YMMV $5 Wii, DS, 3DS, VITA, PS3, and Xbox 360 games @ Target

Zantra

Banned
I found a selection of older games in the $1 to $3 dollar section at my local Target store. Lots of Shovelware but a few decent titles for 5 bucks. The ones that I can remember are...
Wii: Game Party
DS: An RTS game that I can't remember the name of, but it looked crappy, and Spectrobes: Beyond the portals collectors edition
3DS: A lot of shovelware, nothing worth mentioning at my store. A few licensed movie games.
VITA: Unit 13 and Little Deviants.
PS3: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and a few of those drawing pad games like the marvel one.
Xbox 360: Similar to the PS3 selection, with some added Kinect shovelware. The other games were an old madden game, the swimming game with that famous olympic diver, the Victorious game, and an old Forza game.

I got the Spectrobes game. Since I like the series. I know that the online doesn't work for the game, and the majority of games were Wii and DS games, probably because of that fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have nothing to add to this conversation other than my area is so ghetto that when the walmart nearby was built about 8 years back, everyone was absolutely in awe of the cart escalators (including me lol).

Also, there's a giant super target a few towns over. You can fit a super walmart & two regular walmarts in there. :p

Well if this has been going for a month in multiple stores, I guess that it is safe to assume that this is nationwide. And, something that Target is doing to older games from now on.

My closest Target had a few games that were part of this a month or so ago up front in the Dollar section.  It's gone now, but when it was there, I picked up a copy of Who Wants to be a Millionaire :360: for $5.  Not a terrible price for a mediocre game that she seems to be liking.

That's how I feel. These games weren't worth $60 when they were released. But, you could probably play them, and flip them to a store that sells used games. $5 for a mediocre game isn't a terrible deal. Especially when you can flip some of them to get your $5 back.

Flower Mound, TX has some of these $5 games in their "dollar spot".  They had a single copy of Deus Ex, Kane & Lynch 2, Elite Beat Agents and Virtua Tennis 4 among some other DS shovel ware.  

Picked up Mass Effect 2 for PS3 for $5. I don't usually look in that section, so thanks OP. Single floor Target for those who are interested in that sort of thing.

I might be checking out a few Targets while visiting friends. I will be reporting my findings, if I find anything.

I didn't find anything worth mentioning at the Vallejo Target. I have an acting gig in SF today, so after work I will stop by the Metreon Target, and see what I can find.

Found 1 copy of spectrobes & about 8 other shovelware games. I went looking for Elite Beat agents so I left spectrobes but it looks like someone beat me to there since all the games were like flung into the bins next to the video game one. Oh well.

Saw like two games down in the bottom bins at the dollar section at the Jantzen Beach Target maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

Nothing there last time I went. I'm sure this has been cleared out and gone at all the Targets in my area.

I've given up looking at my local Target. Only thing it ever has is strategy guides and iPhone cases.

I've personally seen these in two places, in some stores they are in "The Spot" when you first walk in (that place with all the cheap crap). I've also seen them in electronics, but only in stores that didn't have a "The Spot" area - or stores that insist on putting a plastic prison on every game regardless of price.

Only notable one I've seen is Singularity for PS3 for $5.
i loved singularity, such an underrated gem !!! i hope you picked it up if you never played it before

as for the deals any nyc cag's seen this promo at any of the targets in our area ?

The one in SF had a copy of Fallout 3 without the dlc. And, a bunch of shovelware, including some of the games previously mentioned.

My store restocked the $5 games! Mostly the same, with a few new editions. All still pretty much shovelware and licensed games.

I have been traveling all over SoCal and this $5 section is pretty rare, and I have kinda forgotten to look out for it.
So far from what I remember these stores had it:
San Pedro
Rosemead
Diamond Bar
Whittier
Anaheim
There's another one in the OC but I forgot which city.

bread's done
Back