Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

lol, this is sad. Someone in my area is already trying to rip others off on PS4/XB1 preorders:

iisx.png

GVYasu0.png
Man I saw someone on the Pittsburgh Craigslist doing the same thing about a month ago. Just Plain Sad.

Your prison term just ended and you're already feeling nostalgic? Relive your glory days with this genuine prison TV!

l1zVVeb.png
Once they let you out, you are never the same lol. Haven't you ever seen The Shawshank Redemption? Prison changes a man.

I cant find the link anymore but I saw one the other day that literally just said "atari $500 - only selling because I need the cash"

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a fantastic deal, he will allow you to give him your payment information to buy PS4 and the only thing he asks for is for a regular or premium edition WiiU. I heard that he will sweeten the deal by allowing you to buy him two games for the WiiU if you pay with a debit card and give him your pin. That is a steal!!! You guys should all be thrown in jail for even considering such a great offer!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vgm/4051920525.html

I'm supposed to believe that this guy had a son who had all this stuff, including a Gold Nintendo World Championship cart and Stadium Events. If it were real, whey aren't they in a Goodwill or Salvation Army?
Definitely a guy just trying to troll people. Probably interested to see how far people are willing to go when they think they can rip someone off. Send them off to random locations to "meet up" and string them along for a while just for kicks. Smart to throw them in randomly like that to make it seem like he doesn't know what he has, but unfortunately it loses points since he couldn't get the rare games in the picture along with all of the common ones which means he overplays his hand a bit.

In a way, I approve. Lots of scummy people on Craigslist. Should bring back the hookers.

Keep getting these emails unfortunately:

Hi,
Am glad it's available. I'm going on a vacation but I will instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment which I'm sure you will get in about 4 - 6 business days. I'll add $20 extra for the delay. I'll pay by money order or cashier check so send me your info (i.e full name, mailing address and your phone number) so payment can be mailed out immediately. I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must have received and cashed the payment. Awaiting your info.

Thanks
Oh sure, I'll get right on that. I'll have my assistant send the info.

Not game related but it made me chuckle:

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/zip/4052119776.html

The Post about the free leather couch is a fake (Atherton St.)

"The post about the free leather couch is fake. I've contacted craigslist and also the authorities on this matter. They will be doing an investigation on the persons IP address and being charged with harassment by communication."

Not game related but it made me chuckle:

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/zip/4052119776.html

The Post about the free leather couch is a fake (Atherton St.)

"The post about the free leather couch is fake. I've contacted craigslist and also the authorities on this matter. They will be doing an investigation on the persons IP address and being charged with harassment by communication."
That's a good prank to pull on someone you hate. List free stuff with their address and first come first serve.

That's a good prank to pull on someone you hate. List free stuff with their address and first come first serve.
Indeed it is, unless the people you prank end up getting ripped off and law enforcement does indeed trace it back to you (craigslist states they will release whatever info they have such as ip address etc. with the proper legal requests i.e. subpoenas).

Of course, good luck tracing it if you post ads via some truly anonymous methods...

Maybe some people think this is cool but I think this is stupid...

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/vgm/4057993815.html

Hello,

I am building an entertainment center for my game room and I want to build it using old playstation 2 consoles..

Video game stores are paying next to nothing for these consoles, you would be lucky to get $15.00 for a working one, and they will not buy non-working ones. Might as well get some real money for them.

I would like to use mostly FAT playstation 2 consoles but I still need to use a few of the Slim style.

I am looking for broken, non-working, working, parts playstation 2 systems.

If you have an old playstation 2 consoles sitting around the house I will pay up to $25.00 per unit, depending on the condition.. I am not looking for games or controlers or any of that stuff, but will take it if you want me to...

If you have a playstation 2 consoles get with me as soon as you can, I do not come to Fort Wayne often.

You can get a hold of me at *********. Call or text.. Thanks for looking.

***NOTE, IF YOU CAN GET ME MULTIPLE CONSOLES (FIVE OR MORE) I CAN PAY A LITTLE MORE...

^theyre modding these PS2s right?? I had 2 together on Ebay, that wouldnt boot up, sell in seriously 10 mins for $50 with free shipping. 

Anyone else tired of all the CASH FOR OLD VIDEO GAMES ads littering Craigslist? Yeah, we get it, vintage games are a hot commodity, and you're trolling for someone looking to get rid of their sons collection of SNES RPGs for pennies on the dollar. I'm tired of people that I know are resellers claiming to be collectors, or wording ads in such a way to try and fool people into thinking you're doing them a favor by taking this stuff off their hands. Give it a break.

I bet he's gonna get tons of interest at his unbelievable price deal. :roll:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/vgm/4061852854.html

gameboy original for sale - $400 (Rockwall)

I have a old school gameboy that still works as good as the day it was bought. For its age it is in immaculate shape. I have seen them on eBay going for roughly 450 dollars plus. I'm hesitant to sell one of my childhood relics but I need some fast cash because I'm moving. It has one game called wings of fury that's included. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks in advance.

Anyone else tired of all the CASH FOR OLD VIDEO GAMES ads littering Craigslist? Yeah, we get it, vintage games are a hot commodity, and you're trolling for someone looking to get rid of their sons collection of SNES RPGs for pennies on the dollar. I'm tired of people that I know are resellers claiming to be collectors, or wording ads in such a way to try and fool people into thinking you're doing them a favor by taking this stuff off their hands. Give it a break.
Agreed. I have completely given up on trying to get old systems and games. Flea markets have nothing in my area, craigslist people are stupid. Re sellers are raping everything. I just want them to have and enjoy. I don't care about the value of the game.

Fell off a truck, most stores just received shipments of the game yesterday and today (most big games arrive days ahead of time to ensure stock on release day)
Not necessarily. The "bootlegs" did hit the sites this morning.
Just for shits and giggles I text him ask if it was legit his reply and I quote "5 hasn't even come out yet how could it be old your fuckin stupid bye"

Agreed. I have completely given up on trying to get old systems and games. Flea markets have nothing in my area, craigslist people are stupid. Re sellers are raping everything. I just want them to have and enjoy. I don't care about the value of the game.
There are a lot of "speculators" out there who used to buy things like Vinyl Records, Comic Books, Stamps, Atari 2600 games, etc. who are now focusing on games again.

Once this plague of locusts passes through and onto the next thing, SNES -era games should go back to reasonable prices and we can all enjoy them again. :)

There's been a lot of drama on my craigslist lately....

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/gms/4076224163.html

"This is directed to the vermin who placed the phony Upper Coleville Road ad for video games a few weeks ago. You made yourself 15 brand new enemies!!!!!! We got a description of you from the folks on Greenbriar. Backwards baseball hat, red sedan! No doubt you thought this was a pretty good trick, but you are probably not aware that you committed a crime. Theft by deception, harassment by communication!
You were obviously not satisfied with just going to sales early to get games, but thought by pulling this scam you would eliminate your competition at Greenbriar. If this is how you want to be, okay, game on!!!!
"

"15 brand new enemies"......why would you even bother going to a sale advertising games with that much competition around?? Sounds like a pretty smart trick to me, hope the trickster got some good stuff. 

"15 brand new enemies"......why would you even bother going to a sale advertising games with that much competition around?? Sounds like a pretty smart trick to me, hope the trickster got some good stuff.
I still try sales advertising games occasionally...but I almost never get anything :/ The competition is too great. My best bet is hitting random sales and hoping for the best.

It's a terrible scam anyway. Didn't the price of gold just tank a bit? This is what happens when you put stock in something that's valuable just because people think it's valuable.

bread's done
Back