Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']When people do crap like that I'm like "Okay, you could have moved all your entire lot at a discount, but now I'm gonna cherry pick your Legend of Zelda and let you keep the rest."[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to cherry pick the MGS: Twin Snakes too.:D

[quote name='Indiana Jones']What did he do exactly? Just lead you on?[/QUOTE]

He was just lazy. He constantly posts a tired ass N64 bundle. What sucks is that I bought a controller/cables in advance because I figured someone would want to sell what they're selling. Maybe he's just lonely.

Also had some other lame-ass "lose" the two best games in her bundle but promise to give them to me after if she found them. :roll: I tell her to just discount it by $30 and we have a deal. She says it's still a good deal otherwise and she'd like to sell it for more. Oh so the games aren't really missing? Yeah because lying is going to get me to drive out and spend money.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']When people do crap like that I'm like "Okay, you could have moved all your entire lot at a discount, but now I'm gonna cherry pick your Legend of Zelda and let you keep the rest."[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm just too lazy to run over there for Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, and none of the rest really have any sort of profit worth bothering for.

Original PSP with accessories and 5 games (and a meager 32 meg memory card) for $250 only!

Playstation Portable Package - $250 ((619/92105)) Date: 2010-03-29, 7:59PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

FOR SALE:

Sony Playstation Portable System (Original)

AC Adaptor

AC Power Cord

Sony Battery Pack

Sony 32MB Memory Stick Duo

Sony PSP Wrist Strap

Sony PSP Remote Control

Sony Microphone Headset

Sony PSP Pouch

Madden NFL 06

Burnout Legends

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix

SOCOM U. S. Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo

Medal of Honor Heroes

ORIGINAL GAME BOXES WITH MANUALS

EVERY ITEM IS IN GOOD CONDITION

Local offers only, I will not ship this package

$250.00

[quote name='elessar123']Original PSP with accessories and 5 games (and a meager 32 meg memory card) for $250 only![/QUOTE]
Is it the 1000 series?

Ive been trying to sell an xbox 360 system on craigslist for a while now, and i havent even had a single phone call or e-mail. Its astounding. I have it at market value (arcade bundle with hdmi for 150) and nothing. Either 360s are becoming more and more worthless by the day, or people have no money.

So I sell a game on Amazon, and a few days after he pays for it, I get this e-mail:

never done one of these b4 ordering online and all get back at me to make sure this is legit game brand new ps2 game with all the downloads thx

Who does that? I almost feel like canceling the order, just because I hate dealing with stupid people.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Ive been trying to sell an xbox 360 system on craigslist for a while now, and i havent even had a single phone call or e-mail. Its astounding. I have it at market value (arcade bundle with hdmi for 150) and nothing. Either 360s are becoming more and more worthless by the day, or people have no money.[/QUOTE]
CL buyers expect you to give your things away for next to nothing. That's why I gave up on it after trying to sell my old iPhone, iMac and BlackBerry on it (all of which wound up selling elsewhere for more than I was asking on CL).

[quote name='blitz6speed']Ive been trying to sell an xbox 360 system on craigslist for a while now, and i havent even had a single phone call or e-mail. Its astounding. I have it at market value (arcade bundle with hdmi for 150) and nothing. Either 360s are becoming more and more worthless by the day, or people have no money.[/QUOTE]

Take a look around.

Still, you might want to check the "wanted" section instead of posting it for sale.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/vgm/1664103442.html

FINAL FANTASY BUNDLE (PS1/PS2)!!! - $125 (Northbridge)

Date: 2010-03-27, 1:58PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Bundle includes:

FF 4
FF 5
FF 6
FF7
FF9
CHRONO TRIGGER

These are the version they released on the playstation. These will play on the playstation 2. I have a playstation 2 in working order for sale as well.
I like how FF 4, 5, 6 and Chrono Trigger are all listed as separate games. Reminds me of when people try to list those collection games as 29 actual games.

I think everyone's broke right now. Of course the lowballers with broken english will always be ready to buy your stuff. As long as you are willing to let it go for 90% off. I just tell them to go away.

on a semi-related note....do you guys ever watch that show "pawn stars" on the history channel? its basically just a show about a pawn shop...but the funny part is, pretty much EVERY episode is some idiot trying to sell something for 100 times more than what its worth, and the salespeople always put them in their place and tell them what they have is actually worth and the people ALWAYS get mad and storm out, saying stuff like "what do you mean my priceless antique is fake?! my grandfather gave it to me! there's no way its worth less than 20,000 dollars!" It kinda reminds me of some of these bat-poop insane craigslist people we see in here. its so awesome to see these people get a reality check

I like watching pawn stars. But I can't believe how after people are told what an item is worth (if it's not a fake and worthless) and he asks how much they want for it, they most always say they want the full appraised price. Then he explains how he can't give them the full price because he has to make some money too. It's just common sense he can't give you full price. So retarded.

[quote name='crows in black']on a semi-related note....do you guys ever watch that show "pawn stars" on the history channel? its basically just a show about a pawn shop...but the funny part is, pretty much EVERY episode is some idiot trying to sell something for 100 times more than what its worth, and the salespeople always put them in their place and tell them what they have is actually worth and the people ALWAYS get mad and storm out, saying stuff like "what do you mean my priceless antique is fake?! my grandfather gave it to me! there's no way its worth less than 20,000 dollars!" It kinda reminds me of some of these bat-poop insane craigslist people we see in here. its so awesome to see these people get a reality check[/QUOTE]

Years ago there was an episode of the antiques roadshow or some tv show and someone brought in an atari 2600.

EDIT:: ok, I was wrong. Here's the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyUpT0g2KAE

"the systems? they go for $100, $200 dollars" LOL. Pacman 2600 was one of the worst games ever made on the system, not to mention it's worth less then 10 cents now, there's just so many copies of it stil floating around. Funny though.

[quote name='elessar123']That's what I'm getting from it...[/QUOTE]
If he could drop it for $200 or $150 I say buy it. The 1000 series is perfect for..... well.... you know.... *whisper* free games *whisper*.

Some 15 year old kid calls me and offers me a gift card for a couple controllers I was selling for $10. What's weird is, he lived like 15 minutes away and he wanted me to mail them to him. Um? you can't even walk over? I'm not that stupid to mail something and hope I get paid lol.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Years ago there was an episode of the antiques roadshow or some tv show and someone brought in an atari 2600.

EDIT:: ok, I was wrong. Here's the clip.

"the systems? they go for $100, $200 dollars" LOL. Pacman 2600 was one of the worst games ever made on the system, not to mention it's worth less then 10 cents now, there's just so many copies of it stil floating around. Funny though.[/QUOTE]

LOL good lord - $5 -%10 for common games? $100 - $200 for systems?? When were those EVER worth that much?? Isn't that guy supposed to be a professional antiques appraiser? Where the hell did he come up with those prices?!

BTW there actually was an episode of Pawn Stars where a guy brought in a 2600 and a box of games (they didn't say how many) and wanted to sell it for $100, but they said they had to test it first, and they never got back to it. I would have loved if they showed them telling the guy what they are REALLY worth so the rest of America could see and get a clue already!

[quote name='crows in black']BTW there actually was an episode of Pawn Stars where a guy brought in a 2600 and a box of games (they didn't say how many) and wanted to sell it for $100, but they said they had to test it first, and they never got back to it. I would have loved if they showed them telling the guy what they are REALLY worth so the rest of America could see and get a clue already![/QUOTE]

IIRC they gave the guy $100 and made a comment on how they will do just fine (or something like that) selling the stuff as long as most of the games work. Really seemed inflated to me giving that much for the stuff, only on a TV show as I could picture plenty of pawn shops giving more like $10 for a 2600 lot like that.

Someone spam this guy
http://kpr.craigslist.org/vgm/1672571048.html

Sega Genesis Games including (Maximum Carnage- $100 for Max carnage) - $150 (Kennewick)

Date: 2010-04-01, 7:11PM PDT

I have about 10 sega genesis games for sale. One being the 2nd most wanted game for classic systems EVER! Maximum Carnage! This is the first spider man game ever made on any gaming system. Most copies sell for $200+ anywhere else online. Please only serious collectors call 948-7933 and we can work out a deal. Also call if you would like to know the names of the other games. There are a ton of Disney origionals.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/vgm/1670674877.html

Hahahahaha. Yea keep dreaming buddy!

[quote name='kube00']Someone spam this guy

Sega Genesis Games including (Maximum Carnage- $100 for Max carnage) - $150 (Kennewick)

I have about 10 sega genesis games for sale. One being the 2nd most wanted game for classic systems EVER! Maximum Carnage! This is the first spider man game ever made on any gaming system. Most copies sell for $200+ anywhere else online. Please only serious collectors call 948-7933 and we can work out a deal. Also call if you would like to know the names of the other games. There are a ton of Disney origionals.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Ma..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1270182166&sr=8-3

[quote name='FOnewearl']IIRC they gave the guy $100 and made a comment on how they will do just fine (or something like that) selling the stuff as long as most of the games work. Really seemed inflated to me giving that much for the stuff, only on a TV show as I could picture plenty of pawn shops giving more like $10 for a 2600 lot like that.[/QUOTE]

Actually I just saw that episode again last night....they tested the games and they never came back to it....it showed them testing the games and that was it, they never made the guy an offer or anything, considering what they offer people for other expensive stuff, I doubt they offered him anything higher than $20

I have an original Nintendo in excellent condition with controller & 5 games. Some original nintendo games can go for $100 themselves, games include Double Dribble,, Tecmo Bowl, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, RBI Baseball, & Friday the 13th. $100 for everything, selling ASAP near W. Flamingo & Buffalo please email me and I'll respond promptly, thank you & have a good day.
3nd3kd3m55V65Y05X2a42efde149b0837163d.jpg

I ask again, are they:
1) really believing this is a good price for the system and games...
2) want to be "low-balled" to a reasonable price...
3) hoping that "Mr. Idiot" goes for the price...
4) dancing around thinking "We are going to be rich..."

As always .... fuck

[quote name='blk00civicsi']He sure got you, didn't he?[/QUOTE]
Quote the listing!!! Otherwise, nobody will a clue what you're talking about when the listing gets FLAGGED!

[quote name='crows in black']LOL good lord - $5 -%10 for common games? $100 - $200 for systems?? When were those EVER worth that much?? Isn't that guy supposed to be a professional antiques appraiser? Where the hell did he come up with those prices?![/QUOTE]

It sounds like he's quoting insane retail prices that a shop might set. ;)

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/vgm/1670674877.html

Originally Posted by kube00
Someone spam this guy

I have about 10 sega genesis games for sale. One being the 2nd most wanted game for classic systems EVER! Maximum Carnage! This is the first spider man game ever made on any gaming system. Most copies sell for $200+ anywhere else online. Please only serious collectors call 948-7933 and we can work out a deal. Also call if you would like to know the names of the other games. There are a ton of Disney origionals.

[/QUOTE]

me: "what????

for one thing, this is NOT "the first spider man game ever made on any gaming system" Its not even the first spiderman game for the Genesis!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_video_games#Late_1970s-1980s

second, this has NEVER sold for anywhere even close to $200 online or anywhere else. You can get a complete copy on ebay for $5 - $10

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A2980&_nkw=maximum+carnage+sega&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games&_ipg=&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

and where are you getting the idea that this is the "2nd most wanted game for classic systems EVER!" ???"

his reply:

"go type it in. itll come up on a top ten sega list.. with prices included"

lol so I guess he saw the rare QVC-only maximum carnage boxset somewhere so now he thinks EVERY copy of maximum carnage is worth that much

[quote name='crows in black']Actually I just saw that episode again last night....they tested the games and they never came back to it....it showed them testing the games and that was it, they never made the guy an offer or anything, considering what they offer people for other expensive stuff, I doubt they offered him anything higher than $20[/QUOTE]

Either you missed something or they have it edited differently when they play reruns.

I don't know how to link to a certain time in youtube videos as I see sometimes but the Atari part starts at about 2 minutes and at about 4 minutes they make him an offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QUGIjQMMB8&feature=related

[quote name='FOnewearl']Either you missed something or they have it edited differently when they play reruns.

I don't know how to link to a certain time in youtube videos as I see sometimes but the Atari part starts at about 2 minutes and at about 4 minutes they make him an offer.
[/QUOTE]

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for letting go of a 'Darth Vader' 2600 that was complete and mint to some kids in the one ghetto around here for about $20-25 about 10-15 years ago.

Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about. I ended up keeping the common fake woodgrain edition and sold 'teh rarez' system for super cheap.:roll::bomb::cry:

[quote name='tangytangerine']http://dayton.craigslist.org/vgm/1673507334.html

Wow, pay $15 more than the price online and the Cerberus Network code was already used(I emailed him asking about the code)? I know he's going to get someone who buys it and wants his money back after he finds out the code was already redeemed.[/QUOTE]

He also wanted to trade his video game stuff for a motorcycle.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/vgm/1673985846.html

selling all my old game stuff lots included (please do not email me for an exact listf titles, there is a lot here and just want it all gone.

snes system, nes system, x2 sega systems, about 10 nes games about 10 snes games, about 20 sega games, a steel ddr pad for ps2 that i paid 200.00 for originally, a platnium gamecube system, about 20 playstation games, a box of about 50 wires and hookups for different systems, about 25 controllers for different systems...some other random things like factory sealed games for a few systems.....asking 375.00 for it all will deliver if not far.

thanks.

please dont ask me 100000 questions, if your acollector your getting a lot, if your looking to resell this stuff on ebay or whatever you will makea profit i just dont have the time with work right now

I will not tell you what I have. I will waste your time to discover what crap I have. The box of wires and hook-ups does not indicate dealer overstock, please overlook this and bring your large cash for random things. Do not ask me any questions. To question is wrong.

[quote name='gocolts18']i'm so tired of people pulling this crap on craigslist.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mob/1658542242.html

i absolutely hate it when people tag just about every word in the English language[/QUOTE]

butt face yellow flip gravity
broken apple bold cup

I could make postmodern poetry out of that :drool:

I love this. "Modded Xbox 360 for $200, don't know if it's banned or not. I'll trade for a Wii that has to include Wii Fit, AND the board, AND more games."

lol...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/vgm/1674477216.html

THIS IS A MODDED XBOX 360 NOT SURE IT IS BANNED OR NOT. I BOUGHT IT ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO AND I DON'T GET ONLINE. IT COMES WITH ALL AIRES AND CABLES PLUSE 1 WIRELESS CONTROLER AND 1 WIRED CONTOLER (OFF BRAND). SO IF INTRESTED PLEASE TEXT ME AT 817 201 9486. WILL TRADE FOR WII WITH WII FIT (WITH WII FIT BOARD) AND SOME MORE GAMES. PRICE IS FIRM THIS IS A GREAT DEAL. I ALSO HAVE GAMES TO FO WITH IT BUT WE CAN TALK ABOT PRICE FOR THOSE IF YOUR INTERESTED.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Either you missed something or they have it edited differently when they play reruns.

[/QUOTE]

wow, yeah the part where he says "yeah I'll do 100 bucks on that" and where he says "it has about 70 games" were both cut out of some reason, I never saw that part

Still I can't believe they paid that much since they lowball like crazy on everything else, like offering $2500 for a car thats worth $20,000. If they bought it for $100 I imagine they tried to re-sell it for around $250....but they didn't even bother to look up all the games to see what they were worth or anything, kinda weird considering how anal they are about that stuff

I hate it when people feel the need to say their stupid prices are "firm," then get insulted when we try to help them out because they assume we're trying to lowball them. If you took eight seconds to read about the thing you're selling, you'd know what it was worth in the first place.

Having said that, though, this guy has an overpriced N64 lot with a black Goldeneye cart. I've never seen such a thing, what's that all about?

[quote name='Survivalism']
Having said that, though, this guy has an overpriced N64 lot with a black Goldeneye cart. I've never seen such a thing, what's that all about?[/QUOTE]

Link to pics? There was a limited edition Goldeneye System bundle in the UK, but the cartridge in that was gray too. Maybe he just painted it? Or put it in a Turok casing?

[quote name='RoadDogg']Link to pics? There was a limited edition Goldeneye System bundle in the UK, but the cartridge in that was gray too. Maybe he just painted it? Or put it in a Turok casing?[/QUOTE]

3n03k13pb5V15Y55W0a4275a75c30c3511266.jpg

I'd ask about it but I've already alienated the person over the price, haha.

"http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/sys/1675385182.html"

All for $475
This package contains the following items: ( All necessary cables included)

Playstation 3 Console (Black)

40 GB Hard Drive

Wireless Controller (2)

Recharging cable (2)

Optical cable (audio)

HDMI cable

KillZone 2

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Battlefield: Bad Company

10,000 BC BluRay DVD

Saw IV BluRay DVD

The Fountain BluRay DVD

Syriana BluRay DVD

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm still kicking myself in the ass for letting go of a 'Darth Vader' 2600 that was complete and mint to some kids in the one ghetto around here for about $20-25 about 10-15 years ago.[/QUOTE]

You really had no way of knowing so you really can't kick yourself too hard. It could be worse, I never had a 2600 years ago but I had an Intellivision, Colecovision & a C64 (with a ton of floppies I would guess at least 50) and it all disappeared as in I'm pretty sure thrown out at some point when I got a NES & SMS. I definately had some obscure stuff in the mix.

I also lost a good amount of games during the 8 & 16 era that I let people barrow including a fair amount of games that hold decent value Lunar (Sega CD), Ghostbuster (Genesis) all 4 Phantasy Star games (I actually ended up getting back 1 & 4 years later!) Final Fantasy, II, III, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trgger, Breath of Fire probably a few others I forgot about lol

You did much better then I did on this stuff at least :D

Your Atari story kind of reminds me of when I got rid of my Star Fox Competition Cart. I kick myself for getting rid of it (for sentimental reasons) but really can't be upset about not realizing how much it would sell for years later.

[quote name='crows in black']wow, yeah the part where he says "yeah I'll do 100 bucks on that" and where he says "it has about 70 games" were both cut out of some reason, I never saw that part[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that maybe they were embarrassed about how much they paid for the bundle for a pawn shop buying and were able to have it edited for reruns. I could see them selling 2600 games at say $5 a piece if they get in some clueless people that don't know the value but get nostalgic when they see it remembering it from years ago since I'm sure they get great foot traffic for a pawn.

I would guess it's all/mostly common games and that bundles like that have sold online for about $100 before.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QUGIjQMMB8&feature=related[/QUOTE]

Wow. Surely this guy has heard of xbox 360 and ps3 right? All he's been playing all these decades is atari? lol! He says it like Atari is a current gen system. "I'm all done with gaming, blah blah blah"

I wonder if they found a Waterworld or a Halloween or Texas Chainsaw Massacre (worth $200+) in the box.

bread's done
Back