brand new used!

I've let people into my house, but I have like a front room with a TV and stuff, so they never get past there. I wouldn't bring them anywhere near my living room, and I like to show my Pitbull to the new company, just so they know.

(She's a sweetheart though, won't even eat a mouse!)

bread's done
Back