Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Yeah I usually have pretty bad luck with Craigslist. I mean I'll get my stuff sold but I'll have to deal with alot of idiots before I meet someone who can read. For example I got a pair of really expensive Shure headphones, store retail is like $500 or something. Unfortunately I have no use for such nice headphones so I try to sell them on Craigslist for a reasonable price, I match the lowest priced on the internet which at the time was $300 and cut it $10 since they're already getting a good deal since there's no tax/shipping. I note in the ad that I am reasonable however lowball offers will not get a response because I'm not desperate to get rid of them. I get some bone head who offers me $70, I ignore his email because frankly I'd rather keep the things than sell them for that low. I get another email from a guy saying that he saw them cheaper online and provides the website, it's some no name sketch website that probably doesn't even have them in stock. So I knock off another $30 off the price to beat this online competitor, then the idiots responds all I can offer is $70. It was the same idiot who emailed me except he used two different email addresses.

ahhh the joy of dealin' with Craigslist gotta love it!!! :applause:

[quote name='Naramie']Yeah I usually have pretty bad luck with Craigslist. I mean I'll get my stuff sold but I'll have to deal with alot of idiots before I meet someone who can read. For example I got a pair of really expensive Shure headphones, store retail is like $500 or something. Unfortunately I have no use for such nice headphones so I try to sell them on Craigslist for a reasonable price, I match the lowest priced on the internet which at the time was $300 and cut it $10 since they're already getting a good deal since there's no tax/shipping. I note in the ad that I am reasonable however lowball offers will not get a response because I'm not desperate to get rid of them. I get some bone head who offers me $70, I ignore his email because frankly I'd rather keep the things than sell them for that low. I get another email from a guy saying that he saw them cheaper online and provides the website, it's some no name sketch website that probably doesn't even have them in stock. So I knock off another $30 off the price to beat this online competitor, then the idiots responds all I can offer is $70. It was the same idiot who emailed me except he used two different email addresses.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Naramie']Yeah I usually have pretty bad luck with Craigslist. I mean I'll get my stuff sold but I'll have to deal with alot of idiots before I meet someone who can read. For example I got a pair of really expensive Shure headphones, store retail is like $500 or something. Unfortunately I have no use for such nice headphones so I try to sell them on Craigslist for a reasonable price, I match the lowest priced on the internet which at the time was $300 and cut it $10 since they're already getting a good deal since there's no tax/shipping. I note in the ad that I am reasonable however lowball offers will not get a response because I'm not desperate to get rid of them. I get some bone head who offers me $70, I ignore his email because frankly I'd rather keep the things than sell them for that low. I get another email from a guy saying that he saw them cheaper online and provides the website, it's some no name sketch website that probably doesn't even have them in stock. So I knock off another $30 off the price to beat this online competitor, then the idiots responds all I can offer is $70. It was the same idiot who emailed me except he used two different email addresses.[/QUOTE]
So lemme get this straight:
You were trying to sell a $300 item for $290 and are surprised you couldn't? Lord knows I want to trust a random stranger with that kind of cash rather than a legit business I can contact if there is a problem. :roll:

read this listing very carefully..

Wii + Games and Ps2 + Games - $1000

I am selling Both a Wii with games and a Ps2 with games for about $1000 thats if you want both with games. If you only want the Wii with games thats about $400. If you just want the ps2 and games thats about $400 as well. The Wii come with about 10 games and 1 controller. The ps2 comes with about 30 games with 2 controllers.

[quote name='Jesse757x']read this listing very carefully..

Wii + Games and Ps2 + Games - $1000

I am selling Both a Wii with games and a Ps2 with games for about $1000 thats if you want both with games. If you only want the Wii with games thats about $400. If you just want the ps2 and games thats about $400 as well. The Wii come with about 10 games and 1 controller. The ps2 comes with about 30 games with 2 controllers.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't that equal 800 dollars by buying it seperately? I guess this is another example of inability to add up amounts and being overly expensive.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I don't see what's so dumb about this...

Am I missing something? :joystick:[/QUOTE]

It was listed at $200 when the auction started

Ha ha haven't done any craigslisting for anything in quite some time now but hopped on there a little while ago...this one is nuts! Check it out:

http://duluth.craigslist.org/vgm/1386133785.html

Like New PS2 and LOTS of Games (Hermantown, MN)

Date: 2009-09-21, 9:06PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

We have a Play Station 2 with 18 different games that we are selling for $550.00 O.B.O. or would be willing to consider selling the games or Play Station as individuals. Everything is almost like new!!! Please email if interested. Serious buyers only. Thank You!

EVERYTHING INCLUDED:

-Sliver Slim PS2
-2 controllers
-Memory Card
-Original AC power adapter & Original RCA cables
-Guitar Hero I, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Guitar Hero Rock the 80's, and two guitars (one w/ cord and one w/o)
-Rock Band I with Drums, Microphone & Guitar
-Dance Dance Revolution Supernova with 2 Dance Mats
-Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol & Microphone
-MVP Baseball 2004
-Black
-Silent Scope 2 Dark Silhouette
-NHL 07'
-Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
-ATV Offroad Fury 3
-Shaun White Snowboarding
-Tony Hawk's Project 8
-Medal of Honor Frontline

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I've posted a couple before, but I think this one is the best (worst?) one I've posted:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/vgm/1386340088.html

"
Play Station 3 with 4 movies and 9 games - $900

Hi my name is James and I'm selling my PLAY STATION 3 AND A BUNDLE PACK.
I also have FOUR movies: WALL-E, PERFECT STORM, PINEAPPLE EXPRESS, AND MADAGASCAR
I have NINE games: FORMULA 1 CHAMPIONSHIP ADDITION, FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3, GRAND THEFT AUTO IV, MOTOR STORM, FARCRY 2, METALGEARSOLID 4, NEED FOR SPEED CARBON, SMACK DOWN VS. RAW, AND OBLIVION

PLEASE EITHER CONTACT BY EMAIL OR CALL ME AT (909)xxx-xxxx

NEED TO SELL ASAP!!!!

THANKS "

[quote name='beatngurnuts']The only thing I can't figure out about this ad, other than the price, is why you would actually buy all these.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/vgm/1373517641.html[/QUOTE]

Well, my wife had purchased each and every expansion pack as it came out. So if you look at it from that perspective it's pretty easy to see. Now, trying to sell them for $200 bucks is still a bit ridiculous, but buying them in the first place isn't that far fetched.

The stuff packs might be a bit overboard, but just the expansions is totally understandable.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']FORMULA 1 CHAMPIONSHIP ADDITION[/QUOTE]

I didn't know there was a huge market for math games on the PS3.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I've posted a couple before, but I think this one is the best (worst?) one I've posted:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/vgm/1386340088.html

"
Play Station 3 with 4 movies and 9 games - $900

Hi my name is James and I'm selling my PLAY STATION 3 AND A BUNDLE PACK.
I also have FOUR movies: WALL-E, PERFECT STORM, PINEAPPLE EXPRESS, AND MADAGASCAR
I have NINE games: FORMULA 1 CHAMPIONSHIP ADDITION, FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3, GRAND THEFT AUTO IV, MOTOR STORM, FARCRY 2, METALGEARSOLID 4, NEED FOR SPEED CARBON, SMACK DOWN VS. RAW, AND OBLIVION

PLEASE EITHER CONTACT BY EMAIL OR CALL ME AT (909)xxx-xxxx

NEED TO SELL ASAP!!!!

THANKS "[/QUOTE]

People only ask prices like this because they pay such high retail costs in the first place. $300-$400 for a console, $60 per game, so stop acting like someone's being an asshole for wanting some of their money back. Or are a piece of tape and some sealed plastic wrap intact really worth most of the cost?

[quote name='Diosoth']People only ask prices like this because they pay such high retail costs in the first place. $300-$400 for a console, $60 per game, so stop acting like someone's being an asshole for wanting some of their money back. Or are a piece of tape and some sealed plastic wrap intact really worth most of the cost?[/QUOTE]

Even still, you have to take into consideration that costs diminish, especially on electronics. This guy is basically trying to get retail value for his stuff, when you could go buy it brand new for like $40 more assuming all the games are $60 and the Blu-Rays are $25. If they aren't brand new games, you could probably get the stuff cheaper new.

I'm all for people wanting to at least recoup some of their cost on an item, but basically trying to get back exactly what you paid for it is ridiculous.

[quote name='Diosoth']People only ask prices like this because they pay such high retail costs in the first place. $300-$400 for a console, $60 per game, so stop acting like someone's being an asshole for wanting some of their money back. Or are a piece of tape and some sealed plastic wrap intact really worth most of the cost?[/QUOTE]
Troll much?
Asking full retail for used items, especially electronics is stupid, hence the thread title. Anyone who pays $60 is an idiot on principle.

[quote name='SEH']Even still, you have to take into consideration that costs diminish, especially on electronics. This guy is basically trying to get retail value for his stuff, when you could go buy it brand new for like $40 more assuming all the games are $60 and the Blu-Rays are $25. If they aren't brand new games, you could probably get the stuff cheaper new.

I'm all for people wanting to at least recoup some of their cost on an item, but basically trying to get back exactly what you paid for it is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

The thing is.. he doesn't HAVE to do anything. All the guy did was put his listing up, he's just fishing for replies.. he probably won't get any and then he'll either keep it or lower the price. Who knows, he may just get some numbskull lucky clueless consumer. :D

Just the title....just the title -sigh-

http://nashville.craigslist.org/vgm/1388957857.html

Nintendo Playstation 2 w/ 9 games - $100

Ninteno Playstation 2 in box. Does not include the start up disc. 2 Memory cards. Games include:
Atari Anthology
Lord of the Rings The Return of the King
Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings The Third Age
The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
Batman Begins (still sealed)
The Hobbit
ESPN NBA 2K5
MLB 2005

So I see this ad:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/vgm/1382397477.html

Cheap pc games and 360 games (tucson)

Date: 2009-09-19, 10:47AM MST

I have a big list of games im selling for cheap ask me i prolly have it pc and xbox360, and if i don't have it i can get it cheap

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1382397477

I figure why not, and respond to him. Here's our exchange via email:

Hey if u want any 360 games burnt I met a guy that burns them for 10$ cd but I'm getting a deal on the first order only. Dobu want any?
U gotta have your xbox modded.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2009, at 7:44 PM, Jake Waterman wrote:

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} Could you give me a list of the games you're selling cheap, and the prices for each one?

Thanks
Jake

What should I say in response?

And his email is [email protected] in case anyone wants to fuck with him.

FLOL for all the times I've been in this thread, I never noticed the Tag for it until now...fucking hilarious. MORONS WITH COMPUTERS.

How appropriate...

Anyway, craigslist has really been sucking (more so than usual) as of late. I haven't had a decent score off of it in weeks. And hell, even the overpriced nutcases seem to have left, so less comedy. What, is everyone on some new site now? Or has the craigslist gold mine been finally drained of quality scores??? Everyone back on eBay or what?

[quote name='darkslime']So I see this ad:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/vgm/1382397477.html

I figure why not, and respond to him. Here's our exchange via email:

What should I say in response?

And his email is [email protected] in case anyone wants to fuck with him.[/QUOTE]

Well I figured immediately from the ad that he was bootlegging.

Here's what I would respond with. Ask him what's the maximum discount he can get on the burned games if you buy in bulk. Tell him if he can burn them for like $5 each, you will buy 200 burned copies of various hits (like 25 copies each of Halo Wars, Halo 3, Halo ODST, Street Fighter 4, etc. etc.), BUT he will need to have the discs ready for you to pick up because you absolutely will not trust anyone with a downpayment. It has to be cash on delivery.

So hopefully you can either get the bootlegger (or this douche if they're on and the same, which is what I'm assuming) or the douche to eat the cost of a couple hundred DVD-R's and the time it takes to burn them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even know what the MSRP is on this thing, but surely it's nowhere close to $500, is it?!? Anyone want to email this clown and send him to a no-show meet up?

EDIT: Just looked it up and it's $250. These retards are out of their fucking minds. I'm definitely going to send a few to the same location tomorrow to meet up with each other. Preferably in South Central.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1389215931.html

GO! GO! GO! NEW PSP GO! - $500 (Chatsworth)

Date: 2009-09-23, 3:16PM PDT

GO! GO! GO! NEW PSP GO!
GO! GO! GO! NEW PSP GO!
GO! GO! GO! NEW PSP GO!

NEW SONY PSP GO! $500 CASH ONLY EMAIL ONLY I WILL RESPOND ASAP!

Yeah, REAL hard to find, unless you have a PS3 or an XBox 360 and $15 to download it...

Or a Gamestop nearby that has it in stock, for $70, which is still a ripoff...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1388908759.html
PS2 MARVEL vs CAPCOM 2 USED (PANORAMA CITY )

Date: 2009-09-23, 12:20PM PDT

PS2 MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 USED
GOOD CONDITION WITH ORIGINAL CASE AND INSTRU
$150.00 NOT LEES YOU KNOW IS HARD TO FIND

JJ VIDEOGAMES
8610 VAN NUYS BLVD # 93
PANORAMA CITY CA 91402
(818)895-8494
WE BUY USED GAMES AND SYSTEMS
WE CLEAN YOUR SCRATCH DVD’S**CD’S***AND **GAMES**

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, REAL hard to find, unless you have a PS3 or an XBox 360 and $15 to download it...

Or a Gamestop nearby that has it in stock, for $70, which is still a ripoff...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1388908759.html
PS2 MARVEL vs CAPCOM 2 USED (PANORAMA CITY )

Date: 2009-09-23, 12:20PM PDT

PS2 MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 USED
GOOD CONDITION WITH ORIGINAL CASE AND INSTRU
$150.00 NOT LEES YOU KNOW IS HARD TO FIND

JJ VIDEOGAMES
8610 VAN NUYS BLVD # 93
PANORAMA CITY CA 91402
(818)895-8494
WE BUY USED GAMES AND SYSTEMS
WE CLEAN YOUR SCRATCH DVD’S**CD’S***AND **GAMES**[/QUOTE] Heheh, that guy's the owner of vgpc.com and a cag.

And I've been exchanging emails with the pirate, I wanted 100 discs, 25 copies each of h3, odst, sfiv, and marvel ua2, and wanted them for $8 each. Left the computer for a half hour or so and since then he sent me like 5 emails. he says his friend wants payment first, but I told him I refuse to do that and am waiting for a response.

if we were in 2001 then i'd consider it.

Used Orignal Xbox Microsoft DVD Set - $15 (san jose south)

Date: 2009-09-24, 3:09PM PDT

Hi,
I have a Barely Used Microsoft Xbox DVD Set.

I bought it for $30 + Tax at Circuit city, now I am letting it go for Half of Retail $15.

It comes with the Remote it self, 2 AAA Duracell Batteries, and Sensor.

If Fully Works with No Problems.

This Set if Great if you want to watch DVD movies on your Xbox.

If you are interested please Email me or call me at (xxx)-xxx-xxxx.

Also please leave your Full Name and Number for a Response

Please No Texts or Blocked Numbers.

Asking $15 Cash Pick Up Only.

Thanks

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Were slims ever $170? I though the redesign coincided with the $130 price drop.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the Slims were $199.99 when they first came out.

You won't get back what you paid...especially on a dumpy bargain basement site like craigslist....The same thing happens when you drive a new car off a lot. The value drops. It's not new anymore, it's used. It gets wear and tear, the value drops. Why buy used when you can get brand new for same/less?

[quote name='SEH']Pretty sure the Slims were $199.99 when they first came out.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I didn't buy mine until they were $130, and I can't be bothered to do the research myself :lol:

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']You won't get back what you paid...especially on a dumpy bargain basement site like craigslist....The same thing happens when you drive a new car off a lot. The value drops. It's not new anymore, it's used. It gets wear and tear, the value drops. Why buy used when you can get brand new for same/less?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I've dealt with a few people who either didn't haggle my price down or they still paid me 'break even' price on stuff I had. So, that is NOT always the case.

Then again, most are lowballing fuckin' leeches who want shit for $25 for 30 games(current gen even). You want something for that low of a price, go see if you can find someone who just fell off the short bus since my prices are typically fair with some squeeze room for me to let them 'haggle' and still THINK they're getting a deal.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I've dealt with a few people who either didn't haggle my price down or they still paid me 'break even' price on stuff I had. So, that is NOT always the case.

Then again, most are lowballing fuckin' leeches who want shit for $25 for 30 games(current gen even). You want something for that low of a price, go see if you can find someone who just fell off the short bus since my prices are typically fair with some squeeze room for me to let them 'haggle' and still THINK they're getting a deal.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, I really hate people that lowball me when the price is already ridiculously low. About a year ago I sold 20 Xbox 360 games on Ebay, my BIN price was only $220. I had games in there like GTA4, GOW, New sports games, etc... stuff that was actually still worth money at the time and were good games. Anyways, I constantly got offers of like $50-$75. I mean, really? $50 for 20 games that are all relatively new?

Everyone wants something for nothing.

You want stupidity? A byer agress to buy several Transformers toys from me, from 2 listings, for $40 total. This woman claims she will send her son to meet in her place. He inspects the toys, I get paid.

5 hours later, she emails, screaming that I sold her broken junk and didn't sell her what was pictured. She demands I meet again and give her the money back.

More accurately, she expects me to haul ass for another meet so I can probably be handed back a box of old broken toys rather than the good condition merchandise I sold. It's a craisglist version of a "not as described" Paypal scam.

I'm not going to oblige this fool. They're stuck, all sales are final. They didn't even offer pictures to back their claim, though I do't know how they really could prove it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Then again, most are lowballing fuckin' leeches who want shit for $25 for 30 games(current gen even). You want something for that low of a price, go see if you can find someone who just fell off the short bus since my prices are typically fair with some squeeze room for me to let them 'haggle' and still THINK they're getting a deal.[/QUOTE]

That's how it works on the internet. On one end you have that idiot already mentioned here who expects to be able to sell his Xbox 360 HD-DVD player add-on for close to the price he paid WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT, and on the other end is someone who thinks that $2.50 is a fair offer for a PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii bundle.

bread's done
Back