Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='dmdragon']http://columbus.craigslist.org/vgm/1694510061.html

Not 1 of those games is worth more than 10 bucks new lol 800 in just the games? ROFL that is what? 53.3333 repeating for each of those.... My sides hurt from laughing so hard[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, he's saying that he paid close to $800 by buying those games NEW, when they were released. He wasn't asking for that ($700 for the entire bundle + console). Not a very good deal, but I just thought I'd point that out. Probably overpriced by $300, though

[quote name='Ichabodplain']
I ask about Mario Paint and Super Mario World for $15, since he didn't list any prices.

His response: It took me a long time and alot of money to find these games years ago. I drove all around florida looking for them. Id like $35 for each game.

:laughing dog:[/QUOTE]

You should have just kindly pointed out that that was years ago. There's no real market for collectibility in SNES games such as Mario Paint.

[quote name='Methadon']In all fairness, he's saying that he paid close to $800 by buying those games NEW, when they were released. He wasn't asking for that ($700 for the entire bundle + console). Not a very good deal, but I just thought I'd point that out. Probably overpriced by $300, though

You should have just kindly pointed out that that was years ago. There's no real market for collectibility in SNES games such as Mario Paint.[/QUOTE]

Well the system is 2 months old and none of those games were released in the last 2 months, or even year. So unless he bought some of these 2 or 3 years ago when he likely didn't have a ps3 then he did not pay 53 bucks for any of them. He is doing what most stupid craigslisters do, they see that new games sell for 60 and averages everything at that price even if they didn't pay that much for them. Sure they were all that price NEW at one point, but he didn't pay that much, I guarantee it.

i would expect to get about 1000 to a bit more for mine which is what he wants, only difference is that I have 55 games over half were games that came out in the last 5 or 6 months and 65 blurays.

[quote name='Ichabodplain']Doing my morning Craigslist and coffee and see this ad:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/vgm/1671833054.html

I ask about Mario Paint and Super Mario World for $15, since he didn't list any prices.

His response: It took me a long time and alot of money to find these games years ago. I drove all around florida looking for them. Id like $35 for each game.

:laughing dog:[/QUOTE]

LOL you should tell him. That you went ahead and bought them on ebay for 66%less

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/ele/1700354468.html

original nintendo NES system refurbished with 4 games - $100 (tyler)

I have a refurbished original nintendo NES game system with both controllers, the gun, and four games

The games included are:

Duck hunt/Mario Brothers
Mario Brothers 2
River City Ransom
Double Dragon

System has a new 72 pin card installed...games go in a little tight just like a new machine and it may blink the first couple of times but it works very very well.

This system comes with everything you need to hook it up to your television...call me at 903-617-0009

xbox 360 4 sale (mansfield)

Date: 2010-04-19, 4:52PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

60 gig hard drive 2 wireless controllers 53 demos and like 6 games like new 225 today

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1700052705

Oh man! I wish my Xbox came with 53 demos!

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']I don't think you want one that badly. That is a complete rip for $200. If you want one badly I have one that looks like someone tap danced on it :roll:

And my contribution to the thread - http://baltimore.craigslist.org/vgm/1698539355.html[/QUOTE]

That's great how he wants to give people a ripped label but says that their label must be completely intact.

Edit: Though they'd lose $5 if somebody came out with a Rock and Roll Racing.

This ones a classic.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wan/1700972511.html

Hi I was wondering if you would accept $200 for one of your Ipads. I know i may seem crazy but I really would like to get one of these for my daughter so that she has something to do during her recovery. But can afford the retail price. She really would like to get one but we just can’t afford it and so I was wondering if you would accept $200. All I get for income if child support and that doesn’t cut it. This is so expensive for me to get off that. I don’t get that much. I will like to get one of these for her for staying strong and for all that she has done. She just came home the other day from Fort Jackson in South Carolina. She was in basic training but hurt herself and could barely walk. She hurt herself while in the final stages of basic training. She was disappointed in herself that she didn't finish it. Also now she cant work since her feet are killing her and cant stand on them for a long time. This will really make her happy. I will really appreciate it if you accept it. You would really make my day and my daughter’s day.

Also I am willing to throw in a pair of Brooks and Dun Tickets for June 26 at the Comcast Center along with the $200. They are in Section 12 row E

Have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ye0ldmario']This ones a classic.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wan/1700972511.html

Hi I was wondering if you would accept $200 for one of your Ipads. I know i may seem crazy but I really would like to get one of these for my daughter so that she has something to do during her recovery. But can afford the retail price. She really would like to get one but we just can’t afford it and so I was wondering if you would accept $200. All I get for income if child support and that doesn’t cut it. This is so expensive for me to get off that. I don’t get that much. I will like to get one of these for her for staying strong and for all that she has done. She just came home the other day from Fort Jackson in South Carolina. She was in basic training but hurt herself and could barely walk. She hurt herself while in the final stages of basic training. She was disappointed in herself that she didn't finish it. Also now she cant work since her feet are killing her and cant stand on them for a long time. This will really make her happy. I will really appreciate it if you accept it. You would really make my day and my daughter’s day.

Also I am willing to throw in a pair of Brooks and Dun Tickets for June 26 at the Comcast Center along with the $200. They are in Section 12 row E

Have a great day.[/QUOTE]

Re: She's in the terminal stages of basic training?

Plz help my daughter who has pregnant herpies cancer and progressive whiplash, we don't have enough money but we'll wuv you forever. All my child support income can barely support my ebay reseller business, and now that my daughter is getting army disability I just don't know what to do.

So this woman wants to buy her daughter an iPad for $200 to make her feel better because she's too much of a lazy ass... I mean, her feet hurt too much for her to work. Alrighty then.

[quote name='elessar123']But it does come with 2 wired controllers and 8 (probably crappy) games....[/QUOTE]

When someone just mentions "games," I believe it's pretty safe to assume it's all demo discs and Madden 02.

Hey, if you want to play Madden 11, it's best to beat Madden 05, Madden 06, Madden 07, Madden 08, Madden 09 and Madden 10 (in order) so you're caught up on the storyline!

LOL The one idiot in my area has an old Xbox(that he 'only played for 5 hours:roll:)with 12 games and the 'zomg hard to find Xbox carrying bag' for $100 in the title. Yet they have '$120 or best offer' listed in the listing for it.

Apparently they had to let people know how great of a deal it is in the ad and took so long telling people about it(ALL IN CAPS)that they couldn't list the games and asked people to ask about the games.

I responded with an ad right above theirs asking what kinda crack they're on.

I don't know who got the better deal of an ad I ran. I traded (1) commissioned postmodernist poem (retaining all publishing rights) for .hack part one, discs only. Totally ridiculous that this joke post would have any success.

Will trade postmodernist poetry for video games (B. County)

What do you need? Dada cut-ups? New Sentences? Metaphysical conceits?
I've done it all. Can write things that make sense and which do not make sense.
Word collage, check. Repeating forms, check. Have some awkward feelings you'd
like to present to someone special? I can make them even MORE AWKWARD.
After I'm done, they'll never make you go the theater again. This in itself
is a service that some people might value at $20, but wait--there's more!

Respond in the next 30 minutes and get a free pixel graphic. Yes, if you like
deformed characters, you'll love pixel graphic with a side of misunderstood verse.
Figure out what RPG characters it alludes to!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I don't know who got the better deal of an ad I ran. I traded (1) commissioned postmodernist poem (retaining all publishing rights) for .hack part one, discs only. Totally ridiculous that this joke post would have any success.[/QUOTE]

Great success!! Maybe you should become a professional poet?

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Great success!! Maybe you should become a professional poet?[/QUOTE]

XD I could tell you a helluva lot about poetry. I've got a BS in Cell and Molecular Biology with a minor in Creative Writing. ;) Pretty much qualifies me to be unemployed, but here's the funny thing. Poem for $5 game pays better than publication, with a six month acceptance window and a rabid rejection rate. To make the jump from amateur to professional poet is highly political...either you have to win a few first book contests or go up the ladder for extra degrees and get entrenched in the academic feed trough. Then if you're lucky you get a cushy teaching position or you're paid to blab at seminars. I do like to tutor other poets--I've been doing it for years now--but there's a certain freedom to doing it outside of the box. Being outside I can pursue my heretic ideas of anime and video game based poetry...

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']XD I could tell you a helluva lot about poetry. I've got a BS in Cell and Molecular Biology with a minor in Creative Writing. ;) Pretty much qualifies me to be unemployed[/QUOTE]

Actually, it qualifies you to be one of those diabolical madmen who come up with creative ways to take over the world, and you would've succeeded if you had just shut up and killed the hero when you had the chance instead of giving him time to plan.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Actually, it qualifies you to be one of those diabolical madmen who come up with creative ways to take over the world, and you would've succeeded if you had just shut up and killed the hero when you had the chance instead of giving him time to plan.[/QUOTE]

Mwa ha ha, exactly. My need to eludicate often outstrips my need to do-icate :hot: No more! Now what would Dr. Phibes do in this situation...he'd pour acid through a paper naked woman's forehead!

[quote name='Survivalism']I e-mailed the person who had the original Xbox for $150 and told them you could get a 360 for $10 more, so the idiot re-listed it for $145. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I emailed them this "Just thought you should know this is way over priced. This is maybe worth like 50-60 dollars at most. Shit for this price you can get an xbox 360." And their response was "shit can you buy xbox360 with 4 controler 1wireless 8 games for 150.00.":wall::wall:

[quote name='Calbear1']I emailed them this "Just thought you should know this is way over priced. This is maybe worth like 50-60 dollars at most. Shit for this price you can get an xbox 360." And their response was "shit can you buy xbox360 with 4 controler 1wireless 8 games for 150.00.":wall::wall:[/QUOTE]

*facepalm*

I don't want to hassle this poor person as they're clearly clueless. I'd just like to kindly point them across town to the Goodwill where there is an Xbox for $25 and another for $15.

EDIT: FFS It's down to $140

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/vgm/1705094779.html

Below it is another Xbox for $160 and above it are two 360s for $150. What are these people on?

Check out the list of WANTED games for this mostly crap list:

http://scranton.craigslist.org/vgm/1705320537.html

I have a massive game collection that I would like to Trade or Sell. Just email me what you want and what you will pay or will trade for it. I know alot about videogames so I know that I could simply go on amazon.com to find out if a price is good, so no low ball offers. If you want to know the condition of a certain game please feel free to email me.

NES:
Adventure Island
DarkWing Duck
Karate Kid
Ghost ‘N Goblins
Football
Yoshi
Skate or Die
Battle Toads/Double Dragon
Boulder Dash
Double Dribble
Gauntlet II
George Foreman’s KO Boxing
Cybernoid (Does Not Work Half Of The Time)
Super Mario Bros. 2
Operation Wolf
Dr. Mario
Batman Returns
Tetris
John Elway’s Quarterback
Godzilla
Tale Spin
Mario is Missing
Nigel Mansell’s World Championship
Little Nemo: Dream Master
DayDreamin’ Davey
Stanley: The Search for Dr. Livingston
ExciteBike
Urban Champion
Pac-Man
The Legend of Zelda
Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends
Super Mario Bros. 3
Double Dragon
Bases Loaded II
Baseball Stars
Championship Bowling
Jeopardy 25th Anniversary Edition
Ivan “IronMan” Stewart’s: Super Off-Road
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Kung Fu
Rescue Rangers
MegaMan 2
Ice Hockey
Rampage
Golf
Ice Climber
Super Mario Bros. /Duck Hunt
Major League Baseball
Burger Time
Donkey Kong Classics
Kirby’s Adventures
Super Mario Bros. /Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet
Total Recall

Snes:
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
Star Fox
Super Return of the Jedi
Inspector Gadget
Donkey Kong Country
The Ignition Factory
Super Godzilla
Busts Loose!
Ms. Pac-Man
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Populous
Super Mario World
Tetris Attack
X-Kaliber 2097
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Kart
Mystical Ninja
Road Runner’s Death Valley Rally

N64:
Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
Pilot Wings 64
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Donkey Kong 64
Star Wars: Pod Racer
Mario Party 2
Pokemon Snap
Golden Eye

GameCube:
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
Sonic Adventure Battle
Sonic Riders
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
Dragon’s Lair 3D
1080 Avalanche
Pokemon Channel
Cubix Showdown
i Ninja
SSX Tricky
Pokemon Colosseum
Rampage: Total Destruction
Intellivision LIVES!
BeyBlade V-Force
TY the Tasmanian Tiger
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Sonic Heroes
Super Mario Strikers
Hot Wheels World Race
Pac-Man World 2
DDRMM

Wii:
Wii Sports
Blast Works
Elebits
Wii Fit
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Samba De Amigo
Zack & Wiki
Wii Sports Resort

Game Boy:
Pokemon Pinball
Sports Illustrated: Golf Classic
Kirby’s Block Ball
Tiny Toons: Montana’s Movie Madness
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Tetris
Game & Watch Gallery 2

Game Boy Color:
Top Gear Rocket
Mat Hoffman’s Pro BMX
Godzilla: Monster Wars
Toca Touring Car Championship
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Cubix: Race N’ Robots
Trouballs
Nicktoons Racing

Game Boy Advance:
Tron 2.0: Killer App
F-Zero: GP Legend
Cartoon Network Collection: Platinum Edition
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Driver 2
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Rayman Advance

DS:
Custom Robo Arena
Looney Tunes: Duck Amuck
Retro Atari
Pokemon: Heart Gold
Pokemon: Soul Silver

Genesis:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
Zoop
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Taz: Escape from Mars
Sonic! Spin Ball

Dreamcast:
Mat Hoffman’s Pro BMX
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Razor: Freestyle Scooter
Xtreme Sports
Sonic Adventure 2
Virtua Tennis

PC:
Civilization IV
Civilization IV Expansion Pack
Midtown Madness 2
Zoo Tycoon
Jet Fighter 2015
Snap City
Sonic Heroes

Play Station:
Irritating Stick

Some games that I really want are EarthBound, Either DS WarioWar game, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Adventure Island 2 and 3, Donkey Konga (with Konga), and 1990 Nintendo World Championship (I could always dream).

Who doesn't love a POS?!

http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/1705810877.html
Who doesn't LOVE a Lap Top!?

Everex Lap Top Picture Below.

LM7W series.

It doesn't come with charger... Which I didn't get also.
Therefore I have not used it. It is in really good shape!

Will sell it for $150 even.

I will deliver if needed....

Please email me @ [email protected]

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n73k73m45V55Z55R0a4m7e8f3892bc2a1b65.jpg
3m63pa3l95Z45T55W5a4m76631c22b3ae1013.jpg

I have a gamestop giftcard that contains $208 in store credit. I am selling this for $208 cash, or I can trade it for WORKING PS3 slim with all cords and at least 1 controller. the lines in the image are for my protection as they cover the code on the back of the card so nobody can use it online.

I don't think he understands the concept of selling a giftcard. No one is going to be stupid enough to give him exact value in cash for it to get only store credit. Sometimes people make me sad at how stupid they are.

Paging Sonic the Head Chog...Mr. Head Chog please come to the courtesy desk...A Sega GENISIS is requesting your presence...

"I HAVE NO MONEY BUT IF YOU ARE GETTING RID OF A RUNNING CAR, LARGE FLAT SCREENS, ETC. I WILL TAKE THEM OFF YOUR HANDS. ALSO LOOKING FOR A VOLCANO, BUT IT MUST BE A CLASSIC VOLCANO LIKE POMPEI OR SUCH...NONE OF THOSE MODERN VOLCANOS LIKE THAT ONE IN ICELAND OR SHIT."

Highlights in bold, below...

Ad #1

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bar/1706648237.html

I need sega genisis and sonic the head chog!!! (Hollywood)

Date: 2010-04-23, 11:48AM PDT

Do you have sega genisis and sonic the head chog??? need to get rid of it??? send me your best price/barter!!!!

-------------------------------------

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bar/1706628010.html

I am looking for... What are you gertting rid of? (Hollywood)

Date: 2010-04-23, 11:38AM PDT

I am looking for these items. I HAVE NO MONEY!!! BUT If you are getting rid of these items I will pick them up no prob. here they are. : )

Dell Laptop Charger ( must be compadable with a Dell Inspiron 1525. battery type RN873)

Classic Volcano

2 rather large Flat screen tvs

Working car

sega genisis and sonic the head chog

Remember kiddies, it was "eartd" day a couple of days ago...so recycle and help the "eart" stay in good shape!

This is the must have "viseo" game collection!!! I think this is almost every sports game for the system!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/1702484796.html

SEGA genesis Console+Sega vintage games. console bundle - $149 (tarzana)

Date: 2010-04-20, 11:38PM PDT

Sega =Sega genesis vintage console, a must have for the viseo game collectors, like new this is a rare colllection the games are still in their original boxes
about 25 sega games
2 controlleres
adapter
gently used
ts in perfect condition '
the games are in their original boxes
dont miss this rare opportunity
here is a list of the Sega games;
NBA live 95EA,,
NBA Bulls vs Blazers & NBA Playoffs.
NBA Jam.
NBA Lakers vs Bulls,
David Robinsons supreme court,
Coach K College Basketball,
Fifa International soccer,
Fifa soccer 95,
Techno World cup,
LA Russia Baseball,
RBI Basebal,l
World series C+baseball 95,
World series baseball,
LA Russia 95,
Hardball 94,
Bill Walsh college football,
NFL quarterback club,
NFL 95,
Madden NFL 96,
NFL 97 starring joe Montana,
Madden NFL 94,
College football national championship,
NHL 96,
NHL Hockey,
Mortal Kombat3,
Pit fall the Mayan adventure,
Happy Eartd day April22 nd
recycle and help the eart stay in good shape

Quickly realized why I haven't really checked Craigslist much in the past two weeks.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1707468926.html
PSP 1000 series with 8 games & 1 movie and travel case - $200 (carlsbad) Date: 2010-04-23, 9:56PM PDT

Fully loaded psp 1000 system with 8 games and a movie. Also comes with a travel case, charger, and a power brick for extra power. Good Condition. if you are interested contact me at [email protected] or call me at 760-803-2528. I am willing to negotiate a trade for xbox 360.
The Games are:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Madden NFL 07
MLB 07 The Show
Wipeout Pure
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
NHL 07
SSX Snowboarding On Tour
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition
The Movie is Van Helsing

Yea, oldfart phat PSP and a bunch of old sports titles for $200/Xbox360. And this isn't even much worse than other normal listings.

Someone is smoking that shit again

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/vgm/1708384192.html

Xbox console with 3 controllers and Games (ROCKVILLE)
Date: 2010-04-24, 4:17PM EDT

Games included:
.Tiger Woods PGA 2005-$50.00
.NCAA Football 2005-$13
.NCAA 06 Football-$53
.Star Wars EPISODE III Revenge of the sith-$25
.LEGO Star wars-$52
.Spiderman-$21
.Namco Museum-$30
.Project Gotham Racing 2(BRAND NEW)-$51
.Tom Clancy's Demo Disc-$20
.Crash Twinsanity-$25
.Amped-$51
.Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex-$52
.Super Man Returns(BRAND NEW)-$23
.Pac Man World 2-$51
.X-Men Next Dimension-$53
X-box console with 3 controllers is $100,games price is shown up.
It's working very good, looks as new.2 games are new, never opened, other 13 games didn't play that much either. These games works on Xbox 360 too. If you are interested contact this # 240-401-4884. Best Offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CASH ONLY

bread's done
Back