Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Im sure you are willing to buy a game thats one week old for $20

nkRiL.png

Its not like there is a shortage like there was with the wii, yesterday I saw 20 wii u's on display in various stores not to mention what might be in back stock.
I remember when the wii came out, there weren't any in stores nearby, some places even oversold (Too many preorders for their stock)

These Wii U people are killing me with their stupidity! I walked into Walmart Weds nite after work and walked out with a Deluxe for $378 after tax. Guy said they had plenty of both in the back. Im seeing morons still asking $500+ for the Deluxe and $425+ for the Basic on CL.

Don't have a link for stupidity but now that black friday is over, I am loving seeing all these ads for brand new video games, that they bought for 15 or 25 dollars from walmart and then having a b.s. story with it about how they bought it for a friend but he already has a copy yadda yadda yadda

[quote name='sp00ge']There's a guy in this area that has had a few of the Disc One-only copies of 360 games lately. Nothing suspicious about that, lol.[/QUOTE]
This guy has multiples of disc only games for every new release every week like clockwork.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']
8hBBv.png

I would like to know what football game for the N64 is worth $40? o_O[/QUOTE]

assuming they are cart only as most cartridge games tend to be; I can buy zelda for $20 from a store.....

[quote name='juangrande386']These Wii U people are killing me with their stupidity! I walked into Walmart Weds nite after work and walked out with a Deluxe for $378 after tax. Guy said they had plenty of both in the back. Im seeing morons still asking $500+ for the Deluxe and $425+ for the Basic on CL.[/QUOTE]
They are getting desperate here in Vegas. They are threatening to return them to the store if no one is interested. The fever is broken and dead!!!

[quote name='shadyfozzie']I don't understand why the just don't return it at this point...[/QUOTE]
My guess is that they maxed out their ONLY credit card trying to flip these...
You try going back to Wally-World with 6 of these ... saying "I changed my mind about my nieces and nephews..."

Oh... btw ... it's getting even worse (better)...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/vgm/3444650891.html

Wii u deluxe set 32gb best deal unopen in box - $300 (Las Vegas)

Date: 2012-11-29, 8:19PM PST
[email protected][?] No low baller $300 cash only
Best deal anywhere in craiglist
Great gift for Christmas
Call fast 702-:3ds::cry::hot:-7565

[quote name='shadyfozzie']At this point, I'd just return it, unless they lost the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Stores can deny returns, like if you buy 10 and return them. It's a $3000 return!

[quote name='elessar123']Stores can deny returns, like if you buy 10 and return them. It's a $3000 return![/QUOTE]

Didn't most places cap purchases of these systems?? And why would a store deny the return??

[quote name='shadyfozzie']ummmm.. What??
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/clt/3415002316.html[/quote]

but wait, there's more to my sob story as i ask $1000 for a pair of stuffed homer simpson dolls...on top of that?!?!?!?!

please, if you can consider helping.......i have had one hell of a life--i was drowned by a life guard when i was 12 years old and spent more than ten minutes on the bottom of a pool with a water filled body before being rescued. My father told me i deserved to be drowned. On top of that traumatic, life changing event, i was also molested by women four times before i was 10 years old. On top of that, my father, was verbally, emotionally and physically abusive; he told me i deserved to be drowned, i used to go to school with bruises...i was that kid....i just need a break....a helping hand, a better day......being here with my ex is torture for both of us....

[quote name='shadyfozzie']Didn't most places cap purchases of these systems?? And why would a store deny the return??[/QUOTE]

It's most likely stolen, not necessarily just walk out the door shoplifting, by an employee or someone working the back room. Easy $300, if you don't lose your job, and if you're a fucking idiot, i guess.

Especially being baltimore, I wouldn't rule it out.

With the Wii U out and the idiotic decline of the ads (not just the asking prices but also the grammar), I think I'm done altogether with Chicago's Craigslist. I don't want a Wii U yet, I don't want my 360, PS3, or watch modded, and I'm sure as hell not paying $20 for a Wii guitar controller.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']People need to learn to copy/paste as well as just link the post.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. This guy seemed very passionate about getting his message across, I wasn't expecting for him to delete it so soon. I dropped the ball here.

It probably won't sound very funny with me explaining it, but basically it was some guy telling everyone what retailers in the area had WiiU's in stock and how much they are. And to not buy from resellers on Craigslist because they're not to be trusted. Oh well... It was funny and now it's dead... :(

A shot at redemption!

"I dont have a ride to gamestop so. (holland/s.rosemont)

Date: 2012-12-02, 1:01PM EST
Reply to this post [email protected][?]
Does anyone wanna buy these games from me?
They're all ps3.
Crysis 2
The Darkness
and No More Hero's.

I'm done with all of them, and dont own a car to get to gamestop soooo.
You want the games, i'm trying to make just 25 bucks.
But shit, I'll work with you. They're just taking up space, and i need some cash for 420.
Reply with an email if your interested. I live right next to the big lots on hollan"

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/vgm/3450076032.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pollmonster']Nintendo NES Game Lot - $10 (Oceanside)

Date: 2012-12-02, 5:17PM PST
I need to sell these games ASAP. All games are in good condition and they all work. Here's the games that are included:
1: Super Mario Bros 3
2: Tetris
3: Nintendo World Championships
4: Tiny Toon Adventures
5: Ninja Gaiden

All games for $10. Thanks.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/vgm/3450992011.html[/QUOTE]
Okay...? What am I missing here?

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Don't have a link for stupidity but now that black friday is over, I am loving seeing all these ads for brand new video games, that they bought for 15 or 25 dollars from walmart and then having a b.s. story with it about how they bought it for a friend but he already has a copy yadda yadda yadda[/QUOTE]

yeah i also see aLOT OF LIMITED EDITION xbox 360 that sold for 150 going for 199 or more on craigslist lol only a fool will pay that

Just had my first experience with a mexican trying to buy my vita with fake 100 dollar bills. I threw the money at him and took my stuff back and he jumped in the car when he saw i was going to kill him, and ran off. Blocked # should have told me all i needed to know, but i gave him the benefit of the doubt. I was so in rage, i didnt get his license plate. If i ever see him again, well, lets just say it wont end pretty.

[quote name='Jnova80']Sorry. This guy seemed very passionate about getting his message across, I wasn't expecting for him to delete it so soon. I dropped the ball here.

It probably won't sound very funny with me explaining it, but basically it was some guy telling everyone what retailers in the area had WiiU's in stock and how much they are. And to not buy from resellers on Craigslist because they're not to be trusted. Oh well... It was funny and now it's dead... :(

A shot at redemption!

"I dont have a ride to gamestop so. (holland/s.rosemont)

Date: 2012-12-02, 1:01PM EST
Does anyone wanna buy these games from me?
They're all ps3.
Crysis 2
The Darkness
and No More Hero's.

I'm done with all of them, and dont own a car to get to gamestop soooo.
You want the games, i'm trying to make just 25 bucks.
But shit, I'll work with you. They're just taking up space, and i need some cash for 420.
Reply with an email if your interested. I live right next to the big lots on hollan"

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/vgm/3450076032.html[/QUOTE]

You have officially redeemed yourself :applause::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blitz6speed']Just had my first experience with a mexican trying to buy my vita with fake 100 dollar bills. I threw the money at him and took my stuff back and he jumped in the car when he saw i was going to kill him, and ran off. Blocked # should have told me all i needed to know, but i gave him the benefit of the doubt. I was so in rage, i didnt get his license plate. If i ever see him again, well, lets just say it wont end pretty.[/QUOTE]

Wow...how bad did these bogus hundreds look? Did he email you at all, or did you just put a phone number in your ad and have them contact you like that?

bread's done
Back