Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

God damn I am done with my craigslist. I honestly don't know how any of you people find anything decent on there at all. I'm not even looking for a great bargain, just browsing to see if anyone has anything I might want at a good enough price.

Every single one of the posts in my area can be summarized by the following:

"I have four 6 year-old last gen sports titles for sale! They are all missing everything and are scratched more than a 12 year old with chickenpox. $15 each or $60 for the set!"

"I have a used xbox 1 or 2 controllers and like 12 games i dunno $200 obo."

"I have a lot of 20 video games for sale. Email me with offers."

"Hi! I'm a reseller looking for ignorant people to sell me rare hundred-dollar video games for dirt cheap! I'm posting in the main 'For Sale' section instead of the 'Wanted' section because my posts get flagged too fast over there! I'm going to act really generous and offer $10 for any of the really rare games on this list! I will also offer to look over any other games you might have, but don't worry, that's just for show; I won't ever contact you."

"USED PSP 'PHAT' DECENT CONDITION NO GAMES - $199 FIRM"

[quote name='davyd']God damn I am done with my craigslist. I honestly don't know how any of you people find anything decent on there at all. I'm not even looking for a great bargain, just browsing to see if anyone has anything I might want at a good enough price.

Every single one of the posts in my area can be summarized by the following:

"I have four 6 year-old last gen sports titles for sale! They are all missing everything and are scratched more than a 12 year old with chickenpox. $15 each or $60 for the set!"

"I have a used xbox 1 or 2 controllers and like 12 games i dunno $200 obo."

"I have a lot of 20 video games for sale. Email me with offers."

"Hi! I'm a reseller looking for ignorant people to sell me rare hundred-dollar video games for dirt cheap! I'm posting in the main 'For Sale' section instead of the 'Wanted' section because my posts get flagged too fast over there! I'm going to act really generous and offer $10 for any of the really rare games on this list! I will also offer to look over any other games you might have, but don't worry, that's just for show; I won't ever contact you."

"USED PSP 'PHAT' DECENT CONDITION NO GAMES - $199 FIRM"[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I know, and on the rare occasion that I DO find a good deal, I never get a response or it's sold within 15 minutes of it being posted...or someone offers them more and the seller takes that instead, or SOMETHING, I've gotten 1 deal off of craigslist for over 2 years of searching.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Seriously, I know, and on the rare occasion that I DO find a good deal, I never get a response or it's sold within 15 minutes of it being posted...or someone offers them more and the seller takes that instead, or SOMETHING, I've gotten 1 deal off of craigslist for over 2 years of searching.[/quote]

It is pretty tough; you have to dig, but there are deals to be had.

The two most important things are to look for people who are obviously desperate for money (be it rent, bills, whatever) and lowball the hell out of everything. That, and of course the rare postings that slip through the cracks where people obviously don't know what stuff is worth. But then, it may be also where you live; the sheer volume of Bay Area listings statistically yields some gems.

The deals come and go for me, but at the very least, I try to be somewhat fair with my offers. Thankfully, I haven't stooped to the level yet where I throw up the "I'M LOOKING FOR EVERY RARE GAME FROM NES TO THE GAMECUBE FOR $5 A POP".

[quote name='davyd']You should ask if they come with the lamp or if it's extra.[/quote]

Or if all the wishes have been used up...

[quote name='thelazyone22']It is pretty tough; you have to dig, but there are deals to be had.

The two most important things are to look for people who are obviously desperate for money (be it rent, bills, whatever) and lowball the hell out of everything. That, and of course the rare postings that slip through the cracks where people obviously don't know what stuff is worth. But then, it may be also where you live; the sheer volume of Bay Area listings statistically yields some gems.

The deals come and go for me, but at the very least, I try to be somewhat fair with my offers. Thankfully, I haven't stooped to the level yet where I throw up the "I'M LOOKING FOR EVERY RARE GAME FROM NES TO THE GAMECUBE FOR $5 A POP".[/quote]

So true. In a city as large as Los Angeles, we simply get a huge volume of listings so stuff comes up. You just have to hope you get lucky and are browsing at the right time and can make contact before anyone else.

Someone posted an earthbound for sale yesterday and I was already too late - by the time I saw it and sent the email, the posting was deleted and the email bounced.

[quote name='NGOChocolate']http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/tag/610148785.html

200 Dollars for a Gameboy Advance and Games?[/quote]

Woah woah woah, it's even worse than that. It's only 2 games, and one of them is a freaking $1 bargain bin Namco compilation. Seriously, what the eff?!?

Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP ......and more. - $200

Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-03-18, 11:44AM EDT

THIS SET INCLUDES:

NINTENDO GAMEBOY ADVANCE SP CONSOLE (CHARCOAL BLACK)

AC WALL CHARGER FOR GAMEBOY

GAME1 - SUPER MARIO BROS.3 (by super mario advance 4)

GAME2 - NAMCOMUSEUM includes: Pole Position, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, DigDug (all on one cartridge)

GAMESTAR TRAVEL POUCH

GAMESTAR GAMELINK CABLE (link up to other consoles)

GAMESTAR CONSOLE HOLDER (holds the system while you play for more support and bigger hands.

GAMESTAR SCREEN MAGNIFIER w/ORIGINAL PLASTIC on Glass

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/611529183.html

I have a 360, two wireless controllers, a charger, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and a memory card.

I need to find someone with a massive amount of Playstation games so that I may trade off. I am not such a fan of the new systems and I think it would be better to go back and get some better ones. If you have any other systems to throw in to make up for the lack of games, let me hear your offer.

Minimum 35 games. If you have alot of games made by Squaresoft, that just may take the minimum down some.

I know the 360 is a next gen console and all, but it sounds like this guy is fishing for a lot more than "oh I don't like the next gen consoles."

I mean, simple multiplication yields 35 x $10 = $350.

[quote name='thelazyone22']http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/611529183.html

I know the 360 is a next gen console and all, but it sounds like this guy is fishing for a lot more than "oh I don't like the next gen consoles."

I mean, simple multiplication yields 35 x $10 = $350.[/quote]

I have an Xbox 360 with....

-20 GB Hard drive
-256 MB Memory Card
-Two Wireless controllers
-controller charger
-Madden 07 and Elder Scrolls Oblivion

What I am looking for...
-Playstation One games and system
-Dreamcast games and system
-Super Nintendo games and system
_Possibly anything PSP related
I would like for those three to come in a package with as many games as humanly possible. The 360 bundle here is about $650 in total, so I want my moneys worth.

---------------------------------------

Wow. That bundle is worth about $650? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. What a load of shit.

[quote name='zegota']Okay, this is getting ridiculous ;-)

http://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/608216454.html[/quote]

[quote name='karkyco']I have an Xbox 360 with....

-20 GB Hard drive
-256 MB Memory Card
-Two Wireless controllers
-controller charger
-Madden 07 and Elder Scrolls Oblivion

What I am looking for...
-Playstation One games and system
-Dreamcast games and system
-Super Nintendo games and system
_Possibly anything PSP related
I would like for those three to come in a package with as many games as humanly possible. The 360 bundle here is about $650 in total, so I want my moneys worth.

---------------------------------------

Wow. That bundle is worth about $650? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. What a load of shit.[/quote]

Wow!! That is barely worth $650 NEW!! I got my 360 with more than that for $330 shipped on Ebay. Just reading his post..."I would like for those three to come in a package with as many games as humanly possible." makes me want to punch him in the face.

Non-gaming but still funny.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/tag/611989724.html

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen dolls and accessories. - $100

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen dolls. Mary-Kate and Ashley Doll clothing and accessories.
Bedroom set and entertainment center set. $100 for all. Everything in excellent condition.
Great for EASTER!!!!

:roll: On top of that the same lady has three other lots of dolls for $100 each.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/tag/611998688.html
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/tag/611953634.html
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/tag/611942239.html

[quote name='spoo']Non-gaming but still funny.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/tag/611989724.html

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen dolls and accessories. - $100

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen dolls. Mary-Kate and Ashley Doll clothing and accessories.
Bedroom set and entertainment center set. $100 for all. Everything in excellent condition.
Great for EASTER!!!!

[/quote]

haahaha, I was expecting to find a couple of old Troll dolls when I opened that link. I didn't know there were actual Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen dolls. But then again, they've marketed and licensed themselves out on anything and everything they possibly could.

[quote name='Sinnbox']http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/wan/615351101.html

LOL what a lowballer!![/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I want a PS3, but I wouldn't insult people with such a low offer and expect the damn thing to work. But, if I could find a dead system for that price with the warranty seal intact, you better believe I'd buy it because I could ship it off to Sony and have them repair it for $140 or whatever the hell they're charging now.

I put up an ad wanting a PS3 for $275($300 if they'd come up from 30 miles away to lemme test it at my friends house), for which I've had a couple 'offers' from scammers, a couple 'fuck you' e-mails and one offer which I thought was genuine but has disappeared completely.

I know I'm never going to get one for that cheap unless it's some insane price error at a store, so I might as well just give up for now.

[quote name='NGOChocolate']http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/tag/610148785.html

200 Dollars for a Gameboy Advance and Games?[/quote]

The best part is his knowledge about the system and its accessories like how the link cable works, and so on.

It's even more shocking when you read it bottom up.

It goes in your head like this

"Wow, this guys seems to know what he has and how it works. Not some grandpa or mom selling there son's gba here. The Lister typed well, and it easy to follow. Little to no grammar mistakes.

Its gotta be in decent shape do to its holders and even a Magnifying!!!, that's strange...I know, I know what's going on here, we 've all ended with gifts and extras that we don't want, oh well, everything else seems to be an order--link cord (useful for the 4 swords at least) not much else, but he seems knows they are hard to find because of the earlier explanation about it.

And now let's move up to Check on the 'games' "the deal or no deal" aspect of any online system bundles. What will it be?Damn -------- older cheap games, but one great game, and one OK game. Not bad. Nice starter for some a lot late to the GBA party. Hmmm? No mention of cases, eh how many people that are causal gamers would actually keep GBA game cases, I assumed most gba won't have cases, most I assume just toss those flimsy cardboard boxes right in the trash. Non mint games 10 bucks. gameplay-wise not a bad 2 games to have.

its got an ac adapter cool easy charge. This poster knows about long hand-held gaming sessions on the toilet or in bed. No batteries for this guy. Alright likes good games, seems to take care of his system and games, very well written/knowledgeable, even a decent preview of what the link cord can do.

All right now look at the price (being sold by I assume, by a late teens-early 20s perhaps even older) I bet it will be reasonable maybe a little cheap, or maybe a little expensive, to see if he can reel someone "less-in-know" to pay a few extra bucks. Well he was really honest during the posting and provided more info than was need. So I say used gba sp-40 bucks, those games used-12 bucks, the extras-8 bucks, link cable kinda hard to find retails for 14 if you can find it, he'll take on 20 bucks. So if he's being honest with the price 80 bucks. meh. Probably think that is little steep I'll wage 70-75. If he's trying to bait some moms, then I would say 90-100.

Well lets just look at the price and.................:bomb:oH.......:bomb::bomb:MY.....:bomb::bomb::bomb:GOD!!!!!!!!!!! :hot:"

This is the best deal I have ever had the pleasure of ever viewing. :drool:

This guy doesnt want to deal with eBay but he does want eBay prices :roll:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/617301895.html

Final Fantasy VII and other rare RPG games.
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-03-24, 3:24PM PDT

Firs of all, I have sold similar items on ebay a lot so I know what they go for and I'm firm on the price so I will not go any lower on the price. I'm just too lazy to deal with ebay, paypal, shipping etc. if I don't sell a lot here I'll just sell it on ebay. I'm also interested in trades such as Magna Carta for the PS2 but it has to be the deluxe box set in mint condition that comes with the artbook.

The games for sale are:
Wild Arms 4 - 30$
Final Fantasy VII - 70$
Tales of Destiny - 35$
Chrono Cross - 12$
Parasite Eve - 20$
Secret of Evermore - 25$

The condition of the games:

Wild Arms 4: Good condition, missing instruction booklet.

Final Fantasy VII: Mint condition, original black label, black disc, complete.

Tales of Destiny: The case is cracked (I can replace it for 2$), the disc has some light scratches and smudges but it works fine, missing instruction manual. This game sells for more than 60$ on ebay if it's complete and in mind condition, but since it does work I'm asking for 35$.

Chrono Cross: Complete, cd 1 has some light scratches, cd 2 is in near mint condition.

Parasite Eve: Mint condition case, disc 1 is in mint conditon, disc 2 has very few light scratches it's in good conditon, comes with instruction booklet but is missing a demo disc which is not important to the game.

Secret of Evermore: It's even hard finding this with the box on ebay, right now theres only 5 listing on ebay, so it's hard to find. The game works fine and is in very good condition, missing instruction booklet. The box is not in perfect shape but it's not bad as you can see in the picture.

If you plan on buying them you must meet in burien or south center, the prices are firm unless you plan on buying all of them which I'll sell for 150$ and I'm firm on that price as well. E-mail me if interested, and serious buyers only.

01020601161301040320080324bb625b886f7e1d9b590040e1.jpg
010112011501010206200803248c0e9ffdc1c74316f700383f.jpg
0101100102070104122008032414abd00db972c65b8a00d532.jpg
01010301150201160720080324b3d5b6ab39b720f36a00e966.jpg

I always see used PS3's listed for near or even above their retail price on there. Today I saw a used 80 GB for $550, I expected to see at least a couple games thrown in but there was only one and no other extras. I wonder if they know about the Metal Gear Solid bundle coming at the same price?

Actually this tops it: http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/617500401.html
9 Sports games, all at least 6 years old for $100.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/sys/619175901.html

Dual 19" Viewsonic Monitors & HP DC5100MT Tower - $1000
Date: 2008-03-26, 9:26AM CDT

HP DC5100 Tower:
Pentium 4 3.20GHz CPU
4GB DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon X1300 256MB DDR2 Video RAM
320GB 5,400 RPM HDD
40GB 5,400 RPM HDD
(2) Viewsonic 19" lcd monitors
Windows XP Professional*
Ubuntu 7.10*

*I have Windows on the 320GB HDD and Ubuntu installed on the 40GB HDD.

Games Included:
Star Craft
Star Craft: Expansion
War Craft III
War Craft III: Expansion
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Halo: CE
Tomb Raider: The Last Revalation

Software Included:
Ubuntu 7.10 install disc
Roxio software
ATI driver disc.

email me for pictures, the resolution is too big to add to this ad. I did make a modifacation to the tower I will show and explain in the pictures.

An obsolete "gaming" system with 2 monitors that I could build a brand new C2D 8800 system with 2 new WS monitors for that price.

Date: 2008-03-25, 9:21PM EDT

i am selling a modd psp come with over 55 games free inside the 1GB memory card and the psp ucb cord and the psp charger with 5 games from ps1 and xbox also the rock band drum set and over 500 yu-gi-oh cards with 35 rare cards all this for $600 or you can trade me a working xbox 360 and a wii or xbox360 and a ps3. its not a bad trade because a used 360 is $200 and a used wii is $240 and a used ps3 is $320 so yea(if you want to trade cool but buy with cash i only take money up front or send me the money) !NO CHECKS! !NO CHECKS! !NO CHECKS

if any more questions e-mail me
  • it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 618755282
Modded PSP with 55 Illegal Roms (i.e. "GAMES") all for the low low price of $600 and he throws in some random useless garbage to go with it. I don't speak retard so its somewhat hard to translate, I'm not sure why it includes a rock band drum set or yugioh cards.

There was a guy selling Final Fantasy VII for Playstation for $70. I looked on Amazon, and that seems to be the going rate. Is this true? I would think that the best selling game for PS1 would be pretty common. Or are people not giving up their copy for nostalgic reasons? It seems to me that Final Fantasy is a game you only play once.

[quote name='Cognitive Dissonance']There was a guy selling Final Fantasy VII for Playstation for $70. I looked on Amazon, and that seems to be the going rate. Is this true? I would think that the best selling game for PS1 would be pretty common. Or are people not giving up their copy for nostalgic reasons? It seems to me that Final Fantasy is a game you only play once.[/quote]

2 reasons:

1. It's the non-greatest hits version and all the "collectors" don't want the GH strip on their games. My guess is 1/3 if not more of the FF7 copies produced are GH.

2. Supply and demand, the only place you can really get FF7 anymore is online and with only so many copies available at one time and a consistent demand for them the price has continued to rise.

[quote name='Tecka']Just emailed him offering 30 bucks lets see what he says.[/quote]

HAHAHA nice. You should inform that clown that used GC's are near worthless, maybe $30-40 at best, and those games are all garbage.

[quote name='karkyco']HAHAHA nice. You should inform that clown that used GC's are near worthless, maybe $30-40 at best, and those games are all garbage.[/quote]

Dont worry I did :D

[quote name='zionoverfire']2 reasons:

1. It's the non-greatest hits version and all the "collectors" don't want the GH strip on their games. My guess is 1/3 if not more of the FF7 copies produced are GH.

2. Supply and demand, the only place you can really get FF7 anymore is online and with only so many copies available at one time and a consistent demand for them the price has continued to rise.[/quote]

I'm willing to also bet that with all the spinoffs alot of ppl want to play the original.

In this way games have it much harder then movies - movies can keep milking the original while pumping out sequels.

I wonder if I'll live to see the day when console technology slows down to the pace that movie technology is now at.

[quote name='aea414']http://sarasota.craigslist.org/ele/620843342.html

PS3 4 controllers and 3 games. 80gb hard drive plus 5 blu-ray disc movies some still in orignal package never opened 800.00 obo[/quote]

I fail to see how thats stupid -- $500 console, 3x controllers @ $50 each, 5 blu-ray @ $20 each, 3 games @ a conservative 40 each is $870, and there's no tax on it...so, you're probably about even with buying it in the store with the 5-free BR deal, and its "obo" meaning he'd probably take about $600-700. Not a bad deal at all.

Yeah, those sure are some rare games. These prices are insane, especially since many are disc only and no doubt scratched to hell...I definitely know you can still get Final Fantasy Origins brand new/sealed for no more than $20.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tag/615077992.html

L.A. Rare Video Games - Take a Look Playstation (updated)

Date: 2008-03-22, 1:21PM PDT

Hello

I have a number of rare and out of print Sony Playstation video games for sale. These will all work on PS1, PS2, and most PS3 systems and are considered to be "Black Label" games unless otherwise noted as "Greatest Hits". My inventory is updated very frequently, so you may wish to bookmark this page and check back in later if I don't have anything that suits your needs. Also, I take requests for games too so if there's something you want lemme know and I'll see if I can get it for you. Additionally, I buy games with cash too, so if you have something you're looking to get rid of send me an e-mail. Here is my current inventory (AS OF 12:00PM THURSDAY):

COMPLETE Sony Playstation 1 System: Everything you need to play any of the rare games below. Controller, memory card, a/v cables, and power cables. Great working system - $10
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis: Game disc in excellent condition but does not include instruction booklet or original case - $30
Final Fantasy Tactics: Complete with good condition disc, instruction booklet, and original case. Greatest hits edition - $30 (rare Strategy Guide also available for $30)
Assault Rigs: Game disc only in good condition - $20
NEW SEALED Final Fantasy Origins: Original black label with factory seal, perfect condition. Great addition to a Final Fantasy collection - $35
Clock Tower: One of the earliest PS1 survival horror style games, this game is very creepy! Technically it is just the game disc in a case, but the cover art and instructions have been reprinted - $35
X-Men vs. Street Figher: Highly sought after fighting game, one of the first of its kind on the PS1. Includes original case and instruction booklet - $65
Vanguard Bandits: Game discs only, very rare RPG style game - $40
Einhander: Very rare Squaresoft side-scrolling space shooter game. Personally I think this is as good as this genre gets. Very fine game - $65
Star Ocean 2: Great condition discs with original case and instructions. If it weren't for Final Fantasy 7, this game would be my favorite RPG and it went under the radar for so many people. Excellent title! - $45
Legend of Legaia: Another good RPG with original two-disc case (even though it's a single disc game). Game disc in good condition, does not include original instructions. A few good spins on the RPG formula in this one - $40
Marvel vs. Street Fighter: Another excellent and highly sought after fighting game. Just the game disc only in a jewel case - $50
Rival Schools: Another fighting title with a cult following, you can't go wrong with this one. Includes original case and instructions - $40
Bust a Groove: Very rare dance/rhythm game similar to Parappa the Rapper. Complete with booklet and original case, extremely hard to find - $60

Please e-mail me for a quick response as I am at my computer throughout the day and am able to meet for pickup most anytime. Thank you for looking and remember to check back!

bread's done
Back