Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

SEGA GAMES & ORIGINAL A.L.S. SEGA CASE (STANLY CO.)

Date: 2012-11-11, 10:07AM EST
Reply to: see below

THESE ARE VERY RARE GAMES, THE VALUE IS AROUND 375-450 DOLLARS, I HAVE 13 SEGA GENESIS GAMES AND 2 REGULAR SEGA GAMES, I HAVE A VERY OLD AND RARE ORIGINAL A.L.S. SEGA GAME CASE, WILL HOLD UP TO 20 GAMES SECURELY

INTERESTS: OUTDOOR STUFF, HUNTING GUNS, RIFLES WILL TAKE OTHER OFFERS

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/bar/3401928142.html
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

WARHAMMER 40K pepakura statue/costume project. Was asking $800. http://baltimore.craigslist.org/vgm/3378482789.html

Probably my craziest CL experience over all the years. I posted a sealed :ps3:BLOPS2 early yesterday morning. I get a text not more than 5 minutes later. Guy is asking all kinds of questions like "didn't this just come out, why are you selling it, etc." We arrange a meet up. He gets there before me and texts me to ask what type of car I'm in. I reply and ask him the same. He never responds. I pull up (bank parking lot) and see a police car. I'm thinking "good, the police are close by if this goes bad." I'm looking down at my phone to text him that I'm there and next thing I know the police officer is knocking on my window. He says "I'm here for the game." He has the money, so be it...but check this out. I don't remember giving him my name and I use google voice for CL, but while I'm driving down the street I get a text from him saying "Thanks (insert my name here)" Hmmm...did that dude run my plates or something?

[quote name='klimb22']WARHAMMER 40K pepakura statue/costume project. Was asking $800. http://baltimore.craigslist.org/vgm/3378482789.html

Probably my craziest CL experience over all the years. I posted a sealed :ps3:BLOPS2 early yesterday morning. I get a text not more than 5 minutes later. Guy is asking all kinds of questions like "didn't this just come out, why are you selling it, etc." We arrange a meet up. He gets there before me and texts me to ask what type of car I'm in. I reply and ask him the same. He never responds. I pull up (bank parking lot) and see a police car. I'm thinking "good, the police are close by if this goes bad." I'm looking down at my phone to text him that I'm there and next thing I know the police officer is knocking on my window. He says "I'm here for the game." He has the money, so be it...but check this out. I don't remember giving him my name and I use google voice for CL, but while I'm driving down the street I get a text from him saying "Thanks (insert my name here)" Hmmm...did that dude run my plates or something?[/QUOTE]

Probably, people stealing games and selling them on cl , et cetera is not uncommon, so he probably ran your plates to see if you had any prior history of theft, or other illegal activity.

[quote name='klimb22']They need to check this guy out then. He always has multiple copies of new releases with no box/coverart.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/vgm/3384806559.html[/QUOTE]

This is probably theft from redbox, which is harder to track, the labels get removed via heat source (hair dryer) and applied to a black or the case itself and reinserted.

B&M stores are more likely to notice shrink. Someone in your area probably recently stole a copy of the game you were selling so you became a suspect.

[quote name='Kovorkian']This is probably theft from redbox, which is harder to track, the labels get removed via heat source (hair dryer) and applied to a black or the case itself and reinserted.

B&M stores are more likely to notice shrink. Someone in your area probably recently stole a copy of the game you were selling so you became a suspect.[/QUOTE]
...and/or pre-paid card, etc

Lol. Me with 1 game vs. this guy. http://baltimore.craigslist.org/vgm/3408105383.html

rlRbi.png

Assuming he means Black ops 2? Where do the cases go on these new games?

I always email people when I see stupid prices on Guitar Hero and Rockband stuff. Goodwill always has those wired and wireless guitars for $6 apiece. Sometimes Ill see a mic for $4 and drums for maybe $10. Then I try to explain that Big Lots was selling some of those games for $5 apiece brand new. They also have Tony Hawk Ride and DJ Hero bundles brand new for $20-$25 so why would anyone give them $50 for their used stuff? Of course all they do in response is cuss and tell me how they spend yadda yadda amount on it a few years ago.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']
rlRbi.png

Assuming he means Black ops 2? Where do the cases go on these new games?[/QUOTE]

Probably a redbox ripoff copy.

While the game might be stolen, I do know several people who just throw the cases and manuals away and stick all of their games into those big folders.

[quote name='Olengie']Such a waste to do so. Imo. But I guess its to save space I suppose.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's a waste, but some people only see value in the game itself. I mean, you get the same trade-in value from GameStop whether or not you have a case. And for a lot of people, games are just something to do. When you think about it, we're the crazy ones for devoting so much space to rows of plastic cases filled with discs and pieces of paper. Ha ha. I wouldn't have it any other way, though.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yeah, it's a waste, but some people only see value in the game itself. I mean, you get the same trade-in value from GameStop whether or not you have a case. And for a lot of people, games are just something to do. When you think about it, we're the crazy ones for devoting so much space to rows of plastic cases filled with discs and pieces of paper. Ha ha. I wouldn't have it any other way, though.[/QUOTE]

True. Haha. But its so much better to display the games in their original cases rather than in a lame binder or cd case. And the manuals do have some type of value, depending on what it is.

I'm in the middle. I prefer keeping my games in CD wallets, but I would never throw away their cases. I just stash them all in a closet where they can't be seen.

[quote name='Olengie']True. Haha. But its so much better to display the games in their original cases rather than in a lame binder or cd case. And the manuals do have some type of value, depending on what it is.[/QUOTE]
Well, yeah, but what I'm saying is that these people don't really view them as collectible and don't think the manuals hold any value because they're just paper. A lot of these guys are probably the same ones who go on Craigslist and think that their old disc-only games are still worth the original MSRP.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, yeah, but what I'm saying is that these people don't really view them as collectible and don't think the manuals hold any value because they're just paper. A lot of these guys are probably the same ones who go on Craigslist and think that their old disc-only games are still worth the original MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']wtf did I just find.... xD
"trade a tiger retic juevenile for a ps3 and games must work and not be a ylod piece of sh*t the trade would be just for the snake"
http://pennstate.craigslist.org/vgm/3414789054.html[/QUOTE]

a guy is looking to sell his young tiger reticulated python for a working ps3 and games, he is only trading the snake, nothing else, (e.g. no enclosure)

*trade*

Wii U priced plummeting by the hour, down to just 50 or so profit from the crack whores trying to make a quick buck. Hopefully they just return them and waste gas and time.

a glut (look it up) of Wii's on the market come Christmas when little Freddy Flipper loses out on all his $5 preorders when his "buy my piece of paper for $100" scam falls apart....

[quote name='shadyfozzie']http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWINKIES-10...379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e74a4580b

Not craigslist, but pretty funny...[/QUOTE]

Laughed but then i found one that topped it. $2.5mil for twinkies only (no WiiU)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hostess-TWI...048&pid=100010&prg=1049&rk=2&sd=130805946379&

Hostess TWINKIES 24 Ct Sponge Cake Cream Filling SOLD OUT out Of Business Box
Starting bid:US $2,500,000.00

I will donate $500,000 to the employees who lost their jobs making the beloved Twinkie brand iconic.
I will divide the $500,000 equally.

Imagine the press you will get from this.
You will be on every network tv and radio show in the nation.

Help me help our fellow Americans. Also you get 24 amazing Twinkles.

Its Ebays fault they let you list 50 free items a month with no insertion fees now and you only pay if you sell the item. (but they charge a bigger % on the final value fee of your sale) So anyone can list anything no matter how ridiculous.

[quote name='Eagle3ye']http://newjersey.craigslist.org/vgm/3415511350.html

That box looks pretty beat up to be asking $400.....[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm North Jersey, now why does it look like it's suffered from severe water damage (despite being still factory sealed)...no chance it was damaged in Hurricane Sandy now is there???

Speaking of the WiiU reseller wannabes, if you've got a few minutes free time, you can call/email a bunch of the resellers anonymously and arrange for them to meet "you" (really each other) in a public place...given that idiots savvy shoppers are already camping out at various stores (news has reported that some particularly pathetic retards dedicated buyers have been camped out at some Best Buys in SoCal since LAST Monday...no idea why), you could send them to meet "you" outside the store. Tell them you're camped out, second in line, and will pay extra if they get down there ASAP.

Damn all of you OC people! Get off my lawn!

And yes, the wii hoarders are hillariously salty. Ive seen a few for 10-20 more then price after tax. They should just return them instead of paying interest on their credit cards they used to pay for it in the first place. But idiots will be idiots.

bread's done
Back