Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

few Xbox 360 games for sell - $850 (east hampton)

Date: 2012-06-14, 11:09PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

All titles are for the xbox

Fable $850 used

Batman Arkham Asylum $850 NEW

NBA K used $850

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3043459899

I'm guessing the meant 8.50 a game, but thought it looked kind of funny, so figured I'd put it up here

[quote name='rpmboy']http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/vgd/3026784521.html
Best deal on CL.[/QUOTE]

This and the next post's overpriced games are actually computer generated ads that probably direct you to scam penny auction sites.

A lot of the ads are just poorly designed and spit out random numbers and letters a lot of the time.

The penny auction scam ads outnumber the real ads in my local Craigslist by at least two to one. None of the ads are real anymore.

[quote name='jer7583']This and the next post's overpriced games are actually computer generated ads that probably direct you to scam penny auction sites.

A lot of the ads are just poorly designed and spit out random numbers and letters a lot of the time.

The penny auction scam ads outnumber the real ads in my local Craigslist by at least two to one. None of the ads are real anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to see the same thing. The scam sites are shooting out so many ads, it's hard to find any real ads anymore.

I was trying to sell an NES with 20 games recently and I had someone who wanted to buy it, but he had to "ask his wife's permission to buy it" first! I even called the guy on the phone and he sounded like a middle aged guy. He tells me "good news, I asked my wife and she said its okay! I'm allowed to buy it!" lol this guy sounds like a 5 year old! Of course at the last minute he backed out and told me he couldn't buy it anymore. I can't even imagine being a grown man and still having to ask someone else's permission to buy something like that!

[quote name='crows in black']I was trying to sell an NES with 20 games recently and I had someone who wanted to buy it, but he had to "ask his wife's permission to buy it" first! I even called the guy on the phone and he sounded like a middle aged guy. He tells me "good news, I asked my wife and she said its okay! I'm allowed to buy it!" lol this guy sounds like a 5 year old! Of course at the last minute he backed out and told me he couldn't buy it anymore. I can't even imagine being a grown man and still having to ask someone else's permission to buy something like that![/QUOTE]

wow that's funny :)

Well I don't have the time to read all 102 pages of this, but let me just say that CL is clearly not the only player in stupidity.

It hasn't been but a few months since I saw the following. It was either on half.com or Ebay. I don't remember the game that it was, but some idiot was asking one million dollars. Oh, but wait, that's not all. The same seller was also selling another copy of the same game with the exact same description for about $20, though I don't remember that exact price either.

Now, I'm sure many of you will accuse me of making this up, but those who do, obviously never check Ebay or half.com, or you would know it isn't that strange.

[quote name='nabuch']Well I don't have the time to read all 102 pages of this, but let me just say that CL is clearly not the only player in stupidity.

It hasn't been but a few months since I saw the following. It was either on half.com or Ebay. I don't remember the game that it was, but some idiot was asking one million dollars. Oh, but wait, that's not all. The same seller was also selling another copy of the same game with the exact same description for about $20, though I don't remember that exact price either.

Now, I'm sure many of you will accuse me of making this up, but those who do, obviously never check Ebay or half.com, or you would know it isn't that strange.[/QUOTE]

Yep anywhere that an average person is allowed to sell you will find terrible deals. 9 out of 10 deals on Ebay are pretty awful IMO.

But the same can be said when you go to different pawn shops or thrift stores, for every great deal you find there you'll find 10 terrible ones like pawn shop owners trying to sell their games for close to retail.

xXGDJ.png

Anyone interested in parting with some real estate, classic cars, gold/silver, or other items on his list for this bundle "worth $450"?

Original Nintendo systems (2) (Beverly Hills)

Date: 2012-06-15, 12:26AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Nintendo Games: - Lets get these gone!! These are not in the original box but are in great shape! This is the best system to kick your kids butt on! Remember those days when your were ten!!! WAHOOO!!

Super Mario Bros 2 Double Dribble (x2) Blades of Steel Commando: Destroy The Enemy Army Super Mario Bros: Duck Hunt (x2) Major League Baseball
NES Play Action: Football (x2) Ninja Crusaders Mega Man 3 Demon Sword
Rad Racer Pac-Man Castle Vania II: Simon's Quest Super Mario Bros 3 Kung Fu R.C. Pro-AM Astyanax The Adventures of Bayou Billy Castle Vania Gauntlet NES Cleaning Kit Kirby's Adventure Tetris Wheel Of Fortune: Junior Edition Millipede Contra Hoops Jaleco: Bases Loaded Tiger-Heli Renegade Winter Games by Epyx Dick Tracy Double Dragon The Legend of Zelda Super Mario Bros (x2) Bandai Golf: Challenge Pebble Beach Ikari Warriors
Game Consoles & Accessories:
Nintendo Entertainment System (x2) Controller (x4) Nintendo NES Advantage Nintendo Zapper (x2)

worth $450 - WILL TRADE FOR Scooter, Moped, cool golf cart, Motorcycle, large generator, car trailer, welding machine, Truck Wrap, Truck with Tow Package, Real Estate, Muscle Cars, Classic 60's Mustang, gold/silver, Boston Terrier male puppy, legal firearms.

here is a great one, $250 for:

Complete set up includes: console, 2 tight controllers, 2 memory cards, 2 rumble pak's and the following games.

1. Mario 64 $30
2. Smash Bros $40
3. Mario Party 1 $35
4. Mario Party 2 $35
5. Goldeneye 007 $20
6. Conker's Bad Fur Day $60
7. N64 Console + controllers $85

Everything works like new.

$250 for the whole bundle or buy individually for prices listed.

Not interested in trades, tattoo work or shipping.

Cash and locl pick up only.

E-mail if interested

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/vgm/3088459229.html

I've had a new in box 3G Vita up on CL (with a game) for weeks, the only emails I get want to buy it for $150 or less. I don't blame them for trying, and at this point I'd probably sell it for $200, but like $50? Come on now.

On a separate note, people need to learn to stop calling Squire guitars "Fender". I mean yeah, a division of Fender, but just put Squire in the damn header.

I have a Ps vita wifi black and a body sticker comes with 2 cases and also comes with 2 memory card each has 4gb
Has 8 game
1. Uncharted
2. Mortal combat
3. Reality fighter
4. Little deviants
5. Marvel vs capcom 3
6. Resistance
7. Batman Lego 2
8. Metal Gear sold HD collection
9. Ninja Gaden
All your for $623

Has anyone noticed the influx of Craigslist ads in the Video Gaming section that are listed weird prices ($62, $78, etc.) and will say stuff like "Please call my cell phone" without a number listed. I have a feeling these are scams especially ones like this: http://worcester.craigslist.org/vgd/3047829188.html

As for other Craigslist stupidity I have a bunch of flatscreen TVs and I only use the one in my living room and bedroom, and once in a blue moon the one in my office/bedroom. I stupidly only bought top of the line ones knowing they wouldn't be used much like I have a Sharp LC32LE700UN in one of my spare bedrooms which is a 32" LED Backlit 120hZ TV that retailed at $1299 and I paid a little over $700 because of employee discount at Ultimate Electronics (RIP) being the cost of the item. I put it up on Craigslist and linked to Best Buy who have the Samsung 6000 series 32" LED which isn't backlit but is otherwise comparable and the lowest I've seen that was $809.99. I put the TV up for $600 and I get all kinds of emails lowballing or trying to trade me things like a 3DS for it. My favorite email though?:
"yo bro i gotta boy sell me 40 dynex for $80 u beat it? hmu XXXXXXXXXX

cool"
Shit you not, copied and pasted aside from replacing his number with Xs. I imagine people offer stuff like... less than $80 when you're asking $600 because people must fall for it but c'mon!

[quote name='wugenius']Yeah I have seen posts that are disc only and clearly visible redbox stickers on them. Usually within a few days at launch.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they have stolen credit cards and check out a bunch of games with it and sell it?

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']What's the deal with CL being loaded with Kindle Fires? I recall something on here about them on here but ignored it cause I wasn't interested.[/QUOTE]
Basically, Target was supposed to have a fire sale of Kindle Fires by putting them on the clearance schedule. That never happened as far as I know, unless one or two random stores in the middle of bumblefuck did so and sold them quickly.

As for my recent CL escapades, I put up a couple game bundles with $20-30 prices for them and OBO even in the ad and not one actual reply. Then again my local CL is full of people reposting the same shit every two hours it seems, so my stuff is getting lost in the shuffle.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Basically, Target was supposed to have a fire sale of Kindle Fires by putting them on the clearance schedule. That never happened as far as I know, unless one or two random stores in the middle of bumblefuck did so and sold them quickly.

As for my recent CL escapades, I put up a couple game bundles with $20-30 prices for them and OBO even in the ad and not one actual reply. Then again my local CL is full of people reposting the same shit every two hours it seems, so my stuff is getting lost in the shuffle.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Nope - All the Kindle Fire, Blackberry, Cell phone, and other random ads you and everyone else is seeing shitting up the videogames section of every craigslist in the country are scams for penny auction sites. People trying to get referral dollars for getting people to sign up for these penny auction sites.

My craigslist searches these days all include: -xbox -360 -ipad -ipod -iphone -apple -ps3 -kindle -fire - blackberry -samsung -unlocked etc etc etc.

Anything new or popular that is being listed without a phone number is almost certainly a penny auction referral scam ad. It's gotten really terrible, to the point where those ads outnumber the real ones many times over. Craigslist had a good run, but it's basically useless now.

[quote name='Gannikus']Maybe they have stolen credit cards and check out a bunch of games with it and sell it?[/QUOTE]

I assume these people value an immediate fix of drugs or alcohol more than a credit rating, if they even know what one is. Or are using stolen credit cards.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']It's not just in Johnson County, KS I promise you.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I've NEVER seen a deal on KS side in the KC Metro area that wasn't god-awfully expensive. :cry:

i.e.

EnJHk.png

I paid $30 for an original Xbox, also on Craigslist. It had two wireless controllers and like 20 games about 10 of them I sold off for about $25. it also had Star Wars Battlefront II which I sold for $30 on Ebay. So I profited off that purchase lol, so every once in a while you find something good. This is the opposite of that kind of deal though.

The Xbox purchase and I also found a like new 3DS with Rayman 3d for $85. Those are the only two deals I've ever gotten off craigslist that I can recall. And I check it daily I have my local video games section of craigslist bookmarked.

nKEGz.png

I dont even know what's going on there. Is he making fun of himself? Mostly shit games there though and there's no way they're worth "$250" Also if anyone is curious there is no such thing as a Blumpkin Galaxy.

[quote name='ferant316']I think he accidentally moved the decimal point over. $25.0 sounds more accurate.[/QUOTE]
That would be even stupider because then he would be trying to get $160 for something that he says is only worth $25. He is most definitely just trying to make people think it's worth far more than it actually is, which I don't think really counts as stupid...it's just a bit crazy (it works every now and then, though).

[quote name='ZombieToast']That would be even stupider because then he would be trying to get $160 for something that he says is only worth $25. He is most definitely just trying to make people think it's worth far more than it actually is, which I don't think really counts as stupid...it's just a bit crazy (it works every now and then, though).[/QUOTE]

I was joking with that, as a way of saying the real value is about $25.

bread's done
Back