Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='RenoTurk11']No.[/QUOTE]

Glad you know the intentions of every seller on Craigslist.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Most of the people we laugh at deserve it.[/QUOTE]

Most? I thought you just implied that I was wrong with your "No."

[quote name='RenoTurk11']So YES, these people deserved to get laughed at.[/QUOTE]

Where DID I SAY they didn't.

Seriously dude, what's with the abrasive reply.

Try to sell some big ticket items on Craigslist and then see if you still think the sellers are worse than the buyers...

"I know you want $5,000 for your boat, but I can trade you this 1980's 4-wheeler that has a seized up motor and $200 bucks for it. Are you interested?"

True story.

[quote name='blindinglights']Just to play devil's advocate for once, I help a few people who buy and sell cars do Craigslist ads and we always list the price at $500-$1000 over what we're looking for just because 90% of the people who will call/text/email lead with: "Will you take (50% of what you're asking)". After a while you'll get someone who is somewhat reasonable, but they still lowball then slowly start working towards your price. If you price way over, then you can sell stuff for close to what you want because people think they're getting some amazing deal when they "talk you down" a few hundred dollars.

One time I had a work truck up for $8,000 (which was below the KBB values and more than reasonable) and a guy called and said the pictures look like the truck has some dents in the body and wanted to know if I would take $2,000 cash. I just hung up on him. If you ever start selling stuff on Craigslist, you'll quickly find out that the buyers on there are a million times worse than the idiots we laugh at in this thread.[/QUOTE]

while true we also have endless "reality TV" shows where people watch and see others discover all this junk they have is now valuable so people are starting to think hey my old junk is worth a ton of money too when its not.

[quote name='kayne2000']while true we also have endless "reality TV" shows where people watch and see others discover all this junk they have is now valuable so people are starting to think hey my old junk is worth a ton of money too when its not.[/QUOTE]

I agree that those shows are terrible. Friends and family ask me all the time "can you look to see if this is worth anything on eBay" for that very reason.

PS1 Tomb Raider Trilogy Collectors Items - $500

3n83Ea3He5L65Ia5Med2n2fde2d1b32aa1fa3.jpg

3 Never even been played tomb raider raider ps1 games. Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider Last Revelation, and Tomb Raider 3. Mint Condition, never even been inserted into a ps1.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/vgm/3638164480.html

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Everytime I go to craigslist, most people want a ridiculous sum of money for thier old Sega Genesis or NES games. This guy has a Sega Genesis and 17 games, all common *maybe not hyperstone heist but STILL- *, and asking for $125. It really gets annoying after awhile. All these people think their stuff is worth this much..

http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/3640554717.html
I mean really? Come on..
"sega genesis system and 17 games - $125 (freehold, nj)

I have a Sega Genesis 16 Bit system with three controllers and the following games:

Super Street Fighter II
Acme All Stars
Disney's Aladdin
NBA Jam
Jurassic Park
Sonic 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Hyper Stone Heist
Sonic 2
The Adventures of Rocky anf Bullwinkle and Friends
Jordan vs. Bird
Sonic Spinball
Sonic and Knuckles
Fantasia
Cool spot
Star Trek The next Generation Echos from the Past
Sonic the Hedgehog Mega Bomberman
Sports Talk Football starring Joe Montana

Are you interested? The system is in excellent condition and all the games are in perfect working order.

Thanks."[/QUOTE]

Eh, could be worse. There's a couple comic shops around here and that's pretty much what you would spend on all that, even if it isn't the "market value", depending on your area and availibility and demand it could be "retail value", know what I mean? And besides, gotta post a little high sometimes because most people want to talk you down.

I bet that guy would let all that go for like 90 bucks, which for a person who wants to relive some childhood memories or something, that has the money to spend on an old system and games, isn't all that unreasonable.

[quote name='blindinglights']Just to play devil's advocate for once, I help a few people who buy and sell cars do Craigslist ads and we always list the price at $500-$1000 over what we're looking for just because 90% of the people who will call/text/email lead with: "Will you take (50% of what you're asking)". After a while you'll get someone who is somewhat reasonable, but they still lowball then slowly start working towards your price. If you price way over, then you can sell stuff for close to what you want because people think they're getting some amazing deal when they "talk you down" a few hundred dollars.

One time I had a work truck up for $8,000 (which was below the KBB values and more than reasonable) and a guy called and said the pictures look like the truck has some dents in the body and wanted to know if I would take $2,000 cash. I just hung up on him. If you ever start selling stuff on Craigslist, you'll quickly find out that the buyers on there are a million times worse than the idiots we laugh at in this thread.[/QUOTE]

As much as I enjoy reading this thread, I think more people are disappointed with the price of things while searching than anything else. Your going to get lucky sometimes but you can't lowball everybody. Look at the Genesis bundle, it wasn't badly overpriced. If given the effort I'm sure most of these can be brought down. I bet a lot of you are the people with the lowball offers that blindinglights was talking about.

[quote name='blindinglights']Glad you know the intentions of every seller on Craigslist.

Most? I thought you just implied that I was wrong with your "No."

Where DID I SAY they didn't.

Seriously dude, what's with the abrasive reply.

Try to sell some big ticket items on Craigslist and then see if you still think the sellers are worse than the buyers...

"I know you want $5,000 for your boat, but I can trade you this 1980's 4-wheeler that has a seized up motor and $200 bucks for it. Are you interested?"

True story.[/QUOTE]

Don't defend the morons on Craigslist who all think they have the "NES-001". Because MOST post like they have it. I put MOST because I sell on Craigslist but post things reasonably. Most of my stuff sells because I don't post ridiculous asinine prices. I usually get people who give me my asking price.

Anyway, It does go both ways- there are plenty of low ballers and plenty of stupid sellers. I've had a lot more of the latter and am tired of reading these overpriced ads everyday.

There is a guy who posts sometimes on CL with "REALLY?"" And then he lists someone's CL post with what the value actually should be, or the fact the item could be found in a store for cheaper and new. There are so many.
I thought the Genesis bundle was overpriced.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='therealdanhill']Eh, could be worse. There's a couple comic shops around here and that's pretty much what you would spend on all that, even if it isn't the "market value", depending on your area and availibility and demand it could be "retail value", know what I mean? And besides, gotta post a little high sometimes because most people want to talk you down.

I bet that guy would let all that go for like 90 bucks, which for a person who wants to relive some childhood memories or something, that has the money to spend on an old system and games, isn't all that unreasonable.[/QUOTE]

I checked the true value on this lot and it wasn't near this price.
I listed a Sega Genesis plus more games (total was 35) on CL for less than $125, not many were sports games, all CIB. I didn't get many bites and the one guy who did offer me, posted on the sega genesis forums asking if $80 for a genesis and 35 games was worth it. They told him no, it was worth around $45. I just don't get how that bundle is worth around $100?

So much stuff is overpriced on Craigslist. Old sports games for $20 each. It gets old reading the same crap.

IMHO, I think people who post for more than they can possibly get:

1. May not really want to part with it.
2. But they will if someone is willing to pay the ridiculous price.

I don't understand how these assholes selling "backups" for xboxes and modding them continue to post multiple times a day their ads on craigslist.

I flag them EVERY day from multiple IPs (when i check craigslist at work, or on my phone, or at home) and they still show up EVERY single day.

Anyone in this thread who feels like helping out to ruin this shithead's business enterprise, please flag this ad.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3643510643.html

EVERY DAY ITS A ONE DAY SPECIAL WOW

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3643370369.html

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3642822199.html

also a used PSP Go for the low price of $125.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3642037677.html

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/3639642296.html

Like the title says i have 2 xbox 360s they both work no problems
1st xbox 360 is needs disc drive and hdd and cords otherwise complete works good
2nd xbox 360 its bare needs disc drive hdd and cords and a case also a fan
Im sell them both for 80 basically 2 good xbox 360s just need the basics for two of them and one is ready to go.
Text me at 2674866452 or email me at the link above.

No problems?! You're missing a goddamn disc drive and a fan. Maybe that's technically not a problem but this should be as is.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']I checked the true value on this lot and it wasn't near this price.
I listed a Sega Genesis plus more games (total was 35) on CL for less than $125, not many were sports games, all CIB. I didn't get many bites and the one guy who did offer me, posted on the sega genesis forums asking if $80 for a genesis and 35 games was worth it. They told him no, it was worth around $45. I just don't get how that bundle is worth around $100?

So much stuff is overpriced on Craigslist. Old sports games for $20 each. It gets old reading the same crap.[/QUOTE]

I think even hardcore collectors have a tendency to overprice genesis games; you can take almost any equivalent lot of NES titles and they'll be easier to sell, the CIBs will be more likely to ramp up in value, etc. I'm thinking Genesis tends to be more of a money-pit, i.e. people are less likely to drop big bills unless they can offload the titles which they don't want.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/3639642296.html

Like the title says i have 2 xbox 360s they both work no problems
1st xbox 360 is needs disc drive and hdd and cords otherwise complete works good
2nd xbox 360 its bare needs disc drive hdd and cords and a case also a fan
Im sell them both for 80 basically 2 good xbox 360s just need the basics for two of them and one is ready to go.
Text me at 2674866452 or email me at the link above.

No problems?! You're missing a goddamn disc drive and a fan. Maybe that's technically not a problem but this should be as is.[/QUOTE]

o_O So confused by this one...

This add scares me...

I have an old nes - $1

Ok so here it is I have 30 games and the system has all hook ups and one Controller I am getting ride of. I used to be a Collector so I have some very hard games to find. I want 550$ firm I will not tell u what I have I will meet u in a public place it will all be in a box you give me the money and I give u box then I leave. I know Exactly what all I have is worth. Who knows i could have flintstones surprise at dino peak or not. I used to be one of y'all trying to hunt down the games I'm done and I will not let go cheap or sell Individually all or none for 550$

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/vgm/3646486615.html

[quote name='Krullwolf']This add scares me...

I have an old nes - $1

Ok so here it is I have 30 games and the system has all hook ups and one Controller I am getting ride of. I used to be a Collector so I have some very hard games to find. I want 550$ firm I will not tell u what I have I will meet u in a public place it will all be in a box you give me the money and I give u box then I leave. I know Exactly what all I have is worth. Who knows i could have flintstones surprise at dino peak or not. I used to be one of y'all trying to hunt down the games I'm done and I will not let go cheap or sell Individually all or none for 550$

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/vgm/3646486615.html[/QUOTE]

it's just a scammer with a box of nes games at best

at worst its a box of rocks with a few nes games on top

[quote name='jer7583']I don't understand how these assholes selling "backups" for xboxes and modding them continue to post multiple times a day their ads on craigslist.

I flag them EVERY day from multiple IPs (when i check craigslist at work, or on my phone, or at home) and they still show up EVERY single day.

Anyone in this thread who feels like helping out to ruin this shithead's business enterprise, please flag this ad.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3643510643.html

EVERY DAY ITS A ONE DAY SPECIAL WOW

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3643370369.html

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3642822199.html

also a used PSP Go for the low price of $125.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/3642037677.html[/QUOTE]

Yea, I see those ads every day. I quit flagging them. I just ignore them now. Milwaukee Craigslist has gotten really bad. I don't even check every day anymore. More like twice a week.

[quote name='Krullwolf']This add scares me...

I have an old nes - $1

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/vgm/3646486615.html[/QUOTE]

lol i wonder if anyone takes the bait...

[quote name='Kovorkian']it's just a scammer with a box of nes games at best

at worst its a box of rocks with a few nes games on top[/QUOTE]
Oh, I can imagine worse...

[quote name='Lord Darias']Yea, I see those ads every day. I quit flagging them. I just ignore them now. Milwaukee Craigslist has gotten really bad. I don't even check every day anymore. More like twice a week.[/QUOTE]

Well something worked, those ads were deleted and he hasn't posted in a few days. CAG magic?

[quote name='kayne2000']oh i didnt know how you spell it lol much less how to get that e with the accent[/QUOTE]

alt + 130 if I recall correctly (my computer doesn't have a true 10key, so I used google)

[quote name='Kovorkian']While meeting in public?[/QUOTE]
Certainly. Instead of rocks, it could be fetuses. There could even be a plague or a bomb in there. Sure, none of these are likely to happen, but they would still be worse than rocks!

Your safest bet would be to never open the box. As long as it's never opened, the possibility of amazing/rare games (or a dead cat) still exists.

[quote name='Kovorkian']alt + 130 if I recall correctly (my computer doesn't have a true 10key, so I used google)[/QUOTE]
I actually wasn't aware of that. For all these years, I've been using Alt+0233. I feel like I must have wasted minutes of my life on that extra key...

[quote name='ZombieToast']Certainly. Instead of rocks, it could be fetuses. There could even be a plague or a bomb in there. Sure, none of these are likely to happen, but they would still be worse than rocks!

Your safest bet would be to never open the box. As long as it's never opened, the possibility of amazing/rare games (or a dead cat) still exists.

I actually wasn't aware of that. For all these years, I've been using Alt+0233. I feel like I must have wasted minutes of my life on that extra key...[/QUOTE]

there are 4 different ones if I recall correctly, from dicking around in Computer class in high school, there is normally at least 2 different ways per character depending on how common it is in other languages try different combinations at random

√ is an alt code character for example

[quote name='Kovorkian']there are 4 different ones if I recall correctly, from dicking around in Computer class in high school, there is normally at least 2 different ways per character depending on how common it is in other languages try different combinations at random

√ is an alt code character for example[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know there's usually at least two, I just wasn't aware that there is one simpler than what I've always used. Not that it really matters, though; it's too late to change now. But it's still good to know.

[quote name='yantelope']So are skylanders the new beanie babies now or what?[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. I don't think the fad will last as long, though. And I still haven't seen any Skylanders go for as much as some of the more valuable Beanie Babies. Damn, that was some supreme flipping material...

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/vgm/3655979823.html
3k53Kf3I15Ib5E15Fbd331db300ba1b911139.jpg

Hi there. I have an xbox 360 barely ever used, in great condition. It works perfect. It has no problems whatsoever and comes with a 60GB halo 3 edition hard drive. It comes with 2 controllers, the standard av cables, the power supply, 2 rechargable packs, 2 chargers, and all the games as pictured. It also comes with the 1 foot ethernet cable. I can meet anytime in the fort wayne area only. Please no spam, checks, trades, or lowball offers. I'm asking $300 cash or something close to that number, no lowballs. serious inquiries only. Please text me at 260-710-5955 i can answer any questions you may have, and send pictures also.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/3659044070.html

DS with game & safety box !!! - $120 (Fort Wayne , IN)

I am selling a DS with a game & a box to keep it safe in . The DS doesnt have a pen but they are cheap at Walmart , Target , ect ...
The DS is a little bitty bit broken , but it works REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLYYY well . Just because its broken dont let it stop you from buying it at the cheapest price . :) contact me .
260-745-6202

by the way , the DS is blue .

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/3659651503.html

not a terrible deal but this guy gives his FULL name in the description. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/ele/3660161782.html

Hi I am sale my INOOK I dont need it no more. I just got it back in December from working. I will sale the Ipod, it got like four games on it, some downloaded samples of books but you can always delete those off there, it has a googleplay card with it $25.00 NEVER used it, has a sleeve for it, and I do have the box for it. I have a couple of other things I bought for it but will sale it at $125.00.

...da fuq?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put Ni no Kuni on craigslist (cause I just beat it) for $35 and some dude offered to give me $5 more. Idk why he wanted to give me more but im not complaining

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I just put Ni no Kuni on craigslist (cause I just beat it) for $35 and some dude offered to give me $5 more. Idk why he wanted to give me more but im not complaining[/QUOTE]
He probably thought there would be 10 people offering to buy at $35, so that you would sell it to him instead.

bread's done
Back