Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

IT CAME FROM CRAIGSLIST!

Here's a good reason not to "drink and post" on craigslist;

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/721443556.html

Nintendo Wii with 138 games (wii and gamecube) - $3000 (IRVINE)

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-06-16, 7:26AM PDT

I am selling my Nintendo Wii with 138 games (gamecube and wii). Please email me for more info.

I will list all game names if any one is seriously going to buy.

Games include hits such as: Mario Kart Wii, No More Heroes Wii, Mario Galaxy Wii.. and the such.

$3000? Seriously? Besides the listed games, I wouldn't be surprised if the package included a boatload of Maddens and various sports games.

Now we have someone who doesn't know that Microsoft basically treated the OG XBox like a whale near the waters of Japan once the 360 came out;

MINT XBOX REGULAR WITH 2 CONTROLLERS - $150 (mission viejo)

Date: 2008-06-15, 9:25PM PDT

great condition. works great.

2 controllers included
games $15 extra email for lists

the only thing is i dont have the power cord so you would have to buy one other than that its great

please no scammers or emails about mailing

email at [email protected]
email for pics also
thank you and have a great day :)

I think I've actually seen some barebones 360 consoles sell for less on craigslist. :roll:

Now we've got another "flipping" idiot who thinks they're a modern day Rockafeller.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/720834496.html

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 LIMITED EDITION GAME RARE! - $135 (Diamond Bar, Brea, Walnut)

Date: 2008-06-15, 2:18PM PDT

I have 6 copies of Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition from Gamestop. It is a Gamestop exclusive that is sold out and hard to find. I'm selling it now for $135, which includes the MGS4 artbook for the first 4 buyers only. Please call 310-:drool::drool::drool:-7158 if you have any questions. These will go fast.

Sold out my ass. I've been running around to more than few GSs over the past few days and they still have a bunch of these LEs. Judging by Konami's perception over the word "Limited", I think they used the momentum that resellers gained from the MGS3S LE in order to persuade gamers to buy anything labeled "Limited" when in reality they were anything but. To make matters worse, the only fucking thing I really wanted in a "Limited" edition was a posable Old Snake figure and whaddayaknow, it's only available through a European game retailer that refused to ship outside the UK. Thanks a lot Konami.:bs:

Oh....and....uh....that last guy's definitely a douchebag. ;)

UPDATE:

The poster trying to unload the Wii and 138 games is now down to $2500;
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/723353423.html

I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing this poster over the next few months. :p

Break out the barf bags, it's more overpriced shit from craigslist!
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/723522135.html

XBOX and 6 GAMES FOR SALE!!! - $300 (Mission Viejo)

Date: 2008-06-17, 4:34PM PDT

So, I need to make a health insurance payment for this upcoming month, and I thought the best way to do it would be to sell an old xbox and a few games.

-Brothers in Arms (1 and 2)
-Mercenaries
-NCAA Football 2007
-Full Spectrum Warrior
-Tiger Woods Golf
-NCAA Basketball 2006
-Two controllers

Let me know if you're interested! Thanks!

:hot:
I would find this overpriced if the poster was trying to sell and XBox 360. I truly wonder WTF these people are thinking. Do people like this even know what EBay is?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/723621789.html

metal gear solid 4 head - $80 (santa ana)

Date: 2008-06-17, 6:14PM PDT

limited edition metal gear solid headset new unopened
call pierre at 714-315-2888

I'm just going to wing this one;

1. The headset is made by Pelican
2. The MSRP is already overpriced
3. $80 for anything made by Pelican is criminal
4. The headset is made by Pelican (Emphasis on this one)
5. Genuine garbage Pelican quality assurance

If anyone has heard the sound quality review of this headset, you'll truly understand why I believe this poster needs to be sent to ICC in the Hague for crimes against humanity. Shit, even the bluetooth headset included with Warhawk beats the living daylights out of this piece of shit. Shame on Konami for allowing such a sleek earpiece to fall into the hands of Pelican. Bad Konami.

Flagged off twice already, this guy is a real glutton for punishment. And he wonders why he's getting flagged off, LOL (my emphasis in bold...oooh, he took out his original rude comment of "these prices are firm so if you don't like them, too bad because I would rather just keep the games"):

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ele/724305011.html

nintendo and super nintendo games - $15 (downey ca)

Why am I being flagged!? someone please email me and tell me. I would love to hear why.

I have a lot of games for sale prices vary on the game and system. I've had most of these for 15 years and they are in great working condition. These games have a lot of value to me. I'd rather keep them over selling them at low prices. So if your a die hard vintage gamer and grew up in the 80s like me then here is game heaven. 80s and 90s games are the best. My collection is supreme and super picky, almost all my games were super hits.

Nintendo Games Nes,

The Legend of Zelda. $15
The Adventures of Link Zelda II. $15
Star Wars. $15
Metal Gear. $15
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. $15
Super Mario Bros with Duck Hunt. $10
Super Spike V' Ball with Nintendo World Cup. $15
Target Renegade. $10
Cobra Triangle. $10
Faxanadu. $10
Slalom. $10
Trog. $10
Gyromite. $10
Desert Commander. $10
Battle Chess. $10
John Elways Quarterback. $10
Baseball Stars. $10
Adventures of Lolo. $10
Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. $15
Tetris Complete in Box Mint condition. $25
Jackal Complete in Box Mint condition. $25
Metroid in box. $20
Marble Madness in box. $20
Castlevania 2 Simons Quest in box. $20
Super Mario Bros 3 complete in box. $25
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 The Arcade Game in box. $15

Super Nintendo games Snes,

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in box with world map! $30
Mortal Combat Competition Edition in box mint! $30
Mortal Combat 3 in box near mint! $30
Final Fight in box. $25
Star Trek Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator in box. $20
Star Trek Deep Space Nine Crossroads of Time in box. $20
Star Trek The Next Generation Futures Past in box. $20
Street Fighter 2 in box. $25
Sim Earth The Living Planet in box. $20
Donkey Kong 2 Diddy's Kong Quest in box. $25
Super Mario World in box. $30
Street Fighter 2 complete in box. $30
The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past. $20
Killer Instinct. $20
Star Fox. $20
Zombies Ate my Neighbors. $20
Final Fantasy 3. $25
Super Metroid. $25
Illusion of Gaia. $15 (needs new battery for memory)
Out of this World. $20

Sega Genesis games,

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. $20
Monopoly. $15
Menacer. $15
32x Doom. $20
Bass Masters Classic Pro Edition. $15
Jurassic Park Rampage Edition. $20
Sonic & Knuckles. $20
Madden Nfl '97. in case. $25
Bulls Vs Blazers and The Nba Playoffs in case. $25
Techmo Super Bowl in case. $25
Mortal Kombat in case. $25
Risk in case. $25
R.b.i Baseball '93 in case. $25
Pga European Tour in case. $25
Fifa International Soccer in case. $25

Windows Pc Game, Final Fantasy XI online with 30 days free. $10

Sega Genesis complete system with two controllers. $50

Playstation one complete system with two controllers. $50

Super Nintendo Fighter Stick control. $20

iphone unlock + hack service, add tons of games and programs for free once hacked. $50

Speed up your computer secure and remove virus. $50

I have more still editing...thanks for looking.

-Alex
Cell, 559-:roll::roll::roll:-0516 (just moved to Downey Ca, pick up here)

LOL, somebody responded to the guy above:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tag/724313087.html

You're being flagged because you're a douchebag and an asshole.

Your prices are ridiculous, and you have the nerve to say the prices are firm when they're so damn overpriced? THAT's why you're getting flagged.

Stop listing them because no one will pay you those ridiculous, outrageously high prices you are asking - take you own advice and keep your precious games, in fact, SHOVE THEM UP YOUR ASS DOWNEY BOY!!!

Nintendo Game Cube and 1 game - $65 (Leavenworth/KCK)

Date: 2008-05-09, 6:08PM CDT

I have a Nintendo Game Cube for sale. I bought it for my 6 year old daughter and she doesn't like playing it. (Maybe been played a handful of times) So I would like to sale it and a game called Monkey Balls. It is very clean. Email me if you are interested. Thank you.

actually a pretty sweet deal if you factor the retail for monkey balls

[quote name='Jon Bon']actually a pretty sweet deal if you factor the retail for monkey balls[/quote]

not only that, but they're clean monkey balls.

[quote name='karkyco']LOL, somebody responded to the guy above:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tag/724313087.html

You're being flagged because you're a douchebag and an asshole.

Your prices are ridiculous, and you have the nerve to say the prices are firm when they're so damn overpriced? THAT's why you're getting flagged.

Stop listing them because no one will pay you those ridiculous, outrageously high prices you are asking - take you own advice and keep your precious games, in fact, SHOVE THEM UP YOUR ASS DOWNEY BOY!!![/QUOTE]

Why would someone flag a post for having overpriced stuff? It's their price and they can set it at whatever they feel is fair price (even if it is way overpriced). Hell, I could flag 99.9% of the posts on craigslist.org because I do not value their merchandise as much as they do.

[quote name='karkyco']Flagged off twice already, this guy is a real glutton for punishment. And he wonders why he's getting flagged off, LOL (my emphasis in bold...oooh, he took out his original rude comment of "these prices are firm so if you don't like them, too bad because I would rather just keep the games"):[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy III is the only game that isn't way overpriced at $25 compared to eBay but I'm sure if this guy realized that then he would mark it up to at least $50. Elway Football on the NES for $10? I was thinking of listing some NES games I don't need on Craigslist and I was gonna sell this one for a buck and wouldn't expect it to be a hot item at that price around here. Sonic 2 at $20 is so funny since it's one of (if not the) most common Genesis games. I saw someone buying a cart only Sonic 2 at $3-4 recently and I though that was the ritz :D

[quote name='unforeseen']Why would someone flag a post for having overpriced stuff? It's their price and they can set it at whatever they feel is fair price (even if it is way overpriced). Hell, I could flag 99.9% of the posts on craigslist.org because I do not value their merchandise as much as they do.[/QUOTE]

I had something listed on CL once for $100. Someone emailed me and offered $30. I politely responded thanks but I'm not interested. They responded saying I would never get $100, your lucky I offered 30 blah blah etc. I told him it was my item and I can chose to list it for what I want. Didn't get a response after that.

I flag Wii Fits that people are just trying to profit on though.

[quote name='unforeseen']Why would someone flag a post for having overpriced stuff? It's their price and they can set it at whatever they feel is fair price (even if it is way overpriced). Hell, I could flag 99.9% of the posts on craigslist.org because I do not value their merchandise as much as they do.[/quote]

Exactly how I feel.

Honestly, how hard is it to differentiate between the words "sell" and "sale?"

Or "there," "their," and "they're?"

Or "to" and "too?"

Or "here" and "hear?"

Every page I visit on craigslist has MULTIPLE offenses.

And to think people still complain about standardized testing in high schools…

Hey, apparently a lot of people do flag if items are way overpriced, because the guy was complaining about being flagged twice, and that complaint message is gone now too. It would be pretty funny if there was an "Overpriced" or "Rip off" flag button.

He has the same list up, but without the obnoxious comments (oops, looks like that one got flagged off too, so 4 times now). Perhaps that's why he was flagged in the first place, his attitude, and not the pricing?

Spoke too soon. Here he is again. This time, he's willing to trade 1 for 1 for Ico or Okami. What a deal!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ele/725532997.html

BTW, here's another guy that has posted overpriced NES, SNES, and N64 games for months. All cart only. He doesn't get flagged. So it's not just the overpricing, I think it was the attitude. I wish I had saved the original message that other guy put up.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/tag/725554864.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/tag/717117458.html

And here's a goofball with some very strange pricing. Some are priced pretty well, others, I just don't understand why the higher price. Captain America and the Avengers for SNES, $7? That game was beyond horrible.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/722507407.html

Here, before it gets flagged again (added my own :hot: for the truly deranged prices). Note he "needs to make some cash"...apparently he doesn't, if he expects to sell any of these games at these ridiculous prices:

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo, Playstation, Final Fantasy (Downey Ca)

Date: 2008-06-19, 12:04PM PDT

I want these two games: "ico" and "okami" if you have them, trade u game for game. I will not trade for anything but those two games.

I've had most of these games for 15-20 years and they are in great working order. They have a lot of value to me but I need to make some cash. If your a die hard vintage gamer this is heaven! 80s and 90s games are the best, they don't make them like this anymore. This collection is supreme and super exclusive, all my games were super hits and very popular.

Nintendo Games Nes (pretty much put a :hot: after every game),

The Legend of Zelda. $15
The Adventures of Link Zelda II. $15
Star Wars. $15
Metal Gear. $15
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. $15
Super Mario Bros with Duck Hunt. $10 :hot:
Super Spike V' Ball with Nintendo World Cup. $15 :hot:
Target Renegade. $10
Cobra Triangle. $10
Faxanadu. $10
Slalom. $10
Trog. $10
Gyromite. $10
Desert Commander. $10
Battle Chess. $10 :hot:
John Elways Quarterback. $10 :hot::hot::hot:
Baseball Stars. $10 :hot::hot:
Adventures of Lolo. $10
Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back. $15 :hot::hot::hot:
Tetris Complete in Box Mint condition. $25 :hot:
Jackal Complete in Box Mint condition. $25 :hot:
Metroid in box. $20
Marble Madness in box. $20
Castlevania 2 Simons Quest in box. $20
Super Mario Bros 3 complete in box. $25
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 The Arcade Game in box. $15

Super Nintendo games Snes (many more :hot:'s needed),

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in box with world map! $30 :hot::hot::hot:
Mortal Combat Competition Edition in box mint! $30 :hot::hot::hot:
Mortal Combat 3 in box near mint! $30 :hot::hot::hot:
Final Fight in box. $25 :hot::hot:
Star Trek Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator in box. $20 :hot:
Star Trek Deep Space Nine Crossroads of Time in box. $20 :hot:
Star Trek The Next Generation Futures Past in box. $20 :hot:
Street Fighter 2 in box. $25 :hot::hot:
Sim Earth The Living Planet in box. $20 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:
Donkey Kong 2 Diddy's Kong Quest in box. $25 :hot:
Super Mario World in box. $30 :hot::hot::hot:
Street Fighter 2 complete in box. $30 :hot::hot::hot:
The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past. $20
Killer Instinct. $20
Star Fox. $20
Zombies Ate my Neighbors. $20
Final Fantasy 3. $25
Super Metroid. $25
Illusion of Gaia. $15 (needs new battery for memory)
Out of this World. $20

Sega Genesis games,

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. $20
Monopoly. $15
Menacer. $15
32x Doom. $20
Bass Masters Classic Pro Edition. $15
Jurassic Park Rampage Edition. $20
Sonic & Knuckles. $20
Madden Nfl '97. in case. $25 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:
Bulls Vs Blazers and The Nba Playoffs in case. $25 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:
Techmo Super Bowl in case. $25
Mortal Kombat in case. $25
Risk in case. $25
R.b.i Baseball '93 in case. $25 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:
Pga European Tour in case. $25 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:
Fifa International Soccer in case. $25 :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

This is both tragic and funny, but i saw a guy who posts a trade and want list on craigslist last week. I traded a few things with him and got chrono trigger, but whats funny is he has a craigslist stalker.. The same guy flags his posting of his trade list every time, then copies it and reposts it with his email address so he gets all the mail and the guy i traded with cant contact anyone whos in interested in his stuff.

He even stole the dudes want list numerous time, word for word. he just reformats it a bit.

[quote name='karkyco']BTW, here's another guy that has posted overpriced NES, SNES, and N64 games for months. All cart only. He doesn't get flagged. So it's not just the overpricing, I think it was the attitude. I wish I had saved the original message that other guy put up.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/tag/725554864.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/tag/717117458.html

And here's a goofball with some very strange pricing. Some are priced pretty well, others, I just don't understand why the higher price. Captain America and the Avengers for SNES, $7? That game was beyond horrible.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/722507407.html[/QUOTE]

Pricey on most stuff but some of the NES games at $3 are reasonable, $3 for Adventuers of Lolo is a good I'd say and Bucky O' Hare is also good at $3! Neither of those craigslist posters are way over the top IMO like the first guy you posted about.

Why do people waste their time listing a console without mentioning the games that are included? You see people all the time say "I'll list them later," but how often does that happen? The games are the most important part in any bundle, considering that is what makes the bundle WORTHWHILE. If I just wanted the system, I'd just buy the system.

Also, stuff like -

"The system has a power cord, but could use a new one cuz it has a short and you really have to wiggle it around to get it to work! You can most likely find on at neilson's or some place like that for little. I think we have 4 controllers with it as well."

How could the number of controllers not be an important detail?

http://kpr.craigslist.org/ele/726695260.html

[quote name='captmurphy']Why do people waste their time listing a console without mentioning the games that are included? You see people all the time say "I'll list them later," but how often does that happen? The games are the most important part in any bundle, considering that is what makes the bundle WORTHWHILE. If I just wanted the system, I'd just buy the system.

http://kpr.craigslist.org/ele/726695260.html[/QUOTE]

Why else would they list the games later? They know they have crap and no one would reply.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tag/726623296.html

FFVII for $100. Eh.

This one's a little more interesting: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/726689406.html

A S*** TON of complete SNES games, which what looks like 2 or 3 complete Chrono Triggers. *cries* He's charging (probably) $100 for 'em. On top of that, from the picture I can make out the following:

Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
FF Mystic Quest
Chrono Trigger
Contra III (?)
Castlevania X
Illusion of Gaia (*epic droolz*)
DKC1 & probably 2

Again, they're all complete and look minty. :(

[quote name='punkmaggit']http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tag/726623296.html

FFVII for $100. Eh.

This one's a little more interesting: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/726689406.html

A S*** TON of complete SNES games, which what looks like 2 or 3 complete Chrono Triggers. *cries* He's charging (probably) $100 for 'em. On top of that, from the picture I can make out the following:

Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
FF Mystic Quest
Chrono Trigger
Contra III (?)
Castlevania X
DKC1 & probably 2

Again, they're all complete and look minty. :([/QUOTE]

its tough to find a good deal on craigslist in seattle. in moving in two weeks but after three years of craigslisting i finally found a guy who found a box of snes games and one of those was chrono trigger with manual for 3 bucks.

[quote name='punkmaggit']http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tag/726623296.html

FFVII for $100. Eh.

Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
FF Mystic Quest
Chrono Trigger
Contra III (?)
Castlevania X
DKC1 & probably 2

Again, they're all complete and look minty. :([/quote]

Oh my God I wish that second fool was in LA.

Your call guys, what to do next here:

I responded to this:

http://greenville.craigslist.org/tag/725906986.html

and told him: I have this game I don't mind selling, let me know if you want it, how much do you want to pay for it?"

He says: "How much are you looking?"

I say "Oh I have no idea, what's it worth you you?"

and he says "$20"

What now? Drop it or respond with something else?

[quote name='Cmosfm']Your call guys, what to do next here:

I responded to this:

http://greenville.craigslist.org/tag/725906986.html

and told him: I have this game I don't mind selling, let me know if you want it, how much do you want to pay for it?"

He says: "How much are you looking?"

I say "Oh I have no idea, what's it worth you you?"

and he says "$20"

What now? Drop it or respond with something else?[/quote]

You said you have no idea, do you expect the guy to want to pay full price? Drop it unless you want to look like a tard, because you obviously know what it's worth.

[quote name='Samus']You said you have no idea, do you expect the guy to want to pay full price? Drop it unless you want to look like a tard, because you obviously know what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input.

Dont have a link to it, but I remember a while back, seeing a black label FFVII with writing on the disks for $75. No manuels either. Oh, and it was for only disk 1 and 2.

ROFL
not from craigslist but the West Virginia Mountaineer Trader

Tetris game for 1989 Nintendo Game Boy in original box $45

LOL
Nintendo Game Cube with two controllers (one wireless) 2 memory cards and 6 games including ghost recon 2, second sight, prince of persia and 3 more $400

I bought a will console to play with my wife before 4 months. But we can not do that. We did not have time. So we intended to sell this. This is like new

Including
Wii console and all parts
Remote controller(2) + Bunchuk Controller(2)
Classice controller (2)
Memory card 2G
Wii coin 20$ in a console if you have wiress internet, you can acquire classic games( I aready have 4 classic games in a console)
Wii sport(1)

Game cd(6)
1. Super Paper Mario
2. Samurai Warriors
3. Need for speed Pro street
4. Sonic and the secret Rings
5. My Word Coach
6. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Let me know if you have any questions. Notice I do not receive a calling that I do not know phone numer. You can send me email.

All for only $400.

[quote name='yourlefthand']I bought a will console to play with my wife before 4 months. But we can not do that. We did not have time. So we intended to sell this. This is like new

Including
Wii console and all parts
Remote controller(2) + Bunchuk Controller(2)
Classice controller (2)
Memory card 2G
Wii coin 20$ in a console if you have wiress internet, you can acquire classic games( I aready have 4 classic games in a console)
Wii sport(1)

Game cd(6)
1. Super Paper Mario
2. Samurai Warriors
3. Need for speed Pro street
4. Sonic and the secret Rings
5. My Word Coach
6. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Let me know if you have any questions. Notice I do not receive a calling that I do not know phone numer. You can send me email.

All for only $400.[/quote] That is a good deal for the people who are still wii hunting. I've seen people selling just a wii with no extras for $350.

bread's done
Back