Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

I just wanted to come in here and rant about Craiglist. So if something is going for $100 at the store and I'm selling it for $40, NO, I will not accept $5. Lowballers annoy me more than people who think they can still get $175 for their Xbox 360 HD-DVD add on because they paid $200 for it in 2006. Lowballers waste your time, especially if they wait a few e-mails before trying to lowball you.

What's really annoying is when I'm selling stuff as a lot and they only want part of it. They try to undervalue the part they want and overvalue tthe part they don't want.

If you don't like the price I'm offering, move onto the next ad, because I would do the same to you.

I just wanted to come in here and rant about Craiglist. So if something is going for $100 at the store and I'm selling it for $40, NO, I will not accept $5. Lowballers annoy me more than people who think they can still get $175 for their Xbox 360 HD-DVD add on because they paid $200 for it in 2006. Lowballers waste your time, especially if they wait a few e-mails before trying to lowball you.

What's really annoying is when I'm selling stuff as a lot and they only want part of it. They try to undervalue the part they want and overvalue tthe part they don't want.

If you don't like the price I'm offering, move onto the next ad, because I would do the same to you.
That part I hate the most is the shithead tactic of the last-minute lowball. About 15 minutes before the meeting time, they text/email saying they just found the item from someone else for cheaper and want you to go less. Or they wait until you meet up and say they only have X less than the original agreed-upon price. fuck those people.

Edit: It's because of those kinds of people, I won't drive more than a few miles from home to meet up anymore, unless it's a decent amount of money. I've been screwed too many times to waste my time and gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was selling a lot of DVDs for $150. Went back and forth with a lady for a few days who only wanted part of it and only in the later e-mails does she mention price. The expensive stuff she wants she's only offering $40 for, while the stuff she doesn't want she claims is worth $100, so that's her math.

I'm in the process of moving into a new house, so I was checking the Wanted section to see if anyone was in need of an old fridge or stove and found this:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/wan/4519945748.html

Looking for New Friends....MINE SUCK
00808_ehnXEUABvKG_600x450.jpg

Help....My friends are terrible and i need new ones.... willing to pay and i dont care if i ever see you. I am sure you cant be any worse. $1.00 would probably buy better friends....Actually $1 would buy great friends compared to what i have...

cabbage head, you suck and you lack the way to appreciate things....TC, go get bent and you lack ummm hair?... CM, choke on a nut (its going to happen due to the amount of nuts you stick in your mouth a day).... inconsiderate ass clowns

Have A Nice Day you D Bags....

Still not sure why people bother with craigs list. Its full of straight up wackos. Seriously no joke.  Rather prefer yard sales,etc. CL brings out those who look at ebay and think hmm i'll use that as my price. Or they take the price it cost them originally like 5 years ago and maybe knock of 50 bucks from that ie: This guy bought a 360 several years ago and now wants whatever he paid minus 50 bucks or whatever

And my god it brings out the most shady f--ks i've ever seen. Like meet me on the corner give me the cash and get lost like a drug dealer. No chance to inspect if the equipment works or anything. If you say you wanna inspect the hw they look at you like your crazy

The people selling there get offended so easily if you counter with an offer that they consider lowball not being realistic sometimes of its current market value.

At least thats been my experience

Indy you might hate lowballers but the opposite can also be true. I've encountered dealers who look at ebay for comparison and use that as a starting guide. Those are the ones too lazy to go through ebay and the whole process of bidding and just go there and use whatever prices are there as a starting price.

I've seen dealers who literally think their stuff is worth much more than it really is in reality. Dealers who take the original price they paid many years ago knock off a few bucks but in reality since its old tech and used its worth much much less than even that.

Also as a dealer if your having a tantrum and ranting about lowballers as a seller that looks really immature and unprofessional. It looks childish and why would anyone wanna deal with buying something from someone who complains about customers? I can go into Tiffanys and offer 10 bucks on a 1000 dollar bracelet. The saleseperson would nicely say I'm sorry no I can't. but you won't hear them bitching openly about cheapskates and saying openly before starting a deal i hate cheap bastards who don't wanna pay what i think its worth

As a buyer i wouldn't buy from such a seller who behaves like that. It's CL not a retail store so some haggling is not unexpected.

I have no problems lowballing on a price for CL offers. If your using CL (which doesn't cost anything to post) and not going through ebay etc that tells me you are desperate (and lazy) to move the item as quickly as possible. Its like a pawn shop. Is it unfair? yeah maybe but it also tells me that maybe it was your fault. I see people buying games, systems,etc as a splurge purchase without doing any research and its collecting dust since they bought it and barely touched it. Once its open and used it loses it value ALOT.  Its not the buyers fault he wants to make a deal of your stupidity and lack of foresight. You can't be pissed at the buyer who wants the lowest price possible especially when its obvious you wanna just get rid of it as fast as possible.

If you want you could go to gamestop,etc and sell your game or system but again usually lazy to do so or more likely you realize they would pay much much less than what i'm lowballing you on offer wise. :^o

Expecting Ebay prices on CL (or yard sales, thrift stores, etc) is a joke.  Lowballing is also a joke.  Somewhere, out the the reach of many is a happy medium that is fair for both parties.

Also as a dealer if your having a tantrum and ranting about lowballers as a seller that looks really immature and unprofessional. It looks childish and why would anyone wanna deal with buying something from someone who complains about customers? I can go into Tiffanys and offer 10 bucks on a 1000 dollar bracelet. The saleseperson would nicely say I'm sorry no I can't. but you won't hear them bitching openly about cheapskates and saying openly before starting a deal i hate cheap bastards who don't wanna pay what i think its worth
No, but the moment the customer leaves earshot, they'll be telling their fellow employees "Oh my God, wait until you hear what that idiot just offered me..." Then they'll go home and tell their spouse or partner "Man, listen to what this idiot customer did today..."

Which is about the same as what's going on here. Agreed about CL ads though that start off with "No lowballers I know my stuff is worth $5,000!"

Syntax implying I give a damn what a seller thinks or repeats to his colleagues :rofl: , friends or generally people i don't give a damn about. I obviously don't do the bartering, lowballing thing in retail stores because thats straight up stupid and never works. Lowballing someone on cl or ebay auction sure why not? As the buyer I'm trying to get a good deal. Besides sellers usually start high and the point is to meet them in the middle or lower. Hurt feelings or pride has no place in getting a deal. Sometimes I'll lowball just because and if they say no come back with a higher offer. Point being as the buyer to get what i feel is the best deal, the sellers feelings are moot. Not here to be friends seller man. Curse me to the heaven's above i don't care as long as i get this for a steal.

I see tons of ads which basically read I bought X game or X system. I impulse bought it and it wasn't what i wanted to trying to unload it. Once its opened and used I'm free to offer 200 bucks on a x1 you bought a week ago. Not my fault you had no foresight.

On CL you'd be surprised how desperate people can be to unload stuff they bought on a whim. Not my fault to feel sorry for them Once its opened up and used the value drops tremendously. Thats just how the market works. So getting offended at lowballs is stupid.I personally laugh right back at them for buying something opening it using it and then expecting near purchase price. So yeah the laughing goes both ways. So yeah laugh mock my lowball i don't care I usually do CL for people in my area so its not like they have much choice. The fact that i can be there in 15 minutes and pay cash is incentive for them to go as low as possible. Whatever i offer will be tons better than what Gamestop will offer.

So yeah i wouldn't necessarily mock the lowballer since well you the seller maybe should have expressed more caution when purchasing said product opening and using it to try out getting bored and trying to recuperate what you originally paid for.

Figure I would share this one.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/etc/4522942881.html

Need a light haired women under 40 years old to resolve an argument (West Bend)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

compensation: $195
part-time
telecommuting okay

Subject will need to be:

-Female

-Reliable/Self-starter

-Under 40 years of age

-Living in or near the West Bend area

-Currently beardless

-Able to prove that they are shaving three times a week for the duration of three months through video/photo evidence or eye witness account.

Subjects applying for this part-time position should be fair skinned and have lighter hair color in order to facilitate accurate measurement of post-shaving hair thickness and darkness.

At the end of the three month test period the subject will receive $195.00 ($5 per shaving session)

All materials necessary for shaving will be provided by my brother in-law who thinks you will develop a beard.

I (along with the entire medical and scientific community) think you will not develop a beard, and will be supplying the paycheck.

nintendo 64 - $200 (chula vista)

Nibtendo 64 excellent condition works great never freezes comes with 2 controls and 3 games $200 or best offer if u want the game super smash bros is another $100 that game itself runs for $300 online

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/vgm/4524245095.html

:rofl:
I know those exact kind of people. They look at this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00000J2W7/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1403012353&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40
And don't realize new price =/= used price. Even though right under that price it says available for $48 and up.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/vgm/4526160515.html

Bioshock Infinite Collectibles - $110

I usually don't post but I found the description extra stupid.

"I have done my research and this is what there worth only contact me if your absolutely sure."

The included artbook and mini-figure from Bioshock Infinite Songbird edition. He thinks two of the nearly worthless items are worth $110. If he had the Songbird statue in there at least it would make some sense.

I wonder what research he did?

The spam postings on craigslist are trying a new way to get people to e-mail them. Before they were always out of this world deals like $150 for a PS4 with a bunch of games. Now they are posting crap deals probably hoping people email and them to haggle, and now they can send out their spam where to buy crap.

Like this one:

"We are selling a Nintendo 64!!!! This system is in great condition!! Comes with 2 controllers, Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie games!!! Asking only $90 on this!! Come on by and check it out if interested!!

Don't reply via craiglist,"

:wall: Okay, twice now someone's wanted only part of my bundle of whatever I'm selling and tries to tell me the items he or she DOESN'T WANT are worth so much more, so thus selling such-and-such for the price he/she is offering would be such a good deal for me for when I sell the other stuff later.

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/vgm/4545377576.html

$5 a game, I wonder where he got them and for how much.... Hmm, wait, the price tags are still on all of them. Smh
I can't read the price tags - but I see the GS tags. I'm not sure I follow. How much is he trying to make on these? I can't imagine something like this would be even close to being useful. Even at 99 cents each form GS, nobody is going to want those games.

I can't read the price tags - but I see the GS tags. I'm not sure I follow. How much is he trying to make on these? I can't imagine something like this would be even close to being useful. Even at 99 cents each form GS, nobody is going to want those games.
They're from the dumpster. So if he sells one he's made profit. All those games were just field destroys at Gamestop.

Most are $0.99/$1.99, so either he was dumb enough to clear GS inventory of all the cheapo used games to try and "flip" for $5 a piece, or like ferant said, he's a dumpster diver lol.

They're from the dumpster. So if he sells one he's made profit. All those games were just field destroys at Gamestop.
Oh. Makes sense, I'm surprised GS would throw away Guitar Hero games, Call of Duty World at War, and Bulletstorm though. I would think they would just keep sitting on them for pretty much forever.

bread's done
Back