Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2916779017.html

PS3 Slim Lightning Edition Ver. 2 - $800 (Aurora)

Date: 2012-03-22, 3:47PM MDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
For sale PS3 320 GB Lightning Edition Version 2. Brand New, $800. Includes Final Fantasy XIII-2 game (Japan Version), wireless controller, cords and manual(In Japan can download manual in english). USA Seller. Brand New never opened. The console is from Japan and can be set up in any language as well as play any us PS3 games. Serious enquiry's only. No Scammers. Call or text for more information.

If this really sells for that much (Doesn't seem like it), I really hope I win it in the lowball now!

The new trend I am noticing on our local craigs list is calling NES' and Gameboys vintage, and charging outrageous prices for them. Vintage is the new hotness.

I like when people say in their listing how much they paid for something on ebay... then try to sell it for the same amount. Hah. Some guy wanted $75 for his SNES with mario bros because he said he bought it from ebay for $85 two months back.

[quote name='wugenius']The new trend I am noticing on our local craigs list is calling NES' and Gameboys vintage, and charging outrageous prices for them. Vintage is the new hotness.[/QUOTE]
hey, if it gets me a few extra $$, I'm all for it.

^^ This is for when it goes down....in Craigslist history

Up for grabs is an ultra rare Dreamcasting system. I have done some research and found that
this system is quite rare because Sega doesn't exist anymore. IT comes with a SUPER HARD TO
COME BY network connector. You will finally have a device that can use the internet! I'm giving
you guys a DEAL at $50,000! You could make that back in TWO SECONDS at an auction.
I will accept Nazi gold and ten human kidneys instead.

I also have an AMAZINGLY RARE horse game for the system. The game is worth around $10,000,
but I will include the game with the system because I'm being so generous, what with the economy and all.

(DO NOT EMAIL ME TELLING ME ABOUT WHAT I HAVE IS WORTH I KNOW WHAT I GOT SO THERE)

System does not come with cords or controllers. Those are $500 a piece.

5F25M85Jd3M83J13H4c4561204fecad271523.jpg

5O05H55P33G13If3L4c451a72020183501068.jpg

[quote name='sp00ge']Umm.. eew?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/wan/2941853944.html[/QUOTE]
Lol Pittsburgh.

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/vgm/2943727216.html
RARE Sega Genesis III (sonic & knuckles edition) - $900 (Slidell)

I am selling my 20 yr old sega genesis 3. A very rare find. It is still in damn near perfect condition. It comes with 2 controllers and all the required wiring. I have games like the first Mortal Kombat, Sonic & Knuckles, Maddens 94-96, and ToeJam & Earl. I just have to dig through a bunch of shit to find the games. I have other stuff I'm trying to sell also. Contact Chris @ 504-390-9712. NO EMAILS!!! SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.

5Gb5Kd5Jf3K93M53Nac468c15a5b3512a19d2.jpg

Skylanders Newly Released Figures Camo and Warnado - $100 (San Bernardino)

Date: 2012-04-07, 6:21PM PDT
Reply to:
Brand New Skylander Figures

Camo and Warnado

Newly released. Good luck finding these in stores.

I have one of each on hand. Asking price is $100 for the pair

Serious buyers only. You can reach me by TEXT at . If you call, please leave a message in regards to the Skylanders. Thanks

5Ka5H65S13G53M73mec47167ced8706c515c1.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2946228352

Not stupid, but quite the douchebag.

[quote name='wugenius']Not stupid, but quite the douchebag.[/QUOTE]
So selling something for a price that people might actually snap it up for because it's hard to find is being a d-bag now?:rofl:

To me, whatever people on the open market are willing to pay is what I'm gonna be selling my shit at, especially if it's an item that's hard to find and in demand.

If being a smart seller makes you a douchebag, then I'm a giant one cuz I always research my shit anymore n price stuff under that price by just a tiny bit($1-5).

I know it might be hard to understand sometimes, but people do tend to look down upon flipping in general, especially when it's brand new toys.

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/2894933878.html

Sega Dreamcast with games - $100 (metro)

Date: 2012-04-08, 6:19PM MDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Sega Dreamcast in mint condition from a smoke free home. Comes with 3 controllers, memory card, and the original small handheld mini game it came with. All in original box with all the cables and browser cd. Works perfectly. Comes with the following games

Gauntlet Legends
Sega GT
Vigilante 8
NFL 2K
Shenmue
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Crazy Taxi
Price is now firm, I've done the research and this is a great deal so please no more low ball offers, I'm out of work and need the money. Please put SEGA in the subject line so I know you are real.

Done the research? Is it wrong that I would offer him maybe 50 for all of that?

[quote name='Potatoeman']I know it might be hard to understand sometimes, but people do tend to look down upon flipping in general, especially when it's brand new toys.[/QUOTE]
It always comes back to this, doesn't it? People have been doing this forever. Not to mention stores mark up the items they get from their distributors, so EVERYBODY is a flipper if you think about it that way.

What I find funniest though is how people will pay the oil conglomerates $4 a gallon(or over) for gas, yet when it comes down to someone on eBay reselling stuff that they got to the store before the people bidding on it it's suddenly an unconscionable act and people should be burned at the stake for it.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It always comes back to this, doesn't it? People have been doing this forever. Not to mention stores mark up the items they get from their distributors, so EVERYBODY is a flipper if you think about it that way.

What I find funniest though is how people will pay the oil conglomerates $4 a gallon(or over) for gas, yet when it comes down to someone on eBay reselling stuff that they got to the store before the people bidding on it it's suddenly an unconscionable act and people should be burned at the stake for it.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I think the big problem comes down to the hoarding of said products, creating an artificial shortage, resulting in an increased price. Because the majority of the product is now in the hands of the resellers.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, retailers who get stock from the manufacturer have to set their price at or below MSRP. Resellers don't.

[quote name='sp00ge']I think the big problem comes down to the hoarding of said products, creating an artificial shortage, resulting in an increased price. Because the majority of the product is now in the hands of the resellers.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, retailers who get stock from the manufacturer have to set their price at or below MSRP. Resellers don't.[/QUOTE]
Try telling that to HHGregg, which has the price for a Dual Shock 3 at $59.99 then. The MSRP is only a 'suggested' retail price. Retailers are actually free to set whatever price they really want to or feel it will sell at from what I've seen.

Doesn't matter whether or not you or I agree with it. I flip video games every week. A lot of people hate the practice, especially in the situation Sp00ge described.

All the Gamestops around me got an order of Skylanders in about a week ago. They were bought out the same day by a guy that comes in and resells them all the time (I only know this because I met the guy and talked with him about it). I went back to Gamestop recently for the B2G1 and a mom(I presume, looked like it) came in asking if they had any Skylanders in stock. Manager said all the Gamestops around us are sold out.

I know this shit happens all the time, and has been happening forever. People in the toy "community" hate these people because they drive up prices online by creating the artificial shortage, even IF the actual demand is there.

Is it illegal? Nope. Is it great for the flippers? Sure.
But there is no denying that it sucks for people who just want the damn things for their intended use.
I almost bought skylanders when it was on sale but decided against it because if the out of control secondary market.
I dont blame the flippers. I blame the manufacturer for making so little of them. And the guy who's skylander post i showed is a dbag not because hes a flipper. But because he is gouging beyond belief. Very much like the other posts here where people think their old gameboy is worth asking 200 dollars for.

PS the oil analogy doesnt work. No one wants to pay those prices but have no choice. Its not like our cars can run on something other than gas. I dont need skylanders the way i need gas for the car, thus i chose not to buy them. You cant escape gasoline.

I don't understand local flipping? Amazon? Those
skylander figures are 9 dollars. Who in their right mind would pay 100?

nvm

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Try telling that to HHGregg, which has the price for a Dual Shock 3 at $59.99 then. The MSRP is only a 'suggested' retail price. Retailers are actually free to set whatever price they really want to or feel it will sell at from what I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but HHGregg also is a store that price haggles, so they price their stuff up to give some wiggle room. It was pointed out by another CAG that somewhere on their pricing labels, the lowest price they can go is coded into it, which is at or maybe slightly lower than MSRP.

[quote name='2supekards']I don't understand local flipping? Amazon? Those
skylander figures are 9 dollars. Who in their right mind would pay 100?

nvm[/QUOTE]

No idea, but we picked up a Whirlwind before Christmas to keep, thinking it wouldn't be hot. Sold it for $100, when the prices were going down.

Many parents will pay any price to satisfy their whining/crying kids.

Hell in my day my dad would smack me in the back of the head if I wanted a video game that costed $100+.

[quote name='Rexall']Many parents will pay any price to satisfy their whining/crying kids.

Hell in my day my dad would smack me in the back of the head if I wanted a video game that costed $100+.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I don't understand either. Tickle Me Elmo, anyone?

It really boils down to choice. If someone is willing to pay that much for those, than more power to them.

But it does act as a deterrent for those who wanted to get into the game but doesn't want to deal with after market mark ups like those. Again, I can't blame the flippers for making money off of desperate folks with money, but I still think it sucks for those who want them for their kids.

[quote name='wugenius']It really boils down to choice. If someone is willing to pay that much for those, than more power to them.

But it does act as a deterrent for those who wanted to get into the game but doesn't want to deal with after market mark ups like those. Again, I can't blame the flippers for making money off of desperate folks with money, but I still think it sucks for those who want them for their kids.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but there's still the bandwagon mentality. If every kid can get it, it might not be as desirable, then your kid won't want it, and it'll be a moot point.

Kids want iStuff cause it's hip, for example. I think statistically, minors have the (slight) majority of iDevices, with the rest wanting them.

[quote name='elessar123']Yea, I don't understand either. Tickle Me Elmo, anyone?[/QUOTE]

LOL, its funny cause my mom went crazy and bulldozed a lady to get me a tickle me elmo during the craze. Still sits at her house and reminds me how much she loves me and how crazy she is.

[quote name='wugenius']Its not like our cars can run on something other than gas. You cant escape gasoline.[/QUOTE]
Technically the people on Mythbusters proved that if you have a diesel powered car you could run old deep fryer grease in place of diesel on one of their shows. So at least for those driving Volvos or whatever other cars run on diesel that IS a viable option.;)
[quote name='sp00ge']Yes, but HHGregg also is a store that price haggles, so they price their stuff up to give some wiggle room. It was pointed out by another CAG that somewhere on their pricing labels, the lowest price they can go is coded into it, which is at or maybe slightly lower than MSRP.[/QUOTE]
HHGregg haggles on price? I have NEVER considered haggling on price(either buying or selling) anywhere except for the local game store by my house. I figured I would be laughed out of the store at places like Sears/Kmart if I tried to get a cheaper price. But I know it's not unheard of for people to try and as they say you never know until you try.

But if I saw someone in a normal corporation run retail store trying to get a lower price on something by haggling with the clerks I'd probably just chuckle and shake my head.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Technically the people on Mythbusters proved that if you have a diesel powered car you could run old deep fryer grease in place of diesel on one of their shows. So at least for those driving Volvos or whatever other cars run on diesel that IS a viable option.;)[/QUOTE]

Yes I know about this Biodiesel option. Although it isn't as viable as you say.

One, you need to have a diesel vehicle, which I don't. (Though I don't know the statistics of diesel vs. gasoline vehicle owners) Then you have the issue of converting your diesel engine to run on biodiesel. Then you have to find a steady supply of the biodiesel. (From my understanding, unless you own a restaurant or can get a restaurant to give or sell it to you, it would rule that out)

But it is still an option for those with the diesel powered vehicles. As for having to convert the engine, I really thought the people on MB ran straight biodiesel w/o modifications on one of the tests.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/2940970756.html

In box Nintendo NES Action Set withChip n dale rescue rangers 2 - $180

the box is in good condition along with the console and games comes with all the original manuals and comes with mariobros/duck hunt, yoshi, and chip n dale rescue rangers 2 which is a rare game i also have the original baggy's that the adaptors to the console come in

[quote name='Rexall']http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/2940970756.html

In box Nintendo NES Action Set withChip n dale rescue rangers 2 - $180

the box is in good condition along with the console and games comes with all the original manuals and comes with mariobros/duck hunt, yoshi, and chip n dale rescue rangers 2 which is a rare game i also have the original baggy's that the adaptors to the console come in[/QUOTE]

That really isn't that bad at all. That NES looks pretty damn minty, and Chip n Dale 2 goes for 80-100 on ebay.

Yeah, Craigslist sellers don't know how to estimate true worth very well. I imagine most people type the game into ebay and see the "New" prices and think their games are worth a ton of money, or don't look at completed listing at all.

Lol for the past week some guy has been listing his "rare" red wii, he put it back up today, and he mustve got a lot of bad replies because the title now reads "My not so rare red wii plus adult owned games" ROFL

I hate when you send someone an e-mail asking about what they're selling, they don't reply, then re-list it again and in the ad say "e-mail if you want to know what games I have". WTF?

Another thing that sucks is when you finally find a good deal but the person seems too crazy for it to be worth it. For example I see an ad like this recently:

Game boy color and pokemon games - $10

I have a game boy color and a few pokemon games. Willing to take ten dollars or best offer or you could buy me some KFC i'm that desperate. just want to get rid of it.

Are you fucking kidding me?

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/vgm/2953039843.html
SUPER NINTENDO SYSTEM - $1 (ELYRIA,OHIO)

HELLO THERE I HAVE A VERY NICE ADULT OWNED SUPER NINTENDO WITH ALL HOOK /UPS AND 3 CONTROLLERS AND 3 GAMES WITH IT WORK PERFECT, THE GAMES ARE KILLER INSTINCT,MADDEN, MARIO ALL STARS, THIS SYSTEM IS IN GREAT COLLECTOR SHAPE I WANT TO TRADE FOR IPOD TOUCH OR PSP WITH GAMES OR CASH WILL WORK TOO, THANKS FOR LOOKING SORRY NO PICS... EMAIL IF INTERESTED THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY..
Trading 20+ year old system with one desirable game for current electronics... :roll:

I generally see SNES' go for more than PSPs on Craigslist around here. SNES systems are almost always at least 50 or 60 while a PSP often goes as low as 40

bread's done
Back