Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='Nick45']You missed the point.[/QUOTE]

I got the point rick (astley?) had a one-hit wonder in the 90s, that is now almost synonymous with torture

it's not that bad of a song really

[quote name='Kovorkian']I got the point rick (astley?) had a one-hit wonder in the 90s, that is now almost synonymous with torture

it's not that bad of a song really[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's that bad either, but the point is that they clearly misspelled the name of the game they are selling, in the title none-the-less.

I am done now, carry on.

[quote name='vantheman']Most of those I could possibly see a new year old having, but Blitz the League? Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

True I didn't think of that. I wasnt thinking that they didn't belong to his kid, just that he's overpricing his kids stuff and buyers are supposed to sympathize that he's doing to get his nine year old a PS3. But you could be right that they're not even his kids games they're his idk.

[quote name='vantheman']Most of those I could possibly see a new year old having, but Blitz the League? Give me a break.[/QUOTE]
What's so strange about that? Even though I've never actually liked football, I played the hell out of NFL Blitz as a kid.

All from the same seller

Strider for NES! - $25 (La Mesa)

Date: 2012-09-01, 2:10PM PDT
Reply to this post

Strider for NES
label in great shape!!
$25

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/vgm/3244200780.html

Tetris for NES ORIGINAL - $20 (La Mesa)

Date: 2012-09-01, 2:05PM PDT
Reply to this post

Tetris for ORIGINAL NES
Works great, label in great shape!
$20

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/vgm/3244190010.html

Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt With 2 Zappers NES - $40 (la mesa)

Date: 2012-09-01, 2:00PM PDT
Reply to this post

Super Mario/ Duck Hunt bundle
2 Zappers
everything you need to shoot ducks with your team mate!
asking $40

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/vgm/3244180497.html

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Using his nine year old son as an excuse to overprice a PS2 with abunch of crap games?

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/vgm/3225888490.html[/QUOTE]

The bad part is there are several decent games in there, but not $200 worth.
Tomb Raider Legend, NFS Underground, Midnight Club 3, Burnout 3, Ratchet and Clank, Simpsons Hit n Run. Tomb Raider Underworld is supposed to be pure shit but sells for several buck on eBay. Also 2 Sony controllers are nice, as long as they are not worn to shit.

I'd give $5 for any of those titles, maybe up to $10, same for the controllers if they're in good shape. Still not $200, but he does have a pretty solid $75 bundle for someone wanting it for their kids or to start a PS2 collection.

[quote name='ZombieToast']What's so strange about that? Even though I've never actually liked football, I played the hell out of NFL Blitz as a kid.[/QUOTE]

I also played a ton of the original, but this one is rated M for Blood, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use Of Drugs, and Violence. I have never played it, but seems like its not appropriate for a 9 year old IMO.

[quote name='vantheman']I also played a ton of the original, but this one is rated M for Blood, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use Of Drugs, and Violence. I have never played it, but seems like its not appropriate for a 9 year old IMO.[/QUOTE]
Still doesn't sound strange to me. Maybe it's inappropriate for a kid that age, but I was playing Mortal Kombat when I was even younger than that. It's fairly common for parents to not pay much attention to the ratings on games that their kids want. Otherwise, a huge portion of us probably never would've played the first few GTA games when they came out.

And besides, the Blitz game could simply be one that the dad picked out for himself. Just because the console and games supposedly belong to the kid, that doesn't necessarily mean he's the only one that uses it. My mom certainly bought/rented her fair share of NES games for herself even though it was my console.

Now, I'm not trying to defend the guy and his ad or anything like that...I'm not bothered one way or the other. I just personally don't see anything outlandish about the collection belonging to a 9-year-old.

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/vgm/3247599319.html
Wii VIP Package! 15+ Games, controllers, memory card, and MORE! - $350

I'm selling my Wii bundle of 12 Wii games, 3 Gamecube games that work with the Wii, 3 downloaded games on the console itself, 3 pairs of controllers, several other controllers, 2 steering wheels for Mario Kart, and a controller charging station for a rechargeable controller. This is the perfect kit, and is valued at way above what I'm asking. I'm moving out and need the money though, so I hope this bundle brings you happiness like it brought me!

Here are the list of games:
Wii Sports
Super Mario Strikers (Gamecube)
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Gamecube)
Wii Play
Alien Syndrome
Super Smash Bros: Brawl
Mario Party 8
Madden '09: All-Play
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Mario Kart Wii
de Blob
Elebits
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Super Mario (downloaded)
Donkey Kong (downloaded)
Minigolf (downloaded)

Please email me as soon as you can with questions or offers! I'm not looking for trades, and please don't try to lowball an already very low asking price. Thanks for looking!

I especially like the "please don't try to lowball an already very low asking price."

Last edited by a moderator:
report him to get banned :p since he lists his battletag. Blizzard does not allow the selling of accounts as far as I remember unless this has changed.

Replying to the dude selling the 3 Mario Party games for $100 - $1 (BX)

Date: 2012-09-02, 7:15AM EDT
Reply to this post

Are you f**king kidding me? $100 for 3 N64 games? What type of drug are you really on? Seriously who the hell is going to pay $100 for 3 N64 games...Maybe it was a typo on your part and meant to put $10 but no way in hell someone is actually going to pay that much for 3 N64 games....GTFO with that sh!t

5La5G25Kd3G23M43Iec921a52abec021217a1.jpg

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/vgm/3245002519.html

This is funny :lol:

Another thing that bugs the shit out of me is people who post lots of like 30-40 ga,Ed and can't be bothered to write the titles, or more simply, post a photo of the spines or cases.

There's a guy who has been listing a ps1 with 37 games for a few weeks at $30. Potentially a good deal. So I called the guy today and asked if he could list them or post a photo. He said it was too much work.

Guessing they are all sports and kids shit or he's a collector trying to dump super low value titles from other lots.

I see this a lot though. Do any of you guys go see about these random lots? I don't feel it's worth the gas and time, plus backing out when you have already met up with the seller seems weird.

[quote name='jmbreci']Today's winner in Omaha[/QUOTE]

I laughed out loud at this because I only expected the nes accessories with the ps1 to be the stupid part.

Then I saw $150

Lololololololo.olololol

[quote name='tuffguycore']http://scranton.craigslist.org/bar/3244076232.html

So, something tells me this guy can't have a dog...[/QUOTE]
I'm not really sure what I'm missing here. The only thing that stands out is that the guy is a bit picky and he wants a little too much for his gun. Also, it's silly that he asks for a specific male dog but then says that he would prefer a female. Other than that, I don't see where the stupidity is.

[quote name='jer7583']plus backing out when you have already met up with the seller seems weird.[/QUOTE]
Ain't nothin' weird about it. If you don't want it, you don't want it; that's your choice. And I mean, if you're putting in your own time and gas to check it out, it's not like you're putting else at an inconvenience. I'm not sure how old you are, but when it's time to be a grown-up and a parent and you do all of the fun things that responsible grown-ups have to do, you end up turning a lot of people down. If you think that situation seems weird, try buying a house. You could end up leading a real estate agent around town to 20 different houses only to tell them that you're not interested. They're usually pretty understanding, but I have to admit that I'm glad none of them know where I live.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']Another thing that bugs the shit out of me is people who post lots of like 30-40 ga,Ed and can't be bothered to write the titles, or more simply, post a photo of the spines or cases.

There's a guy who has been listing a ps1 with 37 games for a few weeks at $30. Potentially a good deal. So I called the guy today and asked if he could list them or post a photo. He said it was too much work.

Guessing they are all sports and kids shit or he's a collector trying to dump super low value titles from other lots.

I see this a lot though. Do any of you guys go see about these random lots? I don't feel it's worth the gas and time, plus backing out when you have already met up with the seller seems weird.[/QUOTE]

I probably wouldn't check out a mystery lot unless it was right down the street and easily accessible; no list is only the sort of thing that can work for you if you're on the scene and can offer $5-10 for the whole box.

[quote name='pollmonster']All from the same seller

Strider for NES! - $25 (La Mesa)

Date: 2012-09-01, 2:10PM PDT
Reply to this post

Strider for NES
label in great shape!!
$25

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/vgm/3244200780.html

Tetris for NES ORIGINAL - $20 (La Mesa)

Date: 2012-09-01, 2:05PM PDT
Reply to this post

Tetris for ORIGINAL NES
Works great, label in great shape!
$20

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/vgm/3244190010.html

Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt With 2 Zappers NES - $40 (la mesa)

Date: 2012-09-01, 2:00PM PDT
Reply to this post

Super Mario/ Duck Hunt bundle
2 Zappers
everything you need to shoot ducks with your team mate!
asking $40

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/vgm/3244180497.html[/QUOTE]

Dropped to $15 on the Tetris, you could offer 15 cents :)

This guy has some real rarities but the prices he is asking are stupid.

Nobody is going to buy a $300 nes game from you, even if it's worth that much, on Craigslist.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3250450942.html
RARE NES/SNES Games!!!! (oak creek)

Date: 2012-09-04, 6:29PM CDT
Reply to this post

Up for sale from my personal collection is some of the most rare, sought after titles for the NES and SNES. All games are in very good to good cosmetic condition, and all work perfectly!

NES

- Little Samson (300$ obo)
- Panic Restaurant (350$ obo)
- Bonk's Adventure (150$ obo)
- Zombie Nation (175$ obo)
- Snow Brothers (150$ obo)
- Bubble Bobble 2 (250$ obo)
- Power Blade 2 (200$ obo)

SNES

- Hagane: The Final Conlict (350$ obo)
- Earthbound w/ strategy guide (275$ obo)

Games are priced for individual sale but if someone if interested in picking up the whole lot my asking price is 2000$
[\quote]

Funny, I paid $9 for my Hagane last year and earthbound with guide for $80 about 3 years ago..

Another unlikely sob story. I mean, his son is 4 and he wants a ps3....for $50 bucks?

Looking for working PS3 - $50 (Victorville)

Date: 2012-09-04, 10:45PM PDT

Hello,

I know it's a long shot but I'm looking to buy a working Playstation 3 for my son. I wasn't able to get him anything for his birthday this year and I really can only afford $20 dollars but I can borrow another 30 so I can give you 50 dollars. Someone gave me a free wired generic PS3 controller. So far, that's all I have. My son really wants that Toy Story 3 game. That's why I want him to have his own PS3 since he played it at a neighbors house and he won't stop talking about it. It's been months since he's played the game. I lost my job and a single dad since his mother passed away at childbirth. Not to have a sap story but I know he would love it. He is four years old this year. He's a leap year kid(February 29 and yes, I know it's a late birthday present). It was his first real birthday this year but I just don't have the money to buy him a PS3. I'm not asking for a handout just a good, really good deal on a working Playstation 3 that doesn't have any problems. Please, don't email me with negative comments. Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it. Just email me and I will contact you back right away. You can also text me at 562***-****. I live in Victorville. Thank you again.

keywords: playstation 3, ps3, xbox, x box, xbox 360, x box 360, ps2, ps1, sony, sony ps3, video games, games, ps3 games, xbox games, xbox 360 games, ps games, playstation games, hd, hd games

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

My Super Nintendo for Brand new "Sneaker Shirts" or Snap Backs Fitteds
Date: 2012-09-04, 8:09PM EDT

I'll trade my Super Nintendo SNES system in Excellent 100% working condition with controller and all wires, for:

Brand new snapbacks or fitteds in size 7 3/4
"Sneaker Shirts" in size large like (rocksmith, 8&9, bobby fresh etc)
jordans in size 11 or 11.5
foamposites in 11.5
lebron 9s in size 11.5 or 12

I'll add cash obviously for sneakers....e-mail me what you have let's talk!

He'd have better luck at a thrift store.

[quote name='wugenius']Another unlikely sob story. I mean, his son is 4 and he wants a ps3....for $50 bucks?

Looking for working PS3 - $50 (Victorville)

Date: 2012-09-04, 10:45PM PDT

Hello,

I know it's a long shot but I'm looking to buy a working Playstation 3 for my son. I wasn't able to get him anything for his birthday this year and I really can only afford $20 dollars but I can borrow another 30 so I can give you 50 dollars. Someone gave me a free wired generic PS3 controller. So far, that's all I have. My son really wants that Toy Story 3 game. That's why I want him to have his own PS3 since he played it at a neighbors house and he won't stop talking about it. It's been months since he's played the game. I lost my job and a single dad since his mother passed away at childbirth. Not to have a sap story but I know he would love it. He is four years old this year. He's a leap year kid(February 29 and yes, I know it's a late birthday present). It was his first real birthday this year but I just don't have the money to buy him a PS3. I'm not asking for a handout just a good, really good deal on a working Playstation 3 that doesn't have any problems. Please, don't email me with negative comments. Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it. Just email me and I will contact you back right away. You can also text me at 562***-****. I live in Victorville. Thank you again.

keywords: playstation 3, ps3, xbox, x box, xbox 360, x box 360, ps2, ps1, sony, sony ps3, video games, games, ps3 games, xbox games, xbox 360 games, ps games, playstation games, hd, hd games

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
[/QUOTE]
Where is Victorville, I got a PS3 I want to get rid of, but I'm not going to charge this guy for it. I will even buy the Toy Story game and a few others. Where is this at?

Actually if the guy wasn't a fake ass lying sack of shit I'd seriously give him the Toy Story game, DS, PS2 or PS3 (I shit you not, I have access to all 3 of them) for the shipping cost. Of course I'd have to pry them from my nephews hands, but still.

[quote name='burritoman']Where is Victorville, I got a PS3 I want to get rid of, but I'm not going to charge this guy for it. I will even buy the Toy Story game and a few others. Where is this at?

Actually if the guy wasn't a fake ass lying sack of shit I'd seriously give him the Toy Story game, DS, PS2 or PS3 (I shit you not, I have access to all 3 of them) for the shipping cost. Of course I'd have to pry them from my nephews hands, but still.[/QUOTE]

California. That's the only one I know of

The girl in that pic is gross looking too.

It's like show off my girlfriend she has b cup boobs and no muscle tone, arent you jealous?

fucking Craigslist, man.

[quote name='pollmonster']Replying to the dude selling the 3 Mario Party games for $100 - $1 (BX)

Date: 2012-09-02, 7:15AM EDT
Reply to this post

Are you f**king kidding me? $100 for 3 N64 games? What type of drug are you really on? Seriously who the hell is going to pay $100 for 3 N64 games...Maybe it was a typo on your part and meant to put $10 but no way in hell someone is actually going to pay that much for 3 N64 games....GTFO with that sh!t

5La5G25Kd3G23M43Iec921a52abec021217a1.jpg

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/vgm/3245002519.html

This is funny :lol:[/QUOTE]

Clicked on "Best of Craigslist". Wish I saw more amusing stuff like that on CL.

[quote name='TheHelix']The cheapest Macbook starts at $1000 so lol[/QUOTE]

He didn't say which gen. Considering my Macbook is from 2008 and appraises at $200 for trade-in, that's not a huge stretch.

[quote name='Calipso']Clicked on "Best of Craigslist". Wish I saw more amusing stuff like that on CL.[/QUOTE]

never noticed that "best of craigslist" area, some funny stuff posted there...

[quote name='jer7583']The girl in that pic is gross looking too.

It's like show off my girlfriend she has b cup boobs and no muscle tone, arent you jealous?

fucking Craigslist, man.[/QUOTE]

She dosen't look that bad man. You must have some pretty high standards for girls. I know if she showed up like that at my door I would get a boner.:joystick:

[quote name='xenozfan2']She dosen't look that bad man. You must have some pretty high standards for girls. I know if she showed up like that at my door I would get a boner.:joystick:[/QUOTE]

It's not that. Jer is just more of a sailor moon kind of guy.

[quote name='xenozfan2']She dosen't look that bad man. You must have some pretty high standards for girls. I know if she showed up like that at my door I would get a boner.:joystick:[/QUOTE]

nah she just kinda looks like a crackhead to me

And i like girls with a little more curve, little less ribcage, lol. different strokes ;)

bread's done
Back