Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

FACTORY UNLOCKED LG Google Nexus 4 (Mint Condition) w/accessories - $380 (Chula Vista)
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/mob/4729193116.html

I am selling the following item:

LG Google Nexus 4
-Complete Set
-Original Box
-Instruction Manual
-USB Adapter
-Cord
-Micro SIM Card Clipper
-16GB Internal Memory
-Bumper Protective Case
-Clean IMEI & ESN
-Factory Unlocked
Note to Verizon and Sprint users
-This phone will NOT work for your carriers since the two companies that I mentioned uses CDMA SIM Card user than GSM SIM Card user that T-Mobile and AT&T uses. So if you want to know if your carrier uses CDMA SIM Card user, check the link below:

http://cellphoneforums.net/general-service-provider-forum/t349387-list-us-cdma-carriers.html#axzz3H5WjP2xE

Asking for $380 OBO (Or Best Offer)

People just don't check Amazon anymore, do they? Plus this is Craigslist, given the amount of stolen phones that circulate around there, you must be damned competitive on price.

It's good for a child because if they break it you "won't lose out on much".

1322.gif

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/vgm/4755051681.html

Thought this was pretty suspicious.

"i bought the new assassins creed xbox one bundle because i wanted the games, and I am selling the xbox here for cheap. the system itself is brand new, never been used."
I actually thought of doing this if I could PM the BB ad saying it's the Kinect bundle for $350, but decided not to.

http://tuscarawas.craigslist.org/vgm/4739662971.html

Lord of the Rings for GC, for only $10 less than Super Mario All Stars Wii!

This shit pisses me off. Someone on my local FB garage sale page put a dog up a sale. Another person mentioned, and had proof that the seller just got it recently for free.  Then on another garage sale page someone posted that they found the same dog on their car. That seller just turned it loose. Pathetic. A couple people are contacting the police about it now.

Edit: person who rescues animals will be taking care of it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure this belongs in the video game section, but I may need pics to fully assess the situation.

•  
Posted: 

35 minutes ago  ◀ prev  next ▶  Adult Movie (lbbk)

who films adult videos in lubbock im a 22 attractive hispanic im ddf and thought it would be interesting to be filmed while licking and playing with a women
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
https://lubbock.craigslist.org/vgm/4816899236.html

Atari 2600, complete, working, w/21 games - $125 (Pacific Beach)

You probably love your PS2 or XBox and much as anybody, but the Atari 2600 is just as or sometimes even more fun. The games are short and action-packed so that you get as much out of them in a three minute session as you would with an hour session. Plus, most of them are "pick up and play" meaning you don't have to study a gigantic instruction booklet in order to grasp them or learn the any complicated plots.

Includes: (all working)
2600 Console
2 joysticks
Power cable
Video cable (with homemade custom coax adapter if you need it)
AND 21 games yea Twenty One games! all the classics!

Games:
Space Invaders
Missile Command
Combat
Asteroids
Pac Man
Frogger
Centipede
Space War
Home Run (baseball)
Skydiver
Ghostbuster
Air-Sea Battle
Blackjack
Adventure
Yars Revenge
Bowling
Video Olympics
Kangaroo
Superman
Outlaw
Street Racer

$125, this is a classic and a collectible item I will not take $50 for it so do not bother me with such I will just ignore it. If the ad is running the system is still "available"

I prefer email until we establish communication. I buy/sell a lot on CL and do not put up with spammers/scammers/fakes or flakes.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/4818618363.html

I like how he says he will not take $50. Would anybody even offer him $50 for it. Im thinking he will get some offers between $20-$30.

Just a little rant about some craigslist buyers:

1. I recently sold some white gold headsets for $150 to a buyer. Before him, another guy was trying to buy them. He messaged me with a picture of the gamestop link showing the price at $100. He asked me to sell to him for $100. He doesn't even offer to cover the tax. I lol'd him back and I said "LOL. Then why don't you go to Gamestop and buy it then? Good luck finding it. If you have trouble finding it, you can go on Amazon and pay $175 for it though." Guy relents and offers to meet me the next day but then flakes. Which is why 99% of the time, I make every buyer pick up. I don't like dealing with flakes and hate wasting time so I always require the buyer to come to me with the rare exception I'll be in the area anyway to meet up (which I usually tack on an extra $5 for gas and time but I don't tell them it would have been convenient for me anyway).

2. Buyers soliciting lowball offers. I don't haggle - I always sell at slightly below eBay/Amazon to be fair already. So I always state clearly and specifically in my ad that the prices are firm and to not email me with any less of an offer. I still get the occasional "can you do it for -$5?" Having been selling on craigslist for awhile now, I've just gotten snarky and impatient with people and usually respond with something like, "The ad clearly states to not bother with any less of an offer," and if they decline, I follow up to their response with, "you have really poor reading comprehension - thanks for the waste of time." Once in awhile, somebody takes offense to it and responds back. LOL. It's rare but on a few handful of times, I've had buyers show up $5 short. Since they try to short me, I make them either go back home or go to a bank to get more money. I don't fall pressure to this sleazy tactic of, "oh I'm $5 short. Is that cool?" No chance. Every single time this has happened, the buyer has come back 10 minutes later with the money. I already know it'd be a waste of their time to just go home instead of going across the street to the bank.

3. Buyers that have no sense of direction. When they get to my place, they'll text or call me that they've arrived. I'll come out and see nobody. I walk around my building but they will be nowhere to be found. I call back and ask them where are they at exactly. Usually they're like one or two blocks over - not to far - but not at the specific address I texted them with. I'll tell them to be at address "400" and they'll be at "500." WTF? One time I gave a buyer the address of my local gym and he showed up at the wrong gym - across the other side of town.

Last month, I threw up a listing on CL looking to trade my $60 Blue 3DS XL for a different colored one, since it was going to my daughter for Christmas. I got this gem of incomprehension as a result:

dude its less than 9999$ so you fuck your self if you traded 9999$, for some stupid piece of toy. p.s. if want to know the price its 499.99
Usually I just report and delete, but this one I just had to reply to. I was already in a bad mood that day.

How about you try a little reading comprehension, champ. The $9999 price is a filler because, if you were to read the entire ad, I was looking to straight up trade my kids' 3DSXL for another color of the same game system. To quote my ad:

"I'm just looking for someone who has a different color 3DS XL in like new/complete in box they'd be willing to trade straight up for."

And for the record, the MSRP is 199.99, so swing and a miss there, too.
They never responded.

I've been scanning Craigslist for a while but have yet to buy any games or systems on it. I just wish you could post a reply (without email) to some of these people to let them know that their Wii is not worth $125 or $150 no matter how many accessories or Barbie games they have.

There's NO WAY this guy can be serious....
http://lexington.craigslist.org/vgm/4850446986.html
Originalgame Boy Color Yellow $230
One of the very FIRST GAMEBOY COLORS, does not have the battery cover for it, it works perfectly, these are a major collectors item and will only go up in value for their unique processing and savings systems inside the games they play, this comes with the very hard to find Pokemon SPECIAL EDITION PIKACHU YELLOW, and the also rare, POKEMON CRYSTAL VERSION! Do not message me and offer me 150$ I will NOT take it!!!! Txt or call me anytime! Willing to meet in Lexington or Louisville
show contact info

There's NO WAY this guy can be serious....
http://lexington.craigslist.org/vgm/4850446986.html
Originalgame Boy Color Yellow $230
One of the very FIRST GAMEBOY COLORS, does not have the battery cover for it, it works perfectly, these are a major collectors item and will only go up in value for their unique processing and savings systems inside the games they play, this comes with the very hard to find Pokemon SPECIAL EDITION PIKACHU YELLOW, and the also rare, POKEMON CRYSTAL VERSION! Do not message me and offer me 150$ I will NOT take it!!!! Txt or call me anytime! Willing to meet in Lexington or Louisville
show contact info
They deleted their posting, no suprise there. How he thought he would get that much in the first place... :shame:

Speaking of grossly overpricing what one is selling...

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/vgm/4850110720.html

PS3 bundle: come with 3 wireless controllers, online wireless headset, camera along with the move! Will also include all necessary cords. Along with 46 games! Contact (name) if interested!! Thanks so much!

And just incase Satan is a CAGer...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bar/4851660695.html

My Eternal Soul (Milwaukee)

I need tickets to all three days of the Grateful Dead shows in Chicago in July. I don't have much to offer but I'm willing to trade you my eternal soul. It's in perfect condition. It's never been used. Frankly I'll be glad to get it off my hands because it's just taking up space at this point. I'm willing to travel to get the tickets, within reason of course. I am also willing to discuss other terms and conditions but you must have tickets to all three days.

Well this is a bummer. Bought an IKEA chair for a good deal last night for $25. Asked the guy before we met if it came from a smoke free home and he said yes.... buuuut when I got home I noticed that the chair smelled a bit when you get close to it. Probably gonna sell it eventually. 

He/she has marked it down to the low low price of $750 since........dont these idiots wonder why they have to repost their stuff every day?! They just dont get that CL isnt Ebay.
No they don't, which is why they will never sell a single thing. They figure people are completely stupid and aren't researching the prices of the item(s) on eBay and other sites.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/4870388433.html

Love the selling points, carrying case is boss and memory card is sweet.

Play Station 2 - in perfect working order!!!
1 owner, me, and sad to see it go, but life's a callin'!

Comes with- 1 game - Twisted Metal Black
- three controllers - all work perfect, with rumble action!!
- Plug in adapters for AC and TV hook up!!
- Carrying Case - boss!
- memory card - sweet!
- my personal guarantee that it is awesome!!!

$50 and it's yours, no beef, let's do this!!

http://dayton.craigslist.org/vgm/4882046513.html

$250 for a bunch of old PS2 sports games.  Actually emailed him just to see if it's real and it's definitely is.  Said in the email that that's nearly what he paid for it originally(what, 12-13 years ago?).

I do have a question.  Saw a Xbox 360(looks like a old white model) w/ 2 wireless controllers, 60GB & a Kinect for $115 while digging.   Should I pass or jump on the offer?  Don't really know as I've been out of current gaming for years(just have a original Xbox & PS1).  I've seen cheaper ones locally, although they just turn out to be spam accounts.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/vgm/4882046513.html

$250 for a bunch of old PS2 sports games. Actually emailed him just to see if it's real and it's definitely is. Said in the email that that's nearly what he paid for it originally(what, 12-13 years ago?).

I do have a question. Saw a Xbox 360(looks like a old white model) w/ 2 wireless controllers, 60GB & a Kinect for $115 while digging. Should I pass or jump on the offer? Don't really know as I've been out of current gaming for years(just have a original Xbox & PS1). I've seen cheaper ones locally, although they just turn out to be spam accounts.
I would contact the seller and ask if they've had any problems with the system while they've used it. Maybe you could also ask the seller to set it up and take pictures of the system running (if they have a way to take pictures). Those are fair questions in my opinion as you want to make sure that what you're buying still works.

If you can find an older model Elite (black) system that might be better (don't know for sure so take it with a grain of salt). My personal preference would be to get a Slim (S) or Elite (E) model as they are less likely to have trouble.

For the past two weeks I've had my eyes on this Atari near my house. Guy claimed he had 40-50 games and wanted $225 or a new TV, He's re-posted it several times and finally he had it marked down to $69. My brother and I called the guy and offered $50 because we only had two sasquatch quality blurry pics of the system and games to go on. Actually got a really good deal I think.

We got a 6 switch system, 55 games, 5 controllers, an NES controller and Zapper, Atari game storage things, and a bunch of manuals and inserts (no boxes though). Only downsides are that the games and the system are dirty and the labels are damaged.

I gave my brother two of the controllers, the NES zapper and controller and the duplicate games from the lot (the ones with better labels) because he helped me out with the cost and driving there.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/vgm/4893492118.html

Luigi's Mansion for Gamecube - $75

Selling my GameCube games and this is basically my only one with any true value. Saw the asking price on Amazon for $85 and they only had 2 in stock. Save $10 with me. Cash only.

2015 and idiots still dont understand that other people can sell stuff on Amazon for whatever crazy price they want! They think its actually the company selling everything they see. 

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/vgm/4893492118.html

Luigi's Mansion for Gamecube - $75

Selling my GameCube games and this is basically my only one with any true value. Saw the asking price on Amazon for $85 and they only had 2 in stock. Save $10 with me. Cash only.

2015 and idiots still dont understand that other people can sell stuff on Amazon for whatever crazy price they want! They think its actually the company selling everything they see.
Someone must have educated him as it's $30 now.

^Yeah it was me! I emailed him- "typical CL seller who cant work the internet. You have to look at "Sold Listings" on Ebay. Anybody can ask a stupid price on Amazon! Goes for $25-$40 shipped"

bread's done
Back