Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I don't understand. Is the PAL version of the 360 slim Halo Reach bundle supposed to be rare to be so high in price?[/QUOTE]

Check the bid history there are legitimate bids then it starts jumping huge gaps

[quote name='Indiana Jones']This is from Half.com, not Craigslist, but I saw this and had to share:

e7jfog.png
[/QUOTE]

I've been seeing this crap recently on my local classifieds.

"BRAND NEW BOUGHT USED FROM GAMESTOP WITH NO CASE A FEW SCRATCHES BUT I ONLY PLAYED IT ONCE!!!!!"

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/vgm/3263248349.html

pc emulators (green bay)

i have some emulators that i wanna try to trade, see what i can get. 1: NES emulator with 700+games 2: sega genesis emulator with 700+games, and a nintendo ds emulator with 50+games including the new pokemon black and white 2, everything is in english except the story, only 51% is in english. it will also come with a pc game pad (looks like an snes controller)

[quote name='TTGSteve']Lmao yeah I've seen those. They're usually playing the broken father role where they just lost their job.[/QUOTE]

Oh God the things people try to do for free stuff LOL

[quote name='slainviper']http://greenbay.craigslist.org/vgm/3263248349.html

pc emulators (green bay)

i have some emulators that i wanna try to trade, see what i can get. 1: NES emulator with 700+games 2: sega genesis emulator with 700+games, and a nintendo ds emulator with 50+games including the new pokemon black and white 2, everything is in english except the story, only 51% is in english. it will also come with a pc game pad (looks like an snes controller)
[/QUOTE]

LOL that one is funny

The HDD does add a bit of value, but yeah, softmodding is easy enough for even beginners to do. I've never even charged anyone for it because it only takes about 10 minutes.

Idiots selling old game consoles - $1 (Magnolia de)

Date: 2012-10-01, 2:53PM EDT
Reply to this post [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

To all you people out there selling the original Xbox or PlayStation 2 please stop posting your garbage on craigslist. Suck it up and throw that shit away! No one wants to spend 150 bucks on an original Xbox and I doubt anyone gives two shits and a fuck about how it comes with three controllers and 14 games! Its still OBSOLETE! This is to that moron a few post down advertising her furniture and a pair of kids shoes a few post down. Like for real who do you think is gonna need an original Xbox that bad to spend 150 bucks on that bullshit system?! Lol get real bitch. 50 bucks at the most. I wouldn't even pay that!

http://delaware.craigslist.org/vgm/3309237678.html

[quote name='pollmonster']Idiots selling old game consoles - $1 (Magnolia de)

Date: 2012-10-01, 2:53PM EDT

To all you people out there selling the original Xbox or PlayStation 2 please stop posting your garbage on craigslist. Suck it up and throw that shit away! No one wants to spend 150 bucks on an original Xbox and I doubt anyone gives two shits and a fuck about how it comes with three controllers and 14 games! Its still OBSOLETE! This is to that moron a few post down advertising her furniture and a pair of kids shoes a few post down. Like for real who do you think is gonna need an original Xbox that bad to spend 150 bucks on that bullshit system?! Lol get real bitch. 50 bucks at the most. I wouldn't even pay that!

http://delaware.craigslist.org/vgm/3309237678.html[/QUOTE]

I totally agree 50 at the most

I think a lot of these overpriced current gen games come from teenagers who think they should get the same for something that they paid.

This asshole around here always is posting about "customizing" ds lite systems.

He basically orders clear case replacements from china and ruins systems with gaudy shit like flashing LCD lights and ugly colors.

Who wouldn't want their ds lite to look like a disco ball??!?

Custom RGB DS Lite ~Video - $110 (New Berlin )

Date: 2012-10-07, 8:59PM CDT

Great system, one of the best I've ever customized! Works perfectly and comes with the charger and a clear stylus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml8RqmNNrNo&feature=youtu.be

If you have any questions please send me an email or feel free to call or text me at (262) 893-6601

Thank you!
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Added bonus of video for this monstrosity.

[quote name='jer7583']This asshole around here always is posting about "customizing" ds lite systems.

He basically orders clear case replacements from china and ruins systems with gaudy shit like flashing LCD lights and ugly colors.

Added bonus of video for this monstrosity.[/QUOTE]

Looks fine to me.

[quote name='jer7583']This asshole around here always is posting about "customizing" ds lite systems.

Added bonus of video for this monstrosity.[/QUOTE]

Woopie. I get a DS Lite that has some neat lights. Why get rid of the original DS casing.

[quote name='Olengie']Woopie. I get a DS Lite that has some neat lights. Why get rid of the original DS casing.[/QUOTE]

clear case will show off the lights an opaque case will not.

[quote name='prmtyme']Here is one I found who the hell would pay that much for that SMH I will do it for them for 10 bucks lol

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/vgm/3273424014.html[/QUOTE]

Why would you want "900" or "1400" Wii games even if they are free?? I do have a modded Wii and I only found about 120 games worth ripping to the harddrive. And even then I might get around to playing half for more then 20 mins.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/vgm/3312250255.html

6 Hard-to-Get Supper nintendo games. - $200

all clean games from clean family. good games.
$200 or best offer.
1Donkey Kong!!
2Paper Boy2!!
3NHLPA HOCKEY!
4EMMIT SMITH FOOTBALL!
5SUPER MARIO WORLD!!!
6DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 2!!

SORRY THE PIC IS NOT GOOD I HAVE A PIC OF EACH ONE IF YOUR"E INTERESTED THEY ARE IN MINT CONDITION.

5Kd5F65M53Gc3L53o5ca2986b417ac2781307.jpg
A note to all collectors out there, writing JOCK on your games makes them more mint.

Same guy:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/vgm/3312220777.html
9 hard to get playstation 1 games !! - $165

And a playstation 2 game !

Serious buyers only plz. all games in flawless shape.

5Ka5X45Mb3K33Je3Heca29a18cc75544e1710.jpg

So I made a craigslist post for about 15 unopened toys (super hero barbie sized dolls, some barbies) that I wanted to get rid of. I was looking into selling them on ebay over the past month so been keeping track of what they were going for. Decided against if because I never shipped a collectible and really just didn't want to mess packing it correctly and someone saying it was damaged or something. I priced it about 20-25% lowers than what the auctions ended at the past couple weeks on ebay so I posted that in the ad and posted $240 FIRM. No negotiation on price.
Get to the meet up spot and some asshat old man in a beat down Buick Celebrity from the late 80s shows up and tries to negotiate the price before I even open my trunk to show them to him the dolls. He goes "will you take 150 for it" right after we exchange hellos. I didn't say anything, just turned around and got in my car and just left. I was out of the parking lot within a minute after he said that.

What was hilarious is that he called me from an area code that would have taken him 45 minutes at least to get to the bank I was meeting him at which is only 5 minutes from me. That is if he lived there which I hope he did. He tried calling my google voice number like 6 times in the past hour afterwards but didn't leave any messages. Luckily I had 3 other people also email me for it and it went to an older lady who collects barbies.

I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff on craigslist in the coming weeks and hope I don't deal with many more of these idiots. I'm cleaning out an extra room that was pushing an episode of hoarders... without all the garbage and bugs.

[quote name='itsoverninethousand']http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/vgm/3301576045.html

Anybody mind helping him out? Can't imagine what he must be going through if he can't afford to play the latest blockbuster games. Times are tough, people need to play their video gamez. Don't pass up this good deed!

Free Borderlands 2 (oc)

Date: 2012-09-27, 8:19PM PDT
Reply to this post Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I know this is a long shot but im posting this to see if anyone has a extra copy or something along those lines and would like to do a good deed. I've been wanting to play this game for a long time but everyone has money issues. If anyone is giving away a copy of the game for the PC send me a email. I would really really appericate it but understand its a long shot.

[/QUOTE]

The idiot could at least post his "want" ad in the items wanted section.

Someone send him to Mexico to pick up his free copy!

Soon to be rare wii plus games! - $250
Wii Console and accessories like new, hardly used. Paid 250 for console alone. Asking $250. The new WIIU will be coming out and soon stores will stop selling these so get them while you can!

Includes:
-2 Wand remotes
-2 Wii Motion Plus sleeves
-2 rubber remote sleeves
-2 Nunchuks
-1 Classic Controller-Pro
-Games: Super Mario Bros, Wii Sports Resort, Call of Duty Black Ops, Wii Sports

http://evansville.craigslist.org/vgm/3328604413.html

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']
Get to the meet up spot and some asshat old man in a beat down Buick Celebrity from the late 80s shows up and tries to negotiate the price before I even open my trunk to show them to him the dolls. He goes "will you take 150 for it" right after we exchange hellos. I didn't say anything, just turned around and got in my car and just left. I was out of the parking lot within a minute after he said that.[/QUOTE]
I hate, HATE this crap. I do the exact same thing. I'd say one out of every 3 deals on CL I do this happens. The nerve of people to try that when you're in person, especially after agreeing to the price when they email you. Ugh, just gets my goat.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I hate, HATE this crap. I do the exact same thing. I'd say one out of every 3 deals on CL I do this happens. The nerve of people to try that when you're in person, especially after agreeing to the price when they email you. Ugh, just gets my goat.[/QUOTE]

I've seen talk on CAG in one of the Craigslist threads about using that tactic.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I hate, HATE this crap. I do the exact same thing. I'd say one out of every 3 deals on CL I do this happens. The nerve of people to try that when you're in person, especially after agreeing to the price when they email you. Ugh, just gets my goat.[/QUOTE]

I had it occur before but never before showing them and I never haggle. That is why I never budge on the meet up place when I am selling something since it is only 2 miles away. A friend of mine is a bank manager and doesn't care if I do the occasional transaction in his parking lot.
If I knew that I could 100% get away with assaulting someone i'd probably beat the shit out of them before I left. Where I do my transaction is recorded though.
Oh and a hilarious one. I sold a 27 inch old fat screen TV to a guy on a Harley who some how strapped it to the back and rode off. Has nothing to do with anything else. I just like that story.

My disdain for craigslist is what brought me to CAG, actually. Before, I primarily bought and sold lot of my stuff on craigslist and to be fair, did get some great deals. But the haggling and shady people took its toll. LOL, people would guilt me with stories of dying grandparents and pets; lost jobs; even had a "youth pastor" ask me to sell some PS3 games for a ridiculously reduced price because he was working with "orphaned" youth. I'm not saying these people were lying, but how fucking inappropriate is it to guilt people in negotiations? Word to the wise (sure most of you already know): Google Voice is your friend!

2009 was before I knew about Google Voice and I constantly had people calling me after selling stuff. It was awful. "How do you do such and such?", etc.

[quote name='breakfuss']My disdain for craigslist is what brought me to CAG, actually. Before, I primarily bought and sold lot of my stuff on craigslist and to be fair, did get some great deals. But the haggling and shady people took its toll. LOL, people would guilt me with stories of dying grandparents and pets; lost jobs; even had a "youth pastor" ask me to sell some PS3 games for a ridiculously reduced price because he was working with "orphaned" youth. I'm not saying these people were lying, but how fucking inappropriate is it to guilt people in negotiations? Word to the wise (sure most of you already know): Google Voice is your friend![/QUOTE]
It also helps to not give a shit. Sympathy is your enemy!

[quote name='breakfuss']My disdain for craigslist is what brought me to CAG, actually. Before, I primarily bought and sold lot of my stuff on craigslist and to be fair, did get some great deals. But the haggling and shady people took its toll. LOL, people would guilt me with stories of dying grandparents and pets; lost jobs; even had a "youth pastor" ask me to sell some PS3 games for a ridiculously reduced price because he was working with "orphaned" youth. I'm not saying these people were lying, but how fucking inappropriate is it to guilt people in negotiations? Word to the wise (sure most of you already know): Google Voice is your friend![/QUOTE]

Anytime I get rid of my furniture or electronics on craigslist I always get people who claim to run foster homes or youth centers asking for cheaper rates. At least 1 a day before the post goes down. I usually respond with a one word no if they keep pestering me then depending how drunk I am then I might respond with my assholish banter.
I once put 8 things up in one day and got the same foster story thing on almost every one of my items. I responded no and they responded something about Jesus so I sent them to the mall to meet me and I never bothered showing up. I need to check my google voice because I think I still have the funny voicemails they left me from the mall because it was so funny how someone claiming to be christian was screaming dropping F bombs.

bread's done
Back