Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

For sale is a rare PlayStation 1, model SCPH-1001, supposed to have audiophile quality audio output from the red and white RCA jacks, I've heard of a lot of people using them in place of high-end cd players. Can test it before you buy it, however you have to supply the power cord and controller, as I don't have one. Asking $40, if interested please email me

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/3114534983.html

Wow... Good on him for coming up with an original way to try to hawk shit that our goodwills have trouble getting rid of for 5 bucks, I guess. But, a ps1 with absolutely no cables for 40 bucks. Hahahahahahahahaha...

[quote name='karkyco']GD it, next time post the contents of the ad. I hate missing out on a good read. Already flagged and gone...[/QUOTE]

IMO it wasn't that great of a read anyway. Just someone complaining about another seller on craigslist who doesn't fix consoles right, telling everyone that that seller was a scam and to avoid. I am really not even sure why it would belong in this thread.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't know why most of these ads are here. Most of them are about price gouging, which isn't really a matter of stupidity.[/QUOTE]
Because people on here are like the people responding to those "price gouging" ads and they expect everything on there to be $5 or free for the asking.:roll: That's why.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because people on here are like the people responding to those "price gouging" ads and they expect everything on there to be $5 or free for the asking.:roll: That's why.;)[/QUOTE]Yeah, stupid large portion of the thread/community. That :roll: will show them.
[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't know why most of these ads are here. Most of them are about price gouging, which isn't really a matter of stupidity.[/QUOTE]It's stupid in context of this community, dedicated to cheap games, and especially with most of us knowing how much things typically go for. It isn't stupid for someone to want to make a large amount of money for an item, sometimes it's just unreasonable.

here is a fun one: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/vgm/3137310331.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking to do yard work/mow lawns for retro video games and consoles! (Plainfield)

Date: 2012-07-13, 2:12PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
I would like to do any type of work listed below, and instead of being paid, I want to do the work for retro and old school video games and consoles.

Work I will do:

-Picking up dog poo
-Dog walking
-Dog/cat watching (I have references)
-Mowing lawns
-Heavy lifting and moving
-Babysitting (I am an honor student, part of National Honors Society and have babysat in the past. I have references if necessary!)
-House cleaning for elderly.
-Any type of work that one may need to be done.

What type of retro and old video games and consoles I am looking for:

-Atari 2600
-Atari 2600 Jr.
-Atari 5200
-Atari 7800
-Atari Jaguar
-Atari Flashback
-Atari Flashback 3
-Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
-Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
-Nintendo 64
-Sega Genesis
-Sega Saturn
-Sega Dreamcast
-Any other old video game stuff.

I am about to attend college within the next 2 months and I am an avid collector so I want to expand on my collection. Anyone who knows me knows that I work hard and love to help people out. Feel free to call me and even schedule a time for me to stop by and you can get to know me. I truly appreciate anyone who has read this far.

Call me or email me about anything!

-Caleb 815-931-8787

[quote name='therealdanhill']Yeah, stupid large portion of the thread/community. That :roll: will show them.[/quote]
There's being cheap and there's being unreasonable. It's ok to expect a deal, but to expect someone to not even consider the actual value of an item when pricing it is a bit asinine.

But by this logic, I could come into your house, offer $5 for your HDtv and you would gladly allow me to buy it for that price, right? After all, it's what I feel something is worth and not the actual market value.;) What's that? You would want more for it? Now you're just being unreasonable. :D:booty:
It's stupid in context of this community, dedicated to cheap games, and especially with most of us knowing how much things typically go for. It isn't stupid for someone to want to make a large amount of money for an item, sometimes it's just unreasonable.
See above. If something is worth X amount, why should I sell it for peanuts? It makes no sense.

Now don't get me wrong, the ads with an Atari 2600 with 10 copies of Combat, Asteroids or E.T. in the bundle for $250 is outrageous. But for something with a market value that others are willing to pay readily I see nothing wrong with asking for close to market without putting it on eBay.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If something is worth X amount, why should I sell it for peanuts?[/QUOTE]
So whoever buys it from you for peanuts can turn around and sell it on eBay for market value, DUH. :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Now don't get me wrong, the ads with an Atari 2600 with 10 copies of Combat, Asteroids or E.T. in the bundle for $250 is outrageous. But for something with a market value that others are willing to pay readily I see nothing wrong with asking for close to market without putting it on eBay.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that people pay more on Ebay because they know about all the BS fees the seller has too pay right??? Craigslist is free to post and noone will do Paypal or ship because youre obviously a scammer if you ask them that....:roll:

[quote name='juangrande386']You do realize that people pay more on Ebay because they know about all the BS fees the seller has too pay right??? Craigslist is free to post and noone will do Paypal or ship because youre obviously a scammer if you ask them that....:roll:[/QUOTE]

I usually have good luck with Paypal/Shipping on CL with most people, but I get just as many who have no idea what Paypal is(which just seems ridiculous to me). I was trying to buy a Halo Plasma sword replica from a kid for 20 bucks and I'm sure he wasn't older than 20, 21, and he had no clue what Paypal was.

what the hell is he talking about? The game he has pictured is "Bo Jackson Hit and Run" for the gameboy color

I have a game boy game baseball and football its a vintage NES game - $3 (N,C san diego)

Date: 2012-07-10, 4:17PM PDT

for game boy.
this is just a game and two games in one cartridge and for the collector PEDRO i also have games with boxes but please i can not take a quarter or fifty cents for them those are flawless and collectors item only.

[quote name='lmz00']So whoever buys it from you for peanuts can turn around and sell it on eBay for market value, DUH. :lol:[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause:That's what they think. But usually most stuff I put up on CL is stuff I don't care if I sell or not, so I'll put it up for market value and if they scoff then I re list it later on for about the same. Rinse and repeat until I either get bored or they get tired of seeing my repeat ads and cave in. God knows it's not gonna be me caving on my asking price cuz I'm stubborn sonofabitch.:lol::booty:
[quote name='juangrande386']You do realize that people pay more on Ebay because they know about all the BS fees the seller has too pay right??? Craigslist is free to post and noone will do Paypal or ship because youre obviously a scammer if you ask them that....:roll:[/QUOTE]
I have never and will never accept Paypal unless it's from selling something on eBay, which I have yet to do due to the stupid fees and scammy buyers. Craigslist is for cash and for LOCAL buyers only. If someone is from out of my area after I put LOCAL buyers only in my ad, then they're traveling all the way to me to make the deal.

I had some fuckface a year ago offer me $.10 a case for some game cases I bought from Hollywood Video and he expected me to drive an hour to a town down the line from here to deliver them. Yeah. Like that's gonna happen.:roll:

I don't really get why people try to buy/sell on CAG anyway, especially since it seems like eBay/Amazon prices almost always get brought into the discussion right off the bat. It's free to list on Amazon and basically free to list on eBay, if I want to buy or sell something for those prices I'll do it on those websites. I don't need CAG for that.

Besides, the reason Amazon and eBay prices are what they are is because those services provide a degree of transparency and security to the buyer (and to a lesser extent the seller as well). If I have to make a trip to Walgreen's and the ATM and hide cash in a birthday card and then cross my fingers and hope you don't pretend you've never heard of me after you have the money in hand I don't think I'll be paying the same price.

[quote name='sevenfold']I don't really get why people try to buy/sell on CAG anyway, especially since it seems like eBay/Amazon prices almost always get brought into the discussion right off the bat. It's free to list on Amazon and basically free to list on eBay, if I want to buy or sell something for those prices I'll do it on those websites. I don't need CAG for that.[/quote]
One word: Fees. That's why I only take US Postal Service money orders on here or CASH when I deal in person. At least with the USPS MO's there's a serial # and I can cash em at the post office right before I ship something.
Besides, the reason Amazon and eBay prices are what they are is because those services provide a degree of transparency and security to the buyer (and to a lesser extent the seller as well). If I have to make a trip to Walgreen's and the ATM and hide cash in a birthday card and then cross my fingers and hope you don't pretend you've never heard of me after you have the money in hand I don't think I'll be paying the same price.
I've been on here for about 7 years now. I've done dozens of deals with other CAG's and at the same time I've lost probably a dozen or two deals because both parties were stubbron and refused to budge on price or payment methods.

I've had people bitch at me over a $.50 difference between paying for Delivery Confirmation on Paypal versus going to the post office to buy it before. Yes. Someone bitched at me that I should buy a printer and use Paypals' service to buy postage over fifty fucking cents on here before.:roll:

My whole thing is, if something has value I'll want a reasonable percentage of it whether I'm selling it on eBay/Amazon, here on CAG or on CL. Otherwise I won't sell it. I don't always want full market value, but enough to make sure that the person buying it is buying it for their own personal use and not to try reselling on their own.:D:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']One word: Fees. That's why I only take US Postal Service money orders on here or CASH when I deal in person. At least with the USPS MO's there's a serial # and I can cash em at the post office right before I ship something.

I've been on here for about 7 years now. I've done dozens of deals with other CAG's and at the same time I've lost probably a dozen or two deals because both parties were stubbron and refused to budge on price or payment methods.

I've had people bitch at me over a $.50 difference between paying for Delivery Confirmation on Paypal versus going to the post office to buy it before. Yes. Someone bitched at me that I should buy a printer and use Paypals' service to buy postage over fifty fucking cents on here before.:roll:

My whole thing is, if something has value I'll want a reasonable percentage of it whether I'm selling it on eBay/Amazon, here on CAG or on CL. Otherwise I won't sell it. I don't always want full market value, but enough to make sure that the person buying it is buying it for their own personal use and not to try reselling on their own.:D:booty:[/QUOTE]

lol, i lol at the 50 cents part. Some people should not even be on this site, they should create a sub forum on this site call "hoboassgamer" like the guy on deal of the day bestbuy typed. I can't believe that guy on bb dotd thread actually asked some1 to buy the game for him, and he will pay them back. i mean if you do not even have $5 spare to buy the dotd game, maybe you should not be buying it then, LOL

GWqAm.png

Not sure how you can call it "mint condition" and then say "3 of 4 controls are fully functioning" I also never trust when they're skipping town and selling stuff, could be stolen.

That said I am jealous, I never played an arcade more in my life than NBA Jam. Thank goodness for MAME but it isnt the same as having an actual arcade. Really it's just an old fashion TV screen with some arcade sticks and some wood I guess. You can barely see the X-men Arcade right next to it.

I think by "mint" condition, he is probably referring to the cosmetic condition, which I think is fair. Obviously, that wouldn't be considered "Mint" by most collectors, but things like that are up to interpretation at times. Maybe he even knows what is wrong with the fourth controller and considers it to be an easy fix. Either way, I wouldn't say it's a major faux pas and the ad is overall reasonable (as long as the machine actually is in good condition).

I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he truthfully is moving and simply has to get rid of this because he doesn't have room. I'm personally not bothered by the game's origins, but if that's an issue for you as a potential buyer, I believe these cabinets often have serial numbers, although I could be wrong. I know at least some of them do, but I'm not a cabinet collector, so I don't know if that is the norm.

I've seen a bunch of cabinets on my CL lately, all I need is some extra money and for them to let me get the right deal and I could have Golden Axe and Area 51. I would be so excited if I got those.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']what the hell is he talking about? The game he has pictured is "Bo Jackson Hit and Run" for the gameboy color[/QUOTE]

I love how he mentions this lowballer "Pedro" offering $.50 or a dollar a piece for complete games...

People really put a premium price on Pokemon games here but I really don't think Pokemon Ruby, Fire Red and Sapphire are worth 60 bucks each. If they were CIB, I'd probably pay 20-30 but that's my limit.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']People really put a premium price on Pokemon games here but I really don't think Pokemon Ruby, Fire Red and Sapphire are worth 60 bucks each. If they were CIB, I'd probably pay 20-30 but that's my limit.[/QUOTE]

I see that too, I just couldnt spend that much on a Gameboy game. Especially when I find them for $4 apiece or less at Goodwill every now and then. Ive found Pokemon Red, Blue, Crystal, Yellow, Gold, ....insert possible other version.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']
ry1He.png

You know when they're trying to justify the price in the ad that even they know their asking price is absurd.[/QUOTE]

He said he bought it for $450 and wants to sell it for $800? :roll:

This is close to the worst deal I've ever seen on Craigslist. $600 for an original Xbox? Yeah it has some games but I got an original Xbox + about the same amount of games for $25 on Craigslist. You can get almost every one of those games individiually for around $10. Some of them like NCAA Football 2004 and ESPN 2K5 are almost worthless.

Xbox w/36 great games+ more - $600 (Crosbyton)

Date: 2012-07-23, 9:32PM CDT

Up for sale is an original Xbox and connections in Excellent condition with 3 controllers and a DVD remote w/receiver (Adult Owned). It comes with 36 classic games and is retro gaming at its finest for the Xbox. All Games come with original cases, artwork, and manuals!!! The titles include:

Halo- ranked the #1 game for the Xbox and one of the top 100 games of ALL TIME! (Very Good condition)
Halo 2 (limited collectors edition,2 discs)- ranked the #2 game for Xbox. (Like New)
Splinter Cell- was given a score of 9.6 out of 10 (Very Good)
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow- 9.5 out of 10 (Very Good)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory- ranked the #3 of the top 25 games for Xbox. (Like New)
Splinter Cell Double Agent- 9.0 out of 10 (Like New)
Sega GT 2002/JSRF- 2 games in 1! GT 8.8 out of 10/ JSRF is ranked the #25 of the top 25 games for Xbox. A rare and hard to find game. (Like New)
Max Payne- 8.9 out of 10, These games are really hot right now since Max Payne 3 came out not long ago! (Very Good)
Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne- 9.0 out of 10 (Like New)
Ninja Gaiden BLACK- is ranked the #7 of the top 25 games for Xbox and is one of the top 100 games of ALL TIME!
Fable- is ranked the #8 of the top 25 Xbox games!
Jade Empire (Limited Edition,2 discs)- the #5 of the top 25 games for Xbox and was given the Highest score for an Xbox game 9.9 out of10.(Like New)
Panzer Dragoon orta- a rare hard to find game,ranked #21 of the top 25 Xbox games! This series is also part of the top 100 of ALL TIME!(Like New)
The Chronicles of Riddick Escape From Butcher Bay- Platinum Hits edition, ranked #12 of the top 25 Xbox games! (Like New)
Half Life 2- a rare hard to find game and was given a score of 9.4 out of 10. This series is part of the top 100 games of ALL TIME! (Very Good)
Rainbow Six 3- ranked #6 of the top 25 Xbox games! (Like New)
Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow- was given a score of 9.3 out of 10. condition (Very Good)
Crimson Skies- Platinum Hits Edition,ranked #17 of the top 25 Xbox games! Plays Perfectly. (Good)
Star Wars Starfighter (Special Edition)- 7.8 out of 10. (Like New)
Burnout 3 takedown- ranked #13 of the top 25 Xbox games! this disc is scratched but nothing deep, plays perfect. (Acceptable)
Forza Motorsport- ranked #24 of the top 25 games for Xbox! (Like New)
RalliSport Challenge 2- Excellent game, was given a score of 9.2 out of 10. (Like New)
Return to Castle WOLFENSTEIN Tides of War- This series was a part of the top 100 video games of ALL TIME. 9.3 out of 10. (Like New)
Red Faction II- You do not need to play part 1, totally different style and storyline. 9.0 out of 10. (Like New)
MECHAssault- 9.2 out of 10. (Like New)
TrueCrime Streets of L.A.- Platinum Hits Edition, 9.0 out of 10. disc has scratches but plays fine. (Acceptable)
GUN- 8.0 out of 10. (Like New)
Transworld Surf- 8.8 out of 10. Best surfing experience on the Xbox. (Very Good)
World Soccer Winning Eleven international 8- was given score of 9.4 out of 10, best soccer game series. Game is Brand new and Sealed! (Brand New)
WWF RAW- 9.1 out of 10. (Very Good/Good)
NCAA Football 2005/Top Spin- 2 games in 1! NCAA scored 8.7 out of 10/ and top spin is an excellent tennis game 9.3 out of 10. (Very Good)
ESPN 2K5- excellent Football game and is the #9 of the top 25 games for Xbox! (Very Good/Like New)
MVP Baseball 2005- ranked #20 of the top 25 Xbox games! (Like New)
Fuzion Frenzy- Tons of Fun! Non-stop party game action! 8.3 out of 10. game has some scratches but plays perfectly fine. (Good)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004- I'll throw this one in for fun, 9.0 out of 10. (Very Good)

This would make an excellent gift and will Provide thousands upon thousands of hours of entertainment!

5 PLAYSTATION 2 GAMES - $20 (POMONA)

Date: 2012-07-24, 11:27AM PDT
Reply to:
CALL 909-*** **** ASKING $20 OBO FOR ALL 5 GAMES

5Nb5H85Je3G93J33H2c7m8c0fd289c0c0126f.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

So if I put the fifth game in my playstation 2, will it work?

bread's done
Back